• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Up Discussion 2010 (Zelda vs Meta Knight)

HylianMageAuree

Smash Cadet
Man, ftilt is a *****. MK on the ground isn't that bad (.....relative to the rest of the matchup), but ftilt is annoying as hell.
Agreed. I think we can Dtilt OoS on the ending lag of the last hit, but... I'm not sure if we can actually do anything if he just spaces the first 2 hits and keeps poking our shield... correct me if I'm wrong.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
generic MKs are silly..
I think most of you guys know this but ill post it anyway

*they will try to dair camp u
*they will SL you everytime you're near the ledge in the air
*they will glide attack and then dsmash
*dsmash to dsmash
*dthrow to tornado
*spam fairs mindlessly

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Agreed. I think we can Dtilt OoS on the ending lag of the last hit, but... I'm not sure if we can actually do anything if he just spaces the first 2 hits and keeps poking our shield... correct me if I'm wrong.
Never thought of punishing it because I've never had the opportunity. Ftilt is just such a good move.

HylianMageAuree

Smash Cadet
Never thought of punishing it because I've never had the opportunity. Ftilt is just such a good move.
It does work on the last hit, so unless the MK always cancels the 3rd hit, we can get 'em if we're fast. I mean, the 3rd hit on his Ftilt has a massive cooldown of well-over 25 frames. So all we need is a decent reaction time (we have about 15 frames) and a Dtilt OoS (which takes about 5 frames to hit). I think Dsmash won't work here since the shield pushback from MK's 3rd Ftilt hit pushes us too far away from him, but Dtilt can make it work. Even Ftilt MIGHT work, but it might be risky since it has quite a lot of start-up lag, and if he shields it, we're screwed.

Edit: Surprisingly, a Dash Attack OoS works if the 3rd Ftilt hit is perfectly spaced. Any other misspaced Ftilts hits are punishable with Dtilt OoS. ; D

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
DM if you can, could you reshape the OP at some point and quote dump all the important quotes people have made - take every necessary viewpoint into account blah blah etc etc, just try and make the OP as informed as possible. If you want any help in formatting let me know.

I like the sheik classification for matchups:

big disadvantage / disadvantage / even / advantage / major advantage

entirely stolen from the sheik boards.

I'm going to be using this for the sticky btw, if anyone has any objections let me know in the sticky and not here as to not derail the discussion.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
When Zelda fights Meta Knight

my best choices to do is make him come to you or just spam with smash attacks effectively because of his lightweight most of zelda's attack tend to push him farther away. Also, i like to do a run, block his cheapshot attack and then just wail him with a . . . um, I'd go with a D-smash best.

That's just some scenarios that happened to me. How is that?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Except you can't force MK to come to you. =P

I will say that at not-highest level (which is the level most Zeldas play at), MK is..... not hard at all imo. But once he learns the MU and how to play like a d***eating *******, prepare to be extremely frustrated once he gets any sort of lead (& that's almost guaranteed to happen).

Zelda cannot beat his planking.
Zelda cannot beat his aircamp.
He has a fair amount of moves that're safe for him to throw out and bait with while we have...... pretty much none.

It's another one of those matchups where you really need to stay ahead by whatever means necessary, which most of the time relies on the other player making a mistake at the beginning of the match -- be it starting off too aggressive, trying something risky, making a technical mistake, or whatever.

Oh, there's always tripping too. =D

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
there's been so much said already.

I honestly don't believe this matchups is any WORSE than 80:20 for us. And I'm not even sure it's THAT bad. but, it's obviously a heavy disadvantage even if it's not those extreme of numbers.

I've found this matchup easier than snake merely because I think it's easier to keep an advanatge here, and MK is an easier kill.

Top Bottom