• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Reason loz18's leaks about Skull Kid may be true:

1. He's been right about every leak. Before E3 he confirmed "Everyone is returning" including Snake, Pichu, Pokemon Trainer, etc. that nobody could have predicted before the E3 direct. He also correctly stated the name "Smash Bros. Ultimate" before E3.

2. He got many other details right, like saying Ganondorf uses his sword and is in his OOT design, and that Zelda had a mix of her ALTTP/LBW's costume, instead of a guess which would have been her Breath of the Wild outfit. Also correctly said Link now has remote Bombs.

3. Most importantly, he confirmed both Ridley and Simon Belmont before the E3 direct. As we know Simon wasn't shown till 2 days ago, but he knew Simon was in even before the E3 direct. Ridley was also a long shot due to how many people doubted him for years.

4. He alluded to King K. Rool debuting just a day before the last direct, and said, "There will be a newcomer in the last 2 minutes of the direct" which was true as K. Rool's trailer was in the last 2 minutes.

5. He said there is a "Heroes Vs. Villains" theme to the game, which as seen to the opening of K. Rool's trailer with the montage, that seems correct.

6. He flat out said the Gen 7 pokemon isn't Decidueye but likely Incineroar, which seems very possible now.

7. He now name dropped Skull Kid, which a lot of people generally overlooked because we thought he had no chance, and said his source is the same person from all the previous leaks. As we see we have an Assist of the Moon and Skull Kid is nowhere to be found.

To my knowledge there's not been a single thing loz18 said that he was wrong about. He seems certain Isabelle isn't in the game even as an echo, so if Isabelle does show up playable than that would be the first thing he might be wrong around, but so far we haven't seen her.

Lastly he also sort of alluded to Dixie possibly being an echo due to Diddy's tail-whip being gone, but didn't confirm or deny her.

I want to believe.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Another possibility that I haven't seen brought up yet is that he could end up as a boss, though I'm sure we all want him playable. Rathalos and Dracula both have seperate flat stages that seem to be pointing toward a boss mode, so they could put him in that role.

This is of course in the event that loz18's info is wrong.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
To my knowledge there's not been a single thing loz18 said that he was wrong about. He seems certain Isabelle isn't in the game even as an echo, so if Isabelle does show up playable than that would be the first thing he might be wrong around, but so far we haven't seen her.
That does contradict the other leaker who says Isabelle is playable, though. And the other leaker has gotten pretty much everything right, too, although there were echoes announced that he didn't leak (but that doesn't necessarily disprove anything). So, who is right?

I want to believe too, even though the idea of a Gen 7 Pokémon being added for arbitrary reasons sucks.

cybersai

Smash Ace
That does contradict the other leaker who says Isabelle is playable, though. And the other leaker has gotten pretty much everything right, too, although there were echoes announced that he didn't leak (but that doesn't necessarily disprove anything). So, who is right?

I want to believe too, even though the idea of a Gen 7 Pokémon being added for arbitrary reasons sucks.
Vergeban or whatever his name is, is the guy who said Isabelle is in but he's far less reliable. He seems to just pick up things he hears about and is often wrong.

loz18 definitely seems to have some inside source, probably someone who works at the NOA localization team or something. He said he even played the E3 demo build before E3 which is why he knew about what he did.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace

Maybe Isabelle is simply an Echo Fighter and LoZ just hasn't heard anything about Echo Fighters? Unlike Verge whose info is more that's all over the place.

Reila

Vergeban or whatever his name is, is the guy who said Isabelle is in but he's far less reliable. He seems to just pick up things he hears about and is often wrong.

loz18 definitely seems to have some inside source, probably someone who works at the NOA localization team or something. He said he even played the E3 demo build before E3 which is why he knew about what he did.
I don't know if I agree with Vegetable being less reliable. Well, time will tell.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I promised myself I wouldn't come back here for the Ultimate speculation period, but damn it, I couldn't hold out.

Majora's Mask and BotW are tied for my favorite Zelda games, and I would absolutely adore Skull Kid being playable. I never thought it possible, but we might actually have a chance this time! But hey, this is the main thing I wanted to say.

