• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's counters

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Pit, Pit, Pit, and.....oh yea Pit counters marth pretty well. His arrows keep marth away until he wants to go in for a ko with his cheap double hit smash attacks. (yea, i'm sure you can tell i don't like pit) The other characters that counter marth are anyone with a projectile.

Fou-Ru

Smash Rookie
however carfull if ur playing against a common marth (i mean a friend u usually play) cause hes gonna get exp to play against ppl with projectiles and that would give u more trouble, so gl hf ^^

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Pit's arrows do 3-4 damage before decay kicks in and his fsmash's range is terrible. Just learn to roll, play offensively. Pit has slightly less range with his attacks meaning if you space it right, not only can he not hit you, but you'll sweetspot the sword a lot. Gimp pit in the air, despite having wings, he has 3 jumps (while in the air) and an upB which doesn't come back if he gets hit.

Smash Apprentice
I have problems against some Falco's, because of their lasers. ROB also has pretty good aerials, making Marth's air game harder to pull off. Look at Emblem Lord's thread for more info on this, it's pretty good.

down b is Marth's counter. jk.
I really like to use Zelda against Marth since he really can't do too much unless they are experienced because Zelda out ranges him most of the time. I also like gimping with Jigglypuff and edgeguarding him with Sonic.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
1.Metakinght he one of the few characther that can chase marth(UNHEARD OF!!!!).

2.Ness his Fair can beat Marth's Fair forsome reason and has some ranged moves.

3.ROB he's the newb killer many newbs have a hard time countering his roll combos but in a while they will get use to it and pwn you mabye(srry to rob Mains).

Anything else Marth can go even or better with.

As for falco marth can break out of his chain grab and math's moves come out a faster then his i would say falco and marth are even.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
The only person that can counter Marth, besides Marth, is Ike.

Seriously though, I've heard Pit is indeed Marth's worst match-up.

AuraMarth

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link and Pit can be trouble with the balance of projectiles and good melee movesets.

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
IMO Falco and Snake. Snake has a lot of projectiles, takes a while to die and kills earlier than Marth I think. Falco has pretty speedy lasers, the chain grab (ugh!) and the Shine so you can't space against him...

Pit is about even with Marth imo, since arrows don't do that much of a damage and Marth ca airdodge/perfectshield them. Marth is also faster on foot and outrages Pit in his moves so Pit certainly needs to be careful. Pit is most certainly not Marth's worst match up.

Meta Knight is about even with Marth imo.

The thing is, Marth beats most projectile spammers at Close Combat, so yeah. Zelda wouldn't be too good of a weapon against Marth as Din's Fire can be dodged without that much of a problem and Marth destroys her at close game.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The only person that can counter Marth, besides Marth, is Ike.

Seriously though, I've heard Pit is indeed Marth's worst match-up.
That's definately not what I've experienced. It's just a lot of shielding and walking foward. It's annoying, but not dificult.

Now Snake and Falco on the other hand. Those matchups really make me think.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
SAMUS! LOLOLOLOL j/k... In all seriousness, I'd say Pikachu. Falco's projectile only hits if he's level with you. Pikachu's can hit when he's above you. Also, Pikachu's fsmash outranges your fair, or pretty much anything you can do on the ledge. Thunder and dsmash **** Marth.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
SAMUS! LOLOLOLOL j/k... In all seriousness, I'd say Pikachu. Falco's projectile only hits if he's level with you. Pikachu's can hit when he's above you. Also, Pikachu's fsmash outranges your fair, or pretty much anything you can do on the ledge. Thunder and dsmash **** Marth.
Smash DI out of the d-smash. Shield/spotdodge/airdodge the F-smash since it's really slow. Jab the thunder bolt. Pikachu really doesn't have that much range except for downsmash and foward smash, both of which have very little effect when the Marth player actually pays attention.

Aznox99

Smash Rookie
Wolf always spells troubles with my Marth since he can disrupt combos so easily.

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is not to difficult as long as you can edgeguard well. Although I believe Pikachu has been buffed I still don't believe that he poses much of a threat to Marth, it just requires proper timing and spacing, of course with a dash of mindgames sprinkled on top.

R3v3nant

Smash Cadet
I'd say Rob, pit and a good ike would be counters against marth. Rob and ike have decent power and pit has his sparrows and homo daggers.

Top Bottom