• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Skull Kid and Geno are the only (reasonable) newcomers that I REALLY want at this point.

I haven't played Majoras Mask since it first came out, but always loved the character/design. Skull Kid is just so aesthetically pleasing. Would love to see the moveset Sakurai cooks up for him
What is funny is that both of those characters could be announced in the new direct. I have a feeling though, Geno is going to be one of those characters announced in December when game is released.

I am calling Skull Kid, Rayman, and Dixie Kong (echo) in next direct.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Do you guys think that with all the recent teasing we might get a reveal soon? Personally I don't think expecting something around Gamescom is far from reality, I mean we thought that about EVO and here we are… maybe an announcement of an announcement again about the next direct.

Also I really think that if Geno and Skull Kid were to be announced together, that trailer would have so many chances of being titled "Puppets", or dunno… what do you think would Skull kid's reveal trailer be titled as?

Edit: Since i don't want to double post, i will add this here.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/428334256/we-werent-supposed-to-take-pictures-but-here
So far no one has debunked it yet or the render in question, and the guy says he saw shadow and skull kid as playable. I'm guessing it's from a demo or something, of course it could be fake as any other leak posted in 4chan but who knows… I''m just sharing it here for the hopes of skull kid if it comes true, lol
Edit2: It's debunked, forget it

Last edited:

BelgianSmasher

Smash Rookie
Do you guys think that with all the recent teasing we might get a reveal soon? Personally I don't think expecting something around Gamescom is far from reality, I mean we thought that about EVO and here we are… maybe an announcement of an announcement again about the next direct.

Also I really think that if Geno and Skull Kid were to be announced together, that trailer would have so many chances of being titled "Puppets", or dunno… what do you think would Skull kid's reveal trailer be titled as?

Edit: Since i don't want to double post, i will add this here.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/428334256/we-werent-supposed-to-take-pictures-but-here
So far no one has debunked it yet or the render in question, and the guy says he saw shadow and skull kid as playable. I'm guessing it's from a demo or something, of course it could be fake as any other leak posted in 4chan but who knows… I''m just sharing it here for the hopes of skull kid if it comes true, lol
I think it's a fake.. Like every leaks..

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Maybe just something as simple as The Masked One, or it could even be something like The Mask and its Puppet. So far we've gotten A Piercing Screech, Vampire Killer, and The Rivals for this game, so there's no real pattern yet.

Oh man though, I'd love it if they called it Oath to Order.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I really want Skull Kid to be the next reveal, assuming he isn't debuting with Geno. I just want Skull Kid already in because he's the last character I need, the rest pipe dreams. I mean, you can even argue Skull Kid is a pipe dream.

Smash Apprentice
I really want Skull Kid too but it's been less than 2 weeks since the direct... I expect the next Direct to come in October at the earliest, and it probably won't be Smash focused.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I really want Skull Kid too but it's been less than 2 weeks since the direct... I expect the next Direct to come in October at the earliest, and it probably won't be Smash focused.
I'm expecting september direct, since we haven't gotten any "general nintendo direct" since E3 and they gotta talk about online and the upcoming games in holiday season and beyond. But who knows if we will get a reveal in such direct, maybe they won't have smash in it, who knows right now, it depends on how many newcomers have to be revealed before relase as sakurai promised and therefore how often the reveals will be in these remaining 3 months.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I also think we have to get a Direct in early September. Ostensibly they've got more than just what they showed at E3 coming this year, and they've got to show that off eventually. Plus they'll probably want to do it before TGS. Honestly I thought we might get something before Gamescom, but I guess that doesn't seem likely now.

Whenever it does happen though, we just gotta hope for that Sakurai retweet!

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and tell my idea of a Skull Kid reveal trailer

Picture the scene, It's a field that somewhat resembles Termina, the sky is ablazed,like there is a major bush fire in the area, something is seriously wrong. Small fragments of rock are falling from sky periodically.

You see various distraught Nintendo characters running away from something, Pikachu picks up a crying Pichu, puts it on his back and runs away, Peach and Daisy are seen running together. Samus is seen carrying Lucas to safety, the Fox and Falco is seen trying to evacuate them all onto the Great Fox, when suddenly, a falling rock destroys it. Bowser Jr is seen calling out for his Pa. Everyone running away. Except one, it's cuts to a young boy on a horse whizzing through the crowd. From this angle behind Young Link, we get a glimpse of the infernal Fire Ball in the sky. They arrive, Young Link gets off and indicates too Epona to run and leave. He approaches a figure standing in the field looking at the fireball.
A text box appears. The sound effects are identical to those from Majora's Mask

"So, you came?" the figure said with a slight

Young Link gets a look of determination on his face

Majora's Theme starts to play
"Tell me, did you come here as my friend? Or are you my enemy?" he turns around as he says this, the fire behind him conceals his identity, but in his shadow, two glowing eyes

Young Link draws his weapon, The camera also shows he has the Fierce Deity Mask on his belt.