Obviously if we're looking at the furniture, we're getting desperate. That being said, I haven't seen anyone mention this as a possibility for those purple and yellow chairs:

download.jpg

Tatl and Tael, the fairies who were friends with the Skull Kid. Purple and yellow.

EDIT: My picture didn't work and someone just beat me to the punch. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
This does not seem like a coincidence, this feels like a small tease to me:

Credit to Waluigi is not getting in Waluigi is not getting in .
Man I wonder.

Sakurai said on twitter his "eyes would be a little red" and then we got Simon whose theme song is "Bloody Tears" and then King K. Rool who is known for his big red eye.

Maybe there are subtle hints all over the place. He purposely decided to show the Moon in that direct too over any other Assist to get people talking. Man Sakurai is a genius madman.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Man, this level of speculation feels like all the Ridley reaching some of us did for Smash 4. But I wonder if he's actually hinting at things this time...

cybersai

Smash Ace
At this point, if we do not get Skull Kid, I am going to be very disappointed with Sakurai for teasing us with these numerous hints. .-.
Eh, my expectations are still tempered. We just got Ridley and K. Rool so expectations are over the moon (heh), but there's a chance Skull Kid may not happen.

Just don't hope for it too much in case we wind up disappointed.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Also, I got to think.
It would be perfect for Skull Kid being playble, as if there is a story mode, the Majora's Wrath aspect could be implemented as an interesting boss!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sakurai has actually been more hinty than in Smash 4. As someone that participated in pre-Smash 4 speculation, I never would get teases like this from Sakurai when it comes to Miiverse posts and Smash 4 directs. Looks like Sakurai is leaving out these hints to characters like Chrom, Shadow, Dark Samus, and Skull Kid to keep us guessing and predicting possible newcomers.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Maybe there are subtle hints all over the place. He purposely decided to show the Moon in that direct too over any other Assist to get people talking. Man Sakurai is a genius madman.
Either he is truly a genius madman, or we are just really bored and desperate, LOL. Time will tell I suppose! The chairs after all could very well be a reference to Wario and Waluigi still. Obviously, the ship has sailed for Waluigi in terms of being playable, but it could just be a little reference to them. I can't help but wonder what Sakurai thinks of WarioWare as a whole.

The furniture isn't quite "Pac-Man in the clouds" level of "bad" when it comes to grasping IMO. Chances are good that they're the way they are for some reason, it's just what that's the interesting part. It could be Skull Kid, it could be Wario + Waluigi, or something else entirely. One thing is almost certain though: What we see when Sakurai is addressing us in the Direct is almost surely hand picked to be in sight of the camera for a reason, because that's what he wants us to see. The important thing I guess is that we just don't lose our heads over it.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I kinda agree, those purple and yellow chairs look like plastic chairs you wouldn't have in your office. I mean they look like stuff from a school or something. Who is even supposed to sit on those?

And why those colors? Wouldn't most chairs be blue, black, maybe red? Why purple and yellow?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
One thing to notice is that Sakurai is an artist. I've really been blown away by that fact.
Consider the E3 trailer, how every detail was placed in perfect interlude, timing, and just how much to show off.
He knew what to place here, and what to place there for the perfect reactions. This guy has been in this for a long time, and this Smash Direct is yet another proof. Starting with the "leaked?" character of Castlevania, showing brand new character cinematic + an echo, and go from there to just; "I know you guys don't really like clones/echoes, but, how about these?" Showing Chrom, who everyone would be fine with, even if they are done with FE in Smash, since it felt like Justice, and right after Dark Samus, another guess, and another one to make Metroid rounded out.

After that, he brings a pause, but the stages, the new modes, the items, Pokéball Assists, and the Assists, how all of them were handled. This man knows very well how to make directs, because he is a god damn mastermind, and an artist. If he make hints, then he very well knows what he does! Even if it's just for reactions, playing with us, known troll, you saw that again with Dedede in K. Rool's trailer, and the weird "red eye-stain" Tweet.

