• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, of ALL the LoZ villains and bosses, Skull Kid doesn't make ANY sense to use.

He's too small to realistically size up to fit the boss role, and there's characters like Blight Ganons(even Calamity Ganon), The Imprisoned, Helmaroc, etc... that would fit the boss role perfectly for the supposed 'Spirits' mode.

Not to mention with his insane popularity and the iconic status of Majora's Mask, it'd be way too sensible to make him playable. Entices more LoZ players into buying the game rather than looking at the roster again and saying "It's still essentially Zelda, Link, and Ganondorf."
Calamity Gannon makes more sense to fit this type of role as a boss imo

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Calamity Gannon makes more sense to fit this type of role as a boss imo
Especially with Breath of the Wild being the newest and hottest LoZ game.

We've got pretty heavy representation for BotW already. I can see an assist from one of the Champions or Guardians as well.

So far everything just works for Skull Kid.

-Link redesigned to his BotW incarnation/BotW stage + Music to accompany it(Thus giving us BotW rep)
-Midna and the Moon as assists
-Young Link's FS is M.I.A.
-Sakurai clearly knows his popularity, as similar to Waluigi, they've been among the first deconfirms in the past(Skull Kid with Wii U/3DS and Waluigi with Ultimate)
-High demand for a new playable LoZ character
-Majora's Mask released on 3DS around the time we've got an idea of when the roster was potentially finalized
-Comes from one of the most recognizable and iconic games of the series to the point Majora's Mask is as recognizable as the Triforce

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Further confirmation that he absolutely isn't an AT anymore. He's got to have one of two roles at this point, and one of them definitely makes more sense.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Is it just me or is the blog worded very cautiously, like they were trying to avoid giving away anything. It was a very safe description and it didn't even refer to the Moon by name or even mention Skull Kid. In fact no history at all was given aside from "From "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask," "

Nah, too tin foil hat for my liking

Loving the assist trophy by the way. Even if it turn out to mean nothing, I love having the Moon here, it's honestly what Skull Kid should have done in the first place last game (which is actually a fear for why it's here, the reason it's here is to do what people wanted Skull Kid, and they just threw Skull Kid in the trash)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It is true that almost every other AT with a blog post uses the character's name. The only other one that doesn't is the Squid Sisters.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Just to be sure, in the blog post you mean the "Assist Trophy: name" right?
Right. Every other one besides the Moon and the Squid Sisters has mentioned the character's name again in the text under the title. I don't honestly think it means anything, but I thought it was interesting.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Right. Every other one besides the Moon and the Squid Sisters has mentioned the character's name again in the text under the title. I don't honestly think it means anything, but I thought it was interesting.
Ah alright cause like, I was having a moment and thought you meant it didn't say "Squid Sisters" and was incredibly confused. And I mean, what name would the moon even have?

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
I've been waiting for this, i always figured if they were to deconfirm him it would be with this blog post. we shall see,

cybersai

Smash Ace
I do think besides Incineroar, Skull Kid and Geno have the biggest chances of the remaining characters to be playable. Skull Kid because of all the signs something is up with him and he's going to have a role of some kind, and Geno because of the Mii outfit rights last time and Sakurai wanting him.

If we only do get 3 more newcomers, I think these are our last 3. I do want Dixie too in some way, but as long as she's in.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
I'm still iffy on if Geno would make it in. Square probably got a cut of the mii costume pie, but they would make no profit on Geno being a base character, they also wouldn't be able to use him for promotional purposes for one of their games. that being said I think he's going to be a DLC character that way SE could get a cut of the direct profit from Geno.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Either way SquEnix gets money for the inclusion of their characters.

It's not a simple "yeah we'll let you use him free of charge!", it is pricey to get these third parties into the game, and I'm sure SquEnix is the stingiest of them all when it comes to this.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm sticking to Sun Moon and Stars being our hypest and most possible trio of newcomers yet.
* fingers crossed *

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I do think besides Incineroar.
What waste of development time and resources if this happens. If they wanted to put a Gen 7 rep in the game, for arbitrary reasons since Pokémon is more than perfectly represented, why not the Grass-type one, since there is no fully-evolved Grass-type starter playable yet.

Then again Geno would be hype, and obviously so would Skull Kid. One trash newcomer isn't going to ruin the game. So far the newcomer roster is 10x times better than what we got in Smash 4.

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
I'm sticking to Sun Moon and Stars being our hypest and most possible trio of newcomers yet.
* fingers crossed *
Do you mean having them all revealed in one trailer? That would be extremely hype, though a slight bummer that they didn't get their own individual ones. Or did you just mean them getting revealed in general?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Do you mean having them all revealed in one trailer? That would be extremely hype, though a slight bummer that they didn't get their own individual ones. Or did you just mean them getting revealed in general?
oh no no, I meant it as just having them in the game. I'm thinking isaac will have something to do with the rathalos pict. Skull kid and geno maybe… but i think they all will have their own spotlight trailer. If anything, currently existing in smash characters will share scenes with them. Isaac with Marth link and shulk, Skull kid with maybe young link and who knows if someone else or just him, and Geno with probably Peach and yoshi or something.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The official facebook page sometimes gives slightly different descriptions than the official blog

Here's the moon
The menacing Moon from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask sets its gaze upon Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! This all-consuming Assist Trophy comes crashing from the sky when summoned, delivering a terrible fate to players in the center of the stage.

All this talk of Sun Moon and stars can only mean one thing.

The Moon is an assist trophy, must be the Golden Sun is an assist trophy (I'm assuming there's something in the series it takes its name from) and I guess Stars refer to Geno himself!!! Geno assist trophy confirmed :troll:

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
oh no no, I meant it as just having them in the game. I'm thinking isaac will have something to do with the rathalos pict. Skull kid and geno maybe… but i think they all will have their own spotlight trailer. If anything, currently existing in smash characters will share scenes with them. Isaac with Marth link and shulk, Skull kid with maybe young link and who knows if someone else or just him, and Geno with probably Peach and yoshi or something.
Ok, that makes sense. Though, this is an awful lot of Sun/Moon talk, and no mention of a Sun/moon pokemon? It could open up a direct, then have a trailer about Isaac, then end with Skull Kid. (Geno, on the other hand, will most likely be the last character revealed, separate from the others)

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
A Sun/Moon focused direct for Smash would be phenomenal.

Starts out with an Isaac reveal then over to a Skull Kid reveal.

Sakurai talks about them and their inclusion, stages, music, new stuff, etc...

At the very end: "We've been talking a lot about the Sun and Moon... So before we go..." *Incineroar Trailer*

Easily would be my favorite Smash direct.

All Hail Me

Sarge
I wonder how Skull Kid would fit into the story mode if he is in it. He doesnt seem like the type who would cooperate with the likes of Ganondorf and Bowser, but then again he could be similar to wario in SSE, who kind of just did things with his own intentions. In my opinion though, of the playable characters Ganondorf is hands down the most evil of the group. Also, will all three links be a part of the story, or just Adult Link like before?

I say this because wolf is a bad guy but wasn’t a part of SSE.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff weren't in SsE because they were added close to the end of development. That's also why Sonic's role was so small.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The story mode will probably have a Lost woods area where Skull Kid will cause mischief as usual.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Should people be scouring the official Smash websites or Nintendo sites for suspicious wording that might imply Skull Kid is playable?

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Given the levels of obsession and optimisim, I'm sure by this point any hints for any character would be out right now....

better go scour the Smash website for 3 hours just to make sure.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
What waste of development time and resources if this happens. If they wanted to put a Gen 7 rep in the game, for arbitrary reasons since Pokémon is more than perfectly represented, why not the Grass-type one, since there is no fully-evolved Grass-type starter playable yet.

Then again Geno would be hype, and obviously so would Skull Kid. One trash newcomer isn't going to ruin the game. So far the newcomer roster is 10x times better than what we got in Smash 4.
That would have to be the Pokemon company's decision. I can't see Sakurai choosing Incineroar over this...

He is so much better designed and he is a grass/ghost Pokemon.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Eeveelution pallete swaps ala Bowser Jr and the Koopalings would be my most hype Pokemon character. Different art on all particle effects, but same frames, same animations, same hitboxes and hurtboxes, etc. Also, there are exactly 8 Eeveelutions right now.

I know dis be teh SK thread, but had to say that. :i6rkW:

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
Voted! But I can't help feel salty that god damn Lloyd beat Bandana Dee, I can't help but feel this poll should be dismissed
Dismissed on what grounds? The host has gone through considerable lengths to ensure that all votes are genuine, and what fraud did occur backed Dee.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I would honestly take just about any other Kirby character besides Dee, but I also simultaneously hope they put him in just to reduce the ruckus.

Top Bottom