• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
Now that the game's out post here your early opinions of Marth's matchups. Here's what I've noticed so far

Hard Matchups : Palutena, Lucario, Rosaluma, Robin,

Good Matchups : Megaman, Lil' Mac,Duck hunt, Falcon, Ike, DK

I'll update after playing more. Things will change dramatically of course. Post your matchups below and let's see if we can all agree on certain matchups

Last edited:

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
Marth just wrecks Megaman, I've played 4 of them so far and one in particular could beat me with around 15 different characters but I got his megaman more often than not. The others just got wrecked

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
Lucario seems pretty tough to me. Seems to have better melee range + damage + knockback. He's also fast and can play a bit of a keep away game from Marth. Could be my unfamiliarity with Lucario in general because I didn't play Brawl much, but that seems like a pretty tough one with my limited experience.

I got a bit frustrated at the matchup even though I went about 50/50 with him. Felt like Lucario can pretty much do everything MArth does, but also zone better.

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
Since it's harder to approach b/c of landing lag, people with annoying projectiles/mid-long range attacks might make him have a hard time. I'll post my matchups later but only after I get a good sense of the game and stuff. SSB4 Marth's optimal style isn't really concrete at the moment so even if "A" can play Marth well against a ZSS, "B" might have a hard time. But eventually we'll see some consistency in matchups and see who gives Marth a hard time in general.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
This is just..incorrect..like very incorrect.

Also match-up numbers dont even matter for Marth right now. He is so held back by the 3DS for several reasons.

It is literally impossible for him to reach max potential on the system. He requires very tight knwoededge of frames and traps which are impossible to execute consistently on the 3DS due to latency.

Don't sweat his match-ups right now.

But he doesnt lose to Kirby. Thats like...not possible simply due to design. Wario as well.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
It's obviously incorrect but we have to start somewhere and just because I'm the maker of the thread it doesn't make me right. You should contribute instead of telling me that lol

And Yeah I agree I had a hard time against a Projectile happy Palutena

Last edited:

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
I've only had problems with Lucario and that was when I brought him to 130%, all he would do is spam Aura Sphere and Force Palm.

Palutena is a hard MU? IDK, about that. I don't really have that much experience versus all of them since I've only played 200 games and most of the people I played, I would say were sub par.

Too early to be listing MU. Especially considering what Emblem Lord said. No matter how good you are with Marth on the 3DS, you will always play better with him on the Wii U...

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
This is just..incorrect..like very incorrect.

Also match-up numbers dont even matter for Marth right now. He is so held back by the 3DS for several reasons.

It is literally impossible for him to reach max potential on the system. He requires very tight knwoededge of frames and traps which are impossible to execute consistently on the 3DS due to latency.

Don't sweat his match-ups right now.

But he doesnt lose to Kirby. Thats like...not possible simply due to design. Wario as well.
I really can't wait to use a c-stick but I think it's worth it to talk about matchups. And I don't think the lag is bad enough to severely limit his playstyle. It's just timing everyone has to get used to and while we may missout on some punishes or setups due to lag sometimes, I'm sure we'll still be able to get it to work most of the time.

Idk what to say about the Kirby/Wario matchup. Played against a lame Kirby once and won but in Sudden Death lol. Not much experience against either of them.

I'm still thinking Lucario is a pretty tough matchup for Marth. I was also getting beasted on by a DDD. He was comboing me with a throw+fair (I think, I don't use him). I couldn't VI out (or was failing at it). He was hitting it from a pretty big range of %. He was mostly turtling, using his projectiles and when I got close would often shieldgrab. He was probably the best player I've played so far and I didn't get a single win on him.

So far I've been doing very well against Robin's. Once I get in close I feel like Robin is too slow to get away and distance himself to use projectiles.

I've also done very well against Rosalina. I've been able to bait a lot of them and seem to get a lot of tips on them compared to other characters I fight.

Palutina kind of the same deal with Rosalina. I feel like it's their hitbox and lack of speed that makes it much easier to tip them.

