• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Rediscussion: Zelda

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado

Go sister, soul sister~
Peach makes marmalade out of Zelda
Intended yet dreadful pun is indetended. And dreadful

Peach hands down wins this match up. Din's Fire sucks because Peach can Nair through it. So in the air, she doesn't have to worry about relying on her crappy airdodge and on the ground, she doesn't have to worry about shielding it because she can simply ground Float Nair. There is absolutely nothing stopping Peach from sitting at the other side of the stage with a Turnip in hand, waiting to time Zelda out and Nairing any Din's Fire attempts if Peach is really willing to play that gay (which nowadays I am lol)

Her reflector is rubbish vs Turnips because when they're sent back, they're still falling down so they'll most likely miss Peach. Unless Peach has glide tossed it point blank at Zelda, its a free aerial for Peach

Zelda doesn't have the tools to get through Peach's defensive wall. Minus Up Smash, she has very poor OoS options. Her ground game isn't versitile or fluid enough to take on Peach's air game and her air game gets flat out beat by Peach's ground game. Turnips make things really difficult for Zelda to get in and fight Peach up close. Even then, Peach outspeeds her up close. I haven't even mentioned recovery...

Watch out for her smashes. Get ready to punish any F Smashes and Up Smashes on block. WAIT UNTIL THE SMASH HAS FULLY FINISHED! Or you'll get hit when you drop your shield lol

I'll go more in depth if need be but I'm sure I've posted stuff elsewhere before. This isn't a good match up for Zelda

Diabolique

Smash Cadet
Minus Up Smash, she has very poor OoS options.
On the contrary, Zelda actually has an above average shield game (I guess you could call it that? haha) Upsmash is actually a rather poor OoS option here, because as long as you hit Zelda so her shield will go horizontal enough, it won't really hit. It should only be used here if something really laggy comes out (like a non-auto cancel Fair) But she has other things to do OoS like:

-Nair
-Bair
-Dsmash
-Dtilt
-Grab
-Dash Attack

Not saying they are particularly useful in this matchup, but I just have a habit of correcting assumptions about Zelda, haha. Against Peach...hmm...I think Nair and Dash Attack would be the most useful here.

As a Peach you don't want to play like "lol Triforce Tier" and get lazy. If that happens Zelda WILL give you a run for your money. Always mix it up, turnips are huge part of pressure but remember that her Glide toss goes half way across FD if she catches one. Also, Never, EVER, EVER land behind Zelda. You may think it's a safe place but it is not. Landing behind her is a free Lightning Kick OoS most times.

Just don't get careless, don't assume anything, mix it up, and Peach should be fine. I give it a 65 for Peach. 70 just seems a little high for me.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I will contribute to this once I'm done being ***** by time zones and after meno is done molesting me <3

But yeah i pretty much live this match-up and I think it would be absolutely stupid for a Peach to just underestimate Zelda in any way. Even though she is the 3rd worst (which I don't really believe shes THAT low..) she can pull some very nasty tricks that can cause great sadness to a unsuspecting Peach

I'll also tell my doubles partner Riot to give some feedback on this matchup :o

Janne

Smash Journeyman
I really like the OP's picture :)

Pressuring with turnips pretty much has this match won for Peach or rather translates to the general idea that the match is in Peach's favor.

Don't understimate Zelda. Actually, never underestimate any character at all for that matter even if it is in your favor.

If you've got good spacing, Zelda shouldn't be a problem.

Peach is amazing at gimping. She can easily gimp Zelda and punish Farore's lag.

Be careful when using Dairs.

If there's ever a situation, though I doubt there could be, that you're floating with your parasol maybe say back to the stage, that's like a free aerial attack for Zelda. And all her aerials except Nair, are great KO moves. Peach is good at horizontal recovery anyways. This would be a rare occurence.

Careful when using your smash attacks. Zelda might just trip you.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Turnips Turnips Turnips!

I played against Ed (a Zelda who beat Candy in tournament) in tourney around June and turnips open all of Zelda's weaknesses. I plucked about 80 turnips each match of our set, and this really allowed me to attack her endlessly. If she shields a normal turnip throw, and just wait a bit and fair. Also OoS bair is good if she's fsmash/usmashing your shield. But turnips really exploit her in all kinds of ways. So just camp the entire match and things seem a lot easier. But if your reckless and dairing her shield and not retreating and just trying to be all over her without turnip being thrown before hand, this will be a bit challenging.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I played Peachkid's awful Zelda that he just copied from his doubles partner and there is no way Peach can lose this. Just shut your brain off and dair the crapola out of her. HURRAY YOU WIN!

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Yea, copy and pasting Riot's Zelda didn't work to well.

He does an attack that spins in the air and Din's Fire never hits him. :confused::confused::confused:

I'll ask Meno tomorrow at Supercon. Surely he will give me good advice.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Zelda can deal with peach...... if she doesn't know how to space her fairs on you. Which every peach should know how to do.

Seriously, once she does that, Zelda's ****ed. I can reliably trash peaches in the odd tournament where I'm allowed to play on corneria or even distant planet (it's ohio.... occasionally we have funky stage legality), but otherwise peach is just a pain and the fact that we can kill her at ridiculously low damage is the only thing that stops this matchup from being worse. As it is, I feel it's probably somewhere close to 65:35 if the peach knows what they are doing.

Side note:
if you ever feel like floating above zelda.... don't. You'll die

AWESOME PICTURE TIME!

Top Bottom