• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rathalos is an AT and Boss. Is there a reason why Majora couldn't be alone and be a boss and Skull Kid + Majora's Mask be the playable character?

I mean ideally he will be playable for us, but still
Indeed. I don't see any reason why Majora (as a boss) and Skull Kid (as a playable character) could not coexist in the game. I was talking about the moooon vs Majora as a Final Smash option for Skull Kid but maybe it wasn't clear enough though.

But considering your point, Majora (in some shape or form) could very well be a Boss as well as Skull Kid's Final Smash... .. i just want him to turn people into Dekus :p

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Indeed. I don't see any reason why Majora (as a boss) and Skull Kid (as a playable character) could not coexist in the game. I was talking about the moooon vs Majora as a Final Smash option for Skull Kid but maybe it wasn't clear enough though.

But considering your point, Majora (in some shape or form) could very well be a Boss as well as Skull Kid's Final Smash... .. i just want him to turn people into Dekus :p
Yeah. I was just hoping off your idea and thinking of how it could translate to him being a boss. Ideally I would like Skull Kid to be playable, but was wondering if he could hit multiple roles

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Majora will be a boss if Skull Kid is playable since... well, logically that means you'd be able to fight Majora as Skull Kid (who wears Majora's Mask)

Unless the boss fight happens in a sort of story mode where you can only play as a certain character during certain segments (i.e. only Young Link or "heroic" characters like Mario/DK/Samus/Kirby)

Although I don't remember if you could replay Subspace with different characters I do know you could do boss mode with any character so... that might not happen.

Personally I want Skull Kid playable. All other considerations are secondary.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Some people think it could be his Final Smash (since the moon is an AT now), but having him as a boss would be even better! It would do more justice to this awesome and awkward boss fight. People tend to want a mix between Majora and Skull Kid for moveset ideas, personally i think Skull Kid and Majora are two different entities and it would be weird to have Skull Kid using Majora's (final boss) attacks... anyway it's just my opinion.

I have this personal fantasy that his Final Smash could transform every figthers on the stage into Dekus (making them slower, weaker and and easier to knock-off...) would be sooooooo funny. hehehehe!
It'd be creative and badass if done correctly. It would take away appeal from his Final Smash tho. I really just want Skull Kid to have simple ****. Not overly dramatic. I'm probably the only supporter who could care less for his tricky potential. I want flute weapon, moon A smash, deku seed, magic projective Skull Kid.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shamefully to say, I bought MM3DS and am stuck... don't even know how to enter the first temple...:lol: I remember that in my youth, I wasn't drawn to MM on N64 because of it's difficulty and how I struggled with OOT (a classmate and older cousin basically held my hand throughout all the temples). But I really wanna experience the full game now!

Also, the alliance between the Marrauders and Impa supporters still stands or...? Our thread has kind of felt in obscurity at the moment </3

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Shamefully to say, I bought MM3DS and am stuck... don't even know how to enter the first temple...:lol: I remember that in my youth, I wasn't drawn to MM on N64 because of it's difficulty and how I struggled with OOT (a classmate and older cousin basically held my hand throughout all the temples). But I really wanna experience the full game now!

Also, the alliance between the Marrauders and Impa supporters still stands or...? Our thread has kind of felt in obscurity at the moment </3
I see no reason why the alliance would stop, I even noticed someone in the Impa thread supporting her due to it.

The Impa + Skull Kid reveal is what I'm about, although I have doubts it would happen at the same time. Most I could see is Impa telling the "legend" of Skull Kid in Smash before revealing herself.

If you would like help with Majora's Mask, you can PM me if you like. To get to the temple, you need to learn a song at the Deku Palace and then play it on the podium in front of Wood fall owl statue as a Deku Scrub (and it must be Deku)

If you like, I'll go spark a conversation in the Impa thread.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I see no reason why the alliance would stop, I even noticed someone in the Impa thread supporting her due to it.

The Impa + Skull Kid reveal is what I'm about, although I have doubts it would happen at the same time. Most I could see is Impa telling the "legend" of Skull Kid in Smash before revealing herself.

If you would like help with Majora's Mask, you can PM me if you like. To get to the temple, you need to learn a song at the Deku Palace and then play it on the podium in front of Wood fall owl statue as a Deku Scrub (and it must be Deku)

If you like, I'll go spark a conversation in the Impa thread.
If Impa is playable she’d be revealed like Daisy, Chrom and Dark Samus.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
It's still pretty hard for me to imagine how Skull kid would fight considering there is not much to pull from, beside maybe the Majora boss fight, it's this aspect that makes me even more excited for his inclusion, it will be sort of a surprise in a way to see how he plays.
If i do try to imagine how he would fight i keep imagining that Majora would occasionally have its whip come out and attack in combination with magic from him and skull kid, I wonder if they would pull anything from TP like the puppets, I don't know if i see them doing that, but I would like to see it happen regaurdless.
How do you guy's think Skull kid would fight?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's still pretty hard for me to imagine how Skull kid would fight considering there is not much to pull from, beside maybe the Majora boss fight, it's this aspect that makes me even more excited for his inclusion, it will be sort of a surprise in a way to see how he plays.
If i do try to imagine how he would fight i keep imagining that Majora would occasionally have its whip come out and attack in combination with magic from him and skull kid, I wonder if they would pull anything from TP like the puppets, I don't know if i see them doing that, but I would like to see it happen regaurdless.
How do you guy's think Skull kid would fight?
There is Skull Kid's Hyrule Warriors moveset to take from, who got revealed in October 2015 for Sakurai to have reference for with Ultimate's 2015 project plan, if there was any trouble with imagining a Smash moveset.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
There is Skull Kid's Hyrule Warriors moveset to take from, who got revealed in October 2015 for Sakurai to have reference for with Ultimate's 2015 project plan, if there was any trouble with imagining a Smash moveset.
That's right i forgot about that, I would personally hope that they would go in a different route than that cause I didn't really like how he felt to play in that game, but maybe if it was translated to smash it would feel better who knows.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't see why any Skull Kid supporters would want any repeat of his Hyrule Warriors move pool. Its actually really underwhelming like he's holding back. That's one of the worst things that could happen with his Smash reveal.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Some elements of Hyrule Warriors Skull Kid could be used, but they definitely overdid certain things on his HW move-set that made much of his move-set feel redundant due to many animations and concepts being overused. I'd like to see a healthy mix between the fairies being used, levitation in his stances or dash animation, the blow pipe to some degree, his flute, Majora tentacles, various curses and hexes for his Specials and black magic for either some of his Specials, Throws or Smashes. Skull Kid could even have a tether recovery using a tentacle as well. There are actually a lot of options for him, it's just that none really define him like some other fighters have.

Skull Kid's main traits are trickery and obscurity, so he could 100% be one of those characters with a "WTF" move-set and it'd still end up making at least some sense. Given how much detail is going into each and every character, Sakurai would find something that worked if he were serious enough to see him as all-star material, and would likely sculpt something from all of his appearances like he has done with quite a few other characters.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Some elements of Hyrule Warriors Skull Kid could be used, but they definitely overdid certain things on his HW move-set that made much of his move-set feel redundant due to many animations and concepts being overused. I'd like to see a healthy mix between the fairies being used, levitation in his stances or dash animation, the blow pipe to some degree, his flute, Majora tentacles, various curses and hexes for his Specials and black magic for either some of his Specials, Throws or Smashes. Skull Kid could even have a tether recovery using a tentacle as well. There are actually a lot of options for him, it's just that none really define him like some other fighters have.

Skull Kid's main traits are trickery and obscurity, so he could 100% be one of those characters with a "WTF" move-set and it'd still end up making at least some sense. Given how much detail is going into each and every character, Sakurai would find something that worked if he were serious enough to see him as all-star material, and would likely sculpt something from all of his appearances like he has done with quite a few other characters.
Skull Kid shouldn't use the fairies in his move set. Haha Just have them in one of his taunts. I mean, what other way would you like the fairies to be used other than how they were in Hyrule Warriors? Really, the female definitely shouldn't even be with Skull Kid since she's with Link.

I also would like dark magic in Skull Kid's throws and deft a projectile. Not his Smashes tho because its already been done with Zelda, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Robin. Skull Kid with heavy magic use would get tiring. He's good with his own tactics while relying on Majora for range attacks, final smash and flight.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I don't see why any Skull Kid supporters would want any repeat of his Hyrule Warriors move pool. Its actually really underwhelming like he's holding back. That's one of the worst things that could happen with his Smash reveal.
Listen I would very much like it if he could shoot laser beams out of his eyes like he can in Hyrule Warriors.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid shouldn't use the fairies in his move set. Haha Just have them in one of his taunts. I mean, what other way would you like the fairies to be used other than how they were in Hyrule Warriors? Really, the female definitely shouldn't even be with Skull Kid since she's with Link.

I also would like dark magic in Skull Kid's throws and deft a projectile. Not his Smashes tho because its already been done with Zelda, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Robin. Skull Kid with heavy magic use would get tiring. He's good with his own tactics while relying on Majora for range attacks, final smash and flight.
I feel like if skull kid was purely a magic based user without the faries then he could possibly have Vaati as a echo, they have the same body types, it could happen in my opinion, it just really depends on how skull kid's moveset plays out and whether or not the thought occurs in Sakurai's mind.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I actually hope SK uses his fairies. I liked that his HW Moveset referenced back to how Tatl and Tael were comparatively far more involved and physically aggressive than Navi was.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
I actually hope SK uses his fairies. I liked that his HW Moveset referenced back to how Tatl and Tael were comparatively far more involved and physically aggressive than Navi was.
Agreed. Tatl and Tael I feel can be easily incorporated and still make sense. Tatl only initially joined Link so she could get reunited with her brother. There really is no time distinction in what the relationship with Skull Kid could be, so it could easily be before they were separated.

Edit: Now that we know the ballot is indeed one of the basis of the newcomers.. Is this a negative thing for Skull Kid?

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Tatl and Tael I feel can be easily incorporated and still make sense. Tatl only initially joined Link so she could get reunited with her brother. There really is no time distinction in what the relationship with Skull Kid could be, so it could easily be before they were separated.

