• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gonna continue my Majora's Mash 3DS playthrough again today after work. Thanks to this thread mainly! Now tell me something juicy.. where are all the early Pieces of Heart I need to collect?

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Gonna continue my Majora's Mash 3DS playthrough again today after work. Thanks to this thread mainly! Now tell me something juicy.. where are all the early Pieces of Heart I need to collect?
If you get the deed to the flower in clock town, then if you go to that hotel and look around for a hand coming out of a toilet if you give the deed to the hand, you get a piece of heart, that's pretty much the only one i remember.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Every where, it's kinda insane how many you can get before the first temple.

To start with, just find all the holes in Termina Field. There's a number just lying around the Windfall area, either out in the open or just in a chest

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I always, always go for the Deku Scrub Playground 3 day win streak one on the first cycle while I'm stuck as a Deku. Sorta a replay tradition of mine, lol. It's one of, if not THE, earliest one you can get.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So if Skull Kid made it in, what would his victory theme be? Asking because I can't picture him having the usual Zelda one (also because K. Rool and Ridley have unique ones).
The normal Zelda one, since Ganondorf can't even get his own while the other villains can, so it means that no Zelda villains are allowed to get anything different.

:glare:

Honestly, he should get the first few bars of Majora's theme. But the Dorf needs his own too.

Spatman

Smash Ace
The normal Zelda one, since Ganondorf can't even get his own while the other villains can, so it means that no Zelda villains are allowed to get anything different.

:glare:

Honestly, he should get the first few bars of Majora's theme. But the Dorf needs his own too.
Maybe the difference is that Ganon is still a piece of the Triforce.
It makes sense to me

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
It still seems crazy how much support has come from seemingly nowhere for skull kid. Even my own support, I never thought about really until now, I remember when Impa was the zelda rep everyone wanted in next for smash 4, including me, but now skull kid is one of my top three to make it in. I'm a still apprehensive about any of the "evidence" for him being playable, but I'm definitely a supporter now.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Just gonna share this video. Speaks positively about Skull Kid without talking too much about furniture
I just seen it. This is reminding of when Ridley was all the talk. Haha

If you get the deed to the flower in clock town, then if you go to that hotel and look around for a hand coming out of a toilet if you give the deed to the hand, you get a piece of heart, that's pretty much the only one i remember.
I forgot about this. I remember how heart warming it was, receiving a heart from a random hand you would think would be out to get you.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
It still seems crazy how much support has come from seemingly nowhere for skull kid. Even my own support, I never thought about really until now, I remember when Impa was the zelda rep everyone wanted in next for smash 4, including me, but now skull kid is one of my top three to make it in. I'm a still apprehensive about any of the "evidence" for him being playable, but I'm definitely a supporter now.
I believe that mainly stems from how early he was decomfirmed for Smash 4 speculation. But so far this time around it is actually looking like it is gonna happen.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I believe that mainly stems from how early he was decomfirmed for Smash 4 speculation. But so far this time around it is actually looking like it is gonna happen.
Oh yeah that is a good point

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
And the fact that it looks like his assist is getting replaced.
Yeah well there's always the possibility that skull kid and the moon are both assist trophies in ultimate, but that seems like a stupid decision, and there's no way skull kid would be removed entirely, he's just too popular, so really I can't say I can see how he isn't playable, but then again I feel like I'm jinxing it by saying all this, it's giving me flashbacks to all the ridley speculation in smash 4 :cry:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Yeah well there's always the possibility that skull kid and the moon are both assist trophies in ultimate, but that seems like a stupid decision, and there's no way skull kid would be removed entirely, he's just too popular, so really I can't say I can see how he isn't playable, but then again I feel like I'm jinxing it by saying all this, it's giving me flashbacks to all the ridley speculation in smash 4 :cry:
if he still was a assist it would be confusing, like why wouldn't they just choose another character over the moon, so far every zelda assist has been from a different game so like why not OOT or LTTP instead of having two MM assist trophies which is redundant as hell, not that it can't happen, sakurai could make a weird decision like this for no reason.
Also unrelated but your profile picture is just terrifying lol.

