• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It's bad that you don't know how good your own connection is. The lag depends on it too, and not only the opposite connection. I guess mine is around 3 stars. But sometimes it really lags. I don't accept anyone with 3 stars, because I know that it will be laggy thanks to my connection. 3 stars + 3 stars = lag. 3 stars + 4 stars = ok.

The star rating that is shown is the connection BETWEEN the two of you. It's not like if I'm playing you I'll see three stars and you'll see four.

I get what you're trying to say, but that's not really what's going on.

Andromeda

Smash Lord

The star rating that is shown is the connection BETWEEN the two of you. It's not like if I'm playing you I'll see three stars and you'll see four.

I get what you're trying to say, but that's not really what's going on.
Oh yeah? I've always thought it was like I wrote... Eh.. whatever. I hope you're right.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm not all that impressed with the wii troopers. i played three of them today, and only lost to one.i faced a trip dry bones waluigi, double hammer, birdo/dk, and trip drybones diddy. That doesn't make them good really. They are just willing to play cheaply. I'd rather lose with my team and have SWF in front of my name, than win with trip dry bones diddy anyday and be a wiit trooper.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I'm feeling like a SWF vs. [wt] gang battle is approaching.
we need to assert ourselves as the dominant striker forum.

Anyway, i'll be playing on and off a little more. If you see me online, send e a request, and for anyone who doesnt have my FC yet, its in my location. once you add me, PM me yours.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm going online for a match or two now. Same as Aaryk says, add me then follow up with a pm and ill add you. What's the benefit to using the through ball(Z) along the sides of the walls, everyone I've played on [wt] does it incessantly.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm going online for a match or two now. Same as Aaryk says, add me then follow up with a pm and ill add you. What's the benefit to using the through ball(Z) along the sides of the walls, everyone I've played on [wt] does it incessantly.
It powers up the ball to brighter colors. I use it with Dry Bones so my teleport goes really far when I arrive at the goal.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
So, for experimentation purposes, I tried using Yoshi and three Hammer Bros... and it worked surprisingly well! It carries a serious trade off. Obviously, my defense was horrible. All my characters were super slow, but I did manage alright (spacing four players out really helps). What I lacked in defense I easily made up for in offense. It was funny to watch my opponents work so hard to squeeze a goal in only to watch me score twice in half the time. So, I had really high-scoring games, but I usually came out on top! Speed was not as big an issue as I thought. :)

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Charge deke charge is to get the ball white, not to score.:urg:
yeah, boo's deke distance does not vary with the ball color, like DB. its got the same amount as a toad jump. so if you can toad hop the goalie, you can boo deke too:grin:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Hey, you guys wanna play?

♪I beat Buzz, I beat Buzz♪

I'm getting on. Ta ta!
No, you didn't. I was busy mowing the lawn (thank goodness for Bluetooth), eating lunch, taking a shower, studying for a test, and browsing the Internet all while playing you. I demand a rematch.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I never knew the utility of the chip was so important untill I got my *** kicked, burned, and then served to me on a silver platter by [wt]kratos guy. wow. Like my kritter didn't even react to some of the chips he did with boo, but I'm working on mastering it guys, you wait and see, my team is completely different now.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Thunder Island, Sand Tomb, flying ship ( dunno the name), and Lava Pit all suck.

I like Vice city, the Classroom, and the castle stage (even though it lags like crazy.)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
All hazard stages are aggravating in one way or another, but learning how to use them helps immensely.

I hate Crystal Canyon when it zaps my two Dry Bones. That leaves me with two slow characters. :(

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
...Funny Goal report!
Sudden Death, in a 1-1 tie in a ranked match. The score is 3-3....
My 2 Dry Bones are all ICED, and my Hammer Bro is trying to waddle up the field as the foe's DK is charging the ball in my half. He releases...a goal...I win the match...
WAIT WHAT?
Watching the replay, the Giant Ice Shell that freezes my sidekicks gets in the way of DK's Shot just as he fires, and it ricochets directly into the bottom right hand corner of his goal! The Goalkeeper doesn't even Move! XD

Oh, and another one that happened a while ago when I was playing my clanmate, I'm winning, and have just scored a goal. He kicks off and passes to his Toad. He's running towards his goal to lure me out of position. I use my Giant Bomb I have as an item, it hits Toad, and the ball explodes into the net. I was laughing so much!

Do any of you have magical goal moments that made you LOL?

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
This wasnt magical, but it was funny.

I was up against this one guy who was playing as Peach in Ranked, and the score was 5-6 (me with 5), and right about when the time was about to run out, he uses toad to jump over HIS OWN goal...We went into sudden death and he still won :p Maybe he wanted an extra point? lol.

And I'm going to go search in ranked now, My Mii's name is Zoolander :) I don't want to share friend codes because I'm not the only one who plays, and my parents would get mad if they saw I've added someone I saw on the internet into my friend codes.

primusfan

Smash Ace
This wasnt magical, but it was funny.

I was up against this one guy who was playing as Peach in Ranked, and the score was 5-6 (me with 5), and right about when the time was about to run out, he uses toad to jump over HIS OWN goal...We went into sudden death and he still won :p Maybe he wanted an extra point? lol.

And I'm going to go search in ranked now, My Mii's name is Zoolander :) I don't want to share friend codes because I'm not the only one who plays, and my parents would get mad if they saw I've added someone I saw on the internet into my friend codes.
You're parents shouldnt get mad. You can't talk or communicate with the person you're playing against in any way. It's 100% safe to add someone.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Buzz, we gotta play dude. I still havent played you. I want a challenge!!
Today is a bad bad bad day to play, but add me on messenger. I could probably play anytime starting tomorrow. :)

Top Bottom