• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up discussion: Olimar

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Geez guys, if you want to discuss, then just ****ing discuss :p. Here, made a thread for you, enjoy!

But first, tha rules (copyright of Rickerdy-doo-da-day):

As the number of characters left to discuss in the Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion thread begins to dwindle, I've have decided to start up topics for rediscussing characters who I feel may need to be covered again. This is primarily due to potential changes in the match up, new discoveries, new tactics and how they may have affected the match up. Also, for some characters, because they were discussed a long time ago, they may be out of date

Now because I can't trust some of you on this board, I'm going to copy/paste these rules on all of these rediscussion threads:

-SUPPORT YOUR CLAIMS WITH EXAMPLES/EVIDENCE/THOUGHT/VIDEO. Do not say "Snake beats Peach" or "Peach owns Wolf" or something out of the blue without explaining why, you are just wasting thread space. Keep intelligent discussion.

-We are here to learn, not fight. We're all trying to become better Peach players, so please don't get into over heated discussions - learn and be reasonable.

-This thread serves two purposes. A) To determine how the matchup goes for Peach. B) To determine how to handle the matchup. So not only post why you think it goes (see guideline below), but post strategies and what you do that works.

-Feel free to add really good tactics you discover of a character already discussed. New tactics are helpful and don't think just because its already been discussed not to add anything, or we will never get better information on the matchup as the meta game progresses!

- PLEASE let me know if you want me to highlight anything from the thread discussion into that respective character's "summary" on this page. I'm not always sure whats the best advice and whats not so help point it out to me for me to highlight

- Attempting to ridicule someone to prove your point will not be tolerated. It disgusts me when people try to do this. If someone struggles with something and you don't or if someone thinks the match up is such and such because of this and you think 'well you can do this and this, why are they saying that?' for the love of god, explain to them your viewpoint. Insults such as 'well your air game must suck if you find this hard' are pathetic, childish and I will mostly likely disregard whatever else you have to say

I wish I didn't have to feel the need to do this as it clusters up the OP of each of these topics and someones going to have a cry about me putting this but sadly, I can't trust some of you. I don't care about personal feuds or the like. Keep the discussion match up related ok?

Olimar

Show me tha real captain!

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Oh really? I just sometimes visited this board (why? dunno, don't even like Falcon) and no one made the initiative of making a thread so I thought I'd be helpful and.. I failed ;_;

BUT MEEEHHH... I've made a thread so just discuss please, it's good for some activity. Ok?

:053:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Lord's right. Wedon't make export threads.

But we should, cuz the general discussion is a ****ing mess.

Good initiative.

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
i think i played ur peach once or twice on the ladder a long time ago yayy, =]

lordhelmet

Smash Master
No Teluoborg, Darky will make exports eventually (I think). And he has to be able to edit them, so we don't want a random export floating around.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
If that's the case, well, sorry then, ignore this thread. But why is it so wrong to create export threads (and to delay making them)?

i think i played ur peach once or twice on the ladder a long time ago yayy, =]
Really? That's possible, I used to frequently play ladder before my Wii died. ;p

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
lol. Butthurt falcon board.

Good stuff though, this was needed.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
No Teluoborg, Darky will make exports eventually (I think). And he has to be able to edit them, so we don't want a random export floating around.
Lol@you still believing that it will happen.
Nothing against Darky but he's too busy.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
The chances of Yaaay not coming back to the Falcon Boards (and in turn, not editing this) is greater than the chance that Darky will never get anything finished.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Lol, I can make write-ups till Darky takes it over or someone else simply does it. It's not really my business, but if you want to see disorganisation, take a look at your match-up thread.

But anyway, if you guys don't want it, never mind it then, I don't care that much.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
It's not disorganization, it's spam.

Darky (or someone that regularly keeps in contact with him) needs to handle the exports. So unless someone else is willing to take over the MU stuff, everything is staying how it is.

Geddan

Smash Ace
i don't know how many olis actually know this matchup.... i'm trying to think of it right now and i just realized that i haven't had any serious CF mu experience.

pretty sure grab spam and c-stik spam is pretty bad for falcon. i don't really know though..

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Yeah, Oli owns the ground in this MU.
Spacing is crucial and aerials are key to success :D
However, Oli is pretty screwed when offstage

I had an Oli super-armor my Falcon punch once
it sucked :mad088:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
i don't know how many olis actually know this matchup.... i'm trying to think of it right now and i just realized that i haven't had any serious CF mu experience.

pretty sure grab spam and c-stik spam is pretty bad for falcon. i don't really know though..

Looks like i've gotta switch up my grab against Olimars X___X
Normally keeping olimar in the air and staying below him is the best idea; You gotta hate that Red Pikmin Fair:mad:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I've played this matchup several times (in both singles and doubles), but never against any outstanding Falcon mains so my matchup experience isn't exactly great.

It does seem like an easy matchup. Grab, Usmash, Fsmash and Uair beat out most of what Falcon can do. Once a grab is landed at a low percent, we can combo him quite easily. Falcon seems harder to kill off the top for some reason, but it doesn't seem that hard to land a Fsmash on him and gimp him. Unlike certain matchups (Lucario, for example), both of the "lesser" pikmin (reds and yellows) have a use. We can also gimp him as hard as he gimps us by tethering low or just get a bit of free damage if he lands onstage.

Umm... The most common moves I get hit by are Nair and Jab, if that helps. If you can bait a whistle offstage and get a surprise kill with Falcon Hump, you can probably bait out an airdodge the next time and Uair/Nair for the kill. Just watch for the whistle bounce or sudden aggression in the form of a Dair/Nair/Fair (more likely than the whistle bounce).

My sincerest apologies, I really don't know anything to help you guys beyond what I've listed. ^^;

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, we weren't going to make export threads until the general 'basic' discussion for the characters {meaning the recommended playstyle, gimmicks, pros and cons and ratio} were all complete. Then we were going to focus on individual characters via threads so people could look more in depth with the characters.

Nice to see you're trying to help though, Yaaay.
Get the people motivated.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we weren't going to make export threads until the general 'basic' discussion for the characters {meaning the recommended playstyle, gimmicks, pros and cons and ratio} were all complete. Then we were going to focus on individual characters via threads so people could look more in depth with the characters.

Nice to see you're trying to help though, Yaaay.
Get the people motivated.
Not trying to step on anyones toes at all but, we should be done by now with the general 'Basic' discussion along time ago. Alot of the other boards have been done for awhile now. The game has been release 2 years ago March 9. I do think it's time to move on, that's my two cents not trying to offenced anyone.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Our discussion just started at the end of last year. We didn't have anyone willing to discuss Falcon's metagame until just recently, so we've just started on it now. It's a boring job considering I've already had to do this for more characters than one, but the Falcon Boards actually need something written down.

The threads before it died without even getting through 2-3 characters. We're actually making some progress, although it's at a slow rate, we're coming up with more in-depth discussions to make up for the loss of time. {Well, about as in-depth as you can make a match-up with Falcon anyway.}

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
It's true that we make some progress, but by seeing how fast the general discussion is going I can foresee when it will be over.
And the problem is that when that time comes nobody will be able to contribute because we'll all be too busy raising our children that would all be named Douglas btw.

:/

Top Bottom