Last edited:

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
Well, this is the game that finally gave us Ridley and K Rool after all this time so I think we are in for more surprises. Also, I was a part of the Ridley speculation and Skull Kid this time around has more evidence going for him than just a shadow tease :facepalm:. In hindsight, we should've known better but I think this is far different.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I really don't think Skull kid will be an AT after getting the rambling mushroom item from earthbound, unless the Skull kid AT did something different this time but then again that already feels like a waste… I'm truly believing he is gonna be playable at this point. With how Sakurai had to make sure we understood he wasn't playable back in Smash 4, I don't think he would leave us so open to speculate about him this time if he isn't gonna be playable this time. Just a thought.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I would highly doubt Ridley and K Rool are the main surprises for this game thus far. It was wise for Sakurai to first reveal these "big" characters early. It allows the audience to either dream big or at least show case anything and everything is on the table for available base characters.

I do feel like for certain, at least with very little doubt, that Skull Kid and Shadow will be announced ONLY because on what we have seen, or not seen/missing, so far from what has been shown.

Everyone else all have the same chance in many ways after seeing Ridley on the roster. (K Rool Too, but Ridley makes the case better.)

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
if he still was a assist it would be confusing, like why wouldn't they just choose another character over the moon, so far every zelda assist has been from a different game so like why not OOT or LTTP instead of having two MM assist trophies which is redundant as hell, not that it can't happen, sakurai could make a weird decision like this for no reason.
Yeah that's what I'm worried about, although I feel like the fact that last time he had to specifically state he wasn't a playable character but this time doesn't bother deconfirming him in the assist trophy part of the direct definitely means he is either: not in the game at all, which i find VERY hard to believe, or a playable character

Well, this is the game that finally gave us Ridley and K Rool after all this time so I think we are in for more surprises. Also, I was a part of the Ridley speculation and Skull Kid this time around has more evidence going for him than just a shadow tease :facepalm:. In hindsight, we should've known better but I think this is far different.
Imo I don't really think skull kid has that much evidence aside from the assist trophy thing I stated above. At least ridley's shadow let us know he was in the game in some form, playable or not. We don't really know what is going on with skull kid right now, although that doesn't necessarily mean that his chances aren't high, in fact, them keeping his role in the game secret, and the overall lack of evidence for such a popular character makes me think it's a lot more likely he's in

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Another thing about assist trophies. Sakurai mentioned there were "over 50" of them. So far, 40 have been confirmed. Here's how each franchise is represented so far (excluding Pokemon):
Three representatives: Legend of Zelda
Two representatives: Super Mario Bros., Metroid, Kirby, Star Fox, Earthbound
One representative: Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, WarioWare, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, Splatoon, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear, PAC-MAN, Megaman, Bayonetta, Castlevania
No representation: Yoshi, Ice Climber, Game & Watch, Kid Icarus, R.O.B., Wii Fit, Punchout, Mii, Duck Hunt, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy
Thirteen are represented by (as of now) franchises without a featured playable character.

Given this info, Legend of Zelda already has more reps than anyone else, including even Mario Bros. We have probably fifteen reps yet to be confirmed at most. As of now, Legend of Zelda has no representation for that behemoth among Zelda games that is Breath of the Wild. Which would leave us with - being generous - fourteen other assist trophies to be spread out among other worthy franchises like Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, or Final Fantasy, who have next to nothing as of yet. With no Breath of the Wild reps and not even Tingle revealed as of yet, I can't see Skull Kid getting picked for assist this time around. The main problem I see confronting him is whether or not he'd be a boss. And considering his small stature, and the fact that he meets all of Sakurai's qualifications for making a Smash Bros. character quite easily - not to mention his booming and enduring popularity among fans and Nintendo developers alike - he seems really, really likely. I mean, the dude received his own unique Melee stage, for god's sake. His face: an actual stage. That’s how iconic he is.

Alternatively, Skull Kid may not be in the game at all, and Majora's Mask becomes a boss. I kinda doubt this though, as a move like this seems like it would please literally no one, and would likely only result if Sakurai can't think of a good way for Skull Kid to work as a character. Which, given the number of awesome amateur movesets we've seen on this thread alone, doesn't seem to be much a problem either. Not to mention, Majora's Wrath/Incarnation is a whole lot less recognizable than Skull Kid/Majora's Mask itself, and there are many more bosses worthier of inclusion in a boss mode (energy ball tennis game with Phantom Ganon, anyone?).

I'd bet money on Skull Kid's inclusion.

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Another thing about assist trophies. Sakurai mentioned there were "over 50" of them. So far, 40 have been confirmed. Here's how each franchise is represented so far (excluding Pokemon):
Three representatives: Legend of Zelda
Two representatives: Super Mario Bros. Metroid, Kirby, Star Fox, Earthbound
One representative: Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, WarioWare, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, Splatoon, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear, PAC-MAN, Megaman, Bayonetta, Castlevania
No representation: Yoshi, Ice Climber, Game & Watch, Kid Icarus, R.O.B. Wii Fit, Punchout, Mii, Duck Hunt, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy
Thirteen are represented by (as of now) franchises without a featured playable character.

Given this info, Legend of Zelda already has more reps than anyone else, including even Mario Bros. We have probably fifteen reps yet to be confirmed at most. As of now, Legend of Zelda has no representation for that behemoth among Zelda games that is Breath of the Wild. Which would leave us with - being generous - fourteen other assist trophies to be spread out among other worthy franchises like Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, or Final Fantasy, who have next to nothing as of yet. With no Breath of the Wild reps and not even Tingle revealed as of yet, I can't see Skull Kid getting picked for assist this time around. The main problem I see confronting him is whether or not he'd be a boss. And considering his small stature, and the fact that he meets all of Sakurai's qualifications for making a Smash Bros. character quite easily - not to mention his booming and enduring popularity among fans and Nintendo developers alike - he seems really, really likely. I mean, the dude received his own unique Melee stage, for god's sake. His face: an actual stage.

Alternatively, Skull Kid may not be in the game at all, and Majora's Mask becomes a boss. I kinda doubt this though, as a move like this seems like it would please literally no one, and would likely only result if Sakurai can't think of a good way for Skull Kid to work as a character. Which, given the number of awesome amateur movesets we've seen on this thread alone, doesn't seem to be much a problem either.

Wow I didn't know that, well that actually pretty much persuades me that he's in, as I can't believe they'd just remove him

UserKev

Smash Champion
I feel like Sakurai made the moon fill two different roles to make Skull Kid a reversed obvious. Its brilliant.

Not to mention, Majora's Wrath/Incarnation is a whole lot less recognizable than Skull Kid/Majora's Mask itself, and there are many more bosses worthier of inclusion in a boss mode (energy ball tennis game with Phantom Ganon, anyone?).

Energy ball tennis with Phantom Ganon!? I'm IN ! Joking aside you make some very good points here. As much as I would want a Majora bossfight i agree that any form of Ganon as a bossfight would be more probable (more recognizable). If there's a Zelda bossfight it could very well be Calamity Ganon (or even a Divine Beast), as you mention, there's no AT from the giant that is BotW so a bossfight could make up for it.

