• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Re-discussion (2010): Diddy Kong

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
i do use that alot, but if u make a mistake.... its gonna hurt... im going to use Shield Oos jump the next time, to see what effect does against them...

i also think that Zelda strenght its in the distance ur opponent...
What do you mean ? If Zelda use her range to space the opponent and punish with her good range and doesn't allow opponents to get in to close to her she has the advantage ?

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
yeah, distance and timming is the key, the exact distance to deny DD from taking out hes 2nd banana, also making hes glide toss less usable at short mid range (cuz if u dodge the banana just pass u over), sweet spot F smash, and my favorite move, shuter step back F smash, also if u call right nayru the banana reflection hit DD (if u are at mid long distance u reflect but the banana doesnt hit DD).

the advantage of shuter step back plus F smash its awesome in Zelda case, cuz her fox trot its short and quick plus in the first frames of F smash she pull back, then attack, if u learn how to timming right, u dodge and attack at the same time. against MK, Snake works beautiful, dodging the grab and attacking. in DD case, u have to use it when he doesnt have a banana. xD

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
not sure if i can help with this MU but diddy has a glitch that helps his recovery when he gets hit, it allows him to go up instead of falling down (I've done this before) (if you don't know about it i'm just pointing it out, and i'm good with everyone so i can provide some details on how they play, but everyone probably knows already...)

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
If you mean the glitch where Diddy floats up while charging his barrel jetpacks, then that should be pretty known. Zelda uses exactly the same glitch for love jumping.

But still, thanks for remainding us about it!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I think we should try to get back into the swing of things now and get the diddy MU wrapped up.

What stages would you all take diddy to? and which would you ban?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I like smashville personally. I know I have taken Diddy's to pokemon stadium before just to make me live that much longer, I can't remember if that payed off or not though...

BF is always good though, can't be banana locked far, you got platforms to screw him with and most Zelda's are already comfy on it.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea stadium is nice because it can mess with his banana game with the transformations.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
This will sound crazy but my go to cp is Frigate.

I love this stage! Camp when you have the vertical moving platform and try to trap him there. Zelda can give Diddy the business here but that's just me.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So is matchup stuff like completely flatlined for the moment or what??? I would like to request Ice Climbers.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Nuuuu! Wii must revive everything. We'll do ICs next, let's wrap this up and call it... disadvantaged. In Jujux chart terms we'll call it 65:35 dd and BAN FD, along with counterpicking a stage most comfortable on. Done. Zip. Kaput. Bring on ICs.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Sorry I made my previous posts in a bit of rush. I think now would be a good time to talk about how wii feel the matchup sways advantage-wise.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
40/60 Diddy. I think it is one of her more winnable high-tier matchups tbh.
I can agree with that.

If we get to a stage where he can't position himself well with bananas, he doesn't even really have a noticeable advantage.

Most of the time he CAN set up nanners though, and that hurts.

'V'

Smash Lord
Diddy is the most annoying character to fight imo. Even if he has 1 banana out, it sucks. He camps too well.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
It sure is annoying, but a Toon Link is much more annoying imo. That spam armor is hard to pass. What I do with that evil monkey, is to try to separate him from the banana peels and it's much easier that way, the hard thing is to successfully put him far from the bananas, and very few times throw him the bananas, because he can pick 'em up much easier than us and start killing, that's what we don't want. Hope this helps or something.

Top Bottom