• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth

Status
Not open for further replies.

serazac25

Smash Rookie
Give Marth the FE12 design, and his Melee/Project M move list, even though I like the Brawl Shield Breaker, I think his slashing SBreaker is better. Maybe a better forward b, like keep his dance but just make it better I guess, he doesn't need that much changes.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, they better use Marth's FE12 design in this game. While I expect Awakening assets to be all over the place (That Stage, Chrom, etc) It just isn't as cool as Marth's classic look.

Also, I wouldn't look at that Whiteboard drawing as confirmation. The team was just having a little fun during a break, and it shouldn't be used as a prediction for Smash 4.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I like both but I like Shadow Dragon one better.......HE GOT THEM MUSCLES MON!!!!!!!!.......But I'm fine if they choose FE:Awakening but seriously.....that muscle...... :marth:HE GOT THEM MUSCLES :>

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I only hated Lucina because she was pretending to be Marth which made me mad and pretended like she never existed :> but if she's a alt costume for Marth I'd find it weird actually and I wouldn't like it either :/ but that picture I guess we can say that Meta Knight,Wario,Mr.Game and Watch, and Marth are confirmed o3o. If Ike isn't in I'm gonna shot somebody :|

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shadow Dragon's design was more rough. I liked that personally. His FE12 design is indeed the best overall. And that game got greatly received in Japan I think. Much better than Shadow Dragon, though I liked that game despite it's shortcomings of modern features as supports, resque, little character development... It was too much of a remake, but I replayed it multiple times.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Shadow Dragon's design was more rough. I liked that personally. His FE12 design is indeed the best overall. And that game got greatly received in Japan I think. Much better than Shadow Dragon, though I liked that game despite it's shortcomings of modern features as supports, resque, little character development... It was too much of a remake, but I replayed it multiple times.
The reclass system was pretty fun to mess around with in Shadow Dragon but New Mystery was handled alot less like a remake, and I think thats why it got as good as it did.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'd like to see what design they give him. I mean, the face of Fire Emblem needs to look epic when slashing others.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
From what I've seen of FE12, Marth's personality gets portraited a lot better. And has more character development. He also looks the most mature of all Marth designs. And the whole game was basically in glory to him. He should be the same in Smash I feel. King Marth, Hero King of the Fire Emblem universe. I feel his look in FE12 represents that best.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Playing FE12 actually now, and damn, Marth is cool. I want that design, and that personality portraited in Smash. Mature, but metrosexual as ****. It's quite fitting, both his Smash personality and Fire Emblem personality. Plus, if he's designed after that he's likely to keep his Japanese voice. And I guess that's cool.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Marth is, in my eyes, the best-designed character in Smash to date. He's epic, elegant, and is top tier without relying on questionable tactics.

I just hope that the physics allow him to function closer to Melee than to Brawl. Not that Brawl Marth isn't fun, but Melee Marth's combos are just too good.

I expect him to also look amazing in HD.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't think Marth will have his awakening appearence, it's just a DLC after all, it doesn't seem relevant enough to be his default look

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
They better not take Marths japanese away! )8 and they better get hikaru (voice actor from melee and anime) to provide the voice again, and he shouldn't get the manly look, it don't make sense.
Geez, I sound like a 10 year old fanboy, ...shame... But srsly, my body is not ready for an English speaking marth.

silver856

Smash Rookie
It feels like I'm the only one who liked Marth's design in smash bros. the most.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well Sakurai hinted at a redesign back at the Shadow Dragon "Iwata Asks", so I guess this is it.

It looks pretty much amazing. This is clearly the best looking character confirmed thus far.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth only likes ladies with blue hair anyway, cause he thinks only they can stand up to his fabulousness.

Okysho

Smash Ace
The Prince returns!!

Looks like we get the FE: Mystery design with some nice color alterations, with the original falchion!! He doesn't look quite as lanky, but still the most handsome prince in Akaenia.

It also looks like the smith for the Falchion saw fit to but the length back into the blade too (though we won't know until tested).

Can I get a "Best possible outcome"?

Azule07

Smash Cadet
This design for Marth is pretty much amazing. He's turned back into a character from Shadow Dragon/Mystery, got his sword back, and manages to pull of looking cool whilst looking elegant.
(and it completely separates him from Lucina now )

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Well, looks like Marth is back, not that it surprises me. I must say, I was not expecting him to be revealed until way later. His reveal just made my day. Honestly, the fact that I was in a public library was the only thing keeping me from half-shouting some incoherent acclamation. I cannot wait to try him out once the game is released.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
So guys, what's the first thing you're going to try when you get your hands on the new Marth?

I'm going to look for Dair spike grab releases.

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
Upon seeing the full body shots, the redesign is kinda iffy for me, oh well, maybe the alt colors will make it look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom