• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Fair is a spike?!

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Must not have played Melee...
Nail > head.

My goodness where have you been for the past few decades.
Reflecting on how it's been less than even one decade since Classic came out in '99 when Mario's Fair was not a spike, and that Melee came out in '01, it would appear that you need to rethink your question.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
always has been, always will be. Its been a spike ever since melee, but in brawl it can be either a horizontal strike or a spike, I'm really curious as to what exactly is your history in playing smash period for you to not know this......:confused:

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Whoa Ice 9 has a cool sig, but i don't like the god of 1000 cuts sounds kinda lame... You should come up something cooler! lol sorry if i bursted your bubble.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
:embarrass Guys..lighten up on him will ya?Maybe,just maybe he hasnt played against any Mario's due to the tier whores that flood tournments in the past/present? So "if"he's in a active Smash area,playing/practicing against the A.I is outta the question.Futhermore,due to the amounts that go to them,there can be a chance that he never ran into a Mario player.Those things are possible ya know..

Kidlat

Smash Apprentice
I kinda prefer characters that have a good fair so I can rush in more easily.

Maybe like Mario's 64 Fair and have the Dair spike instead.

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
always has been, always will be. Its been a spike ever since melee, but in brawl it can be either a horizontal strike or a spike, I'm really curious as to what exactly is your history in playing smash period for you to not know this......:confused:
So you guys get on me for only playing 2 of the 3 Smash Bros installments, yet the only way for you to not know that Mario's Fair was not a spike on the N64 version, you would also have had to only play 2 of the 3 games.

Do your research before saying stuff like "always has been".

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Well all in all it is now and yes it is pure awesome in a temporarily enlarged fist.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
So you guys get on me for only playing 2 of the 3 Smash Bros installments, yet the only way for you to not know that Mario's Fair was not a spike on the N64 version, you would also have had to only play 2 of the 3 games.

Do your research before saying stuff like "always has been".
I mean come on, really, saying that I never played 64. Okay, so how about the fact that I know that mario's new bair in brawl resembles the 64 fair...? Oh geeze, how can I possibly know that the new bair resembles the 64 fair if I hadn't played it before? I've been a mario mainer ever since day one on the release of smash bros 64 dude, I know everything about him, and to this day I still play all three versions of smash.

And, umm you didn't really read my comment correctly, "always has been" was referring to brawl. If you read my comment, the next sentences states something like "its been that way ever since melee". I mean, I don't see how you could have missed that? :confused:

Sorry bro, you just got double pawned by marios meteor smash and your own comeback with that comment;)

Try not to noobilize the mario boards bro, its already too slow and under developed as it is, we don't need more threads like this to bring it down even more...

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
it's... actually in the melee how to play o_o

but I only found it out on smashboards at some point, (never saw the how to play before finding smashboards) and I can figure if you just never play mario and by coincidence didn't see it anywhere it's possible not to know, and nowhere near your fault :]

Top Bottom