• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 12 Results

Eggm

Smash Hero
Brawl took like 9 hours, with a decent amount of setups and good tournament running. Its an awful game, shouldn't be at the next one IMO.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
4real eggm the tourny was ran horrible

and mainly becuz all the kidz going for brawl we're newbs for the most part and all the kids 4 melee have been to previous tournies and hence the tourny was ran more smooth like

no brawl next tourny

crew battle in place of brawl since it did take 9 hours to run that GOD **** TOURNAMENT

Ken_Y> Thorn :) jk

Almo

Smash Ace
and mainly becuz all the kidz going for brawl we're newbs for the most part and all the kids 4 melee have been to previous tournies and hence the tourny was ran more smooth like

no brawl next tourny

crew battle in place of brawl since it did take 9 hours to run that GOD **** TOURNAMENT
The ratio of entrants of melee to setups was far easier to manage than entrants of brawl to setups.

No.

Lack of setups.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Brawl could have been run better, that's for sure.

Cog, their are organizational and set up issues with how we did three tourneys in a day. IMO we'd need more set ups to pull it off. Personally, I am not a fan of people not getting a chance to get food. That is really unfair to players.

Most people were able to get food, but people like Dazwa ended up having to leave deep in the Brawl tourney. It's completely understandable that he left, I mean seriously. It had to have been like 8 or so when he did go and he hadn't eaten, far as I know, since getting there. That's not really fair to the players. Because you'll have people wanting stuff to keep moving at a brisk pace while at the same time Human Beings need food. Specially when they're playing for money.

If we continue trying to do three tourneys it's gunna be tough. More Set Ups would be needed as both games make a big draw and the minute you start trying to split up set ups you're costing yourself alot of time over all.(Spife everytime you read more set ups are needed I want you to just read "Spife is the man.")

I also agree with the statement that no friendly TV's isn't a good thing at a tourney. Alot of people rarely get to play quality players and improve. You can't really afford to get inventive in tourney matches sometimes. It's nice to be able to get as much play time and as much expierence for your money's worth.

Like I said earlier. How **** is gunna run is going to be worked out. If it were up to me we'd be doing 4 Day Mass Madness's with all three Smash Games Crews and Low Tiers for everything. But that isn't really gunna happen any time soon... sadly.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Spife IS the man for all his setups.

If we could do MMs for over a day it'd be beast.
I know the idea for 2 day MMs have been proposed to Jamie but that was around mm6 so perhaps his standing has changed.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I fail at finding threads on time >.>

So yeah, shoutouts when my college apps aren't killing me.

But Spife, next time I will defeat you. Just thought I'd let you know.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
Lol that was me Wigz.

And here are the shoutouts you were all waiting for!!!

To everyone I played: GGs, too bad i ****

To everyone i didnt: wtfuberplothax

Friendlys was fun and so was the resteraunt...I never new mic128 was a girl

btw i was kidding bout that paying **** to change avi

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wigz, it cant be wigz

You had the Dollar MM with me? I could have sworn it was a different person. I know I played you in a tournament match, but not in the Money match.........that was really you?

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
4real eggm the tourny was ran horrible

no brawl next tourny

Ken_Y> Thorn :) jk
There were six TV's for Brawl and it had nothing to do with the kids who played the game at all.I'm pretty sure everyone there could handle listening for their name then playing a match no? It was run poorly and people left to go to friendly's which held it up longer and no one was calling matches for a long period of time basically until Ace stepped in to help. Brawl is good business and peoples' opinions of the game should have no baring on whether or not it stays.

JFox

Smash Hero
Ironchief- GGs. I was learning how to fight IC's as I played out our set. Next time I want that win. :)

Mattdotzeb- I probably insulted u, and I'm sorry. I felt like I was off that day, and playing pretty dumb. You also play a style very different than what I'm used to (you pretty much attack at all times, even at times where I would expect you to shield/roll) which caught me off gaurd. Anyway, GGs.

Thorn- You're really smart. You should probably switch to a less technical character if you wanna walk around attacking so much, cuz you never used and lasers, lol. You should play more fox.

The tournament would have been infinitely better without brawl. If theres brawl next time, its just not worth 4.5 hours of driving.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Wigz I hate you for beating me first round. I love you for playing Sonic.

I think Sonic totally out weighs my hatred of losing. I lose all the time anyway. Next time we gotta do friendlies so I can see your sonic in action. Hopefully it's half as good as your Snake.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Brawl could have been run better, that's for sure.

