• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Argh... I'm 10-16 online.

I just get owned by people who lob pass over and over; and it hurts more because I can't do it myself. Each time I pass, it is way off target. Do they actually control each character when they lob-pass volley? I'm confused.
When people play with guests, sometimes the guest will wait in the corner by your keeper, and they'll lob the full length for some weird one on one goals. But alot of what I do when I play is charging the ball then lob passing. Your press Z+A right? My brother though Z+B was a lob pass lol. And to defend the lob game, you can press steal when you're inside the circle that indicates the final destination of the pass to steal the ball in mid-air, or you can jsut deck them with a hit. You just need to keep people from lob passing at all costs because if they keep doing it, they can charge the ball easily and get some easy bicycle kick goals.( I know because that how i racked up 5 with hammr bros with some sick bike-kicks)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, but my problem is accuracy, when I do A+Z, it only goes to one of my guys half the time, othertimes it will end up far away. I thought the computers were supposed to run to the ball until I switch over to them, but they never go to the circle indicating where the lob pass will drop. Don't tell me I have to steer them there on my own... :(

I'll add you other guys in the morning.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah, but my problem is accuracy, when I do A+Z, it only goes to one of my guys half the time, othertimes it will end up far away. I thought the computers were supposed to run to the ball until I switch over to them, but they never go to the circle indicating where the lob pass will drop. Don't tell me I have to steer them there on my own... :(

I'll add you other guys in the morning.
It helps to "preset" the next move,like pressing Z+A before it gets to them so they'll pass as soon as it gets to them, or holding B to charge a shot. Also the passing ability of your characters could be affecting it. I don't think you'll be needing to steer them yourself.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
GAW...if you just press Z remember you chip the ball, so if you press Z then A afterwards, and not fast enough, youll just shoot the ball forward without aiming or anything. that could be your problem.

EDIT: styrks that second match was full of win. and i cant believe how many times i fell for the hammer spam.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
GAW...if you just press Z remember you chip the ball, so if you press Z then A afterwards, and not fast enough, youll just shoot the ball forward without aiming or anything. that could be your problem.

Nah. I think I just need to preset it like Wolverine said.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Most epic shot I've let up, my Birdo on my old team was in my bottom corner, heading towards the middle of the field, and it got LAID OUT by Monty, and the ball flew into my own goal >_<
When doing co-op, I accidently ran infront of the goalie a friend was controling at the time he threw the ball out, bounced off me and rolled into the goal :urg:

Stryks

Smash Hero
petre wtf why did you always leave the matches?? yeah im kinda good with hammer mindgames XD

petre is officially the king of megasaves, he stopped ALL od my max speed megastrikes.... they were a total of 8 i think...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
When doing co-op, I accidently ran infront of the goalie a friend was controling at the time he threw the ball out, bounced off me and rolled into the goal :urg:
I did the same thing. (Not co-op, just single player online.)

Stupid ******* made me watch the replay, and of course it was the highlight of the match, too, so I had to watch that 3 or 4 times.

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
LOL me too i lost to a lagging son of a gun petey and they made me soo mad cuz it lagged and that's why i lost :(

*edit* btw evan gg's lol i stopped moving cuz my battery in wiimote ran out O.o xD and i declined cuz i was trying to add WGwolverine xD but ye we'll have to play tommarow again!

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
styrks, i didnt leave any matches, but it kept saying we got disconnected. i think its my crappy router. i occasionally get that 'error while transmitting data, disconnected from network' error, so its probably me.

although ive only had like 2 laggy matches so far, the rest have been fine...so who knows.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
If you want to remember who beast is on the friends list, just remember that juggernaut is a ****ing beast and you'll do fine.:chuckle:

I havent really been playing too often, and I never can seem to settle on who I actually want to team up with. I cant decide which captain I like best and I get annoyed because most of the time I have to use the hammer to score cause I can't seem to get good enough with the other sidekicks yet.

All go ahead and add the people who I havent added yet.

I'll put in my FC again for anyone else who wants it
FC: 210560 104052

Edit: I think I'm gonna pass out from entering so many numbers on my wii..

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm off to two-a-days, but I'll be expecting some matches when I get back at 3!
I have like 6 FC's to put in next time I log in.

Nintencore88

Smash Apprentice
why wont they make a mario american football game and have joe namath as a secret charecter

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't even think they have Football in Japan, so that's why.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Futbol Americano is pretty much limited to North America(Nfl,Afl, and the Canadian league) and into Europe as well (I believe there is a european equivalent to the NFL like the Frankfurt Galaxy is a team I've heard of.) Although I'm pretty sure Rugby is more accepted across the globe than Futbol Americano. I'd be willing to bet there's rugby in japan.

EDIT: I'm adding the people I spoke with last night, and going on for some matches.

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
hey wg wolverine wanna play strikers? i added u lol but not yet cuz a friend might be coming over so i'll see but i think i pm'd u my fc or something...dont remember, and also a quick question: the characters that can teleport e.g. waluigi, dry bones, daisy...how do u make them teleport farther? i've done it b4 i just dont know how

WaterTails

Smash Lord
mastersmash, you have to charge the ball (pass it around, do a charge shot, etc)

Also, :mad: I still can't get on wifi! anyone know how to stop the **** error about disconnecting while receiving stats (98050)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Y'know what sucks?

Me.
And falling right into Hammer Spammer's traps. I can normally stop them so easy, but today, I just got- pwned.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Ugh I'm so peeved. I've been getting owned by lob offenses all day. How do you intercept the ball during the lob? I can never get it now, but whenever I have a perfect shot lined up its gets intercepted mid-slo-mo bike kick.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I spam the hammer too much, Im good with mindgames with it...

NOTHING pisses me off more than lagged megastrikes, u cant stop them! right when they should come, lag kicks in, u press A too early and the ball pases... I have lost so many times cause of that...

Lob pases pissed me off so badly, since u dont need skill u keep passing it and ull score eventually, than god for bowsers flame...

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
to pass the ball press A (or hold Z and pretty much button mash A)

to do a charge shot, hold B (on your side of the field, so you don't do a skillshot/mega strike)
i know how to do that stuff xD i'm not that tarded but what i meant was why would u do those things in order to teleport farther? skillshots are also birdo's egg, boo's invisible shot thingy... those are skill shot's no? srry i just play the game i dont pay attention to the terms

Volrec

Smash Lord
I spam the hammer too much, Im good with mindgames with it...

NOTHING pisses me off more than lagged megastrikes, u cant stop them! right when they should come, lag kicks in, u press A too early and the ball pases... I have lost so many times cause of that...

Lob pases pissed me off so badly, since u dont need skill u keep passing it and ull score eventually, than god for bowsers flame...
lol.

selfownage

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol hey u dont need skill for the hammers, its just a defense thingy... but to use it effectivally without being hit is where the skill comes in XD

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yes, yes you did...

So far I havent lost a series against ay SWF member, and sand tiger, why wrent you stopping the megastrikes yesterday, or whas it some ranked dude I played? IDK...

BOWSER FTW!

Top Bottom