I'm not too sure what to think about the Lil Mac matchup right now. I play a ton of them but a lot of them I can tell aren't too good with him. Dominate him in the air and off the stage obviously, but I would think that a more defensive one would be very hard to beat.

Last edited:

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
Too early to be listing MU. Especially considering what Emblem Lord said. No matter how good you are with Marth on the 3DS, you will always play better with him on the Wii U...
I don't think the TS is trying to say what the matchups are. Just discussing what difficulties or advantages he is saying. I'm sure he's expecting to find new things out and that his opinions will change over time.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I'm crying because Rosalina has a really easy time against him. His range doesn't really matter when he can't get in, (despite what he really needs is to get one solid d-throw on her)

Last edited:

HiImBleep

Smash Rookie
Full hop fair into Shulk's counter willl cause the counter to whiff and let you punish it on the way down.

C.J.

Smash Master
Starting threads about MUs on Marth prior to the WiiU version is an exercise in futility. The motivation and eagerness is really awesome, but with such lackluster controls, it's impossible to get accurate ideas and discussions of MUs for any character, let alone Marth, going.

HiImBleep

Smash Rookie
I've come across a number of Marths/Lucinas who will randomly charge shield breaker from a distance. Responding with your own full hop charged shield breaker is a solid punish and can open some rude options depending on where they do it.

ClickDecision

Smash Rookie
Not sure how you guys are doing against lil mac but some guy demonstrated that I can't shield grab him after a dash attack if he mashes out a jab..! somehow his jabs come out quicker than my shield grab does...which is incredibly stupid lol~

Last edited:

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Please explain how Little Mac is a good matchup...
Mac is pretty much meat to marth off and above the stage, and getting him off the stage is going to happen if the players are equally skilled. thats pretty much it, I think mac is the easiest gimp in the game.

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
He doesn't lose to paulutena, lucario, or rosalina and luma at all. People just don't know how to fight puppet characters is all. You don't focus on luma, you focus on rosalina, and if the opportunity presents itself to get rid of luma while fighting rosalina your take that chance. Fighting vs puppets is always an opportunistic type of match up. You fighting whomever is most vulnerable at the time but you focus your primary assault on the puppets master.

Again, damage the puppet when you can but focus on the puppet master. People who've only plsyed smash have never had to deal with puppet characters but people who play persona, guilty gear, or Blazblue should know how this goes.

Also i disagree with us having a favorable Match up vs lil Mac. It is 5-5 or 6-4 Mac. His movement and normals are a bit more than Marth can deal with. Moving through the air isn't a good idea vs Mac because he has armor on moves, power to make punishes hurt, and speed to be sure he will be in range for his punish.

Last edited:

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
Not sure how you guys are doing against lil mac but some guy demonstrated that I can't shield grab him after a dash attack if he mashes out a jab..! somehow his jabs come out quicker than my shield grab does...which is incredibly stupid lol~
You're doing it slow if you miss it man. you can absolutely grab punish that dash attack.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If it crosses you up I dont know if you can BUT latency even in local play is ALWAYS a factor.

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
Yoshi is a hard match up imo. He can be beaten but he definitely forces me to play more defensively than usual.

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
Yoshi is a hard match up imo. He can be beaten but he definitely forces me to play more defensively than usual.
That is true but having to play defensively doesn't make the match up hard it just makes it different. Remember our boy Marth is a hot and cold character meaning sometimes he is offensive and sometimes he is defensive and the only way to win is to switch between the two. A lot of the space yoshi wants to occupy is beaten with 4 moves up tilt, jab 1 and 2 (note these slashes cover the same space as forward tilt, but are a bit faster and require a little less commitment), neutral air, and up air. These will be your main tools because these moves completely cover either your front, over your head, or both! Yoshi is all about offense or annoying you into rushing him recklessly with egg toss. Let him play his silly egg game you should be perfectly content dodging and shielding. His approach is what matters most to you. If he approaches via the ground you can either predict the dash attack and shield then punish, b stick out the jab to let him run into, hop neutral air to dissuade the approach and make them stand still or roll. The best is most often sticking the neutral out as you'll beat him out of a dash attack or at worst clash if you do it right. If he goes over your head up tilt beats a lot since it hits front to back and the arch is highest at the top of the slash, you can also meet him in the air with up air with a lot of confidence just watch out for down b because it freezes him in place then he drops.

