• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 7: Return of Zorro. Framingham, MA. February 9th

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
my collective new england plane ticket wants a spot in darc's bed.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I hope your trolling otherwise I'll be berry berry sad.
Im sorry its true it will never be the competitive game like Melee. It is 100 times easier to be as good as someone else in this game as it was in melee. It was extremely disappointing to me but you know what, the game is actually pretty awesome otherwise. The graphics are cool, the stages are sweet, more characters, and there is definitely an element of skill that translates from melee. Its still very fun.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
So when are the rest of you noobs gonna finally get Brawl? =P Also, what are the chances of Game Universe holding a Brawl tourney at this event?
Jinx lives on! Hey Taylor, it's been a while heh. I've asked that question twice now, but no response.

I'm all for a brawl tournament. Poker or chess too! Any takers?

Dan, why are you challenging Taylor to money matches? You guys were good buddies back in the day.

As far as brawl goes, I do feel it is fair to say that it's online capabilities will truly determine if the game will be taken seriously. If nintendo designs it with the crappy friends options they have for the DS, I don't see the game having a chance of popularity in korea. Although there is the chance some skilled programmer develops an online server type program for players much in the same way kali was designed to draw attention for warcraft 2, leading to battle.net as a result. We all know that korean attention really determines the success of a game in the long run, so a strong online server will be a must if brawl is to prosper.

Elen

Smash Lord
Extension cords+Power Strips=<3 Spawn.

I'm starting to actually get excited :O

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
I've got a question, is Game Universe getting SSBB on March 9th?

I was wondering, because if that's the case you guys should set up a tournament on March 8th with the midnight release of it.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
BTW, most likely be bringing a copy of smash + GC, i'll try to grab a power strip also @_@ wait, you need power strips right? or extension wires? **** idk.. i'll just go kill myself then, cya

I will also be bringing one of these bad boys for my exercises inbetween matches
http://www.easycurves.com/

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yes sir, Elanor. Anybody wanna team with me? Preferably someone who I haven't teamed with yet.

Edit: Happy birthday to me and Shminkledorf Feb 9th.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
KevinM i accept our pro face off

Dan, why are you challenging Taylor to money matches? You guys were good buddies back in the day.
?
im confused ... im MM'ing all my good buddies .... does this mean im losing all my friends

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
hey darc i wanna MM anything but ur bowser ...

all my bro do is play bowser and its boring ....

can we do game and watch dittos?

nuro

Smash Lord
Haha, I love all of the prebrawl johns.

$10 bucks says SSBB will have 3x more tournaments than SSBM and you guys just don't know how to be competitive at it yet.

On a side note... I hope there is enough room at GU because from the looks of it this will be the biggest one yet.

Banks

Smash Hero
make sure there are a fair amount of knowledgable people seeding pools. i don't say this for myself because i've always been happy with it, but last time people got mad.

p.s. i dont rlly care im just posting LOL

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Jinx lives on! Hey Taylor, it's been a while heh. I've asked that question twice now, but no response.

As far as brawl goes, I do feel it is fair to say that it's online capabilities will truly determine if the game will be taken seriously. If nintendo designs it with the crappy friends options they have for the DS, I don't see the game having a chance of popularity in korea. Although there is the chance some skilled programmer develops an online server type program for players much in the same way kali was designed to draw attention for warcraft 2, leading to battle.net as a result. We all know that korean attention really determines the success of a game in the long run, so a strong online server will be a must if brawl is to prosper.
What's good Kyle? It's been a while indeed. When'd you start playin SSBM again? Seems you're always playin when I'm not.

What's this about poker btw? HU?

As far as Wifi on Brawl goes: it's laggy. Playable, but laggy (I played some kid from NJ earlier, which is pretty close)...

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

#1 Dan MMing people is like Dan breathing. It's gotta happen.
#2 Brawl is using friend codes. And IGN posted videos of them playing people 500 miles away and it didn't lag at all.
We all know that korean attention really determines the success of a game in the long run.
um WUT?

Haha, I love all of the prebrawl johns.

$10 bucks says SSBB will have 3x more tournaments than SSBM and you guys just don't know how to be competitive at it yet.

On a side note... I hope there is enough room at GU because from the looks of it this will be the biggest one yet.
what this kid said, about both things.

and there better be pools.

and Elen you should make a poll on this for whether or not I should shave before I come.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Elen can't make polls on topics that aren't his, CogSmooch.
He'll make the next one though. We rotate making threads. :D

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Unknown to tell you the truth the way the game is setup is actually pretty well for online play. The slight lag that would be caused is actually extremely managable. If there are any pro techniques that will be developed for this game they will most certainly be less prone to be effected by lag as they were in melee. For instance its extremely easy to avoid getting shield grabbed. And even with laggy moves with enough skill you have a window to recover to avoid being punished for them. I played all last night and my only huge problem with the game is that you cant dash dance which makes everything much more predictable and is very hard to trick people into getting grabbed and such. Also the fact that if you dash too hard you fall over is pretty annoying. This is only my opinion but team games on this are 100 times more fun because in single player you could play very defensive with certain characters due to the lack of advanced techniques and be highly rewarded for it. Some slower characters have no chance against such tactics. But teams is already for me close to the level of melee because it eliminates this. Also alot of characters are very complimentary. Some have tons of knockout moves but trouble racking damage while others can get damage extremely easy but cant get the KO. Thats why I think that the team aspect of this game is unlike any before and there can be an extremely wide variety of combinations that can become successful. Also ROB the robot is horrible. He is the new pichu someone could definitely come up with something but I am not that person haha.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Um, yeah someone better seed pools better

my last pool was

Me, Darc, and Pine =(

I can't play Pine.. we'll just end up roy dittoing or something awesome like that

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Uhm Patrick Professional I've seen lots of dash dancing in brawl vids.
You have to double tap to do it and sometimes you fall down. Its extremely limited. It would have been better if they kept the movement mechanics at least similar

On another note I elect myself to seed the pools because I am 100% impartial and everyone knows that I play everyone at every tourney. Plus I am OCD about following tourney results. Seeding of pools only really matters to people that are on the cusp of making it or not making it. Obviously the seeds are Me, Cogsmooch, everyone else, then elen.

P.S.
Ill do a $10 brawl moneymatch with anyone that wants to. Im going to try and bring my own copy to that end.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
You have to double tap to do it and sometimes you fall down. Its extremely limited. It would have been better if they kept the movement mechanics at least similar
you mean you have to double tap in each direction? I've seen vids where people DD just like in melee... hm.

On another note I elect myself to seed the pools because I am 100% impartial and everyone knows that I play everyone at every tourney. Plus I am OCD about following tourney results. Seeding of pools only really matters to people that are on the cusp of making it or not making it. Obviously the seeds are Me, Cogsmooch, everyone else, then elen.
Those seeds look perfect to me. :chuckle:

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
you mean you have to double tap in each direction? I've seen vids where people DD just like in melee... hm.

Those seeds look perfect to me. :chuckle:
I would love to see those vids because I played with all the turtles, jholla, and tons of other people and they have been unable to do it in a normal fashion.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
You can DD. You just have to do it really fast. Doesn't really help with spacing, so it's not my kind of DD.
And ICies are dumb Cog. >_>no mm for you

ThreeX

Smash Lord
erm, about the online laggy issue... you guys are connecting with uhh.. wireless right? I know there's this think on uhh... nyko.com or somethin, it's 3rd party, but it goes USB to ethernet, so.. that could do something? :\ idk...

Top Bottom