Cog, their are organizational and set up issues with how we did three tourneys in a day. IMO we'd need more set ups to pull it off. Personally, I am not a fan of people not getting a chance to get food. That is really unfair to players.

Most people were able to get food, but people like Dazwa ended up having to leave deep in the Brawl tourney. It's completely understandable that he left, I mean seriously. It had to have been like 8 or so when he did go and he hadn't eaten, far as I know, since getting there. That's not really fair to the players. Because you'll have people wanting stuff to keep moving at a brisk pace while at the same time Human Beings need food. Specially when they're playing for money.

If we continue trying to do three tourneys it's gunna be tough. More Set Ups would be needed as both games make a big draw and the minute you start trying to split up set ups you're costing yourself alot of time over all.(Spife everytime you read more set ups are needed I want you to just read "Spife is the man.")

I also agree with the statement that no friendly TV's isn't a good thing at a tourney. Alot of people rarely get to play quality players and improve. You can't really afford to get inventive in tourney matches sometimes. It's nice to be able to get as much play time and as much expierence for your money's worth.

Like I said earlier. How **** is gunna run is going to be worked out. If it were up to me we'd be doing 4 Day Mass Madness's with all three Smash Games Crews and Low Tiers for everything. But that isn't really gunna happen any time soon... sadly.
yeah pretty much everything would be better with more setups.

i have a question why do ppl keep saying that it should be melee only? didnt the brawl on have more entrants?
welcome to smashboards

slash v1.0

Smash Cadet
i think it should atleast be 2 seperate tournaments if ppl want a melee only then make there own and have one for brawl only.

slash v1.0

Smash Cadet
I kno ppl have suggested 2 days in one weekend why not 1 day 2 weekend. for example brawl the first weekend of the month melee the third weekend. make sense?

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah, i dont think i used sonic against you..but I will for sure use him in friendlys if we get to play.
but if you can bear to stand Wifi I dont mind playing you.

Spife

Smash Master
Slash if we could do that we'd probably be doing bi weeklies. THe problem is GU has good tournie days (read: weekends) booked up by, survey says....Tournaments. That was the big one, 79 points there. Better luck next time.

<3 @ MdrnDayMercutio (Ace right?) and MattDotZeb, I'm going to try and get a 4th tv but have been knocked down to 1 game cube coming from me (friends moving for college etc). Also, considering the number of gamecubes we knocked down I didn't think it was going to be a problem.
BUT, screens are important but I forget, are people bringing systems without screens? I know my screens got used and all but, I guess I'm asking is it important to bring enough systems (read: cube memory card, cables and melee) to match my screens? I figure for MM's the store has enough systems but other tournaments what's the deal? I've been bringing screens/set ups to match for every tourny I've been too...SIlly question considering I've only seen a few screens not used due to them not working >.>

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
KevinM Shoutouts Tyme:

Ok here we go this tournament besides the occasional slip-up was absolutely incredible so I'm going to give some legit shoutouts for once.

EggM: Unfortunately we didn't get to play which I've been wanting to do for a while, I guess we'll have to wait for Esticle or the next Mass Madness I'm very happy to see you're going to be frequenting them as well you're awesome and it's always a laugh talking to you. Just wish we could have played as well.

JFox: Hey we played like two or three friendlies that was cool, It was funny to show you how much I randomly know about smashers I haven't even played yet my B hope I didn't worry you to much I swear I'm not a stalker I just know smashers well. Good job eating my Falco bad job letting my Fox be gay :D we should play more.

Scar: You are the love of my life :p, seriously you're so amazing and seeing you around was awesome we definitely need to play more then just a trio of friendlies and I hope you make it to Long Live Hitstun because if you do lets just steal ourselves a TV and play some Super Smash Brothers for the Nintendo Gamecube.

Banks: I have to give a shoutout for our 10 minute embrace at the end I'm very sad it had to end when it did, that's just not fair. We need to play soon, I'm upset that the only time I get to play you is in teams, oh well your Sheik was fun to play in that environment, teach me Sheik Dittos.

Th0rn: Fun doubles set, I thought green greens was fun I don't know about the rest of you, I'm glad Scar agreed with my decision.

