• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MARVEL Mafia - Over - Tomjester wins! - Inactivity abandoned

Handorin

Smash Hero
It really could be anyone in the Marvel universe. I just remembered this:
“As you can see, Iron Man is dead. Like Mr. Stark, each of you has been chosen to partake in a little… a little game I’m hosting. I’m hoping the rest of you will be more complacent. After all, your lives are on the line. Your identities and former alliances have been compromised. This is no world of Marvel superheroes. This is… Marvel Mafia.”

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
That's a ludicrous way for us to try to find scum.
I was just putting my two cents in. I have not switched my vote to tom. I'm just saying that tom has actually given us a way out of our 'no lynch' thing that was going around. I think someone should be lynched on day one, but if we cant decide who then why don't we lynch tom? Worst case scenario, he dies. But it solves our dilemma of choosing someone on little to no information. Then during night one a cop can investigate someone, and whoever else does night actions can do theirs. Start of day two, tom is back...or not. But some of us have more information to act on and the struggle continues.

Its not more ludicrous than assuming that just because its MAHVEL BABEEE that there has to be a SK.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I don't think Wolverine would be a jester but I don't think Wolverine is that risky of a nameclaim. I didn't expect to see any X-Men in here since this is Civil War based and the X-Men weren't really in that, although we're also in some nether-dimension or something so whatever.
Ah, you're right. I'd forgotten about the X-Men's role (or lack of a role) in the series.

This makes Tom's claim somewhat less convincing, although I still don't find it particularly suspicious.

Dude, in every game where I was town that finished I have been absolutely right with my picks, I mean look at SPMII i had accused every mafia member based solely on my gut by the time I was lynched on day 2 (and not by just throwing accusations all around, the only mistake I made was voting for dr. twist day one when my feelings where split between him and the godfather.)
Please take a look at this post, and attempt to reconcile it with your perfect deductive skills. You get two of five right, and those two were the ones you were less suspicious of.

I'm not going to say that you're a bad mafia player, or even that you're not really good at figuring out who's mafia and who's not. Frankly, I don't pay enough attention to your votes (or anyone else's) to know. However, I think your insistence that you're some sort of human lie detector is ludicrous. And, honestly, it's more than a little bit annoying.

So please, stop acting like we're all idiots for failing to act on your every hunch and suspicion.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Well first of all I tried to nail the mafia godfather hardcore day 2, in fact I went after him exclusively and with extreme prejudice, but I digress. The fact that I'm always right is sort of a running gag that I find to be very amusing, I am clearly aware that I am not always right, if I was I'd be god, but I find that in all aspects of life acting without doubt or second guessing yourself (provided your are either knowledgeable enough or lucky enough) is almost always a good policy and leaves your much more satisfied at the end off the day regardless of the outcome.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well first of all I tried to nail the mafia godfather hardcore day 2, in fact I went after him exclusively and with extreme prejudice, but I digress. The fact that I'm always right is sort of a running gag that I find to be very amusing, I am clearly aware that I am not always right, if I was I'd be god, but I find that in all aspects of life acting without doubt or second guessing yourself (provided your are either knowledgeable enough or lucky enough) is almost always a good policy and leaves your much more satisfied at the end off the day regardless of the outcome.
yeah, tunnelvision is always good.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dude, in every game where I was town that finished I have been absolutely right with my picks, I mean look at SPMII i had accused every mafia member based solely on my gut by the time I was lynched on day 2 (and not by just throwing accusations all around, the only mistake I made was voting for dr. twist day one when my feelings where split between him and the godfather.)
I'll post on what I read up afterwards but you're a gigantic ***got and you're wrong ALL the time, might I remind you of two games where your gut said I was mafia and one time I was the cop and one time I was a roleblocker. Yeah your gut is ******** now stfu and try and learn something from posts, you're not some kind of Mafia God you're actually one of the worse players in the field we have right now.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm genuinely not angry but don't talk like you run this game with your gut, It just pisses me off especially when you're not even close to having a winning track record. I swear your like an extended mafia troll because you say that every game. But yeah that's my two cents. I'll read over everything now.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I was just putting my two cents in. I have not switched my vote to tom. I'm just saying that tom has actually given us a way out of our 'no lynch' thing that was going around. I think someone should be lynched on day one, but if we cant decide who then why don't we lynch tom? Worst case scenario, he dies. But it solves our dilemma of choosing someone on little to no information. Then during night one a cop can investigate someone, and whoever else does night actions can do theirs. Start of day two, tom is back...or not. But some of us have more information to act on and the struggle continues.

