• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

UnknownM

Smash Cadet
Majora's Mask is one of my favorite Zelda games and having Skull Kid would be great.

Oh yeah in case no one has mentioned it yet, we can still possibly see the Moon be part of his FS since Riki is both an AT and helps Shulk in his own FS as well. :surprised:

Hope to see Tatl and Tael be integrated as part of his character.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Fierce Deity Link v.s. Majora!Skull Kid in a CGI trailer would be so hype.
I think Skull Kid is one of those characters that would have a lot more support if people thought he was likely.
Yeah. I didn't support him before even though he is the antagonist of my favorite game, simply because he seemed extremely unlikely to me.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Skull Kid brings a terrible fate.
Oh, man this sounds AWESOME!

I don't have too many wanted characters left that still have a chance, but I would really be excited to see Majora's Mask and its associated puppet.

Hyrule Warriors gave him an appropriate moveset with the summoning, and Majora's Mask is one of the most talked about games in the franchise regarding the fantheories. I'm so happy to see Great Bay back, but more Majora content would be incredible!

Reila

If he is somehow a summoner I am never playing another fighter ever again. I never played Hyrule Warriors so I might check Skull Kid's moveset on YouTube.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That would be incredible.

It opens up with a fade in on Young Link putting on his Fierce Diety mask, and then the camera pans around to Skull Kid.

Simple, and would make me cry tears of hype.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been on here since the last game was released because I live for new game hype, but I am a villain guy and with Ridley, K. Rool, and Dark Samus in the game I want to throw my support to Skull Kid!

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
Just wanted to drop in to show support for our Moon Dropping boi. I’ve always wanted Skull Kid in since before Brawl, Majora’s Mask has always been my favorite Zelda game. I’ve been so busy rallying for Ridley and K. Rool that I can finally focus more on the characters I love that were overshadowed by them.

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Compiled a list of evidences for Skullkid!

-He had a huge following before Smash 4 and Sakurai placed him as both an assist and a mii costume
Looks like those fans are still around

Mega Poll before Smash 4:
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-winner/

-There's also the furniture in the last direct matching up with tatl tael and Skullkid. At e3 there was a barrel and rope ladder probably hinting at King K Rool.

E3 Sakurai room:
https://imgtc.com/i/OxnufYI.png

August direct room:
https://m.imgur.com/pHCNJbX

-Young Link's final smash is suspiciously still secret. (Deity?) (They may be waiting for the skullkid reveal?)
-Skullkid was popular enough to get both and assist and a mii costume last Smash. Both are now suspiciously missing. King K Rool, inkling, and Chrom were costumes. Dark Samus was an assist.
-The new home menu mode is apparently called "spirits" and the theme seems to be her vs applicable villain. Skullkid fits right in with this, and a big part of Majora's Mask was healing spirits tormented by Skullkid.
-The trailers lately have been darker than we are used to with Luigi getting his spirit sliced out. Mega man and Mario dying, and etc.
-User loz18 who has gotten a lot of specific information right, said Skullkid is heavily implied from his source.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Mark me down as a supporter. Until I saw K. Rool, I feared that this game was going to prioritise newer characters. Now I know that we're getting old fan-favourite requests instead.

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Hello, everyone!
Since pratically all my most-wanted are in (Ocarina of Time Ganondorf and K. Rool), I'd like to show my support for our little boy and the cursed mask.
That hints on Sakurai's room are very well placed, and I believe Skull Kid will be in.

TheKingOfEvil2014

Smash Rookie
We haven't gotten any Zelda newcomers since Brawl, and that was a semiclone. I support Skull Kid's inclusion over other Zelda characters.

Besides, we've gotten three villains so far, out of the eight characters revealed. I think he has a much better chance this time.

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Awesome, I think I might be Simba in that situation.

Also we were talking about names for the support list and I can't believe we missed an obvious one, right there in the title. Masked Marauders!

I'm starting to see why people didn't like children of the moon, it's a bit a mouthful and lacks a nice alliteration, makes for an easy #. Any opinion? Any idea how to change the poll?
What about the Masked Marionettes? :)

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Alright, **** it. I'm gonna make a moveset semi-off the cuff here.

Basic movement and stuff: Floaty, floats around for standing/walking/run animations, a la dark samus.

Neutral a combo: He hits once with Tatl, once with Tael, and then rapid jabs, which is him shaking his mask to send out a wave of energy in front of him, followed by a burst of energy at the end. Based on this:

Dash attack: Tentacles come out of Majoras Mask. He spins around like a top, causing the tentacles to hit around him repeatedly (based on Majora's Wrath's move).

Forward tilt: He sends out a few spheres of electricity immediately in front of him. He will continue to fire them if you keep tapping. Based on Majora's Incarnation's main means of attack.

Up tilt: He sends Tatl and Tael upwards to attack above him.

Down tilt: He sweeps in front of him with Tatl and Tael.

Smash attacks: He uses tentacles that come out of the mask to attack in front of him, above him, or on both sides. Has a long reach.

Nair: Spins Tatl and Tael around him.

Fair: Summons Odolwa's sword for a slow but wide reaching swing in front of him.

Bair: Summons mini Gyorg's that he swings immediately behind him. Multi hit.

Uair: He summons Twinmold's Pincers and attacks above him by slamming them together over his head.

Dair: Shoots a bolt of lightning downwards, like Goht.

Grab: A tether grab with a Majora's Wrath tentacle.

Pummel: Squeezing them with the tentacle.

Forward throw: Throws the enemy forward with the tentacles.

Up throw: Throws the enemy upwards with the tentacles.

Down throw: Slams the enemy down with its tentacles, knocking them off the ground.

Back throw: Slams the enemy into the ground in front of him, then swings them over his head to slam them onto the ground behind him, then in front of him again, and then throws them backwards. Most damaging throw and a kill throw.

Neutral B: Skull kid charges up for a short bit and then shoots a laser out of his mask in front of him. This can be aimed angled upwards or downwards. He continues to fire for 1.5 seconds, during which he can alter the angle of it, making it 'sweep' across the screen.

Side B: One of the whips releases a top, like Majora's Wrath uses. This moves forward across the ground. It will bounce off walls, and it will deal damage to anything that isn't Skull kid, causing it to ricochet off them as well. It is a physics object subject to gravity and can be knocked around by both Skull Kid's attacks and other people's attacks, though it will never be able to deal damage to skull kid. It deals more damage the faster it is moving. It lasts a few seconds.

Down B: Skull Kid plays his Ocarina, summoning a puppet in front of him. It will take hits and can be destroyed. After a second, it will begin attacking in front of it repeatedly for a couple seconds and then disappear.

Up B: Skull Kid begins to levitate, and he gains free movement in all directions for a few seconds. He can continue to use specials and normal attacks when in this state. Does not put him into free fall.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What about the Masked Marionettes? :)
I'll stick with Marauders for now, it's shorter and easier to pronounce, plus it's been the topic title since before I even became the owner.

Also does anyone know how to change the poll? Or at the very least get rid of it. Do I have to contact an administrator?

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
That sofa alone I wouldn't find suspicious, but have you looked at the freakin yellow and purple chairs?! That's too much of a coincidence...
Usually I'm not the kind of person who grasps at straws, but for a video with so many people watching, you're choosing your background carefully. And the chairs don't fit with the furniture style at all. It seems really weird to have those strange colors here...
Probably represents Tatl and Tael! :)

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
I primarily am hanging out on the Isaac thread, but Skull Kid also has my support! Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game and I think Skull Kid has all kinds of potential for interesting moves.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I just hope we get more than just Termina Field.

Stone Tower
Clock Town
Majora's Theme
The many boss themes
Deku Palace
Pirates Fortress
Final Hours
Song of Healing

I'd love a medley of sorts of the more depressing songs, like Skull Kids theme, Song of Healing, Final Hours and the Giants theme / oath to order

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
I just hope we get more than just Termina Field.

Stone Tower
Clock Town
Majora's Theme
The many boss themes
Deku Palace
Pirates Fortress
Final Hours
Song of Healing

I'd love a medley of sorts of the more depressing songs, like Skull Kids theme, Song of Healing, Final Hours and the Giants theme / oath to order
Agreed! Would also be cool if we got another Termina stage too! clock town maybe?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
If he does get in, I wonder if some of his moves will take inspiration from HW

Last edited:

Reila

If he does get in, I wonder if some of his moves will take inspiration from HW
Possibly. Skull Kid isn't exactly a fighter so they will get creative with his moveset, which is quite exciting. I think having Talt and Tael helping him like in Hyrule Warriors would be cool.

If I were designing his moveset, I would have the mask being "unstable" and semi-transforming at times. For example, the mask could grow tentacles (like in the final boss fight) for Skull Kid's grabs. Basically, it would be as if Skull Kid and Majora were fighting together, rather than one controlling the other. It'd be super creepy (and we don't have enough creepy in Smash).

I wonder if he will be laughing like a maniac in Smash, too.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I fully expect, and really want a remix of this theme!
Like a rock theme, or maybe a mariachi band theme now that K. Rool had one badaass.

I can't be the only one?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I would honestly love this and hope it happens. A Zelda newcomer that isn't a clone, and not a version of the Triforce Bearers. I say bring on the Skull Kid!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
There is a theory about a 4th piece of the triforce.
Some says it dissapeared with Lowrule. Others says it's the sheikah tribe who once went against the royals.
All of this is speculative theory, but then again, Termina is theorized to be Lowrule in the future. Which is relevant for Skull Kid.

I don't even know where I tried to go with this, I just found it interesting to the lore of Zelda in general.
All of this came up when I tried to search the origin of Majora.

Last edited:

Reila

I fully expect, and really want a remix of this theme!
Like a rock theme, or maybe a mariachi band theme now that K. Rool had one badaass.

I can't be the only one?
The three final boss themes are remixes of that theme :p But I wouldn't be opposed to a new one.

I hope Oath to Order is in the game if Skill Kud is playable.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Question, how would everyone feel if we formed an alliance with the Impa support group. Really both should be in and most agree that Skull Kid would be unique and Impa an echo.

I don't know what this means but they seem up for it!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Sure, I would not complain about Impa, she is a recurring character, and would fit well as an echo.

Skull Kid > Impa > Tingle > Anyone else at all in the Zelda series.

So, Impa is basically second of my most wanted Zelda's atm.

Reila

Impa as a (heavier-hitting maybe?) Sheik echo? I don't mind. She is cool. Especially the one from Skyward Sword, such a cool look.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I've wanted Impa as a clone of or replacement for Sheik since Skyward Sword, and I think she has a pretty good chance of being a Sheik echo. And if they used her Skyward Sword design, we would have representation from every 3D Zelda game!

Except Twilight Princess, which is fine.

Shadownade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadownade
So, this is the first time I'm posting on Smashboards. I've been a long time player since the 64 days and have stayed on maining Zelda since Melee. Skull Kid has been one of my most wanted characters for the longest time; dating back to post-Brawl, and it shattered me to see him as an Assist Trophy in Smash for 3DS and Wii U. With his absence in Ultimate so far, and with the Moon appearing as a new Assist (along with the return of Great Bay) - I wanted to present my few findings on why I think he's a contender for Ultimate. One of these do mention a leak, so take that as you will; but the rest are genuine thoughts.

- He's currently absent from the many Assist Trophies shown off since the game's reveal at E3, even with returning trophies being shown off; albeit them being wanted fighters (e.g Waluigi, Lyn, Ashley, etc). The same can be said for Shovel Knight and Bomberman; albeit new assists, they've been desired as fighters too - but have been assigned the role of assist trophies.

- Dark Samus had left her position as an Assist Trophy to become Samus' very own Echo Fighter.

