• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Super Wave Dash???

Izzie404

Smash Rookie
I was playing as Marth (I'm not that great with him, :grin: ) and I was playing against one of my friends (I'm not sure who they were playing as though) On Hyrule Temple, We were on the top part on the left, to the right of the little pedastal on the ground, the part above the little area that has the cages on the sides (sorry If you don't understand what I'm talking about), and I used a "<+B" move in the air (I forgot what It is called), and when I landed, I think I smashed the control stick in the other direction because Marth shot across the ground, exactly like Samus' Super Wave Dash. I was wondering if this was just a fluke, or is it possible that all characters can do the Super Wave Dash.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
were you hit by an attack when it happened? Were you at a high percent? Cause if you were hit when it happened it's likely you were just hit and you tech'd it.

Izzie404

Smash Rookie
he was facing away from me, i kind of think he was bowser and did a F+A, i didn't have that much damage probably about 20-40%.

Renth

Smash Hero
probably double stick tech.. i have a match against my friends dr. mario where at like 30% i teched and flew across FD and grabbed the ledge on the other side.

Izzie404

Smash Rookie
Alright, thanks guys. I just got really confused. I really need to get better at Melee, I can't beat Event 50 (I use Samus mostly) and I suck :urg: ! lol! :laugh:

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Quick fact: Dual stick anything is a myth, it's just ASDI or SDI with the C-stick.

That kind of tech is hard, because you have to ASDI/SDI down, press R/L, then press left or right. Did Marth do the roll animation or did he just slide?

Artymus

Smash Rookie
You must have just teched. If he was playing Bowser you could have easily been knocked back by the F-Smash.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hmm, this reminds me of that one glitch, I think it is where you cape a sheik as she is coming back from a ledge grab, using her A attack, and she has > 100 damage.

If you do this she should teleport, and it looks a little like a huge wavedash.

I doubt that it is a wavedash, with all the people that use marth, there is a fair chance that it would have already been found

Bungalobill3

Smash Rookie
Phloat, I did the same thing that you were talking about with a fox recently. I caped him with Doc when he used A to get back from the edge. I wasn't damage dependent and it looked like a wavedash. If you have someone to play against can you try it with other characters; maybe other characters can do it. It requires very precise timing, so I can't do it with my feet like the black hole glitch.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I was playing as Marth (I'm not that great with him, :grin: ) and I was playing against one of my friends (I'm not sure who they were playing as though) On Hyrule Temple, We were on the top part on the left, to the right of the little pedastal on the ground, the part above the little area that has the cages on the sides (sorry If you don't understand what I'm talking about), and I used a "<+B" move in the air (I forgot what It is called), and when I landed, I think I smashed the control stick in the other direction because Marth shot across the ground, exactly like Samus' Super Wave Dash. I was wondering if this was just a fluke, or is it possible that all characters can do the Super Wave Dash.
that explains everything :)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
that explains everything :)
Rofl, too good :laugh:

And uhh, no, Samus is the only character that can SWD... the morph ball is what makes it possible, and no other character has a morph ball... and besides... if every character could do it, then we'd be seeing a lot of characters other than Samus doing it in Perfect Control... where they CAN control whatever they want...

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Note: This has almost nothing to do with marth
to beat event 50: pick a character like ganondorf with good weight and a good mid-air attack arsenal. Sit under one hand and repetitively nail it from below while dodging it's grabs and dual moves. Repeat this process for the other hand. The way my friends and I beat event 51 was with Jigglypuff (the only time she's ever useful lol) and we just used sleep (down-b) on giga bowser until he was gone and slowly repeated the process for everyone else

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Hmm, this reminds me of that one glitch, I think it is where you cape a sheik as she is coming back from a ledge grab, using her A attack, and she has > 100 damage.

I doubt that it is a wavedash, with all the people that use marth, there is a fair chance that it would have already been found
You can do that to fox also.

drago980

Smash Apprentice

You posted this a long time ago but it can also be done with fox and falco.:)

Top Bottom