This guy ... Truly an amazing artist.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Another possibility that I haven't seen brought up yet is that he could end up as a boss, though I'm sure we all want him playable. Rathalos and Dracula both have seperate flat stages that seem to be pointing toward a boss mode, so they could put him in that role.

This is of course in the event that loz18's info is wrong.
If we get an mm boss, I think we should get fierce diety. It would also show up in young links cutscene final smash.

Reila

That would make more sense than the chairs being a hint towards Waluigi, but even then until confirmation the wise approach is to be cautiously optimistic.

Cool stuff, though.

I can say I will have to change my Smash Ultimate main from Inklings to Skull Kid if he is confirmed.
Man, this level of speculation feels like all the Ridley reaching some of us did for Smash 4. But I wonder if he's actually hinting at things this time...
Yeah, that is what worries me. We reached at the stars when it comes to Ridley back in Smash 4, and the disappointment was crushing. All the various hints we found were meaningless in the end. But maybe Sakurai has changed and is done playing with people's expectations.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, that is what worries me. We reached at the stars when it comes to Ridley back in Smash 4, and the disappointment was crushing. All the various hints we found were meaningless in the end. But maybe Sakurai has changed and is done playing with people's expectations.

The fact that we've actually had some payoff from our wild speculation makes me feel a little better, at least! But I'm still trying not to get too hyped. That being said, I've gotten everyone at the top of my list at this point, so I'm gonna go ahead and fully throw my support behind Skull Kid now.

And Paper Mario.

Smash Apprentice

I honestly thought that the Yellow and Purple chairs were there to throw off people for Waluigi (I really wanted him in the game, but he's definitely not going to make it into the base roster.) And as stated previously, the colors on the sofa and pillows also match King K. Rool... but now I'm almost certain that the furniture placement was intentional. Whether Sakurai is just trolling us to make us THINK Skull Kid will be playable, or he's actually dropping hints that Skull Kid will be playable remains to be seen.

But now I'm 100% certain that the furniture is teasing Skull Kid, whether to throw us for a loop or to reward the diligent (or paranoid).

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm curious, what do you guys think his splash text will say?

I think his stage entrance has to be the way he shows up in Majora's Mask, with the mask appearing first and the Skull Kid himself a second later.

D

Deleted member

You know it wouldn't be the first time a developer has caved to the desires of fans and included Skull Kid in a game, Hyrule Warriors being the first.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Those two fairies are friends with the Skull Kid. Notice how they're purple and yellow.
I think a picture isn't loading ,I only see a bear with Toilet Paper

Also the chair is Lime Green, Tatl is a light yellow. It's really reaching here.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think a picture isn't loading ,I only see a bear with Toilet Paper

Also the chair is Lime Green, Tatl is a light yellow. It's really reaching here.
That's a hell of a color for a lime to be. I'm not sure I even believe in this furniture thing, but if they're referencing anything, it's Tatl and Tael, even if they're not exact colors.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Skull kid is replacing Ashley in my prediction roster (unfortunately)

I mean him, Isabelle and shadow all survived twice

The heroes vs villian theme is checking out skull kid would present for young links villian

But will be careful though skull kid could be in the same fate as Ashley thought to be in. It still asist overall

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I would like to see a double reveal of Skull Kid and Geno. With the puppeteer Skull Kid bringing back Geno from the dead. It would be fitting as heck.
I was just thinking about this last night; them having some interactions in a hypothetical Subspace 2. Perhaps even rivals or somthing? Skull Kid just wants another puppet!

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
I always found Skull Kid to be a interesting character, glad to see he might be showing up in this game
Young Link Final Smash = Fierce Deity Link
Skull Kid Final Smash = Majora's Wrath

Make it happen Nintendo!
They could show Young Link's final smash in Skull Kid's trailer

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm curious, what do you guys think his splash text will say?

I think his stage entrance has to be the way he shows up in Majora's Mask, with the mask appearing first and the Skull Kid himself a second later.
Skull Kid brings a terrible fate.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Skull Kid is one of those characters that would have a lot more support if people thought he was likely.

Top Bottom