• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Worst Match-Up's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdk

Smash Lord
Mario has sick combos on Ganon, but Ganon's inability to die balances that out. Ontop of that, Ganon kills Mario in like 4 hits.
isn't edgeguarding ganon a lot easier for mario than it is the other way around though?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
its fairly difficult for mario to approach ganon if he spaces properly because mario isn't THAT much faster than ganon, uair goes through mario's dair and ganon's fair goes through most everything spaced properly, ganon kills mario in like 4-5 hits, mario kills ganon in like 40-50 hits XD mario touches ganon its time to go to j-towr (the capitol of **** city, bowser is the mayor... of the tower... >_>) and ganon is wicked easy to edgegaurd, mario can be kinda trixy to edgeguard, but the uair can do crazy things to poor mario woot

i'd say this match is a slight advantage to mario, but probably nothing more than that.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Single handed clearly means 'has only one hand per arm'

Double handed mario has two hands per arm.

Sheesh Tony Dennis of Shoreline.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
God, that's so true. Marth's f-air is like the ultimate combo-breaker. . .like Baiken's counters in GGXX. Or having free and easy parrys in SFIIIS. Good DI + f-air makes following up after a d-throw a nightmare.

Stupid Marth.

_clinton

Smash Master
Marth and his sword... well nevermind no jokes...

so what did anyone think of this month's GI? it's Neat to know how many Mario games have been sold. Plus those Parody's are funny...

On topic Mario's worse match up is got to be 3 really good human players in fact that is everyones worse match up.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Marth and his sword... well nevermind no jokes...

so what did anyone think of this month's GI? it's Neat to know how many Mario games have been sold. Plus those Parody's are funny...

On topic Mario's worse match up is got to be 3 really good human players in fact that is everyones worse match up.
Good one. -_-

elitemperor

Smash Rookie
Whenever my friend plays as Marth against my Mario, I get pwned. It just isn't a good idea.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Oh crap...then im in bad luck

My greatest enemy uses a Marth and he sure does get on my nerves...

gosh marth is a pain in the ***....

But all you need to do is believe in Mario then youll win :D

okay...of course that not everything but...

Well i always win against him and ill tell you how...

If your enemy is a Sheik Marth Peach Samus or someone who can kill Mario easily...then DEFINATLEY work on your mind games....

analyse your opponent look for an opening and then figure out with which attack you can kill him

Anyways you can also try to find a mind game on how to grab him then hes a goner too

because Mario GRAB JUST IS THE BEST!!!!

boss8

Smash Hero
Obviously you play bad marths. Marth breaks out of Mario's combos VERY easily.
eggz i played husband and i have betten his marth plenty of times it's probly cause he's not use to playing aginst mario brothers,plus i play marths everyday.

a good mindgame strategy for mario is,running up to your opponent punch,punch,kick.run backwards then jump dair in his direction,works on,captain falcon,fox,and falco.works for me,give me feedback on how it works for you.

hmmmmmm i want to fight eggz in this game,we might have a pretty good match.seeing as i am one of the best mario's on the eastcoast(NA JP >:))

Eggz

Smash Hero
THE Kornnn said:
.. lol are u kidding me
i am that marth... & im not a bad marth like u said
boss's mario played my marth a lot i ***** him before a lot ..but now he really knew how to played against marth like he played husband
No, I'm not kidding you, because a Marth would have to be a ****ing ****** to not be able to break out of Mario combos. If Mario combos arn't perfectly executed on said Marth, then they don't happen. If the Marth DI's away and swings his sword, he get's out of them. It takes perfect combos to combo marth. And I'm pretty sure Green and I are the only ones with perfect comboing (who are currently competitive. Actually, screw that, we're for sure better than our predecesors by now.) =]

boss8 said:
eggz i played husband and i have betten his marth plenty of times it's probly cause he's not use to playing aginst mario brothers,plus i play marths everyday.
And I've beaten Sastopher's peach (in tournament rounds) plenty of times, it doesn't mean I have peach experience. And I'm sure friendlies against Husband don't count >;]

boss8 said:
hmmmmmm i want to fight eggz in this game,we might have a pretty good match.seeing as i am one of the best mario's on the eastcoast(NA JP >)
Goin' to FC? $20 mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom