• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sleeps with Butterflies

Smash Apprentice
Literally what? If he's a boss, he's deconfirmed, that's it. How would you fight Skull Kid... AS Skull Kid? Even if you're fighting Majora's Wrath, fighting him as Skull Kid while wearing Majora's Mask just wouldn't make sense.
The exact same way your character fights themselves in classic mode
on N64.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Literally what? If he's a boss, he's deconfirmed, that's it. How would you fight Skull Kid... AS Skull Kid? Even if you're fighting Majora's Wrath, fighting him as Skull Kid while wearing Majora's Mask just wouldn't make sense.
It's a hundred percent possible that Skull Kid is a fight in story mode while still being a playable character. The same way you fight Bowser or giant Diddy in Subspace Emissary. It's not out of the realm of possibility that you battle Skull Kid in Spirits mode using his playable moveset.

I'm not saying it's likely, but it's not impossible.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Nothing to do with his chances; But if we can't get Clock Town in Base Game, I beg Sakurai to make it a DLC stage

Smash Apprentice
The exact same way your character fights themselves in classic mode
on N64.
Classic mode is not a Story Mode. Additionally, when you're fighting a character, they don't have unique moves like a Skull Kid boss that turns into Majora's Wrath would certainly have.

The same way you fight Bowser or giant Diddy in Subspace Emissary.
But are you fighting Bowser or Diddy AS Bowser or Diddy in Subspace?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
But are you fighting Bowser or Diddy AS Bowser or Diddy in Subspace?
I mean, I'm pretty sure Diddy is part of the fight with giant corrupted Diddy in SsE, but that's hardly the point. If Spirits is a story mode, you'd probably be fighting Skull Kid as Young Link.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
We don't even know what Spirits is or how bosses appear.

I think it'd be best to just play the waiting gaming. I can see Skull being an opponent, but I can't see anyone being a boss and playable (and I REALLY don't see Skull Kid as a boss, it would be one of the dumbest things Sakurai has ever done. He was never a boss)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
We don't even know what Spirits is or how bosses appear.

I think it'd be best to just play the waiting gaming. I can see Skull being an opponent, but I can't see anyone being a boss and playable (and I REALLY don't see Skull Kid as a boss, it would be one of the dumbest things Sakurai has ever done. He was never a boss)
Not a normal boss like Ridley or Rayquaza. Just a rival battle. I assume, for example, DK might fight King K. Rool in Spirits mode, or in Classic.

Smash Apprentice
I can see Skull being an opponent, but I can't see anyone being a boss and playable (and I REALLY don't see Skull Kid as a boss, it would be one of the dumbest things Sakurai has ever done. He was never a boss)
Exactly. I'm not saying he's a boss, I still think he won't be, but if he IS a boss, I really don't see how he could be playable, either in the base game or via DLC.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Not a normal boss like Ridley or Rayquaza. Just a rival battle. I assume, for example, DK might fight King K. Rool in Spirits mode, or in Classic.
Well I wouldn't really consider that a boss in the first place honestly.

The Event Mask

Smash Cadet
I been following this thread for a awhile and I would like to be added to the support list, Skull Kid has been a character I forgot I wanted because there were 2 other characters I wanted more than him. that being Ridley and King K Rool, now that those 2 are in the game Skull Kid is now my number one. I believe he'll either be in the base game, or perhaps DLC if the box theory is true. Mabey Sakurai wanted him and some others like Shadow but due to time constraints he'll have to add them later as DLC. I don't think he is a boss, the idea of Sakurai making a character as small as SK into a boss seems wrong. Every boss except Tabuu, which was an original character for Subspace, have been very large characters. The reason I believe some characters become bosses is because of their size. Sakurai probably thought they are too big to be regular assist trophies, considering most assist trophies are regular fighter sized and some of the bigger assist trophies are usually stationary, whether in the background or on the stage. Making SK a boss doesn't make much since, Sakurai would either make him a boss and not playable to spite Majora Mask fans, which seems unlikely, or make him a boss because for some reason he feels that's want fans want, which is also unlikely considering the fans response to Ridley in the last game. I'll admit that I was wrong if somehow he is a boss but I feel the chances of that happening are very, very low.

Spatman

Smash Ace
So, it might be a dead topic now, but I just wanted to prove to myself that you could totally just smoosh the characters a little on the box and it wouldn't look bad. An hour of time spent in photoshop to prove it though? Maybe time not well spent.
no, it's time well spent!
(not that I'm encouraging you into spend other time in a similar way in the future...)
of course the fact that the box pics could change was already discussed, but I think your work is very useful in order to help us to visualize how things could change to make room for other characters. Really nothing is written in the stone, yet

cybersai

Smash Ace
The thing is we know he's in the game in some form. So there's really only two options he can be. Sakurai didn't remove his Assist for no reason, and they would have shown him calling down the moon if he had nothing planned for him.

