• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

Okysho

Smash Ace
no, this is the right topic, don't worry about it.

As for edgeguarding, I don't think that it suits Marth anymore in brawl. It's too difficult what with the changing for his neutral B from a slash to a thrust, but if you really want to, I would suggest for vsing Lucas, simply counter or dodge, not much you can do there as for Snake, I'd say simply get in his way. use neutral or forward air to send him back to the oblivian. If his damage is high enough, you can attempt a meteor smash.

Hope that helped

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if this is the right topic, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm a noob at Marth and am trying to learn how to edgeguard. I can do it decently in training against some characters, but my friends that use Snake (use the Up+B from far away so when I reach them they are above me) or Lucas (scared to hit him during PK Thunder for fear of getting owned by his crazy knockback when Lucas hits me with it). What should I do to get better at this.

(If this is wrong topic, tell me where I should post stuff like this)
sadly ive still not played brawl but from the vids i saw, try catching the edge and use bair or up b i might not be right but give it a try. :) also 1 question can marth stiull chaingrab like he did in melee?

SMS028

Smash Rookie
No, every character falls the same speed and sadly enough, it isn't fast enough to chain grab. At least that is the case for the chain grab up throw.

T-major

Smash Champion
Okysho, fight me!

also, while I'm here, I might as well say that I secondary main Ike now. thought you'd be interested in hearing that

also also, could someone give me a list of all of Marth's buff's and nerfs? I'm curious to see how he compares to Melee.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Check the first post t-maj.

Sorry, I'm going to be away for the weekend and I'll be leaving soon (yes I know it's wednesday), so no online battles until after the break unless I can find an AP somewhere, but it's unlikely.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Here are my Marth snapshots. It's not much since I haven't been playing Marth as much as I should be lol

Yes, it's making Marth looking gender confuse again, but I found this moment funny to hate it.

Master Hand vs. Marth, bwaha

Best. Shots. Ever.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Cool screenshots! :grin:

I've actually seen that one with the Fire Flower on deviantART, but I didn't realize until I saw your post in the "Funny Brawl Pics" topic that it was you who took it. Cool. :)

I've taken many screenshots of Marth myself, but I'd have to upload them somewhere...you guys interested in seeing 'em?

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
Here are my Marth snapshots. It's not much since I haven't been playing Marth as much as I should be lol

Yes, it's making Marth looking gender confuse again, but I found this moment funny to hate it.

Master Hand vs. Marth, bwaha

Best. Shots. Ever.
4th and last = omfg awesomeness

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I uploaded a buttload of our "Brawl" pics to my uncle's webspace for us. I've got lots of Marth pics, but I don't want to post them all at once. I'll start with 5 of 'em.

Marth's new Light Blue costume (which I later discovered is also his Blue Team outfit now).

You know that one screenshot of Marth on the Dojo where he looks like he has his hand on his heart? As it turns out, that's a new idle animation! (Don't worry, he's still got his hair stroking one from "Melee", too :p ;)). I love it, he looks so sweet and serene when he does it.
(:lol:)

Marth unleashing his Shield Breaker. What happens next?

You don’t have time to ponder such questions, as Marth has just grabbed a Smash Ball. (LOL)

Another cool shot of Marth while he's under the Smash Ball's influence.

That's all for now.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Ok i have been playing Brawl since forever now. And i played against my friend to day, and he was terrible. BUt yet, when he was Pit he spammed the crap out of me. With his arrows and his Forward B the Spining Blade. What do i do!? i am much better then him, but he gives me so much hassle. He stands across the stage and Shoots arrows at me, and also when i get close, he does his over B. I usualy win, but he gives me such a pain.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Yes! Okysho is alive!! stuck on junky dial up, but what can you do?

I first off would like to congratulate the only two girls in the Defenders of Akanea for their awesome contribution. Sorry I haven't given you a rank yet Starry Might.

I just wanted to point out that Marth's new blue costume is actually the classic one from FE1/3/11. I use it all the time in addition the the badass black and holy white ones. Nice fun fact eh?

I'm almost close to beating FE3 book 1 again so I can get screenshot proof of Marth and Sheeda's relationship. It'll get hippochinfat and the others off our backs.

See you all online!

Okysho out!

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
That Alternate blue outfit is friggin awesome lol
Awesome pics btw Starry, really like the last two :)

I just came off from playing as Marth and have some sweet shots...but they're all on my laptop <<
My Marth skills has gotten so...sluggish...I blame it on learning how to use Ike.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
yay! my cuzin will order brawl today with a freeloader and FINALY i get to see marth :) but no online :( who cares lol anyway in june 9th after i finish all me exams get ready cuz im playin brawl the whole day and night :)

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I first off would like to congratulate the only two girls in the Defenders of Akanea for their awesome contribution. Sorry I haven't given you a rank yet Starry Might.

I just wanted to point out that Marth's new blue costume is actually the classic one from FE1/3/11. I use it all the time in addition the the badass black and holy white ones. Nice fun fact eh?
Thank you!

EDIT: I actually already figured out that his new color scheme is from the games, since I've seen pictures of it before. :)

As for a rank...can I be Chiki (
I've read that she has a massive crush on Marth in Book 2, which officially makes her awesome, LOL ^_^
)?

That Alternate blue outfit is friggin awesome lol
Awesome pics btw Starry, really like the last two :)

I just came off from playing as Marth and have some sweet shots...but they're all on my laptop <<
My Marth skills has gotten so...sluggish...I blame it on learning how to use Ike.
Thanks! I'd like to see your new pics if you can upload them. :)

Here are some more of mine!

Regular-sized Marth: "I shall call him...Mini-Marth!" (*PINKY ON CORNER OF MOUTH*)

^- I also posted that in the "Funny Brawl Pics" topic.

Marth doing his sexy hair stroke idle animation
(this is currently my desktop).

Marth doing Double Slash (better known as his neutral air/n-air attack).

Marth: "Minna, miteite kure!"

Marth: "Minna, miteite kure!" (Continued)

That's all for now.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Lol Starry Might, did you like... read my mind or something? I was totally going to give you that rank "Mamkute Princess" who's sig character would by chiki. She's so awesome, but I'm sorry to tell you that Sheeda gets Marth in the end! ^_^

'sigh'

I really have to start taking some pictures...

I should organize those tournaments too...

I should make those signatures...

I should recognize that C-Dizzle needs a rank up...

I should make those signatures...

wait did I say that already? ****it! School tomorrow...

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Well to bring up a new subject besides Pics, which are great BTW.

Clans. Now the game is OUT and we have to decide what are alliances are going to be.

IM so glad we have Ike, i use him if im not marth, and he is a POWERHOUSE to say the least, and i know you all know that by now. With Marths Speed and awesomeness, PLUS Ikes Beastly, slow attacks they should be a great team. ALSO i think we should all share out Brawl Friend Codes. I posted mine earler. IDK about my connection , i dont know how good it is.

Also i have said this a few post before. What are we going to do if we are agiainst a PIT, SAMUS, FALCO, OR a FOX. I played a Pit a few days ago, and he spammed the **** out of me on Final Destination. He used his arrows and his Forward B. And i dont know how to deal with all that.

My final POint in this long post (for me)
I think we all should have are own Color for Marth, kind of a signature or maybe our RANK is by our color.

EXample
like Okysho can be Blue as he is TOP RANK, and like so on. IDK im jsut trying to do something to be original.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Lol Starry Might, did you like... read my mind or something? I was totally going to give you that rank "Mamkute Princess" who's sig character would by chiki.
Wow, really? Neat! :grin:

She's so awesome, but I'm sorry to tell you that Sheeda gets Marth in the end! ^_^
LOL, I already knew that. ;)

BTW, I could make my own banner - just tell me which font you used for yours and what my Royal Weapon (if any) would be. :)

Great pics. :) I've seen the one pic of him flying through the air on Corneria before.

