• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 7: Return of Zorro. Framingham, MA. February 9th

IronChief

Smash Journeyman
I ended up getting a ride to the tournament but, i was wondering if anyone could give housing saturday night since the weather going to suck the day of the tourny?

It will just be Pnut and I

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
probably not since modded wiis can't play original copies
False.

erm, about the online laggy issue... you guys are connecting with uhh.. wireless right? I know there's this think on uhh... nyko.com or somethin, it's 3rd party, but it goes USB to ethernet, so.. that could do something? :\ idk...
I used wireless, but my roommate's gonna buy the cord soon, so hopefully this will make for less lag.

The slight lag that would be caused is actually extremely managable. If there are any pro techniques that will be developed for this game they will most certainly be less prone to be effected by lag as they were in melee. For instance its extremely easy to avoid getting shield grabbed. And even with laggy moves with enough skill you have a window to recover to avoid being punished for them. I played all last night and my only huge problem with the game is that you cant dash dance which makes everything much more predictable and is very hard to trick people into getting grabbed and such.
Pro techniques being less affected by lag = illogical. Have you played a wifi match? Also, dash dancing wasn't necessary in SSBM (like wavedashing), therefore it's not really necessary in Brawl.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
huh, I remember reading somewhere that wiikey-installed wiis were having issues reading official dual layer games (brawl being the first). must've been a troll

unknownforce

Smash Lord
#1 Dan MMing people is like Dan breathing. It's gotta happen.
#2 Brawl is using friend codes. And IGN posted videos of them playing people 500 miles away and it didn't lag at all.
um WUT?

what this kid said, about both things.

and there better be pools.

and Elen you should make a poll on this for whether or not I should shave before I come.
Lol, I know Cog, I was only kidding. I'm assuming I was unclear about #3. What I meant by, "Successful" was what Korea did for Starcraft. Heh, better yet, we need to find a way to make a video game as popular as poker. Even though games like Halo and Starcraft have done incredibly and revolutionized the perception of gaming, it still pales in comparison to the millions of dollars that can be won in a single event at the hold em world series. Now if only we could find a bunch of rich folks willing to spend 10,000 dollars to enter a tournament... Haha, that would be so amazing.

I've randomly shown up to a few tournaments over the last two years Taylor, and you certainly right that we have very rotten luck at playing during the same time period. HU holdem sounds good to me if we can both make it, even if it's just for fun.

Pat, do you already own brawl? If so, maybe I could visit you sometime to play? I won't be getting a copy for a long time since I never preordered, and I think you live relatively close by. It would sure be fun to have a chance to play against you and your bro, and I could possibly bring Yoyo, Yaxo, and Zoso.

Speaking of poker, I might not be able to make this event, because some buddies invited me to Foxwoods for a poker event taking place there. A tough decision!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
The tournament is on my birthday, this Saturday, Feb. 9th. :D

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm just excited about turning 18 so i can buy pr0nzorz and cigarettes for 5 year olds at a really high price. It'll be fun.

I wish Eric/Shminkledorf could go too (we have the same bday).

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna play a few rounds tomorrow (thurs) in prep for the tourney? I live about 2 min from the venue and play mostly fox and m2.

Banks

Smash Hero
i'm going to this tourney with no prep on purpose to give people a chance. ur all going down. down down baby in a rnage rover boom boom ready to let it go shimmy shimmy cocoa puff.

IronChief

Smash Journeyman
I'm just excited about turning 18 so i can buy pr0nzorz and cigarettes for 5 year olds at a really high price. It'll be fun.

I wish Eric/Shminkledorf could go too (we have the same bday).
Smoking is bad for your health atleast that what the doctor told me before they said i had enough tar in my lungs to repave 95 ;)

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I know Cog, I was only kidding. I'm assuming I was unclear about #3. What I meant by, "Successful" was what Korea did for Starcraft. Heh, better yet, we need to find a way to make a video game as popular as poker. Even though games like Halo and Starcraft have done incredibly and revolutionized the perception of gaming, it still pales in comparison to the millions of dollars that can be won in a single event at the hold em world series. Now if only we could find a bunch of rich folks willing to spend 10,000 dollars to enter a tournament... Haha, that would be so amazing.

I've randomly shown up to a few tournaments over the last two years Taylor, and you certainly right that we have very rotten luck at playing during the same time period. HU holdem sounds good to me if we can both make it, even if it's just for fun.

Pat, do you already own brawl? If so, maybe I could visit you sometime to play? I won't be getting a copy for a long time since I never preordered, and I think you live relatively close by. It would sure be fun to have a chance to play against you and your bro, and I could possibly bring Yoyo, Yaxo, and Zoso.

Speaking of poker, I might not be able to make this event, because some buddies invited me to Foxwoods for a poker event taking place there. A tough decision!
Naw, I won't be there, was just wondering what kinda poker (ring/tourney/HU) you're into. :) Poker > Smash (but Smash is still fun). You should hit me up on AIM sometime if you still have my sn (think I lost yours but I remember it started with Xeno). That way, I don't have to check SWF (which I mostly just come on to read Brawl stuff). =P

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
how am i supposed to get revenge on you jinx if you don't go =(
Revenge from what? Last time I remember us playing was either @ Dan's tourney (where you whooped my azz) or that other Game Universe tourney (where you whooped my azz in friendlies). Plus, I'm garbs now @ Smash..

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Ooops, I meant to say "buy cigarettes for 5 year olds and sell them for a really high price. " That way they can learn early that it'll **** their wallet, and I'll be the one making ???'s and profit.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Naw, I won't be there, was just wondering what kinda poker (ring/tourney/HU) you're into. :) Poker > Smash (but Smash is still fun). You should hit me up on AIM sometime if you still have my sn (think I lost yours but I remember it started with Xeno). That way, I don't have to check SWF (which I mostly just come on to read Brawl stuff). =P
Yeah, my IM list sometimes goes haywire and I lose everybodies SN's. Don't think I ever got yours back after it happened about eight months ago, but my SN is Xeno171. Yours was something like jinxdajuvy?

Your approach is a wise one! I randomly come to smash events just to have a good time and not worry about whom I beat or lose to.

I play poker online a decent amount, but I've been afraid to play for big money since I found out about the poker hacker who won an online event. I figure that no hacker would bother with small stakes, and I can rack up a pretty decent profit there on pokerstars.

We could always play online sometime for fake money or something.

Skler

Smash Master
I might be able to house you Iron Chief, but I'm not sure yet. I'll PM you in the next few days or make a big important post on this thread about it.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
HEY EVERYONE KEN Y IS GOING TO GAMEUNIVERSE RITE NOW 2 PLAY BRAWL LOL

lol cheif blazes .... kidding

Brox

Smash Rookie
Hey, does anyone know what stop on the commuter rail someone would need to take to get to Game Universe? I am currently trying to get a group of BU smashers to come to the tourney and frankly I still dont know the boston area all that well. Any help would be appreciated seeing how this would mostly be mine (and others) first tourney.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
lol cheif blazes .... kidding
heh.

Hey, does anyone know what stop on the commuter rail someone would need to take to get to Game Universe? I am currently trying to get a group of BU smashers to come to the tourney and frankly I still dont know the boston area all that well. Any help would be appreciated seeing how this would mostly be mine (and others) first tourney.
You would need to go to South Station and take the Worcester commuter rail and get off at Framingham. Talk to MattdotZeb or Elen about getting picked up at the station when you arrive. People might already be doing this. Hope you make it!

Brox

Smash Rookie
You would need to go to South Station and take the Worcester commuter rail and get off at Framingham. Talk to MattdotZeb or Elen about getting picked up at the station when you arrive. People might already be doing this. Hope you make it!

Awesome! Thanks alot for you help, gonna try to drag some people out there.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Pro techniques being less affected by lag = illogical. Have you played a wifi match? Also, dash dancing wasn't necessary in SSBM (like wavedashing), therefore it's not really necessary in Brawl.
Notice how I said less effected. Playing SSBM on a wifi would be much harder than it is for Brawl. Dash dancing and wavedashing not necessary is SSBM? Thats easy to say for a falco main. Not being able to waveshine against good shieks, peaches, cfs, etc, is a pretty sizable disadvantage. Not being able to go one way and change direction whenever you want to with the ease that was avialable in SSBM is a huge problem for Brawl IMO. I basically lived off landing grabs with that and coming back with upsmashes. Its like my thing.

P.S.
I love Poker. I never walked away with less than 300 dollars more than I started with at foxwoods. The first time I went I won close to a grand. If you never have been id recommend it, I have never played against worse people than the bunch of 40+ year old men and woman that are playing "just for fun". I used to play all the time online but having a job really killed that for me. We should have a smash poker tourney.

Unknown,
I dont have a copy but my friend does and people come over and play all the time. The turtles came over a couple days ago to play with us. Anyone is welcome when we play. Im pretty **** with lucas :bee:.

Roman.

Smash Champion
Is this a joke? You quoted the date in your post. Do you not own a calendar? You posted from a computer and those have calendars on them. It better have been a joke.
I'm pretty sure he was joking but it says 2007. I'm guessing he's just hinting for someone to change the date to 2008.

f8lmatt

Smash Apprentice

JYNXXXXXXXXXXX what up dude?????????????????/

Top Bottom