If yoshi uses side b you can punish with jab or down tilt just don't let him psyche you out by driving it back and forth.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2535-4658-1818
Little Mac is only free to marth when little mac is off the platform. On the platform little mac can do W.E he wants and get away with it for various reasons especially in lag.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Full hop fair into Shulk's counter willl cause the counter to whiff and let you punish it on the way down.
Shulk has a lot of good tools in this matchup though. I dunno if I'd call it a bad matchup but it's a very unforgiving matchup, especially if online latency is a factor. Lingering hitboxes, superior range, good offstage game, Monado Arts in general... oh, and I dunno about the default version but there's a custom Back Slash that leaps forward a pretty good distance and it has super armor. You have to play very patiently and time your punishes well.

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
Shulk has a lot of good tools in this matchup though. I dunno if I'd call it a bad matchup but it's a very unforgiving matchup, especially if online latency is a factor. Lingering hitboxes, superior range, good offstage game, Monado Arts in general... oh, and I dunno about the default version but there's a custom Back Slash that leaps forward a pretty good distance and it has super armor. You have to play very patiently and time your punishes well.
I agree however I feel we have the advantage of speed in this match up. It's not hard to invade shulk's sword's max range and completely outpace him until his speed art is active. Outside of speed art a lot of his attacks are easy to dodge. I feel approaching him with a hop fair, pressure him with down tilt when you're in you'll keep him off balance with it, and just make sure you prepare for counters.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
He doesn't lose to paulutena, lucario, or rosalina and luma at all. People just don't know how to fight puppet characters is all. You don't focus on luma, you focus on rosalina, and if the opportunity presents itself to get rid of luma while fighting rosalina your take that chance. Fighting vs puppets is always an opportunistic type of match up. You fighting whomever is most vulnerable at the time but you focus your primary assault on the puppets master.

Again, damage the puppet when you can but focus on the puppet master. People who've only plsyed smash have never had to deal with puppet characters but people who play persona, guilty gear, or Blazblue should know how this goes.

Also i disagree with us having a favorable Match up vs lil Mac. It is 5-5 or 6-4 Mac. His movement and normals are a bit more than Marth can deal with. Moving through the air isn't a good idea vs Mac because he has armor on moves, power to make punishes hurt, and speed to be sure he will be in range for his punish.
Exactly!

Think of any Hunter archetype in MMOs/RPGs. They WANT you to focus on their pet/puppet. If you go straight for them, that's where their designed weaknesses lie.

I've found the way you can do fine vs Rosalina is simply keep moving around. Luma is braindead and floats around like a zombie, and by moving you force Rosalina to continue trying to reposition Luma. Use her pet against her as a process that takes up RAM in your opponent's head - give them something to micromanage (they're playing Rosalina - they like micromanaging to some extent). That's when you find the fight turning to your favour.

It's not really a mindgame thing, even though that's how I just described it. Luma is slow and dumb, and if Rosalina tosses Luma to your side of the stage - move to the other side. And then move again. Give Rosalina what she wants, and she'll get more manageable I think. Luma is only powerful as a stage-control tool if you insist on playing turf war. Rosalina will always win turf war - let her have her turf. Luckily as a melee character, Marth doesn't need turf. Characters like Link and other projectile characters have more natural trouble vs Rosalina because they tend to like having their half of the stage free.

Rosalina will try to block you out and have stage control, but have this mentality instead: "You and Luma want this side of the stage? Fine, I'll go to the other side. Oh, now you want this side of the stage? Alright, I'll go back to where I was."

If you're not near Luma, then Luma is null. Rosalina will keep having to try and bring Luma back into the fight by re-positioning it, which you can nullify by moving again.

You can force Rosalina to become predictable - the only way I think she'll be able to stop going through the motions of re-calling Luma and re-sending Luma out is by herself ignoring Luma's positioning, which is a good thing for you.

