• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread Export: Pikachu

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I've known this for a while... drop all the other options and just shorthop a down air. It hits the majority of the time rather than "some" of the time unlike the other moves in that situation. It's your safest way out of it.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I beat anther at snes on FD. It was friendlies but still. On that note, anther is by far the nicest most genuine smasher I've ever met. Such a happy go lucky person. He beat me on BF and smashville i think.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'll to bring this discussion back to life for a quick re-examining of the matchup ratio.

I'll tell the Pikachu boards about this so we can get their side of the story.

Reexamination Points

Damage building -
Ground game -
Air game -
Killing -
Strategies -
Overall Ratio -

For D3 boards only: After the discussion is done, I will need everyone's ratios on this matchup so I can turn them in to Rajam.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Seibrik, I went an tested the upb thing, and it did not work. There was way to much room for the Pikachu to punish.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'll to bring this discussion back to life for a quick re-examining of the matchup ratio.

I'll tell the Pikachu boards about this so we can get their side of the story.

Reexamination Points

Damage building -
Ground game -
Air game -
Killing -
Strategies -
Overall Ratio -

For D3 boards only: After the discussion is done, I will need everyone's ratios on this matchup so I can turn them in to Rajam.
*cou gh*

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I canceled, and watched the horrible level 3 pikachu just sit there and randomly uptilt as I fell to the ground. From what I saw, it didn't seem to work.
And I also would never want to be on the ledge against a pikachu.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I was no where near him, but maybe I just didn't cancel soon enough.
Why the pikachu kept uptilting is beyound me, but smash has always had loly AI.
I also had trouble timing it. A lot of times I didn't get to the super armor frames soon enough.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I wasn't testing the skill of their up b though, I was testing to see when they could move after the up b compared to when we fall.
All the pikachu needed to do was up b then make any movement afterwords for me to see if he had the frame advantage.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Don't tell Rajam anything. If enough good players (read: CO18, Seibrik, Atomsk, lain, etc.) say that the matchup ratio should be different from what it is I'll change it myself.

ZEDD

Smash Rookie
At first I thought this was 35-65 as stated above due to my tournament experience and what knowledgeable NorCal brawl players have told me, but I think the key idea is not to be focused completly on grabs but rather maintain Dedede in the air(pikachu does not have a great answer for Dedede's dair, and when a bair connects you can really change the momentum of the match-up and apply pressure to pikachu by reading what he does at the ledge after you hit him with the bair off the stage and punish accordingly) and land with buffered grabs where pikachu is going to want to grab you, so before the match make sure you get the grab port. Dsmash in my mind seems to be the most realistic kill move to get on pikachu, but always keep alert for the chance to utilt, because after 100% its a guaranteed kill. Maybe in the future the match-up will slowly drop down to a 60-40 i pikachu's favor, but I agree its significantly hard for Dedede.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Serin is taking over this thread so I'm bumping it.

Top Bottom