• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm....... Errrrrr

Hmm

I'm just gonna wait until we get an actual stage revealed but errrrrr. I don't know what to think now.

THE WORLD IS BACKWARDS AND UPSIDE DOWN, SOMEONE IS MESSING WITH STONE TOWER AGAIN

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
108 stages is a really good sign for Geno, Isaac and many other characters that would warrant an accompanying new stage.
Nothing much for Skull Kid though, I think, since Great Bay is already in. Unless if Smash team wanted to add Clock Town or something to accompain him

Smash Apprentice
There's no way Majora's Mask is going to get two stages. However, this seems to make the box theory much less credible, as I'm almost certain that these 5 stages (except for a potential Minecraft stage, hopefully) are going to be associated with new franchises and likely newcomers. Geno might not need a new stage, although he very well may get one, but characters like Isaac, A RH rep, or Banjo definitely would require new stages.

I'm....... Errrrrr

Hmm

I'm just gonna wait until we get an actual stage revealed but errrrrr. I don't know what to think now.

THE WORLD IS BACKWARDS AND UPSIDE DOWN, SOMEONE IS MESSING WITH STONE TOWER AGAIN
lol. Same here. Just like with the box theory, i don't want to get involve until the dust settles. I've seen many rumors/theory/leaks confirmed and deconfirmed in the same hour. That's too much energy lost and anxiety gained. I'll wait until it's 100% confirmed by credibile sources. Until then, i'll just:

keep-calm-and-play-zelda-tbs-prints.jpg

Actually re-playing Wind Waker at this very moment :toonlink:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
lol. Same here. Just like with the box theory, i don't want to get involve until the dust settles. I've seen many rumors/theory/leaks confirmed and deconfirmed in the same hour. That's too much energy lost and anxiety gained. I'll wait until it's 100% confirmed by credibile sources. Until then, i'll just:

View attachment 164601
Actually re-playing Wind Waker at this very moment:toonlink:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/1041190041773518848
Is PushDustin good enough?

Also WW is a fun game:toonlink:

I'm having a blast right now, i love this game! But yeah i saw PushDustin post on twitter, he's super credible imo but you never know, could still be a misprint.

I know it's unlikely but it's possibe so i'll just wait and see. But just to be clear, i don't doubt your credibility at all. Things can change pretty fast with leaks that's all i'm saying.

EDIT: Short video update by PushDustin https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=55&v=q0_6z16RlOY

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Whoever thought we would stay with 103 stages and a horrible empty gap of spaces… this is my reaction to you:

OF COURSE WE ARE GETTING MORE!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Whoever thought we would stay with 103 stages and a horrible empty gap of spaces… this is my reaction to you:

I'm still not convinced CoroCoro is accurate. The issue is suppose to reporting on the Smash Direct, so it shouldn't be saying 108 stages when Sakurai specifically pointed out 103, regardless of how many stages there are.

Regardless, they screwed up

:chuckle: lol! That's very likely, Sakurai is a master troll after all. thx for this awesome gif :chuckle:

I'm still not convinced CoroCoro is accurate. The issue is suppose to reporting on the Smash Direct, so it shouldn't be saying 108 stages when Sakurai specifically pointed out 103, regardless of how many stages there are.

Regardless, they screwed up
Right. The 2 possible scenarios are Corocoro screwing up. Unless there is a 3rd scenario where they just casually dropped a 'bomb':

''Here's some infos on smash Ultimate... and btw there's 5 more stages... no big deal'' :p

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Alright fellas lets hope for a Clock Town stage despite how unlikely it might be, still has a chance though.
Also I feel like Clock Town represents Majoras mask better than great bay, but thats just me.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Reminder that the stage roster from the last two smash games didn't leave any empty spaces, except from their extra stages pages, but the first page was always 100% filled without empty gaps. If they did, specially now, it would just kill the harmony in design, and that's obviously not happening unless it's, like i said, the extra stages page or whatever, which of course we haven't reached yet because we gotta fill those spaces first.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'll be honest, if we're getting more stages, I'd them prioritise other franchises, As much as I'd love another Majora's Mask, we already have Great Bay, and franchises like Kirby haven't had anything post Super Star.

Skull Kid is more than enough

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Nah let's just fill the whole roster up with Zelda stages, Outset island stage anyone?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Something I haven't brought up yet.

But Isabelle's trailer had text boxes, which I had for my idea for a Skull Kid trailer.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Hey folks, just dropping by to say that I didn't see my name in the support list for Skull Kid. So if you can add me, that would be great! I really would like to see Skull Kid in Smash, so here's to the Moon from the Sun :D

My sides are dead! Death to the 103 Stages Theory.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Yeah as cool as a Clock Town stage would be I don't mind Skull Kid sharing Great Bay with Young Link. It'd be great for a DLC stage though with a lot of new MM remixes lol.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This place seems a lot less active now, did we really depend on Loz and the stupid chair that much? I'm honestly dissapointed. Or is it just the rise of verg that's killing everyones hype?

I want everyone to keep spirits high, I want people to stay vocal. Keep this place active and keep sharing support elsewhere.

Don't forget.

Moon assist trophy
Great Bay prominence
Mii costume
Young Links final smash.

Even if we're met with disappointment in the end, BE dissapointed. Show some backlash, show how much you care, try and get him in as DLC. Backlash I'm 90% sure is the entire reason he's playable in Hyrule Warriors in the first place.

The guy who said he's a boss is a joke no one should take seriously, we have no evidence to suggest he would be a boss over anything else, literally none. He doesn't make sense as a boss. People compare it to Ridley, but we shown a literal shadow of his boss during a boss section.

Don't lose hope! Don't let Skull Kid become the next forgotten bandwagon character, keep your spirits high! Never falter!!!!!!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I don't think morale is low as much as there is/was an air of uncertainty with how things will pan out.

With Corocoro stating 108 stages is accurate, the hype can build and heal.

Give it time, we will recover and show our refound love for this mischievous little imp!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't think morale is low as much as there is/was an air of uncertainty with how things will pan out.

Give it time, we will recover and show our refound love for this mischievous little imp!
What we really need is for Verg to face the same fate as Gematsu to really shake things up.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman

This. I just think the latest direct did not leave much else to give us for more speculation, and we're kind of in the same boat before it. Isabelle's chances does help Skull Kid, which I'm excited about

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I mean, I kinda feel this thread's never been SUPER active anyway. Always been the slow, country road of threads compared to the bigger, fast highways of others. It's nice. I do feel spirits have been in the mud lately though, unfortunately. But I'm sure things will pick up, they always do.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I mean, I kinda feel this thread's never been SUPER active anyway. Always been the slow, country road of threads compared to the bigger, fast highways of others. It's nice. I do feel spirits have been in the mud lately though, unfortunately. But I'm sure things will pick up, they always do.
We had like, 5 or so pages before the August direct.

Since then, we're now at 67 with over 2000 post, it was pretty active.

But I guess I should give it a bit more time, it was only a couple days ago we got Isabelle.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
As much as I'm critical of Verge, I don't want his leak to crash and burn UNTIL this box theory is done. Verge is a nice ray of hope in these times for some people.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, even if literally nothing has changed with Isabelle's reveal, we were all hopeful, so since that didn't come to pass, morale dropped. Couple that with the box thing and it tanked. Hopefully the next reveal we get breaks the theory.

Remain cautious though.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
If there's going to be a second Smash Direct in the future, there's probably going to be a boss section. If Skull Kid makes it out of that section alive, I'd say he will probably be playable. I'm still of the opinion that things are pointing to Twinrova being the Zelda boss.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If there's going to be a second Smash Direct in the future, there's probably going to be a boss section. If Skull Kid makes it out of that section alive, I'd say he will probably be playable. I'm still of the opinion that things are pointing to Twinrova being the Zelda boss.
I barely played the 3DS version for anything but Smash Run; was she an actual stage boss, or just a hazard?

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I barely played the 3DS version for anything but Smash Run; was she an actual stage boss, or just a hazard?
Koume and Kotake are stage hazards on Gerudo Valley, a stage that will be returning in Ultimate. They sometimes swoop in to destroy the bridge and burn/freeze one half of the stage. They aren't bosses, but I consider them to be potential candidates.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
This. I just think the latest direct did not leave much else to give us for more speculation, and we're kind of in the same boat before it. Isabelle's chances does help Skull Kid, which I'm excited about
Pretty much this.

I just don't feel there's much to talk about that we haven't already beat to death by this point. There are still the same reasons to believe that Skull Kid has a legitimate chance of making it as there was before this recent Direct, and for a few of the reasons, much longer Now it's just a matter of a waiting game for the Smash loadout that'll likely occur sometime over the next few months.

As for leakers, I didn't really follow them closely before, but even less so now. I genuinely just don't feel that anyone knows anything at this point.

Last edited:

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
There's something I've been thinking about in regards to Skull Kid being a boss... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like a lot of people feel like it has to be one way or the other, boss or playable. But no matter how I look at it, I never get the impression that it can't be both.

Bosses in smash have always been big characters. People argue that things can change, and that Skull Kid can easily be a small boss. True. BUT, that doesn't stop him from being playable. In fact, there's no reason for him not to be at that point because he already exists in the game, sized appropriately.

And as I've seen discussed before, if the boss fight involves Majora, there's nothing stopping the two from being separated for boss/playable status. Actually, that'd be a pretty big honor for the character to have! And we've seen a very similar situationwith Giga Bowser.

Just some thoughts. Sorry if this has been done to death.

D

Deleted member

Nah let's just fill the whole roster up with Zelda stages, Outset island stage anyone?
You have just inspired me to think of 5 potential new stages out of Zelda.

Let's see here:

Hyrule and Lorule Castle from A Link Between Worlds

This one would probably be the most likely. Given the fact that Zelda has the ALBW look.

Lost Woods from Ocarina of Time

Most of the time Zelda stages pull from locations in just one game. But what about locations that have been in multiple Zelda games? The 4 most notable out of those would probably be Hyrule Field, Lost Woods, Death Mountain, and Lake Hylia. But Hyrule Field is........limited in appeal (are there even any incarnations besides those of Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild that would NOT make for bland stage?), Lake Hylia would kind of be treading a lot of ground that Great Bay already covers, and Death Mountain..............okay that one actually doesn't have much going against it but despite all the incarnations it's received I can't envision a Death Mountain stage that I really like to save my life.

That leaves the Lost Woods. I chose the Ocarina of Time incarnation because it's the one I find the most appealing.

Forsaken Fortress from Wind Waker

Nothing against the Pirate Ship. Nothing at all. But I am of the opinion that Wind Waker doesn't have to rely on just that to have a stage forever. Of the other options, Forsaken Fortress is a very impactful area of the game that could also serve as a home stage for Ganondorf. People want Bowser's Castle in for Bowser because the Koopa King has yet to receive a stage that truly fits him. But the King of Evil is technically in the exact same boat (heh).

Was admittedly considering Earth and Wind Temples as a stage. But bring the two dungeons together in one level like what Hyrule Warriors did. But that only ever happened in Hyrule Warriors so can it really still be considered a Wind Waker Stage?

Palace of Winds from Minish Cap

Other than A Link Between Worlds, which uses the same world as a Console Zelda game anyway, all of the stages I've chosen so far have been from Console Zelda games. Let's give the handheld ones some love. I went with Minish Cap out of desire to see Vaati playable. And the Palace of Winds ties in well with him because of the Wind theme. Plus, there have been multiple incarnations of the Palace of Winds even though this sticks to the Minish Cap version.

Deku Palace from Majora's Mask

Honestly, I'm in agreement that Great Bay is probably all we'll get for a Majora's Mask Stage. But Ultimate does also have a stage from Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker and I gave ideas for new stages from those games. Plus, this is the Skull Kid Thread. So it only felt right.

Now Majora's Mask still has a handful of impactful locations like Clock Town that haven't become a stage yet. Is Deku Palace one of them? No, not really. Which is why I don't think it's likely. But I think it would be quite the appealing area to fight in so I'll list it anyway.

And there you go. Five new Zelda Stages. Funnily enough the first of them was actually a submission in the Zelda round of the stage creation contest I'm hosting in the General Discussion threads for Ultimate. There is going to be a 2nd round for Zelda soon enough as well. I wonder if any of the other 4 ideas might get submitted.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
I don't see the topic slowing down, to be honest, I check every day and it's stayed active. If we don't get new info the smash speculation will be pretty stale... And last direct did nothing to promote speculation other than semiclone talk.

I can't understand people getting behind the box theory, and the 103 stages makes even less sense...

That said, I don't think corocoro knows about 108 stages. I think it was a misprint, they referenced the direct and the same stuff the other magazines did, so why would they have this specific weirdly vague bit of extra exclusive info? I have to repeat tho, I never thought that we are just getting 103 stages, and if this confusion is enough to shut up people about that I'm happy to pretend it's real hahaha

Vergeben is the only leaker we can trust right now, so I think Incineroar and Ken are locks, even if I think it's the most boring 7th gen Pokemon to adapt for smash...

I'm obviously here for Skull Kid, but his chances hasn't changed a single bit since the August direct hahaha everything is exactly the same. He could be just a boss and not playable and all the evidence would still work, which would be a bummer, but it happened with Ridley in smash 4, and I already stated how similar the mistreatment of Zelda and Metroid has been gameplay-wise.

I will still hold hope tho!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'm starting to lose hope, maybe Ridley and K. Rool are making us expect too much, Isabelle (not being an echo, meaning they fleshed her out) mixed with these rumors of Ken (im ok with it) and another forced pokemon would really be a let down.

Also doesnt help that Geno will most likely get in, and I'm not interested in him at all either.

The newcomers have been pretty much misses to me and what I'd like, even if Skull Kid is just a boss I'd be glad he's in, but I'm hoping for at least one of my picks...

cybersai

Smash Ace
Well we know Skull Kid is in the game in some form and his Assist is gone, so he's either a boss or possibly playable.

If he really is just a boss it's very disappointing, but at least his model is fully in the game. Who knows, maybe Sakurai can work with his completed model there and give him a moveset for DLC.

Smash Apprentice
There's something I've been thinking about in regards to Skull Kid being a boss... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like a lot of people feel like it has to be one way or the other, boss or playable. But no matter how I look at it, I never get the impression that it can't be both.

Bosses in smash have always been big characters. People argue that things can change, and that Skull Kid can easily be a small boss. True. BUT, that doesn't stop him from being playable. In fact, there's no reason for him not to be at that point because he already exists in the game, sized appropriately.

And as I've seen discussed before, if the boss fight involves Majora, there's nothing stopping the two from being separated for boss/playable status. Actually, that'd be a pretty big honor for the character to have! And we've seen a very similar situationwith Giga Bowser.

Just some thoughts. Sorry if this has been done to death.
Literally what? If he's a boss, he's deconfirmed, that's it. How would you fight Skull Kid... AS Skull Kid? Even if you're fighting Majora's Wrath, fighting him as Skull Kid while wearing Majora's Mask just wouldn't make sense.

Top Bottom