HOWEVER

It'll get scary if Rosalina can do fine whilst ignoring her Luma mechanic. If so, then she's likely broken. A Puppet character who can be powerful without having to manage their puppet is a poorly designed character.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2535-4658-1818
Someone explain Marth vs Megaman and what Marth needs to do to **** him. I havent played against him much.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What we can get out of 3DS in terms of Marth's match ups:
Does the opposing character have the options to punish full hop retreating forward air?

In Brawl, this action seemed more punishable than it does now. There's no MK tornado to cover all possible space options with the mobility to go in and out to bait, no MK shuttle loop or Olimar Up Smash that can actually reach us at the heights where we're still in cool down.
Marth's forward air was not nerfed in any capacity using it like this AT ALL, 3 frames longer cool down in the air is basically meaningless especially when the move starts up 2 frames later and seems to have an extra frame or two of hitbox as well (so the amount of frames between hitting someone below you and the move ending is actually better than it was in Brawl).

This isn't hard to do on the 3DS reliably, and with a c-stick it'll be even easier, as I'll be able to focus the analog stick on Smash DI/minute movements so the faster jabs and stuff like rosalina's multihit dash attack is worthless/easy to get out of.

Virtually no one in the game I've seen thus far handles marth full hop forward air at all.
I'm sure Fox, Sonic and probably Falcon will be able to in some capacity, but that's not the characters people seem to be concerned about here.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Someone explain Marth vs Megaman and what Marth needs to do to **** him. I havent played against him much.
I'm not the best at explaining using proper terminology or anything, but the Mega Man's I've played tend to punish my approach by grabbing me out of shield. So to counter I just empty jump into their shields and grab them instead. Once they're in the air it's a matter of spacing your aerials well enough to juggle them for a bit of damage. Eventually obviously they'll return to the ground one way or the other but most MM's I've seen online will fall for this repeatedly.

And once their damage is high enough you can simply throw them off stage instead of up/down and edge-guard your way to the win. Of course this has worked on the Mega Man's I've seen, so who knows if yours are giving you specific problems.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Little Mac, we may lose just by the weight of a character with more range than us, a lot more damage than us, and kills us pretty well too.
But eh, he has not a single thing that punishes full hop forward air. However, his momentum is disgusting, I can get hit at like 30% and be pushed off stage/to the ledge, and I won't ever regain a solid position again to play in neutral for the rest of that stock, and then unfortunately you deal with Mac having the KO punch ready for your next stock.

This is the danger of Mac right here. This is where the actual match up numbers could mean anything because of the sheer stupidity of what Mac does.

Good things to know:
1. His counter hurt box is like 1.5-2 swords length in front of him (the dumbest thing this character has in my honest opinion, on a design level it makes zero sense and the amount of respect I have to give it as Marth is probably the only reason I don't think we hard counter him, lol), with his ftilt and dash attack being longer, upwards of 3 swords length or so. Marth has to play a mid-range game without any commitment, and that involves zoning around that 3 swords length away.
2. Up Throw at 0% sends Mac into tumble. See you KO-punch
3. A lot of his super armor loses to moves that would put him into tumble or are dealing 8% or more damage? I'm not certain how it works entirely, but I feel like tipper forward tilt just ... denies him a lot of the time? Either way, can be abused/worked out to truly understand the neutral game between us.
4. He has a slow grab and his shield drop jab is faster. Space outside jab and watch the awkwardness Mac has to deal with with down tilt or jab hitting his shield.
5. Transcended priority (our specials): Loses to super armor, but beats everything else he has. Space and poke, poke and space. You can dash towards a Mac and expect forward tilt and win cleanly/easily with dancing blade

I won't put it past me losing to Mac in tournament, in terms of character designs I abhor, Mac is one of them, but I don't think Marth loses at an optimal level. Until I feel comfortable with dealing with his momentum (if that's even possible) and feel I can space at mid range in a way to be able to react and beat Mac on the fly.
Mac's ground reach does remind me of Brawl Olimar a bit, and the way I'm trying to describe the match up is the same way I would do so in that case. Olimar's grab is 2.5-3 swords length, up smash has more horizontal range than fair, and certain pikmin (yellow) more vertical. Mac's obviously a lot faster on the ground, but I still feel most of his actions are heavily telegraphed (beyond movement choices), even more so than Oli. He's a sitting duck to us off stage and above us, and one punish is enough to put them in that position, where they shouldn't ever be surviving from.

