• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 2/GGACXX

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Do any other smashers besides Xif play these games? I'm gonna pick these up as competitive fighters, so any tips or advice to help me get started would be great. (P.S I'm fairly decent in MVC2) Oh and post here, pm me, or hit me up on AIM if you want to play me. I only have one copy for the Ps2 of MVC2. :laugh:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
lets see

mvc2 tips:

tip 1 - go find a dreamcast copy of it, ps2 has framerate drops (which is why it's not played on ps2 in tourney

tip 2 - if that's all you're going to settle with, hope you have a stick.

ggac tips:

tip 1 - try every character before you pick one, lol
tip 2 - find somebody decent-or-amazing who plays your character and get tips from them from now on
tip 3 - if tip 2 cannot be completed, go to dustloop.com

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I play Marvel. Jacksonville has some insane playerssssss

I havent played anyone in GG here yet.
People at TILT are crazy good, if that's who you mean. Too bad it's one of the only arcades in Jax...

Guilty Gear is too fun. I'm determined to be da best ABA in North Florida...

...Not really. I usually get whooped because my sister uses broken characters (read: Eddie and Testament. >_>).

Brawl and MvC are the only fighting games I can hold my own in, really. War Machine + Megaman = broke. Actually War Machine + anyone is a good team.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Megaman + Ryu = Win.

Megaman + Venom = Win.

Strider + Jin = Sex.

Megaman + Jin= Ghey

Megaman + Morrigan = Good.

Morrigan + Chun-Li = Crushed with large thighs.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I don't play marvel vs capcom. But i do love some GGAC pluss I play with venom and currently working on a secondary

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Why? For having an opinion?

LOL.

I'd play it, but I think, from what I've seen, I'd get bored in a few matches. Seems like the matches go over too soon.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I agree, BlazBlue doesn't seem all that thrilling. Only because of the cast, to me. Like, I'll give it a shot which I do with everything, but I doubt I'll get into it.

I mean, Robo-Ky is the only thing keeping me playing GG. Is that bad? Probably. BUT I FEEL NO SHAME.
ATATKATTATAKATK ROOBOOO KYYY ANNANAUNAUN KADABDABDABDBA

oh, and Faust.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
@ Laijin - MvC2 for the dreamcast (let alone finding a dreamcast) is really, really hard and the guys I talk to say the Ps2 version is the next runner up, so I kinda have no real choice but to stick with it.

And I decided to main Jam/Slayer in GG. So far...all I can manage to do is the very standard combo with Jam and also her dustball cancel. I still suck at it, so I definitely need someone to teach me to play.

황미영

Smash Champion
Yeah, BlazBlue is where it's at! It's an easier game to pick up from the two. And it's really fun for a fighter. :D

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Everyone in NC plays GG and MvC2. No one plays smash. Except Dr. PP. He doesn't play other fighters.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know good Venom Combos? I play Venom/Mega Man. I can combo really well with Mega Man. But not Venom. I can get his Ground Magic Series, but that's it...

In MvC2, from what I've played, I play Sakura/Venom/MegaMan.

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
If anyone is getting MvC2 on xbla add "SRK MvC2 FoF". Think of this account as an address book, where you can find other Marvel players. If this is successful I will keep the account going.

xXxCMONEYxXx

Smash Rookie
Yo jason I play both of those games. I'll bring may stick next time I go to zp and maybe can get a game. I play jam for ggac and santhrax for mvc2

M@v

Subarashii!
I use several teams, but Im trying to get good with:

Iron Man
Sentinel
Cable.

I'm also good with
Hayato
Megaman
Spiderman(GET @ ME WITH THE ****TY GUY)

Or any combination of the 6.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
lol Digging up my old thread. I didn't think anyone cared. But yeah Justin; I main Jam too, still trying to work with it, the only problem is I don't own the game for Ps2, and it's pretty hard to find a copy and a working stick. As far as Marvel I still main Spider-man, Guile, and Akuma.

Top Bottom