• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Discussion-Peach

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
GO-GO-GO, we must discuss peach now!

kill %s?
ways to counter her floating aerials?
best tiems to punish her?
ways she can punish olimar?
our most reliable way to kill her?
starter stages to go to?
CPs?
Bans?
what to do under pressure
what attacks do yellow pikmin beat and when?
Does fair beat peach's dair if you aim for her head?
ways to severely punish dair?

anything else people can think of, i really need help in this MU

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
If you uair her with a yellow pikmin at the bottom of it's hitbox, u can follow it up with a blue pikmin fair.

TKila

Smash Apprentice
Actually i always do this

1. Wait to peach to fly XD
2.throw pikmins
3. when she is close to you try to evade n run to the other side
4. keep going thorwing pikmins

that is a way that works for me D: to do % to peach

but also u can do pikmin throw combos like Purplethrow + some Fair
or u can hit her with yellow Fair :) sometimes red or purple but is better Yellow :)

That is my opinion

Asa

Smash Hero
i don't find usmash oos very useful in this matchup unless the peach has poor spacing

lots of pikmin toss and fair

and nairrr

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, while up smash oos technically does beat her dair, it doesn't if she's spacing it well, or if she drops down with a nair afterwards, or if she doesn't float with it and just falls with it. You have to know when it's safe to counter it with the up smash, or you're just going to get hit.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I just got beat (specificallly olimar vs peach) 3-1 by lloD. I'd like to see more input that can help out please :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Questions are easier to work with. I (and some others) are better at responding to specific questions or problems than just generally talking about the matchup.

Noa.

Smash Master
Specific questions are easier to answer. And I did that writeup on it a long time ago, and I would suppose that at least some of it still applies and it answers most of the questions posed in the first post.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Tether is such a match up changer for me. If you can react to Peach's float approaches with tether when she's at a 45 degree angle, you shouldn't have too many problems against her.

Dnyce

Smash Master
If she spaces dair so that you can't usmash oos, then upB oos. You guys do realize how helpless peach is in that float state right?
.-.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It's different if she doesn't float with it, though. She can fall with the dair and jab before we have time to do anything. I'm also not sure what would happen if she spaced it right above you at the beginning of the dair, and then moved past you so that tether wouldn't hit (unless you wave bounced it which most people aren't going to do out of shield) and then dropped down with a bair, which beats our usmash handily. But all in all, floating dair isn't a big deal.

Dnyce

Smash Master
She has 9 frames landing lag or 8 of cool down and jab comes out on frame 2.

We have plenty of time to usmash ;o

Noa.

Smash Master
Peach's dair can autocancel and lead directly into jab. We can't do anything in between those two moves except like roll lol.

Top Bottom