• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario & Sonic at the Olympics

SonicMario

Smash Master
This is a really old thread. My post on the top was 3 MONTHS AGO! But yes I am picking this up. It's in my username. Pratically >_>

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nah im not excited by this game at all, the trailer is epic, but im waiting for a final review, if it gets above 9 (which I doubt) I may get it...

But galaxy, BWii, FE FTW...

SonicMario

Smash Master
This game is probably for the casual that knows both Sonic & Mario. Further proof of it being for Casuals are the Mii's being playable. So depending on what type of gamer you are, depends how long you'll play it. But I'm not saying Hardcore players can't enjoy it, but people who want the serious fighting stuff like in Brawl they won't find it here. And even if the game is a little sketchy with the critics. The appeal of both Sonic & Mario will boost sales of it. It's just a big event. 2 video game characters that were once rivals are now having Friendly competitions instead of Economic ones, in the Olympics. Sega had the big idea to put in big bucks easily. Of course they may have done the trade in with Brawl. Mario characters in their game and Nintendo allowing them to use Sonic in Brawl >_>.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sorry if I have to double post AND Bump this topic. But I do believe the game has come out today. Does anybody have the game yet? I'm getting it tomorrow.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
One of the funnest games I've played this year. Really surprised me. More of a workout than Wii Sports is too. Left my upper arms pretty sore, and that doesn't usually happen even when I'm working out.

Definitely a game that you'll want to play with friends, though. Fencing in particular is really incredibly well done, and ping-pong takes a fair bit of practice but can get really intense.

I have only praise for this game, though it does get some slight tarnish to it's shine due to recycling voice clips from previous Mario and Sonic titles. But honestly, that doesn't really matter. They'd be the same anyway.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I really stink at this game. Only event I'm good at is Archery and Trampoline. I can't do 100 dash or the long jump. Any tips? This game is hard.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I picked up the game today. While it is more mini games, and can hurt your arms ala-wii sports, it is more than the 'Spiritual Wii Sports 2' that Nintendo once tried to market it as. Really a fun game. It's not a party game, but certainly alot of fun with friends...especially me who is in a college dorm building. Best quote of the day while playing was when one of my buddies using Sonic lost a race to me using Bowser. "Holy piss i need to go kick a grandma right now!". Reserving the game mid-summer was worth that quote alone.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
It's the final game I'm ever going to get from SEGA. I'm tired of shelling out $50 for diaapointments.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I thought this game was great! Its very very fun with friends. It gives you a good workout. There were way more games than I expected to be on this. A whole bunch of extra stuff. It has all my favorite characters. Its a game where my friends actually have a chance of beating me. So it makes it even funner! I think they did a great job making this game.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Why did they include "sports" that aren't even considered sports at all? Like Table Tennis?

Masterem243

Smash Lord
On what planet? Oh, and btw, just because you saw it in the movie Beerfest, doesn't mean it actually happens in the Olympics.

SonicMario

Smash Master
On what planet? Oh, and btw, just because you saw it in the movie Beerfest, doesn't mean it actually happens in the Olympics.
O RLY?
10 char limit/

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
2008 Beijing Olympic Events
Archery Athletics Badminton Baseball Basketball Boxing Canoeing Cycling Divin Equestrian Fencing Field Hockey Football/Soccer Gymnastics Handball Judo Modern pentathlon Rowing Sailing Shooting Softball Swimming Synchronized swimming Table tennis Taekwondo Tennis Triathlon Volleyball Water polo Weightlifting Wrestling

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i havnt gotten it yet but should for xmas. it looks pretty good, and the reviews from major game sites arent half bad

Florida

イーグランツ
No way I am gonna buy this.
Did you mean, "There's no way I'm going to buy this game," or, "No way! I'm going to buy this game!?

This game looks stupid, if you ask me.
The only hype there should be between Mario and Sonic in the same game is in Brawl.

I don't know, this game just doesn't look... fun.
And how come Mario is running just as fast as Sonic is in the first trailer?

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Did you mean, "There's no way I'm going to buy this game," or, "No way! I'm going to buy this game!?