"Fool, do you really think you can stop me as I am?"
Skull Kid begins to float up, slowing revealing his full identity, as he does, You get a better look at the Fireball, which is now clearly the moon
"If I'm something that can be stopped, then just try and stop me" these are his final words before his begins to Scream.

SKULL KID CLOCKS IN!!!

Gameplay begins, a remix of Majora's Battle theme is heard. He's shown to be quick and powerful. One scene pairs him with the Moon assist trophy. And the Skull Kid is seen with Young Link in a grab, pummeling him before throwing him forward.

Back to cinematic, Young Link is shown sliding across the ground and gets slammed into a rock, at this moment he reaches for his secret Weapon and he transforms into Fierce Deity. A fast paced version of Song of Healing

Back to gameplay quickly, we see Fierce deity already activated and giving a whammy on Skull Kid with a flurry of sword beams followed by a powerful strike. But before it shows him transform back into Young Link, it's back to the cinematic.

Skull Kid is seen being knocked backwards, we see Fierce Deity send out a sword beam that lands a direct hit on Skull kid knocking him out of the sky. But something remained, The Mask had remained where Skull Kid. Fierce Deity notices but before he can react, The mask sounds out a laser beam that lands a direct hit on Fierce Deity transforming him back into Young Link. Young Link weakened, attempts to shake it off, looks up and sees the blurry monstrosity of Majora's Wrath, and it's about to attack! Around this time, the song transitions into Final Hours very smoothly, implying it's a medley.

Gameplay now shows Skull Kids final smash, Skull Kid is limp on the ground behind Majora's Wrath as it sends out single whip strike to activate the Final Smash. Sending Young Link to the final boss room in MM, Majora's Wrath now unleashes barrage of whips and spinning, before finishing it with double whip backhand strike.

Cinematic again, Young Link now very injured and is seen falling from the sky on his back. We see Skull Kid on the ground too, tendrils come down and lifts Skull Kids head back into the mask. Young Link attempts to get up, but only manages to half lift his body.

"That was fun! Thanks for playing with me, but it looks like time is up, Maybe we can play again next time" music stops and Skull Kid turns around to walk towards the moon, which is now starting to strike the Earth and spread its flames engulfing Skull Kid, the camera faces the opposite the direction and begins to quickly zoom in on Young Links horrified face.

Logo appears accompanied by the screams of Young Link.
Very well done! Would love this!!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I agree but I think Nintendo will have their regular "Fall Direct" in September. We'll probably get at least 1 character announcement there. We just have to wait a few more weeks before that is announced probably.

Other than that, the Pokemon Finals are next week. This IS a small possibility they announce the Pokemon newcomer there, but I have a feeling they will save that for a Pokemon Direct or something.

Don't think anything is getting announced outside of Directs this time.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Now that Ridley and K. Rool are confirmed, I might as well jump on the Skull Kid train. MM is my favorite Zelda, so why not?

I just wanted to share a small observation. I see some people suggesting the idea that Skull Kid could be a boss, like Dracula and Rathalos. I personally don't see this happening. So far, all of the bosses in Brawl, 4 and Ultimate were also bosses in their respective games. Meanwhile, Skull Kid is never fought in Majora's Mask, so he doesn't fit that criteria. It doesn't have to mean anything, but it's interesting to note.

Also, the boss fights in Smash 4 and Ultimate seem to be more faithful to the source material, unlike Brawl (Petey Piranha swinging cages, Rayquaza being fought near a lake, Ridley being a reskin of Dyna Blade). The recent bosses are actually using attacks from their own games. This can't be done for Skull Kid, as he was never a boss.

Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but that's the fun of speculating.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Now that Ridley and K. Rool are confirmed, I might as well jump on the Skull Kid train. MM is my favorite Zelda, so why not?

I just wanted to share a small observation. I see some people suggesting the idea that Skull Kid could be a boss, like Dracula and Rathalos. I personally don't see this happening. So far, all of the bosses in Brawl, 4 and Ultimate were also bosses in their respective games. Meanwhile, Skull Kid is never fought in Majora's Mask, so he doesn't fit that criteria. It doesn't have to mean anything, but it's interesting to note.

Also, the boss fights in Smash 4 and Ultimate seem to be more faithful to the source material, unlike Brawl (Petey Piranha swinging cages, Rayquaza being fought near a lake, Ridley being a reskin of Dyna Blade). The recent bosses are actually using attacks from their own games. This can't be done for Skull Kid, as he was never a boss.

Maybe I'm looking to far into it, but that's the fun of speculating.
You're doing gods work, I never understood why people bring up the possibility of him being a boss like its likely.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
You're doing gods work, I never understood why people bring up the possibility of him being a boss like its likely.
Nevermind the size also, i dont think we've gotten "small" bosses as boss fights before. So yeah I think it's either playable or we getting trolled with an AT that hasn't been shown yet. Hopefully not the latter.

Edit: I just noticed, Rambling mushroom already does what Skull kid used to do as an AT. That and the moon being a separated AT as we already know… So maybe Skull kid is way closer to being confirmed as playable than we thought…

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Nevermind the size also, i dont think we've gotten "small" bosses as boss fights before. So yeah I think it's either playable or we getting trolled with an AT that hasn't been shown yet. Hopefully not the latter.

Edit: I just noticed, Rambling mushroom already does what Skull kid used to do as an AT. That and the moon being a separated AT as we already know… So maybe Skull kid is way closer to being confirmed as playable than we thought…
During the smash 4 days, Sakurai made sure to disconfirm skull kid early, I personally believe if he wasn't playable Sakurai would've disconfirmed him already, I mean obviously this isn't solid evidence, but it is very notable in my opinion.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
During the smash 4 days, Sakurai made sure to disconfirm skull kid early, I personally believe if he wasn't playable Sakurai would've disconfirmed him already, I mean obviously this isn't solid evidence but it is very notable in my opinion.
This, absolutely this.

He did that with Skull kid probably because he knew how crazily requested he is. We haven't seen him do again nor with any other AT so far.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So if Skull Kid made it in what would his alternate costumes be? Would they be direct references to something?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
During the smash 4 days, Sakurai made sure to disconfirm skull kid early, I personally believe if he wasn't playable Sakurai would've disconfirmed him already, I mean obviously this isn't solid evidence, but it is very notable in my opinion.
Yep

The same can be said about Isabelle and shadow for sure

And maybe Gardevoir since no sighting of that Pokémon either and is popular

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The required bosses featured in Majora's Mask, which adds to 5, a green one for Saria as a tie to the Lost Woods, a completely purple one for Majora's Incarnation/Wrath which leads to 7, and a generic black one I guess?
Okay, I like the boss costumes. Saria's not bad, Majora's not bad, but I also think we'd get some based on his TP incarnation.

Spatman

Smash Ace
As he did for Waluigi and Ashley

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Right, forgot that one, never played Twilight Princess because the tutorial scares me. At least OoT's long tutorial felt like actual stuff you're supposed to do
Heh, if long, boring tutorials scare you off, don't play Skyward Sword. :laugh: Twilight Princess isn't one of my favorites by any means, but some of its tenuous connections to Majora's Mask are nice to think about!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Heh, if long, boring tutorials scare you off, don't play Skyward Sword. :laugh: Twilight Princess isn't one of my favorites by any means, but some of its tenuous connections to Majora's Mask are nice to think about!
Ugh, I played some of SS but good god do I regret it. It has so many cool ideas but so much garbage. At least it brought in Ghirahim, my favourite Zelda villain to watch

The required bosses featured in Majora's Mask, which adds to 5, a green one for Saria as a tie to the Lost Woods, a completely purple one for Majora's Incarnation/Wrath which leads to 7, and a generic black one I guess?
Okay, I like the boss costumes. Saria's not bad, Majora's not bad, but I also think we'd get some based on his TP incarnation.
As long as the mask itself doesn't change colors! I'd be shocked if it'd happen... the Majora's Mask color palette is too iconic (for me at least).

BelgianSmasher

Smash Rookie
When Sakurai Disconfirmed him ( when = 1 week before launch, 6 month, or 2 weeks after the announcement of SSB4 ?)

Sorry if i'm not specific, but i want to know if is it very early

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Hey sorry again been thinking again. While I do want to see the Majora’s Mask on his own like his boss fight, I do like skull kid looking at him again so can I be back on the support list?