I feel like Sakurai made the moon fill two different roles to make Skull Kid a reversed obvious. Its brilliant.
Speaking of the Moon, i saw this Clock Town stage for Smash Flash 2 the other day, i thought the way they handled the background action was a great idea. Song of time is a nice twist on Great Bay (where the Giants come and save the day):

I know the graphics quality is not great it's.... well... it's flash ... like in Smash 'Flash' :p

I think it represents really well the passage of time (night/day, the weather changing, the moon slowly closing in until the sky is redish) which is a main theme in MM.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So if Skull Kid made it in, what would his victory theme be? Asking because I can't picture him having the usual Zelda one (also because K. Rool and Ridley have unique ones).
I don't think he'll get a unique one, but if he did the jingle that plays when you acquire a mask in MM would fit well.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he'll get a unique one, but if he did the jingle that plays when you acquire a mask in MM would fit well.

I think that would be a very fitting jingle imo.

They could just use Majora's Theme for his reveal, and I'd love to see an epic/creepy remix of it.

---

Also, I don't think I'm on the supporters list yet, so please add me! :)

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I was thinking about what the Final Smash for Skull Kid could be. Even if the Moon is now an Assist Trophy, it still can be used. My thought is the final smash could work like King K. Rool's.

When the Final Smash hits, Skull Kid shoots up off the screen and it will commence the cut scene. (Think King K Rool, in which he dashed off the screen to the side ... Skull Kid does this but straight up)

Anway it can show Skull Kid with his signature floating on his side pose behind stars with his gigglying. Then he straights up and stretches out his arms and let's out his familiar scream form his game. It then cuts to the Moon above Clock Town, it's eyes glow and then smashes into the town with a bright flash. Kicks back to the game and whoever was hit by the smash obviously flies off the screen for the KO.

This goes in line with K Rool in which DK64 plot is K Rool going to blast the island. In Smash, we see it happen. With the game of Majora's Mask, the similar plot is present with those kind of stakes that are shown for the Game over/out of time screen.

Anyway, just a thought.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Music is definitely what I'm most curious about his reveal. Majora's Mask has my favourite soundtrack in the Zelda series and it's been very disappointing how few songs it gets in Smash. Termina Field just wasn't enough, especially since it is just a remix of the main theme.

I need something more specific to Majora's Mask.

Smash Apprentice
Middle Boss Battle for his gameplay trailer. It occurs during his "boss fight" atop the Clock Tower too.

As for his Victory Theme: The first seven notes of the Clock Town theme with an ominous strain at the end.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Middle Boss Battle for his gameplay trailer. It occurs during his "boss fight" atop the Clock Tower too.

As for his Victory Theme: The first seven notes of the Clock Town theme with an ominous strain at the end.
Lots of options! Have you heard the Theopany remixes of Majoras Mask soundtracks? They are hauntingly creepy

UserKev

Smash Champion
Speaking of the Moon, i saw this Clock Town stage for Smash Flash 2 the other day, i thought the way they handled the background action was a great idea. Song of time is a nice twist on Great Bay (where the Giants come and save the day):

I know the graphics quality is not great it's.... well... it's flash ... like in Smash 'Flash' :p

I think it represents really well the passage of time (night/day, the weather changing, the moon slowly closing in until the sky is redish) which is a main theme in MM.
I like how homey Clock Town would feel as a stage. Haha Clock Town should be obvious for Smash but its just as obvious not to be included as a Smash Ultimate stage.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

What if that's the reason why Ganondorf still has his basic victory theme, because instead of sharing a villain theme Skull Kid, Skull Kid is instead sharing a MM themed victory with Young Link

D

Deleted member

What if that's the reason why Ganondorf still has his basic victory theme, because instead of sharing a villain theme Skull Kid, Skull Kid is instead sharing a MM themed victory with Young Link
That could actually be part of why he wasn't in the E3 demo, that and his final smash.

I mean it's clear why Robin wasn't in the E3 demo, there's certainly other characters this could apply to

Last edited by a moderator:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I think this would be better suited for Young Link and Skull Kid victory theme.
It's the main theme after all, I think it perfectly represent the two.
(Of course they would have to speed the tempo tho)

Chrono.

