• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Skull Kid definitely seems to be on Sakurai's radar more so than other Zelda characters.

All the way back in Melee, the Majora's Mask was the focus of trophy tussle 3,you could literally fight atop the Majora's Mask.

Then in Smash 4, Skull Kid wasn't only an assist trophy, he was the first assist trophy revealed, of any assist trophies (which is unfortunately probably the reason Sakurai had to specify he's playable)

And then cane DLC, and the Majora's Mask was among the very first dlc Mii clothing added. No ballot needed.

And then, there was a photo contest using trophy mode on Miiverse, and the winner was chosen specifically by Sakurai. And one of them was a very Majora's Mask inspired one, with Skull Kid. I think I have it in the first post.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Would be funny if he came with a statement when revealing Skull Kid;

He is a playable character, I repeat, a playable character!
The Assist Trophies are shown in the AT's page.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid definitely seems to be on Sakurai's radar more so than other Zelda characters.

All the way back in Melee, the Majora's Mask was the focus of trophy tussle 3,you could literally fight atop the Majora's Mask.

Then in Smash 4, Skull Kid wasn't only an assist trophy, he was the first assist trophy revealed, of any assist trophies (which is unfortunately probably the reason Sakurai had to specify he's playable)

And then cane DLC, and the Majora's Mask was among the very first dlc Mii clothing added. No ballot needed.

And then, there was a photo contest using trophy mode on Miiverse, and the winner was chosen specifically by Sakurai. And one of them was a very Majora's Mask inspired one, with Skull Kid. I think I have it in the first post.
There is plenty of things to support his inclusion. I remain hopeful but the waiting for his confirmstion/deconfirmation is killing me. Wish I could play the Song of Double Time :p

Anyway, what are you guys thinking Skull Kid's tagline will be?

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Probably something generic but acceptable like “Crashes in” or something.

I did like the idea someone had before about “Brings a terrible fate,” but I doubt we’ll see that.
I was wondering if it could be "Clocks in!" a reference to Clock Town. "Crashes In!" seems like an obvious choice too to reference the moon falling.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I was wondering if it could be "Clocks in!" a reference to Clock Town. "Crashes In!" seems like an obvious choice too to reference the moon falling.
"Skull Kid brings a terrible fate."

At least the one I wrote about 10 pages back, still like it.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I like both "Skull Kid clocks in" or "Brings A Terrible Fate" I honestly can't imagine better alternatives.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
"Skull Kid unleashes his Wrath"
(Should say Majora, but we all know the characters name will be there.)

"Skull Kid comes out of the Woods"
Finally not lost anymore?

"Skull Kid comes out from the dark"
Feels a bit more sinister than the Lost Woods reference.

"Skull Kid Pulls his/the strings"
Don't know which one sounds better, but then again, sounds more ideal for Geno.

"Skull Kid brings a terrible fate"
Classic I've first used, as it was part of the infamous lines from MM.

"Skull Kid Masks the competition"
Dunno, feels like a typical Sm4sh thing to say.

I'm sure I could quickly get more, but I'll leave that here for now.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I like "Skull Kid comes out of the woods" and "Skull Kid masks the competition" Other than Skull Kid brings a terrible fate, the rest sound unexciting and overused.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Most of the taglines have actually been pretty thematic to the characters, so I wouldn't be overly surprised to see something pretty iconic along the lines of "Skull Kid comes to play" or "Skull Kid brings a terrible fate". The latter is a bit more ambitious since the quote is largely a meme, but that also doesn't make it any less true, either. We do after all have evidence that Sakurai follows large memes based on past gestures during reveals or otherwise, so who knows.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894

Actually was his trophy in the last game.

Ugh, I forgot how bright his colors were. Hyrule Warriors did him much better.

Would be fun to get a pose from his intro here after the mask appears where he twists his body and head oddly like a creepy marionette

Wow it's weird how differently his hat is shaped between that art and the trophy. I actually prefer the look of the wider hat with the shorter top in the art, but that'll probably be impractical, as well as looking odd, in 3D.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
Went to the Nintendo Store in NY today. Majoras Mask was all over the walls lol. Hope he gets in!!

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Made me think. How epic it would be to have Majora's Mask as a costume mask for Halloween or something.
They have really well made masks that even have the eyes light up online. I think Etsy. I was going to go as Skull Kid to a local renassainse fair one year but the mask itself is a couple hundred lol. Someday I'll have it to display on my wall though

Smash Apprentice
Wow it's weird how differently his hat is shaped between that art and the trophy. I actually prefer the look of the wider hat with the shorter top in the art, but that'll probably be impractical, as well as looking odd, in 3D.
I hope they go with how his hat looks in MM/Smash 4 (orange and conical) instead of the darker reddish hat with the frayed brim from HW or the official art.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Altais Altais seen it before, and I really loved it.

I tried to refrence it 15 pages or so ago, but I did not know where to go with it.
Still, the theory is pretty interesting, it's what really got me hungry for Skull Kid again, and the Majora's Mask series.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Altais Altais seen it before, and I really loved it.

