• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I'm good with Saturday. Are you volunteering to organize it, Volrec? 'Cause that'd be awesome.

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
Are we having some tournament crap? I wanna make brackets and announce matches.

This saturday?

darn this saturday? lol i'm goin to the smash tourney in traverse :)
but ye volrec whats ur fc? add mine VVVVVV

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I can do Saturday after 11:30 AM Eastern. We have football 8:00-11:00. Volrec, you'd be my hero if you organized this. We need a list of people so we make sure everyone has added eachother.

But I'm working Sunday 5-10 so that's my restriction. So Saturday works best for me.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Just let it be afternoon, I gotta go somewhere in the morning...

Ok om gonna add Master smash and SPAWN, who else am I missing...

and seriously i need screenshots...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Stryks I might know where to get a couple... hold on...

EDIT:
MARIO- http://hs.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=81519&op=1&o=all&view=all&subj=2469061053&aid=-1&id=511444845

Bowser- http://hs.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=81518&op=1&o=all&view=all&subj=2469061053&aid=-1&id=511444845

Luigi- http://hs.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=81520&op=1&o=all&view=all&subj=2469061053&aid=-1&id=511444845

They're from Gamespot originally, so the rest are probably there, I jsut happened to see these ones a couple minutes ago.

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
Just let it be afternoon, I gotta go somewhere in the morning...

Ok om gonna add Master smash and SPAWN, who else am I missing...

and seriously i need screenshots...
ok im gonna add u stryks right now

any1 who i added up for a game?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
You could just to attract more attention besides people from this thread.
I love hosting tournies and doing brackets, I'm just taking a brief hiatus to recover from 'Enter The Fray!'
Hosting alone can get rough, but this should be a bit easier than a full fledged smash tourney.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
Ok, im going to stop playing strikers online. I have gotten much better. Basically my team now is: Daisy (choice 1) or Waluigi (choice 2) + 3x drybones. I pass the ball around a bunch and then teleport into the goal. works pretty friggin well. Anyway, i just finished with 8 series, here are how the series went:

2x wins
2x losses (1 with 1 win, 1 with no wins)
4x wins where the other person turned their wii off with 1 second to go.

Basically they play thru game 1, then if they are losing game 2, they turn their wii off and i get a "connection lost" message and get no win for it. That happened 4 out of 6 wins. People act so freaking weird when its competitive and its on the internet where no one can see them... I hope they do something about this next time. I'd suggest some connection lost thing where it checks to see who is doing things like this (i.e: situations where the enemy is either losing by 3 or more goals, or when they are losing and less than 15 seconds are left), and if they noticably do this on a regular basis then they are banned for a week or something. Another option is just if the other person ditches out on a game that you are winning, then you automatically get maximum points and a win (so 20 points + a win) so you at least dont feel gipped.

Basically: my record according to the game: 9-5. My real record: 13-5... this is absurd.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Salaad, your friend and you have to be online at the same time in order for it to fully register. It's completely likely that that situation hasn't occured yet.

And Tom, you must be new to Nintendo online games. =P

Salaad

Smash Ace
Salaad, your friend and you have to be online at the same time in order for it to fully register. It's completely likely that that situation hasn't occured yet.

I have no friends.

Well, I'm online right now..I need to add more FC's..

Sandy

Smash Champion
I just played this guy who had AMAZING defense. We went into Sudden Death twice. I triumphed as usual.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
This is confusing to me.

1) I thought this was the FIRST nintendo online game... Ive been playing it online since day 1, on day 1 no one did it, by the end of week 1 i get about 1 every 20 or 30 match ups, today i got 4 of 6.

2) is this supposed to mean "us veterans are used to this" because that makes me very sad, because I wont be playing any online nintendo games.

This just makes it not fun for me. It isnt like i care about how i rank in the terribly made ranking system, its just i know that some [insert simile for donkey here] 13 year old kid is smirking about how much he just pissed me off, and it makes me want to punch him in his [insert name for woman's sexual organ below the belt here].

[edit: stupid curse filtering....thingy...that i cant think of the name of right now made my sentance make less sense, so i had to edit it]

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Ok, im going to stop playing strikers online. I have gotten much better. Basically my team now is: Daisy (choice 1) or Waluigi (choice 2) + 3x drybones. I pass the ball around a bunch and then teleport into the goal. works pretty friggin well. Anyway, i just finished with 8 series, here are how the series went:

2x wins
2x losses (1 with 1 win, 1 with no wins)
4x wins where the other person turned their wii off with 1 second to go.