- The Moon (as of 8.8.18's Direct) has been revealed as an Assist Trophy for the Legend of Zelda series, alongside Midna
from E3; another wanted fighter who didn't make the cut.

- They've been highlighting the return of the Great Bay stage quite a bit in the footage they've shown off SSBU the past few times.

- Skull Kid was also a Mii Costume (among the likes of K.Rool and Chrom who reached enough popularity and demand to become fighters). Of course, Ashley was a part of these, but lo and behold, she got stuck as an Assist. Geno himself is yet to be seen, and with the Rathalos being introduced as a boss and assist - and Monster Hunter having Mii costumes last game...well, who knows?

- All these newcomer trailers have had a subtle (in the Belmonts' case, not-so-subtle) tone of darkness to them, with veterans getting brutalised in a number of ways (Ridley impaling Mario; Death from Castlevania reaping Luigi's soul, etc). There's a certain title in the Zelda series that can fit this strange sense of macabre atmosphere; and it's Majora's Mask, so if we have the possessed Skull Kid taking out Young Link in an upcoming trailer, it won't be out of place.

- Young Link is back. His artwork on the Smash painting has since been moved with the addition of yesterday's new characters; but whom exactly is he focusing his vertical slash on? His eyes seem to be focused somewhere else. This isn't super important, but I thought it was worth noting.

- Whether it's a lucky guess or an accurate leak, user 'Loz18' was directly on the money about K.Rool's trailer following a cutscene script of 'Heroes VS. Villains' and has also claimed that he knows of two more newcomers, one strongly implied to be Skull Kid himself. He's among a few of the 'leakers' who have been pretty good with their information; having called what the Direct last night had shown off. (But really, anyone can take shots and speculate...)

- Going back to the Moon being an assist trophy, people may wonder what Skull Kid's FS would be. There are a good number of cutscene related Final Smash moves this time around, and it would seem rather fitting that Skull Kid would have a transformation scene involving the mask taking complete control and becoming Majora's Wrath for the duration of that cutscene/attack. Young Link's FS hasn't been seen yet either; and with Link now using the Guardian Arrow, and Toon Link keeping the Triforce Slash, could we have a cutscene-centric Fierce Deity transformation and attack for the little Kokiri boy?

As of writing, there's technically NO representation for Majora's Mask yet, in terms of characters (sans music tracks, the Great Bay stage and the Bunny Hood). Young Link and Ganondorf represent Ocarina of Time (although Young Link could be argued...); Link and Sheik now represent Breath of the Wild and Zelda now dons her A Link to the Past attire. Skull Kid could change that, and perhaps give Young Link an alternate where he swaps his Deku Shield out for the Hero Shield bearing the Termina insignia. There has been talk of alternate costumes (with Mario having two and Ridley having his Meta form although it hasn't been selectable in current playable builds) - so I don't see why a shield swap would be so hard.

I hope that wasn't too much to dig through. Hopefully some people find some reason in all of that. Consider me a supporter for our possessed imp friend.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I don't care very much about Impa. She makes more sense than Sheik, but Sheik is already in.

SamDunk

Smash Cadet
As a person who has no bias for or against Skull Kid (not that I'm against him, I think he'd be cool, he's just not one of my top choices), I think his chances are looking really good right now. I remember when I saw the Klaptrap Assist Trophy, my immediate thought was "this HAS to mean K. Rool is playable". Using similar logic, I don't see any reason why Sakurai would downgrade a popular character like Skull Kid from Assist Trophy to nothing.

Also, I don't know if this has been discussed, but in the new direct, when Sakurai is talking about new music, three of the songs are covered, presumably for spoiler reasons.
http://funkyimg.com/view/2Kjkc

I think this could mean some music to accompany a brand new Zelda character's addition to the game, like the remix of K. Rool's theme we hear in his new trailer. I can't think of any other good reason why they'd want to keep these 3 songs a secret. Granted, the new Zelda character could be someone other than Skull Kid, but for the aforementioned reasons, he definitely seems most likely to me.

Top Bottom