This game looks stupid, if you ask me.
The only hype there should be between Mario and Sonic in the same game is in Brawl.

I don't know, this game just doesn't look... fun.
And how come Mario is running just as fast as Sonic is in the first trailer?
Are you kidding?? I won't buy this even if it was the only game on the Wii.

the concept is so sooo stupid, Sonic is in the game which doesn't help, and on top of that SEGA is the one who made it.

I won't buy any game made buy them.

Shock the Hedgehog

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockhog
Wow, I've seen a lot of negative comments about this game. It's actually really fun, it's not too easy, but it's not too hard either, it's the perfect difficulty settting. There's a pretty good amount of single player content, as well as great games for parties and friends. Though the game lacks online play, it has an online leaderboard where you can send your best records and try to rise above the others. It's a great game and anyone who says that they won't buy it because it was made by Sega is missing out big time. It's a nice game that, combined with Mario Galaxy, can make the wait for Brawl easier.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
It's a good game, but it's not what people wanted to see Mario and Sonic doing together at all. At least not the first game starring both of them. It would be more understandable if it was like the 4th game with them together. What I was hoping for was that 1/4 of the way through the game Bowser and Dr. Eggman would team up to conquer our world (since for some reason, 2 characters that live in seperate universes the Earth all together decide to meet there), and the sports genre would dissolve all together and it would become an adventure game, where Mario and Sonic teamed up to save our planet. But then again, it's SEGA we're talking about here.

SonicMario

Smash Master
True, but until Nintendo & Sega fans DEMAND a new adventure game with both soon. There won't be any. Any more may be just sequals to this game due to Sega knowing the decent scores to the game. Many of the ratings were at least a 7 or 8/10. Maybe somebody could start a petition >_>

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Don't leave it to SEGA. They'll screw up, like they've done time and time again. Sakurai has already confirmed that Sonic and Mario will be a team in SE, as shown in Sonic Joins the Brawl. Nintendo doesn't have a tendency of screwing things up, especially when it comes to this game. Hopefully a majority of Sonic's story in Brawl will be paired with Mario.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I've seen a lot of negative comments about this game. It's actually really fun, it's not too easy, but it's not too hard either, it's the perfect difficulty settting. There's a pretty good amount of single player content, as well as great games for parties and friends. Though the game lacks online play, it has an online leaderboard where you can send your best records and try to rise above the others. It's a great game and anyone who says that they won't buy it because it was made by Sega is missing out big time. It's a nice game that, combined with Mario Galaxy, can make the wait for Brawl easier.
can you adjust the difficulty?
this plus galaxy will scar the gaming community to the point were the brawl wait is unbarable.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
You can't adjust the difficulty, as far as I know. There are different circuits that you can participate in, each one harder then the last, but not by a significant amount.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think most negative comments on this game are people who don't have anyone to play with it, tired of all the Minigame Wii games, or are people that aren't about casual games like this one. Because if you had played with someone, this can be just as fun as Wii Sports was or better. I've had laughs with it. It does get boring when you're alone, but nothing beats playing it wih someone.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I got it so I could stab Sonic with a Fencing Sword. The Stress relief is worth the money. But why pick such obscure characters for Team Sonic? Why not include Silver and Rouge instead of Vector and Blaze?

SonicMario

Smash Master
For the record, I believe Silver is unlockable (Along with DK >_>). You just have to get the World Record in every event that has a World Record to break. And I sort of didn't like the appearence of Blaze. I would of rather have had Rouge since she was there longer (Even with her 4kids Horish voice >_>) then Blaze. Too bad Espio isn't playable.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
The choices for Sonic team weren't smart. Mario's on the other hand...was basically the Mario Party Cast sans DK.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I agree that some of them were not right. And like i said CheatCC said DK is unlockable, just get all events and beat the world records of the ones that provide them.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Hard to believe. Where would he fit in the cast? There's no question mark there. Would he be the 5th Power Type?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Same thing with Silver. He is unlocked at the same time Donkey Kong is.

EDIT: We've been pretty much the only discussors lately :/

Top Bottom