I would look at Brawl Marth videos against Olimar and Snake to see how one deals with Mac.
Mikeneko vs Ally for example, where Ally never lands, no mixup back air (or in this game, mac's counter) meant anything because all he had to do was grab, over and over again, and throw out perfectly safe forward airs otherwise. I don't know what Mac can do beyond beating us into a pulp before we can even hit him once (it happens :(), because I otherwise feel pretty confident in being able to 0-death Mac from any set up attack (fair, up air, up tilt, down tilt and expect the roll, etc) in neutral or a grab.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At 3 swords length away, Mac has only single options, in Marth's case, he has MANY MANY MANY MANY options. Better Walk that can be dtilted/ftilted or jabbed out of; dash to: dancing blade, full hop forward air or shield. Add in Dash breaker for lols.
Mac's walk is pretty alright so that's where I see his Meta developing for him, but otherwise out of a dash there is nothing you cannot see coming from a mile away (P.S., they all lose on reaction to full hop forward air). His dash roll is very very very very good though, but that's his only other option.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
My first tourney loss was to a Little Mac. He straight up wins on the ground. Period. His momentum is stronger then Marth's and he can get out of traps thanks to his counter. BUT...

None of his recovery options sweet the ledge. So when you get him off pick your poison. Go off stage for a gimp or go old school melee style and just f-smash/d-tilt the ledge. Anything will work.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Little Mac, we may lose just by the weight of a character with more range than us, a lot more damage than us, and kills us pretty well too.
But eh, he has not a single thing that punishes full hop forward air. However, his momentum is disgusting, I can get hit at like 30% and be pushed off stage/to the ledge, and I won't ever regain a solid position again to play in neutral for the rest of that stock, and then unfortunately you deal with Mac having the KO punch ready for your next stock.

This is the danger of Mac right here. This is where the actual match up numbers could mean anything because of the sheer stupidity of what Mac does.

Good things to know:
1. His counter hurt box is like 1.5-2 swords length in front of him (the dumbest thing this character has in my honest opinion, on a design level it makes zero sense and the amount of respect I have to give it as Marth is probably the only reason I don't think we hard counter him, lol), with his ftilt and dash attack being longer, upwards of 3 swords length or so. Marth has to play a mid-range game without any commitment, and that involves zoning around that 3 swords length away.
2. Up Throw at 0% sends Mac into tumble. See you KO-punch
3. A lot of his super armor loses to moves that would put him into tumble or are dealing 8% or more damage? I'm not certain how it works entirely, but I feel like tipper forward tilt just ... denies him a lot of the time? Either way, can be abused/worked out to truly understand the neutral game between us.
4. He has a slow grab and his shield drop jab is faster. Space outside jab and watch the awkwardness Mac has to deal with with down tilt or jab hitting his shield.
5. Transcended priority (our specials): Loses to super armor, but beats everything else he has. Space and poke, poke and space. You can dash towards a Mac and expect forward tilt and win cleanly/easily with dancing blade

I won't put it past me losing to Mac in tournament, in terms of character designs I abhor, Mac is one of them, but I don't think Marth loses at an optimal level. Until I feel comfortable with dealing with his momentum (if that's even possible) and feel I can space at mid range in a way to be able to react and beat Mac on the fly.
Mac's ground reach does remind me of Brawl Olimar a bit, and the way I'm trying to describe the match up is the same way I would do so in that case. Olimar's grab is 2.5-3 swords length, up smash has more horizontal range than fair, and certain pikmin (yellow) more vertical. Mac's obviously a lot faster on the ground, but I still feel most of his actions are heavily telegraphed (beyond movement choices), even more so than Oli. He's a sitting duck to us off stage and above us, and one punish is enough to put them in that position, where they shouldn't ever be surviving from.