Basically they play thru game 1, then if they are losing game 2, they turn their wii off and i get a "connection lost" message and get no win for it. That happened 4 out of 6 wins. People act so freaking weird when its competitive and its on the internet where no one can see them... I hope they do something about this next time. I'd suggest some connection lost thing where it checks to see who is doing things like this (i.e: situations where the enemy is either losing by 3 or more goals, or when they are losing and less than 15 seconds are left), and if they noticably do this on a regular basis then they are banned for a week or something. Another option is just if the other person ditches out on a game that you are winning, then you automatically get maximum points and a win (so 20 points + a win) so you at least dont feel gipped.

Basically: my record according to the game: 9-5. My real record: 13-5... this is absurd.

You have sucky shooting. If you face someone else with good defense you're screwed.

Just my 2 cents.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I just faced a guy ranked like 300 and I pulled off the best win of my life. I'm officially done for the night.

And that's a nice strategy for your friends, but I would cut one or two Drybones and substitute so you can have one good shooter and another mid-high speed character with a decent skill shot or strat, maybe toad? Flippy tricks are nice.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Salaad what's your Mii's name?

And TomH, come down from your pedestal, we're all friends here. I'm sure Typh didn't mean it to be offensive, he's jsut talknig about the metagame. It really is a good strategy, and if it works well for you, then we have no room judge you. We aren't here to be nasty little 13 y/o nerds. Because not all of us are, nor do we want people to think we are.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I don't know why, but I always get hung up on Boozer Jr's. And anyone agree that wastelands is the worst of all the levels >_>

Salaad I thought I added you, but I'll put you in next time I'm on because I dont remember seeing your name.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
2) is this supposed to mean "us veterans are used to this" because that makes me very sad, because I wont be playing any online nintendo games.
Honestly, yes, there are a LOT of disconnectors on Nintendo's wifi games (remember the DS). This is why I don't usually play online, except with other people I know. I didn't mean to say that you're a noob or anything, I just meant that you probably haven't had that experience before of so many disconnectors.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Has anybody else been getting ridiculous lag over the past couple of days, or is it just me? It seems to be off and on. Sometimes I get on and every game is fine, and sometimes every game lags really bad.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
My lag has been off and on. I've had 4 star matches, then the next match just froze up. Topday is the first day I haven't lagged out because of my own connection. I think it's a server thing because my Wi-Fi adapter/wireless router are relatively close to my wii, and have a pretty strong connection.

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
I can't get online to check the board right now, how many points do you have?
and is your Mii's name dave?

i'm Dave yes, u can't really look at what my mii looks like on the season leader board sadly tho lol, but i just took a long break so i might be knocked down lol my wii was literally pretty hot...but i'll check and tell u again, but Salaad are u going to add me? or no and wgwolverine, up for a game? lol

Salaad

Smash Ace
Lol, I added you, but it still says 0 friends! Let me logg out of that Mii and logg back in...it says "Connecting"..

Stryks, whats your FC?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lol, I tried to check out my fc code at first and I accidentally went into a battle without knowing any of the controls a few hours ago. I turned off my wii. It still said I lost though even though I hadn't even connected with the other player.

Anyways, I'm going to probably play online tomorrow. Then I'll steal all your guys's ideas on how to score goals and the characters you use. ;P I really am terrible at this game. T_T

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been getting lag.

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
GAW, you going online now?

BTW, Dave..It says your "Busy"...doing what? O_o Lolz, JK.
lol *looks around* xD i was playing random i'm losing my season leader rank :'(

oh and dont worry bout those losses salad lol, they dont count on ur record :p

Salaad

Smash Ace
lol *looks around* xD i was playing random i'm losing my season leader rank :'(

oh and dont worry bout those losses salad lol, they dont count on ur record :p

Lol, GG man...you're really good.

Dam you and your huge Mario!

Anything you think I should work on?

GAWd...I lagged out I guess..But I'll be on Later tonight..

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I think it might've been me. I dunno though, is it being a massive lag fest for everyone else?

Top Bottom