• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's fair and physics adjustments

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
MK's right. Removing frames 7 and 8 is easily the least intrusive option as far as both coding and gameplay are concerned. It's literally just changing the sync timers. The animation won't look weird at all, because it wouldn't remove any frames from the animation. The only cause for concern would be people complaining about not being able to hit anything very far below waist height. But since that's the biggest trouble spot in terms of abusable hitboxes, they might just have to deal with it.

I'm in full agreement that neither the current nor former duration of fair should factor into the decisions about how to change the physics. We should set them first (preferrably in ASM only) and then look at how fair stacks up in the new settings before deciding whether or not to revert the IASA.

Veril

Frame Savant
Unless we redo animations (*cough*SHeLL*cough*), option 6 would look a bit odd I guess. By odd I really mean the animation would no longer fit the hitboxes' present. F-smash isn't entirely fixed in this issue (and it never will be in B+) and Cape removed the U-tilt hitbox shifts, so I don't really think Marth needs another move where the animation is deceptive (unlike Snake, it's at Marth's disadvantage).
I agree, we should make sure the animation is adjusted to the new f-air. This change would bring back SH/FHDF and all of his fair followups. I really think this is the best fix for fair. If Marth is FHDFing, the hitbox won't be able to create the same wall. It accomplishes everything without hurting fair as a combo starter.

Is there really no way to change the physics without making Marth even more alien or increase his combo resistance (lolno)...

shanus

Smash Hero
I agree, we should make sure the animation is adjusted to the new f-air. This change would bring back SH/FHDF and all of his fair followups. I really think this is the best fix for fair. If Marth is FHDFing, the hitbox won't be able to create the same wall. It accomplishes everything without hurting fair as a combo starter.

Is there really no way to change the physics without making Marth even more alien or increase his combo resistance (lolno)...
You can always increase or decrease gravity and compensate with weight alterations, but then your seriously toying with horizontal KO death percents

Also +1 to removing the 7+ frame hitboxes. Give it a whirl and test it out, its literally a 1 second alteration in PSA. Like literally 1 second.

Top Bottom