Also, the first one is kinda funny 'cause Marth's looking straight at the camera in a way that looks like he's thinking "What'd I do?" :chuckle:

Okay, time for more of my Marth pics!

Marth using Counter.

Marth using an Assist Trophy. (I didn't intend for the other Marth to be in the shot; I think the game takes pictures at a resolution that's slightly larger than what you actually see onscreen.)

Marth doing his sideways Taunt (which is my favorite).

Giant Marth: "Oh no, my little brother is here!"

^- I posted that in the "Funny Brawl Pics" topic, too. My Dad gets credit for the caption.

Another shot of Marth's sweet new idle animation (this is now my desktop).

BONUS SHOT: The two Marths are armed with Cracker Launchers!

Okysho

Smash Ace
I've got some homework to do then I'll see about updating the site and the siggys. Our official colour is blue. Marth's hair, armour and cape is blue, that is our colour. The old school light blue might I add.

I'd give the girls another rank up, but there isn't really anything higher than royal honours except for the super-high-up-top-ultra-omega-critical-hit ranks...

I'll get to work as soon as I'm done!

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
I've got some homework to do then I'll see about updating the site and the siggys. Our official colour is blue. Marth's hair, armour and cape is blue, that is our colour. The old school light blue might I add.

I'd give the girls another rank up, but there isn't really anything higher than royal honours except for the super-high-up-top-ultra-omega-critical-hit ranks...

I'll get to work as soon as I'm done!
SOunds good, I love the Light Blue.

Also how do you all get the Pics from the Wii on to the Computer. I would love to join in on this Photo Gallery.

Good pics, keep em' coming.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Well it won't work if you don't have an SD card lol

If you got that, plug it in
Keep clicking through the files into the Wii one. You should probably see two different files (One for Snapshots, one for Replays and maybe one for Stage Builder if you've done any). It should be the first file in that set that you'll find the snapshots.

Then you go here to decyrpt them. Bin Files won't be seen unless you convert them into, say a Jpeg. And then save the screenshots on your computer. :)

http://xane.gamez-interactive.de/Brawl/Decrypter/

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Nice pictures. :) I saved some of the ones I liked. I liked the plain ones a lot better than the funny ones. Marth has sort of, like you said, a serene feel to him. I liked the pictures that captured that side of him the best.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
lol girls seem to like takin pics of marth...i wonder why :p

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
I know,what girl can resist a Man that knows how to use his sword. Also his since of style, armor, and his awesome hair. We all should be envous of him XD

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
...*coughs*fanboymuch?*cough*

He just got a really nice agile movement with whatever he's doing in Brawl k? lol besides you haven't seen all the snapshots I've done for Ike, Sonic and Lucario lol.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
...*coughs*fanboymuch?*cough*

He just got a really nice agile movement with whatever he's doing in Brawl k? lol besides you haven't seen all the snapshots I've done for Ike, Sonic and Lucario lol.
lol u like sonic and lucario aswell :p
btw u are the girl so tell us
does marth look like a girl or not? gettin annoied by all these 9 year old *******s saying that marth looks more like a girl than a boy

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Man I feel bad for people who have bad connection right now.

Cause us girls are bombarding the thread with screenshots like crazy lol
:laugh:

Better watch out, 'cause here are some more from me!

Marth air dodging high above Smashville.

Marth takes a little stroll in Smashville while an Animal Crosser and the Pokemon Trainer look on.

Oooh, pretty colors and lens flares!

Looks like the female segment of Marth's fanbase includes the Able Sisters, too! :chuckle:

Up until now, the screens I've been posting have been from my first day with the game (the North American launch day). I didn't take ANY pictures the following day (OHMYGOSHWHATTHEHECKBARBECUE?! :eek:), but I did the day after that! Here are a couple of them:

Princes + Ray Guns = AWESOME.

Oh dear, Marth slipped and fell on his cute little butt. :laugh: :lol:

That's all for now.

