• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Social Thread

a rookie

Smash Ace
I feel it's 60/40 overall. Falco can camp with his gay *** lasers under a platform xD
Where Mario can only throw fireballs and cape some lasers back. Plus, Falco has solid
approaches, whereas Mario does not.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
PS and you'll be fine.

Nah, it's for sure Falco's favor if it doesn't do anything silly. Just like any Falco vs *w/e* match up though, if you get a hit, you can end it. So Falco REALLY can't make a mistake/get read. So really it goes kind of like this...

Falco can't do anything mildly risky, play safe and smart BUT keep the pressure on.
Mario needs to find a hole in that pressure or anticipate something to make one.

Just like anything else in the game, this match up comes down to intelligence rather than 'overpowering' or 'out matching'

Much 'easier' for Falco, and he's the one with control of 'space and time'. Mario is the one that needs to has to take the 'time jump' or 'reach out' into that space and time to try and snag Falco (with a grab obvs lol ;D) and end it with that chance before Falco gets his remote control of 'space and time' again.

Completely winnable, just easier for Falco since it's EASY to take that control (natural really) and breaking it relies on you being SMART and PREDICTING correctly.

Neither can/will make a mistake, but Mario has to get out of comfort zones to get Falco out of his.

.... >_>
Yeah...
But I love fighting Mario as Falco cause it's scary and I get to know what 'makes me uncomfy' so now when I play Falcos, they say it's scary playing against my Mario.
Playing lots of characters at a high level is sexy...

<_<

PS: DD > Shield > WD OOS > DD > Garb
I should have this as a sig by now ^^
lol

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
I'd rather this awesome info be put in the Matchup Thread pleeeaaase

I also like to lift falco up and put him down

(uthrow -> fair -> jab reset)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
PS and you'll be fine.
I find it incredibly difficult to PS with Mario. I don't know if it's just me, but it should be noted that Mario has a pretty small shield. At any rate Caping is by far more reliable against Falco.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
dude i feel like fireball reset is flashy as hell you just got to time it right but its worth it

if you double fireball a spacie of the board for the kill, call it the condemned combo

a rookie

Smash Ace
Haha, alright xD But I'm pretty sure all the Mario's knew about that. If I get a shout-out, I'm gonna shout-out to all of you Mario's! You guys will not be forgotten (:

a rookie

Smash Ace
Hm, not sure. I really wish I did. My friend ThePinkReaper is in their and he's a Kirby main(shout outs to Kirby mains) =D

Bamesy

Smash Ace
You don't wanna be in the broom.
I was invited twice and refused both.
There is nothing good about it.
It's silly.
Really... lol

shoutouts to broom XD

I gimp with the big moves. Meaning...tricking them into doing something and fsmashing them for falling into my trap.

Or just WL on the stage, turn around fthrow OVER and OVER and OVER lol
That's always a good pridebuster to them spacies. :p

a rookie

Smash Ace
Yeah, spacies are too good. It depends on the player in the long run, not the character. Shout out to Taj & Iori for holding down Mewtwo.

a rookie

Smash Ace
Yeah, shout out to Japan for having some very good competitors. Brown Mario, Aniki, Masashi, Fumi, Bombsoldier, AK, Mikael, etc.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
shout out to the mario they keep the mario boards alive, dablackpacman for putting it down with link(I see you bro) UTI, and MI for making it hard to get melee practice.

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
I am so tired
of not going to tournaments
it hasn't bothered me until now that much because I had a few friends I could practice with
but of course I hit that ceiling of being "best on the block yayuz" and now I can't seem to schedule anything
there was a tournament on LI today. valley stream
I could've been there no problem
except I have to go to this music thing for school. HMEA.
I hate this. my smash career has barely started and I can't even give it a kick start

the main reason I'm posting this is because OTG is in NY too, probably makes it to more tournaments and is straight up more active than I am, but I'm sure I could atleast get to his level if I just had the resources

he's also talking ****, so like any sane person I wanna beat him because of that

Bamesy

Smash Ace
I've been in the same boat funkytown.

Living 6 hours away from the nearest tournament threatening player is tough. Then travelling that much to regional tournaments is lame since it's so much travel for so little play.

Just keep changing how you're playing and help those around you get better. This is the best thing you can do as the 'best on the block' type of thing.

I've taken multiple 6 month breaks in the 3 years I've been playing. Playing less has probably been beneficial though. Not getting systems or routines or habbits. You can use the time away from the tournament scene to fine tune your game in terms of how to grow in other areas rather then how to make your foundation.

I reached a milestone last spring and didn't play through the summer. Started actually 'maining' characters and played a bunch through Nov/Dec against a huge range of players from around the world and 3 of the best in the region for a good amount of time.

Now, I've reached a point where I literally don't have to go to tournaments or play people of that calibur to sustain where I am or improve. I've seen what it's like and played at that level, I know what it takes and what it means. Now, by working with the locals, they get better and in turn improve each other. Similar to the other baby region within my region, I'm now one of those players that those improving can learn from as I reached that level. It came from a long break of broadening out and a burst of play time.

Don't focus on playing lots, be aware of playing properly, that's how you'll get your kickstart. You don't have to actually 'play' to 'improve'. You can get there through discussion, helping locals, anything. Be communicative, we're all one giant community. Your locals are you community, communicate and help each other. Then when you DO get that burst, you'll know how to actually use it to the fullest, and burst ahead.

Trust me on this, it's all I've ever done with smash to get to where I am and I've brought some of the best players in the world (truth) out of slumps through talking to them about the way they're trying to improve.
- You don't have to play LOTS or practice OVER and OVER. All you have to do is play DIFFERENTLY every single time.

Become something your locals can work from. Everyone around me is excelling dramatically by the way we've oppened up and it has made me excell to the plateau of those I used to work from, and still do and always will. If you're not the best in the world, that doesn't mean you have to play the best to get there. Just change what you're doing, and if that's not the best, keep changing until you're there. You'll know when you reach the stepping stones along the way. Don't stop changing, as changing is the ONLY way to become different towards what is better... AKA to IMPROVE. Fact of life regarding anything. ;)

YOU GOT THIS!!!

YOU GOT THIS!!!!

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
Bamesy's inspirational wisdom
and this, my friend, is why you have not been enfracted

seriously though, thank you. that was some insight that I needed. no doubt.

plus helping the community is some damn good karma

I also apologize for saying your posts were spammy before lol

Bamesy

Smash Ace
LOL

PS: Don't listen to non-Mario players (aka peeps you want to get better than, like otg or something, if someone thinks bo1000 and s1000n are 'bottom of the top 20 falcos' then they have no idea what's up)
You can easily be better than anyone if you get the right mindset for it.

We got this here. Mario team all the way. Even when I main 15 other characters too, Mario is one of them. ;)

Condemned, *****es get ****ed

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I am so ****ing sorry for all the swearing all the damn time. i ****ing swear people tese days dont understand mario so imma tell all haters to G.et T.he F.uck O.n

Top Bottom