Its not more ludicrous than assuming that just because its MAHVEL BABEEE that there has to be a SK.
No, I was talking to spam and you just happened to post right before me. Speaking of that, spam, you're wasting our time.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Thoughts:

I never really had proof that Lance was an SK. His list and ratio of townie/scum/indy had more than 1 indys, so I called him a SK. Really people, I mentioned the SK before he did, but you all jumped on him for it.

Lombardi, you chastise people for wasting our time but then you only rehash what has been said or you don't post anything else.

We shouldn't spend our time arguing about spam_master. Don't assume he is mafia just because of the way he plays. I've been reading Natirasha's games on mafiascum, and although Natirasha always plays a certain way (pro-scum even if he's pro-town, always lurks day 2, is a complete ******), people are still able to concentrate and sift through what is his playstyle and what are scumtells. Obviously arrogance or confidence in his gut are not scumtells for spam_master, but could be for someone else.

Handorin talked about my role as if I had killing power, which is wrong. I can survive a single lynch, its like an automatic governor's pardon. I am absolutely positive that it is better for me to roleclaim earlier in the game than later, because I am not immune to night kills. If I were night killed early in the game by the mafia or something, then I would lose the opportunity to give the town the benefit of my role -- a free lynch in which we obtain information without fear of lynching a townie on accident.

I am starting to worry, however, that if we do not lynch me and lynch someone else in my stead, that the mafia will night kill me because I am a guaranteed pro-town target. With the town knowing I am pro-town, I am basically no longer a lynch target, meaning they would have to get rid of me their own way instead of relying on the town to do it for them. Then the town would never benefit from my role, because I am not immune to night kills. =/ I am not a bomb like Leonidas was.

unvote
vote: Tom

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Nobody's posted for a while and I don't want a deadline to kick in.

I don't think Tom is a bomb/Leonidas guy, it would be pretty dumb to sacrifice himself to kill someone he suspected was mafia based on Day 1 suspicions. He'd be advocating the lynch of a tonwie (himself) as well as killing someone who is probably town. And I really doubt he'd have both the power to kill when lynched AND survive a lynch.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm just posting to let you know that I really haven't read the last few pages, last thing I saw was Tom claiming to be Wolverine. I'll post later

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Theres is no reason for any of you to be this inactive. Don't make me ask the random questions.

@Mediocre: What do you think about my roleclaim?

@KevinM: Have you drawn any connections between players?

@Handorin: Do you think anyone is acting scummily? Why?

@Mr.Lombardi: I accused you of rehashing known information. That is scummy. Are you going to respond to that claim?

@pikachun00b7: You were the target of a lot of Day 1 jokevoting. Do you think any of those people were actually bandwagoning on you? Are you worried about any of those accusations?

@<3: What do you think about a no lynch Day 1?

@Breakwing: What do you think about a random lynch?

@Lance87: Can you explain why you had such a skewed estimation of town/scum/indy?

@Eor: Is there anyone you would like to lynch?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Rehashing information? I did that once, saying how Lance looked kinda shady. This was when everybody was discussing who to lynch and whether or not to vote for Tom. I was simply stating my stance on who was the best candidate for a lynch, and backing it up by rehashing some stuff that had been said. I wasn't going to just say "I am suspicious of Lance." and walk away, I had to put some kind of evidence on it.

