• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
NO JONS lol,
i had to .....for some reason id be mashing on the A button to pass or w/e and the lights at the bottom would flash and next thing you know i cant move, so i have to disconnect my nunchuck and reconnect.

BUT OMG the sudden death i lob the ball, and your goalie gets it, sends it down to Jr. for the goal i was like wtf......... its cool we both get byes if im not mistaken or something like that.......

K JUEGAZOS wey, a la otra, si nos vemos otra ves en este torneo VOY A GANAR jajaj

GG's NONETHELESS

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm back. Wolv. I'll be on in like...10 minutes if that's ok. So I guess we'll start with a victory for you at game 1 series 1. Our next two matches can be individual games and after that we can continue to the second series. How's that sound?

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
hey guys me and buzz keep getting error codes when we try to connect. We checked our firmware and everything is up to date. We aren't able to connect in friends, we keep getting error 86070, and we're basically stumped on what we should do

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
if you ask me it sounds like he's scared lol

yeah that same stuff happened to me and y3ah and i think it was me all i did was turned off the game, wii settings did a connection test, went back on AND LOST :( but yeah try that

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
yea i tried a connection test, but not him, maybe he should test his connection next time

Yaya

Smash Champion
Next Match for me is ihatemybrother.

Wario vs. Peach, completely different Captains, sounds like it's gonna be good.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
My father "banned" me from the computer for one day, so I haven't been able to follow the progress of the tournament. So if anyone feels up to it, he/she can post how the tournament's been going, so I can update the first post. It would be kind. I could do it by myself, but I'm a bit busy right now, so little help would be appreciated. :)

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Ok, so I think this is how it goes: Aaryk,JonBebonanza, Yaya, and myself are in the losers bracket. Ihatemybroter won 2 games, so he faces YeahDude. The winner of Aaryk and myself will play Yaya, and the winner of that will play JonBeBonanza.
ER and viper, mr.x a WG, flip and Buzz still need to play their matches. THere will be a short break in the tourney, until everyone has caught up. I'm updating the bracket.

@Ihatemybrother, you need to win two more games to win the championship, one against the people on the other sides of the bracket, and one against the winner of the losers bracket, so you won't be able to be played tournament wise until the other side of the bracket are caught up. Here is a view of the brackets, I think the only way you can view them is if you register, sorry:(, but they don't spam emails or anything.~http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?edit=1&tid=255490&tclass=SWC%20Brackets

Yaya

Smash Champion
GG's Ihatemybrother.
I might be having a rematch against you Metal.

So do the Loser Bracket people still have a chance of winning?

It says I don't have permission to the bracket.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Interesting. Let's hope you're not so hax based this time, Ihatemybrother. :D

But I guess we can't play our match till everybody's caught up. Wanna have a friendly?

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
No Johns.

And HAX?? No hacks. I did nothing to my wii or the game disk to alter it to my advantage, so there were no hax. Tricks? Yes, I do use tricks. You do what you can to win, imagine what the smash scene would be like if we only used what the delevopers intended us to use. So Yeahdude, this is a tournament, I will do what I need to do to WIN. This is about winning, and thats what I intend to do. The tricks I do can be countered, but not by ignorance. So win or lose, no john about "cheapness." The only thing that is cheap (and banned) is goalie camping. That I win NEVER do.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
No Johns.
I agree.

And HAX?? No hacks. I did nothing to my wii or the game disk to alter it to my advantage, so there were no hax. Tricks? Yes, I do use tricks. You do what you can to win, imagine what the smash scene would be like if we only used what the delevopers intended us to use. So Yeahdude, this is a tournament, I will do what I need to do to WIN. This is about winning, and thats what I intend to do. The tricks I do can be countered, but not by ignorance. So win or lose, no john about "cheapness." The only thing that is cheap (and banned) is goalie camping. That I win NEVER do.
You know I call them hax, man. I hate the tricks but I don't blame you for using them. And don't bring the whole Smash Bros. bull**** over here, mmkay?

I'll see if I can win against you with your haxxiness :psycho:

So... What do you say bout em friendlies?

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Yeah, I never use any trick shots anymore. I just don't see the point of using them, since they are like automatic goals most of the time. Doing them once in a while is ok, but it gets annoying when players do them constantly. I heard aaryk doesn't use them either, so our match will be about pure skill. I'm up for friendlies, if anyone is interested.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
I heard aaryk doesn't use them either, so our match will be about pure skill.
PURE skill?!? I will admit that there IS skill involved in charging a ball till its white and getting it to you shooter, but after that, your shot goes in based on percentages. With all due respect, getting one in requires luck. Maybe not much luck, because they go in often, but some luck because you can, at times, randomly miss. Then the other guys makes his, and he gets the lead. I believe that more skill is needed to find an opening in the defense, and perform a trick shot. The reason I reverted to trick shots is because there is too much luck involved otherwise. Again, this message wasn't intended to be an attack, I don't want to start a flame war.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Alright, I was exaggerating a bit, but I was saying that my match against aaryk will require skill for me to interpret when he is going to shoot, since he isn't going to do trick shots, I have to be more concentrated on when he is passing the ball past half court.

@ yeahdude: ggs... i know you won't probably believe me, and thats ok..., but i was eating some dinner when I was playing you lol (I didnt have lunch at school, and i was hungry), its not a john. If I wasn't eating, I would have probably focused more on shooting that I did on defending, but you still probably woulda creamed me nonetheless, maybe even by the amount you did today, even if I wasnt eating lol.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I thought I had explained myself pretty well, smartass. It's not based on luck, but where you're standing on, the char. you're using, how much the ball is charged, how much you're charging the shot/how are you receiving the pass to shoot, the direction you're tilting the stick in, etc. The thing is, that unlike tricks, it's too complicated to know entirely, so you don't score all the time. There are some places that I know that I'm gonna score if I shoot there, like in tricks.

@ML: I believe you. And I don't consider that a john.

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
Guys, it appears this is on the fast track to becoming a flame war, so I suggest you both stop bickering. This argument isn't going anywere.

GG's Yeahdude. You'd think I'd have figured out TOAD IS EFFIN USELESS by now. ^_^

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Yes, shooting has a lot of variables, using a specific one, the position of the goalie, I have invented 3 new shooting (not chip, even though they involve a chip) tricks. I was going to keep this secret until after the tournament, but here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YLirRMfizQ

The chip is used simply to get the goalie out of position, making for easy lobs when he is drawn out, or easy shots when he is unable to change position quickly enough

Top Bottom