Nice pictures. :) I saved some of the ones I liked. I liked the plain ones a lot better than the funny ones. Marth has sort of, like you said, a serene feel to him. I liked the pictures that captured that side of him the best.
Thanks! :)

lol girls seem to like takin pics of marth...i wonder why :p
Oh gee, I dunno...maybe because he's SMOKIN' HOT?!
(:laugh: ;))

EDIT: I'd just like to say that I have read all the posts that were made while I was typing this (I hate when that happens LOL ;)).

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I like your pics a lot Starry Might! =)
Thank you! :grin: Want some more?

Marth just owned some Lucas and Luigi. :laugh: (This pic was actually taken before the one where he's sitting on his keister.)

How do you say "OH NOES!" in Japanese? (LOL)

Just a cool shot.

This is starting to turn into the "Pictures of Marth in 'Brawl'" topic (:lol:). Sooooo, time to do some DISCUSSION.

Yesterday, Doodx asked SilentDrifterZ if she thinks Marth looks like a girl. I'm not her, but I'd like to give my opinion here.

Now, Marth is a bishounen ("beautiful boy"), so he does have a bit of "prettiness" about him. That said, he doesn't really strike me as looking effeminate. To me he looks Eurasian (*POINTS TO EYES*), and his appearance is very exotic and elegant. :chuckle: (Also, you should keep in mind that he's a PRINCE...shouldn't he look refined? ;))

Oh, and he's not the only male character in the game with eyelashes like that, either. ;)

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! :grin: Want some more?

Marth just owned some Lucas and Luigi. :laugh: (This pic was actually taken before the one where he's sitting on his keister.)

How do you say "OH NOES!" in Japanese? (LOL)

Just a cool shot.

This is starting to turn into the "Pictures of Marth in 'Brawl'" topic (:lol:). Sooooo, time to do some DISCUSSION.

Yesterday, Doodx asked SilentDrifterZ if she thinks Marth looks like a girl. I'm not her, but I'd like to give my opinion here.

Now, Marth is a bishounen ("beautiful boy"), so he does have a bit of "prettiness" about him. That said, he doesn't really strike me as looking effeminate. To me he looks Eurasian (*POINTS TO EYES*), and his appearance is very exotic and elegant. :chuckle: (Also, you should keep in mind that he's a PRINCE...shouldn't he look refined? ;))

Oh, and he's not the only male character in the game with eyelashes like that, either. ;)
I AGREE. Marth is definatly a boy. I mean i cant even THNIK how he looks like a girl. His hair isnt long, its just cool and blue. I think there jealous that all FE charaters have cool hair.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Not to mention he has the "first main hero" of Fire emblem under his belt.

And I was trying to figure out the word to describe Marth, but Starry Might said it for me. He's a just a pretty boy, most definitely not a girl.

Heck most prince look a bit elegant and pretty anyway, so Marth shouldn't be any different (except he can kick all them Prince's arse anyday cause he's that x times more awesome)

Okysho

Smash Ace
Check out some of these nice shots Okysho got!! ^_^

An awesome shot of Marth finishing his shield breaker!

Sorry Ike... kinda used you as a punching bag...

When this happens... you know death approaches...

It looks something like this...

then this...

this...

and then finally this...

Ow ****...

Marth vs Ike, both in ready position!

Forward smash in mid strike!

My castle *****!

Ow... that's really... really... REALLY gotta hurt! I mean... by a sword! Ike is knocked out of the gene pool...

To honour the fallen dead... or those whom will not have children at least...

the 4th strike of the dancing blade! Yay!!!

This one is just awesome...

Hey can I get your friend codes girls? I'm wanna see how you two fare in a fight.

Also, tournament stuff is on it's way!! slowly, but surly it's coming! I'm working on the rules and the organization of the matches!!

C-dizzle can I get your FC too?

Maku

Smash Apprentice
HA HA nice pics.
Marth is just a great character, I dont think anyone can replace this great swordsman.
Not even Ike.
Hail The Great Falchion!

Bug

Smash Rookie
Can we rename this thread to Pretty Marth Picture Fun Time Thread.

This will reduce the amount of confusion I get clicking the thread.

Top Bottom