Did that answer your question well enough?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I believe Tom's unveiling and self vote is a trap, but I am unsure of whether it is aimed at town of mafia. I'll have to wait and see some more to gain a better opinion.

And I also believe some people are not posting or voting because that may be their part.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Ah, you're right. I'd forgotten about the X-Men's role (or lack of a role) in the series.

This makes Tom's claim somewhat less convincing, although I still don't find it particularly suspicious.
I've never read the series, but a quick google search gave me this. That'd make it a little more believable, wouldn't it?

I believe Tom's unveiling and self vote is a trap, but I am unsure of whether it is aimed at town of mafia.
I really don't see any harm in lynching Tom at this point, it isn't likely that he's a bomb, so how do you see it as a trap?

Im not comparing it directly between players, just the role (kind of...I guess). Leo did wait, while Tom did not. Leo told us everything about his role, Tom might have not. There is no way to tell until he is actually out of the game or the game ends. So yes, if he actually has that ability, it would indeed be smart to wait to pull out that card.
Which is why I find it likelier that Tom isn't lying about his role.

I don't find Lance very suspicious. He's already admitted that his first guess was a little off, so I don't see why others are holding it over his head. I think Lance's posts were mainly to generate discussion, as Day 1 is usually kinda like awkward foreplay of suspicion to the Midgame's juicy eruption of information and facts. As for people thinking it's suspicious that he mentioned a Serial Killer, it isn't. Like I said, there's plenty of room in this game for an SK or any other Independent role, denying that is just wishful thinking. I'd say it's likely that most of us have considered that there could be one, and Lance was just the first to say it. Sometimes people look too deep into these things and this seems like one of those situations.

That's not to say that I don't want to see Lance's answer to what people have accused him of, as well as what everybody has to say to Tom's questioning, which is why I'm not voting yet.

Also, this Spam Master bashing is silly, he's not going to change his playstyle or get offended over little things like this and post some hilarious reaction like some are hoping, so I really see no point. Normally I wouldn't care, but it annoys me to see people posting just to complain about his playstyle and contribute nothing to the game.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah but bashing Spam_Master relieved some of my stress :|.

@Inactives.. where the hell are you guys? It feels like there are maybe 5 people in this game.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
What do you think about a no lynch Day 1?
I'm usually agianst no lynching, but I think it a better alternative to a baseless guesses. Even killing wolverine would be better than random guesses... I actually suspect that he may be mafia despite that ability... names and role calls are never proof of alignment.

Pikachu will still hold my vote though I see him as more mafia like than anyone at the moment. I may switch over to tom with a little more convincing.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Snap out of your man crush, Tom!

And Marshigio, I only say that because I am wary of too much initiative by one person on the first day. While I think Tom is more likely than not a townie, there are still some possibilities, especially knowing Tom's obsession with mafia strategies.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Also, if Tom is lynched, what happens if his occupation isn't revealed because of his power? That would not bode well for us. A small possibility, but more rare things have happened.

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
@Breakwing: What do you think about a random lynch?
I don't think we should random lynch. If you are Wolverine and you can survive this lynch, then I agree that we lynch you and let the cop and whoever do their work.

I really don't see any harm in lynching Tom at this point, it isn't likely that he's a bomb, so how do you see it as a trap?
Besides, I thought a bomb only went off if nightkilled, right?

So, without further ado

Unvote
Vote: Tomkitty

Virgilijus

BRoomer
But we do not know if Tom (being who he claims he is) would be dead if we hanged him and then come back or just survive the hanging. Potentially a mute point, but potentially not.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
My bad. I got my prod PM.

Someone do a recap so I don't have to read 200 posts <3
Tom said he was a mutant. Lance87 made a list of what he thinks is the Mafia:14 ratio. Spam made assposts. He got flamed. And we probably will lynch Tom.

Also, I will be on vacation for a few days starting Sunday. It seems like Tom is being lynched, so to speed it up:
unvote lance
vote Tom

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't like your lackadaisical way of lynching Pikachun00b are you going to give and background? Or are you just band wagon voting without an opinion?

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I've never read the series, but a quick google search gave me this. That'd make it a little more believable, wouldn't it?
No, not really.

The point is that there is a specific point in the Civil War plot where this game begins, and the X-Men were not around at that point. Logically, they should not be in this game.

Now, I'm not saying that makes Tom a liar. I'm really not sure. I'm beginning to suspect he's some sort of mafia bomb, which will kill townies when we lynch him. However, I have no real concrete proof of this. It's just that he's pushing for his lynch so hard, and not even trying to find suspicious things about others.

Also, I think the way he's using his role is not the best way he could have used it, and therefore he might not actually have the role he claims to have. If I were him, I would have tried to survive until late or middle game, then done slightly suspicious crap in an attempt to lure out the mafia and get them to vote for him. Not tell us all about his ability as soon as possible.

I also don't understand why he would be unable to reveal himself as Wolverine until we figured out that he was. I know I don't have any restriction like that on my role, and I'm not familiar with any corresponding trait of Wolverine's character from the comic books.

Frankly, I'm getting more and more doubtful that Tom is who he says he is. None of these pieces is enough by themselves to make me think he's scum, but taken together I think they make him look very suspicious.

@Mediocre: What do you think about my roleclaim?
Well, I suppose you know now.

Sorry Tom. :(

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
I don't like your lackadaisical way of lynching Pikachun00b are you going to give and background? Or are you just band wagon voting without an opinion?
I would like a lynch before monday. Lance's prediction is not strong enough to assume he is scum, anyway. I said on my post (the one where I voted Lance) that voting either Lance or Tom had their pros&cons. So I did not think that I had to give a reason for my vote for Tom since I already did. I just decided to take less of a risk on Day 1. Nothing wrong with that.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Sorry guys, I was at a friends (bowling, smash, etc) for the past day for his birthday.

Tomkitty said:
@Handorin: Do you think anyone is acting scummily? Why?
I voted Pika before because of the bandwanding, that is never good. The seemingly flustered play? From what I've seen in other games, that is usually from inexperianced mafia (scum) players. (I dont know how experienced he is though). (If he is mafia) I believe he is trying to push the lynch for Tom in hopes the night kill will finish him off.

I leave for frisbee soon. I hope the weather is nice. Nice and cool with a breeze. Clouds would be nice too.

Handorin

Smash Hero
A storm is a comn?! *checks weather* You lie. It does call for 10-20mph winds though.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Ok guys, I can see that people were wondering about my little predictions.

Like I'm pretty sure i've already said (not too sure actually =/ ) it was based off of speculation. As for me putting 2 indy roles in, even in the second draft, is just common sense really. I'm pretty sure that most all of you would agree that in a game this big, there has to be at least 2 indy roles. 1 or 2 being my best guess (I emphasize guess, lol, you guys think too hard), but 3 would be pushing it.

As for Tom, he could possibly have been trying to divert attention away from himself, and then taking it back later because he second guessed himself, i dunno.

Request for official vote count please mackloud

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
@KevinM- I was voting purely off of gut instinct. I stated in my post exactly why I voted, because he was acting the weirdest.

Those predictions were partially for future reference btw, I wanna see how that theory holds up after this game is over. I think I said that earlier?? I dunno, that would require reading =)

I promise i'm gonna try and be more active guys. After I get a vote count, i'm gonna reread everything the person with the most votes posted and i'm gonna bandwagon vote if they're suspicious to me.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Tomcat (3): Tomcat, Breakwing, pikachun00b7
pikachun00b7 (2): Lance87, <3,
<3 (1): spam_master
Handorin (1): KevinM
Lance87 (1): tmw_redcell
Not Voting (6): Handorin, Virgilijus, Mediocre, Marshigio, Eor, Mr.Lombardi34

8 to lynch, deadline still remains. Apologies for the miscount earlier. Schleepy.

"And here we....go."

Top Bottom