I tried to refrence it 15 pages or so ago, but I did not know where to go with it.
Still, the theory is pretty interesting, it's what really got me hungry for Skull Kid again, and the Majora's Mask series.
I watched that and this one https://youtu.be/guXHxiCAvSU

Kinda similar, and it can explain so much about it. I wish we got a Majora's Mask prequel where we played as a fierce deity Link before he got super powerful or something and learn the origins of Majora before he gets sealed into the mask

I feel like this is a fairly appropriate place to say this.

I actually started writing a horror story with the "antagonist" being heavily influenced by the concept and design of Majora. Not to mention the music too especially the remixes by Theophany.

To this day I think Majora is the single best designed fictional "Being" in any medium period especially in regards to horror. This may sound crazy but that's how I truly feel.

I've been wanting to write a story of my own for a long time but I just couldn't. However, Majora has seriously opened my creative mind so if Skull Kid made it into Smash it would truly mean a lot to me.

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716
So Happy I want... no, but for real Skull kid seems like a probability at this point and is one of the Fighters I want most... BUT IF NOT
(You have met with a terrible havent you?)

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I feel like this is a fairly appropriate place to say this.

I actually started writing a horror story with the "antagonist" being heavily influenced by the concept and design of Majora. Not to mention the music too especially the remixes by Theophany.

To this day I think Majora is the single best designed fictional "Being" in any medium period especially in regards to horror. This may sound crazy but that's how I truly feel.

I've been wanting to write a story of my own for a long time but I just couldn't. However, Majora has seriously opened my creative mind so if Skull Kid made it into Smash it would truly mean a lot to me.
That sounds like a great idea! I'm writing a book myself, which is heavily inspired by Smash, actually. Games are just such a great source of creative inspiration, or so I've always thought. I'm curious to see what kind of works will be made from this generation that grew up playing games. I'd be interested in reading what you come up with!

And I definitely agree about Majora. The best antagonists are the ones we don't (or can't) relate to--the ones whose motives are beyond our understanding. Even the nastiest of humans we can at least understand. Ganondorf could even be seen as sympathetic, especially considering his words at the end of Wind Waker. And even if a human just wants power, we can understand that, too. They might be huge jerks, but they're still people.

But Majora...we don't understand Majora. Majora is the darkness, the void, pure destruction with no reasoning. There's a reason why Majora's Mask looks like it does, and is often shown with the eyes shining in the darkness--one of the most primal fears is being in the dark, and knowing something is there with you, but having no idea what form owns that pair of unblinking eyes. Worse is that you don't know what it wants. To kill you? Eat you? Twist your soul apart?

It's the lack of humanity, the lack of clear intention, and a deficit of information on just what the enemy is really capable of, aside from knowing they are in a much better position than you. The result is fear. It's one of the reasons GlaDOS is also an effective villain; it's terrifying knowing you aren't in control, and that something murderous, unpredictable and inhuman is watching you. Add to that the notion that Majora can completely possess you (violating its wearer's mind and body), and you've got a truly frightening antagonist. Skull Kid is the only part of Majora that humanizes it--which is why it's so messed up to see it toss him away and start talking. Then it hijacks that creepy moon, and then you have what's actually in the moon...

Ugh. Just such a great antagonist. Best in the series. That's a big reason why MM is one of my favorite games of all time.

Anyway, long post. Sorry guys! The gist? Majora (and Skull Kid) is awesome, lol.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Majora is basically the closest thing the Zelda series has to a Lovecraftian entity...

Even Bellum from Phantom Hourglass doesn't fit the bill...
That would be why I like Majora so much. She's one of the only creatures in Zelda with that kind of power suite, and I love me some Lovecraftian stuff.

Minus the horrible racism, obviously.

Toucan_Man

Smash Cadet
Put me on the Skull Kid/Majora support list! (I mean, I’m really more of a Ganon guy myself, but more LoZ reps and antagonists are always welcome).

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76944303
Have you guy's seen this?
I am fairly confident that skull kid has a good shot of getting in, but this is on a whole other level.
Ha! Wow. This reminds me of the time I offered to buy someone a copy of ALBW if it didn't get a physical release. He was convinced it would be an eShop only title because its cutesy art style surely couldn't warrant a full price tag or a physical release.

Skull Kid or we play the Song of Time over and over until we avert the apocalypse that would be him missing out as a character
These days , I'm reeeally tempted to play this one. The wait is just painful at this point!!

Speaking of wait, i'm seeing on the Ultimate discussion thread that someone apparently got his hands on the Smash Ultimate demo. Therefore, there's a possibility that some newcomers will be spoiled via datamining.

If you could decide, regarding the outcome for Skullkid:

Would you like to know now or wait until the official reveal?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Would you like to know now or wait until the official reveal?
As much as I want info, I really don't want this datamined. I'll eat spoilers up, but I was super hyped after the K. Rool trailer since I had no clue what was coming.

I remember that I as just so bummed after the ESRB leak that I almost cancelled my preorder. Took until the 50-fact extravaganza to hype me back up enough to get it (as if that made me play it a long time though... Sm4sh was...not the best one)

Top Bottom