Edit: Now that we know the ballot is indeed one of the basis of the newcomers.. Is this a negative thing for Skull Kid?
Hmm I don't think so, this game seems to be focusing on popular characters rather than ballot winners, i know it may seem like the same thing, but i think Sakurai knew a reason why Skull kid didn't show up in the ballot might've been because his assist trophy getting in the way, but i'm just speculating, mabye it hurts his chances a little, but I still think he's good to go, plus we don't actually know the true ballot results so maybe he scored higher than everyone's expectations.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Listen I would very much like it if he could shoot laser beams out of his eyes like he can in Hyrule Warriors.
The laser is bland and a repeat, dude. There's nothing interesting about it. Skull Kid throwing the mask as a boomerang is way more original and creative, already a reference to the Majora's Mask boss fight.

I guess my idea of having them be apart of one of Skull Kid's taunts is non existent then. Hahaha

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
The laser is bland and a repeat, dude. There's nothing interesting about it. Skull Kid throwing the mask as a boomerang is way more original and creative, already a reference to the Majora's Mask boss fight.

I guess my idea of having them be apart of one of Skull Kid's taunts is non existent then. Hahaha

I mean, Tatl and Tael could be a taunt for sure, but I think they could just as easily be part of his moveset. For taunts I think his up taunt would be him levitating and sitting in the air. It's pretty iconic. Side taunt to be him shaking his head/mask creepily, and the down taunt to pull out the ocarina, blow into it once, and then laugh

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So I was wanting to get some input from you fine people. What evidence do you think we have BESIDES THE LOZ18 LEAK that would point to Skull Kid being playable and not a boss? You may say that they wouldn’t hype up SK as much as they have if he was only a boss, but we mustn’t forget the Ridley/Pyrosphere debacle. Plus, he would likely be a boss in the “adventure” mode, which is way more hype than a stage hazard. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
You do know the eye lasers are from the Majora's Mask boss fight right? It's a canon move. It wasn't made up for Hyrule Warriors.

I mean, Tatl and Tael could be a taunt for sure, but I think they could just as easily be part of his moveset. For taunts I think his up taunt would be him levitating and sitting in the air. It's pretty iconic. Side taunt to be him shaking his head/mask creepily, and the down taunt to pull out the ocarina, blow into it once, and then laugh
No ass slap taunt 3/10

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
So I was wanting to get some input from you fine people. What evidence do you think we have BESIDES THE LOZ18 LEAK that would point to Skull Kid being playable and not a boss? You may say that they wouldn’t hype up SK as much as they have if he was only a boss, but we mustn’t forget the Ridley/Pyrosphere debacle. Plus, he would likely be a boss in the “adventure” mode, which is way more hype than a stage hazard. Thoughts?

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1400976-super-smash-brothers-ultimate

Theres a bunch of other little things, too. Sakurai talked about Skull Kid in his AT pic for smash 4, stressing that he was not playable. It shows that he knows how popular the character is.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
I saw it and that's slightly bad for Skull Kid's chances. He wasn't already deconfirmed so I'm sure not many voted for him.
True, but if we assume that Sakurai knows how popular he is (and there's a bit of evidence supporting that), I feel like he would have already shown him off as an AT along with the other popular picks like Waluigi, Shovel Knight, etc. I must believe.

Last edited:

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
I saw it and that's slightly bad for Skull Kid's chances. He wasn't already deconfirmed so I'm sure not many voted for him.
This. But we do know Majora's Mask 3D was in high demand and really hyped. This occurred right before Smash Ultimate planning occurred. So this helps his chances from that end, even if he didn't do well in the ballot.

This is really everything else that could slightly support his inclusion: https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1400976-super-smash-brothers-ultimate

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
This. But we do know Majora's Mask 3D was in high demand and really hyped. This occurred right before Smash Ultimate planning occurred. So this helps his chances from that end, even if he didn't do well in the ballot.

This is really everything else that could slightly support his inclusion: https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1400976-super-smash-brothers-ultimate
Also the VGTribune poll from 2012 (more than 1 million votes tallied altogether from US and EU).
VGTribune: This Game's Winner Is...

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
Smash bosses are always big. That rule could be broken but I think a Skull Kid boss is less likely than him being a fighter. I do agree that he's going to be one or the other. I can't see him being cut from the game entirely.

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
Smash bosses are always big. That rule could be broken but I think a Skull Kid boss is less likely than him being a fighter. I do agree that he's going to be one or the other. I can't see him being cut from the game entirely.
I mean Tabuu wasn't that big, they can probable make due. But yeah I dont think its happening

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's possible Skull Kid may be announced next month if there is any kind of direct, like if they talk about the online aspects of the switch. It would also line up with a sale on Majora's Mask if i'm not mistaken?

If Skull Kid gets in, despite my love of K Rool and Ridley, I'll probably switch my main icon to him.

UserKev

Smash Champion
You do know the eye lasers are from the Majora's Mask boss fight right? It's a canon move. It wasn't made up for Hyrule Warriors.
I know that. Just watched a gameplay of it. It doesn't look fun to use. It looks bland to me. Lasers are way too overdone.

Top Bottom