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Ugh, I played some of SS but good god do I regret it. It has so many cool ideas but so much garbage. At least it brought in Ghirahim, my favourite Zelda villain to watch
There's a lot I like about Skyward Sword, and a lot of problems too. It's a shame.

When Sakurai Disconfirmed him ( when = 1 week before launch, 6 month, or 2 weeks after the announcement of SSB4 ?)

It was in December of 2013, so about six months after the game's initial reveal.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman

So his assist was announced 7 months after the game was announced and the game was still over a year away at that point when he was announced, I think we might be already past that point relative to ultimate's announcement.

Side note, if you add all the assists from wii u to the total count of the 40 we have so far disregarding shadow Isabelle and skull kid, we would have over 50, the significance of this is that sakurai said that this game has "over 50 assist trophies" so that puts us in a good spot.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
So his assist was announced 7 months after the game was announced and the game was still over a year away at that point when he was announced, I think we might be already past that point relative to ultimate's announcement.

Side note, if you add all the assists from wii u to the total count of the 40 we have so far disregarding shadow Isabelle and skull kid, we would have over 50, the significance of this is that sakurai said that this game has "over 50 assist trophies" so that puts us in a good spot.
I mean, at this point it's more or less guaranteed Skull Kid won't be an assist trophy anymore.
He will be a playable fighter, or a boss, or the new Isaac (disappeared from the game on a whole)

I would bet on the first option, even if on the other hand it's still seems to me too good to be true

Last edited:

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
So I decided to create my own Lil' take on how the reveal for skull kid would play out. Probably won't be that good but, meh.

So say this takes place right after the King K. Rool reveal trailer. The scene opens with a treetop view of a forest, before panning down to show an exhausted King Dedede crawling out of water onto land. Dedede pulls himself onto land a bit further before his head collapses at the exact time that we see King K. Rool destroy Donkey Kong Island in the very far distance. Dedede stands up and dusts himself off before walking on ahead. Dedede ventures on through the forest before he trips over something, falling to the ground.

Dedede stands up and turns around to find Majora's Mask lying on the ground. By now, the sky has gotten darker and It's much later. Dedede stumbles over to Majora's Mask, and picks it up, before inspecting it. Dedede takes out his Metal "Masked Dedede" mask, before comparing the two. He shrugs and brings the mask close to his face, but Dedede hears a stick snap, causing him to turn around. He looks around before turning back to find that the Mask is no longer in his hands, triggering an eye-pop expression.

Dedede hears that Iconic laugh, and starts frantically looking around. A pair of eyes light up behind Dedede in the darkness, causing Dedede to notice and turn around. The eyes rapidly charge towards Dedede, as Dedede sighs, before being knocked off his feet yet again, leaving him unconscious. The eyes stare down at Dedede before darting upwards, as a chain flies right by the eyes. The screen pans over, revealing Young Link, retracting his hookshot, and pulling out his sword. A darker and more mysterious remix of Majora's theme begins playing as fire appears behind the Glowing eyes, revealing the source. A shadow of Skull kid floats menacingly before the fire. The splash screen shows, followed by the gameplay, and the final cinematic arrives. Young Link flies backwards, smacking on the ground, as skull kid Floats in his sitting position, before cackling. A text box appears with the words "You really think you can beat me..." as Skull kid drops to the ground, landing on his feet. Young Link pulls out the fierce deity mask, placing it on his face. The Smash logo appears, accompanied by the first few seconds of the song of healing.

Edit: I honestly didn't think this would get that many likes, so thank you guys. I appreciate it

Last edited:

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Awesome takes on the potential reveal guys. It's only been 11 days since the direct but it feels like ages until the next potential character reveal. I'm guessing September there will be a direct to go over online services as well as some fall/winter game lineups. I'm hoping there will be at least 1 character shown in September

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/428389449/smash-ultimate-leak

Sounds too good to be true in most of parts, but obviously it's gonna be fake like the rest. Can't say I didn't have fun reading it tho… *sighs*
I'd feel cheated if Giygas was the "Retro" pick. He should just go under "Earthbound/Mother".
Why would not Geno be the retro? He is the most retro of them all. Even King K. Rool could classify as "Retro".
Just something I don't think Sakurai would do. (Not the inclusion, but the classification)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Brawl battle field!! please be true, that one was always my favorite.

Also this image of the skull kid the leaker put was sick.
The funniest thing is I already have that as my desktop… it was kinda creepy to see it being used in the leak lmao i just love that pict so much.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
lownine-mujura2x.jpg

Is this by the same artist? I found it on the same page looking for the first one

Might make a good android background

Top Bottom