I think this would be better suited for Young Link and Skull Kid victory theme.
It's the main theme after all, I think it perfectly represent the two.
(Of course they would have to speed the tempo tho)

In a perfect world every character would have their own victory theme. :p

One of the things I did with Smash 4 modding was to give everyone their own victory theme just for funsies.

Anyways if Skull Kid got in I do hope he gets his own jingle.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
In a perfect world every character would have their own victory theme. :p

One of the things I did with Smash 4 modding was to give everyone their own victory theme just for funsies.

Anyways if Skull Kid got in I do hope he gets his own jingle.
Oh that's sweet, I never was good with modding. XD
I agree, it would be cool to see characters having their own theme, but it is something I would not be upset about if they didn't.
Though it's nice to see when Sakurai pays attention to little details like those.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I had a really randomly spurred Final Smash idea and, well since it most likely won't be the moon, I think this might be pretty close to what we get. I had to make gifs for this but I'm pretty confident about this.

Activation:
Obviously, the activation of every Final Smash is pressing the B button but I'm talking about the hit after that sends them into his Cinematic Final Smash. Majora's Mask rips off of Skull Kid incredibly fast and:

Flies across the stage like in the first phase of the Majora fight. Once contact is made it sends the captured fighters into the room on the moon where the Majora Battle takes place then:

Majora then unleashes a flurry of attacks on the opponent before they are K.O.'d.

Honestly my favorite thing about Majora's Mask is it's incredibly surreal and horror based tone. The final boss is incredibly unsettling and I want that to be represented in Skull Kid's moveset. Obviously, The Moon is the most appropriate Final Smash for "Skull Kid" because that's what he's all about; destroying Termina with The Moon but this is my personal choice for him. It shows that Majora's Mask was a special Zelda game. So unlike any of the other Zelda games in the series. It also shows that he's not just some kid in a mask, and that it's not just some mask but a vengeful deity. Majora is my favorite villain in the entirety of Zelda, yes even above Ganon, because of how unsettling he or she is. I just hope that villain is represented well in Skull Kid's moveset since, you know, the Mask is the true villain of the game. Kinda poetic, actually.

Here's to hoping he gets in. And damn you, hype train, for making a character I love seem likely.

So, I had a really randomly spurred Final Smash idea and, well since it most likely won't be the moon, I think this might be pretty close to what we get. I had to make gifs for this but I'm pretty confident about this.

Activation:
Obviously, the activation of every Final Smash is pressing the B button but I'm talking about the hit after that sends them into his Cinematic Final Smash. Majora's Mask rips off of Skull Kid incredibly fast and:

Flies across the stage like in the first phase of the Majora fight. Once contact is made it sends the captured fighters into the room on the moon where the Majora Battle takes place then:

Majora then unleashes a flurry of attacks on the opponent before they are K.O.'d.

Honestly my favorite thing about Majora's Mask is it's incredibly surreal and horror based tone. The final boss is incredibly unsettling and I want that to be represented in Skull Kid's moveset. Obviously, The Moon is the most appropriate Final Smash for "Skull Kid" because that's what he's all about; destroying Termina with The Moon but this is my personal choice for him. It shows that Majora's Mask was a special Zelda game. So unlike any of the other Zelda games in the series. It also shows that he's not just some kid in a mask, and that it's not just some mask but a vengeful deity. Majora is my favorite villain in the entirety of Zelda, yes even above Ganon, because of how unsettling he or she is. I just hope that villain is represented well in Skull Kid's moveset since, you know, the Mask is the true villain of the game. Kinda poetic, actually.

Here's to hoping he gets in. And damn you, hype train, for making a character I love seem likely.
Hype! :)

Would be great! Just imagine how this would look with revamped graphics, damn... it would probably be the most nightmarish looking Final Smash of all.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
This is unreleated but check out OOT Link and SS Zelda in the BOTW style
I had to make that link my profile pic

Top Bottom