The boss aspect is ridiculous but it is possible. It's like Ridley in Smash U, nothing we can do about it if it happens but hope Sakurai changes his mind.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Exactly. I'm not saying he's a boss, I still think he won't be, but if he IS a boss, I really don't see how he could be playable, either in the base game or via DLC.
So your argument is literally "nope, cant happen." Wow, cool. Characters fight themselves all the time in this game. Fact. Arguing beyond that is pretending to know the Sakurai thought process. Or semantics.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So your argument is literally "nope, cant happen." Wow, cool. Characters fight themselves all the time in this game. Fact. Arguing beyond that is pretending to know the Sakurai thought process. Or semantics.
Most people seem to agree that Dracula & Rathalos won’t be playable after having been revealed as bosses, likewise with Ridley, Yellow Devil, Metal Face et al in 4, so if Skull Kid was specifically announced as a boss the consensus would likely be the same. There’s no need to be a **** to someone because they disagree with you.

Sleeps with Butterflies

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think Skull Kid will be a boss. From a Zelda Fan's perspective, it just doesn't make sense. You never ever not once fight Skull Kid in Majora's Mask. Ever.

If they were going to use Majora's herself, sure. I can see that. Use all three forms. But separate her from Skull Kid entirely, and make Skull Kid (with the mask) playable. Hell, even make a little intro scene where the mask drops Skully to the ground and transforms. But we need Skull Kid playable.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Most people seem to agree that Dracula & Rathalos won’t be playable after having been revealed as bosses, likewise with Ridley, Yellow Devil, Metal Face et al in 4, so if Skull Kid was specifically announced as a boss the consensus would likely be the same. There’s no need to be a **** to someone because they disagree with you.
If you have a different opinion, that's fine. But don't start your reply with "literally what?" if you want me to take you seriously. Cmon now. (Referring to 0007)

Also, your examples don't work. All of those examples take up half the screen, there's less reason to believe that they'd work as characters. Already talked about why size would work in skull kiddos favor IF he were to be playable and a boss type character in story mode or what have you. Not saying it'll definitely happen, I worded that carefully for a reason.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I really don't think Skull Kid will be a boss. From a Zelda Fan's perspective, it just doesn't make sense. You never ever not once fight Skull Kid in Majora's Mask. Ever.

If they were going to use Majora's herself, sure. I can see that. Use all three forms. But separate her from Skull Kid entirely, and make Skull Kid (with the mask) playable. Hell, even make a little intro scene where the mask drops Skully to the ground and transforms. But we need Skull Kid playable.
I agree, it wouldn't make sense to just show off Skull Kid for a couple of seconds just to push him out of the way for Majora to take over and then see him again without the mask after the boss fight. If Skull Kid's Assist Trophy is gone and he's still in the game, he has to be playable.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice

>Majora
>her

cybersai

Smash Ace
Maybe Skull Kid is just part of a new Clock Town stage? Would suck, but just like Pauline and Captain Toad are in the New Donk City stage, imagine us getting a new Clock Town Zelda stage...only for Skull Kid to float in the background and rain down stuff as a stage hazard.

LOL, I'm trying to figure out how Skull Kid's model can be in the game

Sleeps with Butterflies

Smash Apprentice
That awkward moment when you remember that Nintendo officially referred to Sheik as "her" in the Hyrule Warriors direct back in 2014.
Yes, because America is still weird about genders.

Zelda used her magic to create a male persona named Shiek. It's like calling a drag queen "he" - which is super ****ing disrespectful.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Her gender is never mentioned in-game. I've always seen her as female. That isn't going to change.
I agree with you on this one! There is exactly the same amount of canon evidence for Majora being male or female. Which is to say, none. Maybe just let people have their interpretations when there's zero evidence to counteract it.

Also, green text is cringey af.
This is unnecessary though. :p

bnderstandable

Smash Rookie
Hey, been a Smash fan since Melee but never bothered joining this place until I learned that Skull Kid was in the running. Praying for his inclusion

Smash Apprentice
While it's true that there's no official information on Majora's gender, Sheik is definitely a canon female. That's been confirmed by Nintendo.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
While it's true that there's no official information on Majora's gender, Sheik is definitely a canon female. That's been confirmed by Nintendo.
That depends on your point of view.

Zelda is female, so obviously Sheik is too. But Sheik is a persona in a way, and that persona is originally a guy. It was designed to make people think that Sheik is male originally.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hey Marauders! Reporting from the front lines.

So I thought about something...if there are only 2 characters left to show, how are we going to get to 800 music tracks?

Now that the respected franchise all share music for their stages (Great Bay can play music from Skyloft) Something doesn't add up...

I will keep fighting my Marauder friends! (Trying to peacefully bring down the box lol)

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Hey Marauders! Reporting from the front lines.

So I thought about something...if there are only 2 characters left to show, how are we going to get to 800 music tracks?

Now that the respected franchise all share music for their stages (Great Bay can play music from Skyloft) Something doesn't add up...

I will keep fighting my Marauder friends! (Trying to peacefully bring down the box lol)
I thought the box theory was dead? I thought I killed it

Confirmation

Smash Ace
That depends on your point of view.

Zelda is female, so obviously Sheik is too. But Sheik is a persona in a way, and that persona is originally a guy. It was designed to make people think that Sheik is male originally.
Bàck in the day of N64 graphics, where faces were kinda impossible to use to determine if some NPCs were male or female, I relied on a simple, if a bit crass test to confirm if someone was male or female when it wasn't exceedingly obvious: flat chest = male, not flat = female.

Sheik's chest isn't flat, so I assumed Sheik was a she. I have no idea where this original persona stuff is coming from; I can't remember a single mention of Sheik that gave particulars on male or female prior to the big reveal. I remember there being some thing about Sheik sounding the same as the Gerudo women being used as proof Sheik was a she, but I dunno if I'm mis-remembering things.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Bàck in the day of N64 graphics, where faces were kinda impossible to use to determine if some NPCs were male or female, I relied on a simple, if a bit crass test to confirm if someone was male or female when it wasn't exceedingly obvious: flat chest = male, not flat = female.

Sheik's chest isn't flat, so I assumed Sheik was a she. I have no idea when this original persona stuff is coming from; I can't remember a single mention of Sheik that gave particulars on male or female prior to the big reveal. I remember there being some thing about Sheik sounding the same as the Gerudo women being used as proof Sheik was a she, but I dunno if imisrembering things.
Sheik was referred to as a male by Navi and Ruto, and originally had a very flat chest.

As I kid, I thought the differences between Sheik and Zelda were so extreme, that I thought that I thought Zelda was physically changing her gender.

D

Deleted member

Yes, because America is still weird about genders.

Zelda used her magic to create a male persona named Shiek. It's like calling a drag queen "he" - which is super ****ing disrespectful.
Can you not imply that I'm disrespecting trans people over this? K thnx bye. Sheik isn't even the same thing as a drag queen anyway. It's a disguise Zelda put up to hide herself from Ganondorf because the fate of her kingdom and the people who live in it were in danger. That's quite a far cry from a guy or a girl dressing up in clothes of the opposite gender for fun.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
If Skull kid does end up being a boss, I feel with enough push he could get a fighter upgrade stats. ( along with oth non playable bosses.)

Boss updates are More likely then an AT updates imo

And doesn’t Navi say Sheik is female? Before I make things clear

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
And doesn’t Navi say Sheik is female? Before I make things clear
No, Sheik is always referred to as male in OoT, as it's a male disguise. Sheik does indeed have a flat chest and somewhat masculine proportions (although he is rather wiry and slight) but it's possible that Zelda used some chest bindings as well as illusory magic to pull off the disguise. I'm not denying that Sheik is a male persona, but I don't think Sheik physically transformed entirely into a male, genitalia and all. That's not really necessary for a disguise with clothing, is it?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
No, Sheik is always referred to as male in OoT, as it's a male disguise. Sheik does indeed have a flat chest and somewhat masculine proportions (although he is rather wiry and slight) but it's possible that Zelda used some chest bindings as well as illusory magic to pull off the disguise. I'm not denying that Sheik is a male persona, but I don't think Sheik physically transformed entirely into a male, genitalia and all. That's not really necessary for a disguise with clothing, is it?
33145946464ea68695f990d806b7c8c7.png

Let’s be adults here, I would say Zelda did not get rid of her Vagina, the chest isn’t the best way to determine someone’s gender, female can have that muscle tone,

Remember Zelda has heels on

I also fine Sheik to be like Samus in a way an outfit or whatever

Edit if anything she toned down her cheat fat/Size and but/hips size (might be the dress) and toned up the muscle on the arms and shoulders

Wow I should fix this post up

Last edited:
Top Bottom