Dazwa: Ok so you know what maybe I do care about Brawl a little bit I've never said that I don't think it's a good game, or that it has its merits, I'm just a melee head through and through.. plus would you have done the same thing in my shoes if Jman was in trouble. I think you would.

Darc: I didn't like see you at all or play you at all... LLHS?

Wigz: Man eating dinner at friendlies with you was the funniest **** ever, I lost it, I've never laughed that hard in my life at stuff. "Yeah we've only got three stocks left" "Ahh so the cake batter ice cream got cut from the roster?" I don't know why she thought she was so funny.. oh yeah because she was Mic_128

Ken_Y: I don't know whether to take you seriously and laugh at you... or to just laugh at you because you're being humorous either way it's always a pleasure to see you, lets play some singles at LLHS if you go.

DJ Nintendo: Those Bowser Dittos were too good, your bowser was something else this tournament at least at the last Mass Madness I was doing well, this time I felt like my Bowser was stuck in molasses, we're going to have to play some more at LLHS I need to get back at you for that.

Alucard: Fun playing you at the end there I love how the only team that took down you and DJ's double bowser was me and Skler's Roy Mewtwo combination.. it's all good my F-smashes are just 2true. See you LLHS

Skler: Wow seriously everytime I see you I have the most fun ever we're just amazing LOL. Between total eclipse of the heart, fighting for JMan's rights, Beyblading, actually playing smash, friendlies.. was their a moment in this tournament when we weren't playing a match when we weren't hanging out?

Spyfe and Roman: I barely saw and or played you guys at MM but that's ok we always have LLHS and Esticle if I make it.

JMan: You are by far one of the funniest smashers I've ever met I need to make my way up to New York for team love all dai. You even got me riled up in Brawl, I didn't think that was possible. I hope to see you again soon and hopefully we can get some singles in as well, too good man.

Dave: Thanks for everything and being a good teams partner, I think we did well for our second time teaming and next time lets just not go to green greens and in return third round you won't choke... just keep getting 7 kills while I just run around and we'll do fine. Too good. Thanks for dropping off THreeX while I slept.

John: Kirby Air Ride Scientist, I know you won't read this just figured I should shout that out.

ThreeX: Always a pleasure :D GANON TRAIN TO HELL

Ross: Nice meeting you, you will definitely get them next time man. You're on your way.

Jordan: You should travel more you're mad funny and you fall asleep standing up.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Mattdotzeb- I probably insulted u, and I'm sorry. I felt like I was off that day, and playing pretty dumb. You also play a style very different than what I'm used to (you pretty much attack at all times, even at times where I would expect you to shield/roll) which caught me off gaurd. Anyway, GGs.
Don't worry about it. Everyone gets a little frustrated sometimes.
I had fun playing you. So that's pretty much all that matters.

Oh my god you're ****ing right.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
JJ's Shoutouts

JJ's Shoutouts (the wolf user)

Wigz: Hey, it was nice meeting you. It's too bad we never got to play each other at all. I look forward to playing ur snake one day.

Omegablackmage: Congrats on the win. Ur g&w is hax; I've never felt so powerless playing my metaknight(stupid character switch on my part). Btw, I would love to have a rematch with you. btw I'm from California but I'm currently attending Bentley College in Waltham.

KDJ: I never thought I'd ever get to play such a great player. I'd gladly lose money just to play you. Ur diddy is super fast, but I still can't believe u gimped me with a peanut. Hope to play again someday

Dazzy Wazzy: U've got a crazy zss. I had no idea the whip was that annoying. I take no shame in losing to such a smart player. Hope to play u again at the next tournament around Mass.

Darc: We didn't play in a tournament, but we were in the middle of a friendly when they kicked us off. Thanks for the DI advice. I had no idea I was doing it wrong this entire time.

To Everyone Else:

Thanks for providing such a friendly environment for my first tournament. I had a lot of fun and you will def. see me in future Massachusetts tournaments. If anyone want any wolf advice, PM me and i'll glady give you my input.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i believe someone shoukl definatly arrange the biweeklys instead of just monthlys. oi vay i need more tourneys.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I believe that was -Nana-

....maybe. Not me at least. Sorry. I totally would have given you DI advice though you beast of a wolf you.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
No one wants to travel to Western Ma and I don't really have any venues out here.

Otherwise I'd be hosting a monthly already, I swear.

Spife

Smash Master
Where in Western MA are you? to lazy to go check the noupdatemafinder >-<

Top Bottom