• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's stupidly powerful tipper is back

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS. I love Marth.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Would it be missing the point to say 'at least the whole sword doesn't do that'?

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Seriously though, if the tipper weren't powerful, the overall attack would be pointless. I hate to see players that know better hate on characters.

*edit*

Okay, I should have watched the vid first. A 70% KO from mid stage in a game were the average KO percentage is past 100 is ********. This is coming from a Marth main. They need to fix that in the US version.

-SynikaL

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
As if enough people didn't play Marth already.

-although he is in my sig, that is just cause I more or less CAN use him. I hate to use Marth and I rarely do. I hate playing Marth more than any other character.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Tipper F-Smash in a highfloaty setting KOing at 57% doesn't shock me, honestly.

It's probably also his high end KO move. Similar to how Dedede could have done the same move (Dedede's F-Smash) at about 30% and gotten the same result (Maybe less, depending on how much more flight distance the Flying Arena causes).

Marth's Tippers on a few of his moves will probably be his high ends on the list (I do plan on completing the Famitsu list when I get Brawl... I saved it in Txt format listing all the dummy no DI data).

However you can't use ANYTHING in Flying arena as a basis for cheapness. Did you see how far his Shield Breaker Thrust went?

Raym

Smash Apprentice
Tipper F-Smash don't KOed Pikachu with 67% in the 06:04 in Corneria probably the difference is because the Flying Arena so the tipper is powerful but no THAT powerful.

Pika D-Smash to Thunder :D

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it looks like Marth is going to have **** matchups against half of the roster again. Joy. :/

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Marth, BROKEN?

NEW AND EXCITING!

What the hell were they thinking. An undodgeable, one hit KO FS, reduced lag, and now THIS? **** this ****.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Even though he does have the tipper, the range has been reduced quite a bit. It still looks like Marth is one of the better characters though, at least from what I've seen and knowing he's retained most of his moves and characteristics. Being a Marth main since the beginning of Melee, I'm pleased...but I can see why Ryoko is sad :(

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
you guys are retarted, marth does NOT need his tip, which gives him a super move.

there are chars that need a super move, and chars that don't. Dedede needs it since hes a slow char and needs it to compete, Ike needs it for the same reason as Dedede, Zelda needs it since she isn't the fastest moving char and has low range, BUT MARTH DOES NOT NEED IT.

that's what broke chars in melee in the first place GIVING FAST CHARS SUPER POWERFUL MOVES, THEY DON'T NEED THEM!!! WHAT ARE THE COMPENSATING FOR? We have 2 fast chars have super moves, Marth and Cfalcon (his knee).

oh well , if we still have any faith in the devs, mabye they were allowed to still have super moves to compensate for their nerfs.(marth's range has been nerfed and his recovery has been supernerfed, Cfalcon was made slower).

PS: ganon's best moves in melee were nerfed, I hope we find a super move in the rest of his moves.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Probably... but go tell that to the devs. I mean, the game looked pretty balanced, until Marth came along with all this bull**** and ruined everything.

I know it's impossible to perfectly balance a game, but with Marth, it's like they didn't even try.

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
Probably... but go tell that to the devs. I mean, the game looked pretty balanced, until Marth came along with all this bull**** and ruined everything.

I know it's impossible to perfectly balance a game, but with Marth, it's like they didn't even try.
c'mon, it's not like he has chaingrabs or U-Tilt chains anymore. And plus we haven't even seen if his F-smash's hitbox hits under the stage yet, so his edguard might not be overkill like it was in melee.

Let's calm down and experiment some more before we call the game bull ****.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
The Tipper does look insane. BUT, it looks like one way the devs are trying to balance him is by making it so that you HAVE to kill with the Tipper. I saw Marth f-smash Pika at like, 120, or something, and it barely did anything to Pikachu because it wasn't Tipped.

Although, this time around, it seems like a lot more characters are good too, so it may also be balanced because everyone is better, making the gap smaller between the characters.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
The Tipper does look insane. BUT, it looks like one way the devs are trying to balance him is by making it so that you HAVE to kill with the Tipper. I saw Marth f-smash Pika at like, 120, or something, and it barely did anything to Pikachu because it wasn't Tipped.

Although, this time around, it seems like a lot more characters are good too, so it may also be balanced because everyone is better, making the gap smaller between the characters.
it only took that long for the kill cuz everyone in the game has an overall better recovery due to lighter characters in general. it would take pika even longer before he got enough damage on the marth to do something like that.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Now wait, that's only his F-smash right? What about his OTHER attacks? Namely his tilts? Those better be nerfed.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Oh come on, it's no fun when only a few characters are worth using in tournaments. =(

Although I dunno, I'm hoping that the fact he can't ledgeguard too well anymore is enough to keep him balanced.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Are you guys blind or something. Please take note of the stage transformation this was done on, and the horrible DI of the pikachu. Look how far Marth was sent from Pikachu's down smash at 0% at 4:07 and how far Marth's Bair sent pikachu at 4:10.

It's that particular form of the stage that made Marth's f-smash do that. Marth's f-smash was not that powerful, it was the work of the stage making the characters much much lighter.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That would be a tremendous relief. Thanks for being observant. =)

WAAASSSUUUPP

Smash Apprentice
Nice to see some competitive vids, even though they lack sound. Tipper still is awesome =]

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Yeah, maybe I jumped to conclusions. I'm still gonna use Marth in a non-competitive way just because of his awesome Final Smash though... XD

Me: "All your base are belong to us!" *Does Marth's FS*
My friend: O_O "Wait, what the--" O_O DEAD?!

Hahaha! XD

okiyama

Smash Ace
Am I the only one to notice that this is on the space level so you need less of a hit to go further?

Gravity is reduced so Marth's tipper seems over powered but in reality is not that over powered.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Yeah well you're not the 1st one to mention it... and yeah, it doesn't seem *that* overpowered... especially since hitting with the tip isn't always easy.

Alright, alright, I admit, I *****ed and moaned for nothing! :p

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Are you guys blind or something. Please take note of the stage transformation this was done on, and the horrible DI of the pikachu. Look how far Marth was sent from Pikachu's down smash at 0% at 4:07 and how far Marth's Bair sent pikachu at 4:10.

It's that particular form of the stage that made Marth's f-smash do that. Marth's f-smash was not that powerful, it was the work of the stage making the characters much much lighter.
Yeah, I said that already.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
That vid made me laugh. First, Marth trips just running forward, then three seconds later, he grabs the ledge while completely backwards and quite a few feet away.

Top Bottom