I would look at Brawl Marth videos against Olimar and Snake to see how one deals with Mac.
Mikeneko vs Ally for example, where Ally never lands, no mixup back air (or in this game, mac's counter) meant anything because all he had to do was grab, over and over again, and throw out perfectly safe forward airs otherwise. I don't know what Mac can do beyond beating us into a pulp before we can even hit him once (it happens :(), because I otherwise feel pretty confident in being able to 0-death Mac from any set up attack (fair, up air, up tilt, down tilt and expect the roll, etc) in neutral or a grab.

At 3 swords length away, Mac has only single options, in Marth's case, he has MANY MANY MANY MANY options. Better Walk that can be dtilted/ftilted or jabbed out of; dash to: dancing blade, full hop forward air or shield. Add in Dash breaker for lols.
Mac's walk is pretty alright so that's where I see his Meta developing for him, but otherwise out of a dash there is nothing you cannot see coming from a mile away (P.S., they all lose on reaction to full hop forward air). His dash roll is very very very very good though, but that's his only other option.
Awesome work Shaya. Little Mac's been a problem for me as of late, so this will be a great help for me xD

irokex13

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Irokex21
I haven't played too many good Little Macs, but from what I've noticed, appropriate usage of Marth's Counter does a lot against Little Mac. Counter has the ability to shut down Little Mac's recovery options, as he'll get hit too far away to recover back. Also, it doesn't matter if he tries to counter while recovering if you're using your counter as well. Marth has the ability to recovery after his counter, while Little Mac will still fall to his death.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I haven't played too many good Little Macs, but from what I've noticed, appropriate usage of Marth's Counter does a lot against Little Mac. Counter has the ability to shut down Little Mac's recovery options, as he'll get hit too far away to recover back. Also, it doesn't matter if he tries to counter while recovering if you're using your counter as well. Marth has the ability to recovery after his counter, while Little Mac will still fall to his death.
Hadn't thought of that at all. I'll have to keep that one in mind xD much appreciated dude

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
My first tourney loss was to a Little Mac. He straight up wins on the ground. Period. His momentum is stronger then Marth's and he can get out of traps thanks to his counter. BUT...

None of his recovery options sweet the ledge. So when you get him off pick your poison. Go off stage for a gimp or go old school melee style and just f-smash/d-tilt the ledge. Anything will work.
He cleanly outdoes us on the ground within his range, but his frame data isn't infallible and I doubt he's going to be trying to play footsies against us with super armor; if we're sitting outside his immediate range, we're in the advantage. He clearly has less tools than us out of a dash by a lot of magnitude, and we can space him from the air in a way that he doesn't seem to have answers to. The gravity of this match up really is the reward difference on individual hits and as we both already agree on, his insane momentum.

Jack(KillLock): Oh and I think Marth is so good vs Little Mac lol
[10/7/2014 3:28:45 AM] Jack(KillLock): Haven't had any issues with Little Mac so far.
[10/7/2014 3:29:01 AM] Jack(KillLock): Well, you can get safe pokes and if he commits with an attack you can go for shield on almost everything
[10/7/2014 3:29:12 AM] Jack(KillLock): his grab range is so small it's hard for him to get in on us
[10/7/2014 3:29:20 AM] Jack(KillLock): and of course once he's in the air or off stage we hurt him
[10/7/2014 3:29:23 AM] Jack(KillLock): or on the ledge

Last edited:

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
How are you guys dealing with ZSS? I would say that overall that is the biggest problem matchup for me. Can't seem to catch her at all, and her ranged moves keep me from playing aggressive. Playing the baiting/punishing game hasn't gone too well for me, she seems to have really good movement and rushdown capablities

Last edited:

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
How are you guys dealing with ZSS? I would say that overall that is the biggest problem matchup for me. Can't seem to catch her at all, and her ranged moves keep me from playing aggressive. Playing the baiting/punishing game hasn't gone too well for me, she seems to have really good movement and rushdown capablities
If anything Marth really is all about baiting/punishing and poking now. Your best option against ZSS is to bait the grabs or predict rolls and if she happens to be in the air then you can poke her with Fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom