• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs Falco

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Just because someone has advantage in the fight doesn't mean they are the better character overall.

As characters I think Falco and Marth are roughly equal.

In the match-up all evidence points to Marth having a slight advantage. 60/40 Marth's favor.
Yeah I'd say so too about both characters being even. Although I respect your opinion, I still don't believe it's right about the direct match up. It's too early to really tell anyways. We haven't seen enough of anyone's full potential to make that decision. At least I'm not some noob kid saying Falco is 100:0 adv. I don't see anything too substantial Marth or Falco has over each other to make it an unfair match.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Slight advantage isn't unfair.

And I don't know about Falco, but Marth's metagame has pretty much stopped evolving. There really isn't anything left.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Most if not all characters' metagames have plateaued. It's sad really. Hopefully this isn't all brawl has to offer.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It's really because everyone has been studying the game like mad since day one and sharing info that the game evolved so quickly.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Well Tommy G and I have been arguing this over aim for a while, we both play at high levels as well.
We have played multiple matches against each other, all the time, and it has been consistently even.

Sorry Tommy, I'm gonna have to go with Emblem Lord on this one.
Marth has the advantage.
Now I'm not just blowing steam, I read from the beginning of the thread.

The main thing that puts Marth ahead is.
That ledging the Falco is possible, once the Falco gets knocked off the stage and hit again by anything, he has to UP B or Side B predictable and then that's where he should not ever make it back.

Marth may have to recover predictably but falco really can't go down to get Marth.

Falco dies at about 120 regularly.

Marth dies at about 150% against Falco regularly.

Add in the Falco getting ledged once and the match is 55:45 Advance Marth.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I can live with 55-45. It's still relatively neutral where as 60-40 is advantage percents.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
The match-up is favored in Marth's favor. Regardless of what the percentage is, it's only in Marth's favor enough to make it a soft counter at best. To all the Falco's: It's an uphill battle, but certainly not an unwinnable one. You need to be as familiar with the match-up as your opponent should be if you wish to have a chance here.

Top Bottom