• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Party Series

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I hated Mario Party 5 for the whole capsule idea. They removed the store and they basically pick the item for you!!!! I liked the shop at the stores and buy what I want!
Which is why it was viewed negatively (in my eyes).
Maybe we should rank the item selection by games, seing as some had a better variety...

1) Mario Party 3 (Item mini-games, special item events, prize bag, reverse mushroom!)
2) Mario Party 7 (Special items varied amoung characters you played; Mario Party character tiers!)
3) Mario Party 8 (Some were broken, some were almost useless; the candy items were overall nice.)
4) Mario Party 6 (Nothing too memorable, had a good balance.)
5) Mario Party 4 (Too much mini-mega, but the games for when you were small were good.)
6) Mario Party 2 (Little to choose from, a skeleton key was 10 coins back then.)
7) Mario Party 5 (Capsule system was terrible.)
8) Mario Party (No items .___.)

Reverse mushroom was the best item! I once remember an epic 3-turn stretch:

In Mario Party 3, on Whispy Woods, I was 2 spaces from boo, had 17 coins, and 1 star. I rolled an 5, stole 21 coins with boo, landed on an item mini-game, but toad came down. I answered his question, and recieved a Lucky coin (the coin that made that Shy Guy, who played you in a luck-based mini-game). I then won the mini-game (chip shot challenge), used the reverse mushroom on the next turn, rolled a 6, and landed on a hidden block, which had a star in it. I then won a 2vs2 mini-game, used the Lucky coin, and played the game "Lucky 7". I first rolled a 1, Game Guy rolled a 4, he rolled again, it was a 2. I then rolled, and got a 6! I won, and my coins then multiplied by 10! After the game, I rolled an 8, stole a star with boo, spent 30 coins on the item "prize bag". I had no items at the time, and I recieved a golden lamp, a skeleton key, and another golden lamp.

Best 3-turn stretch ever!

Ange

Smash Lord
In Mario Party 3, on Whispy Woods, I was 2 spaces from boo, had 17 coins, and 1 star. I rolled an 5, stole 21 coins with boo, landed on an item mini-game, but toad came down. I answered his question, and recieved a Lucky coin (the coin that made that Shy Guy, who played you in a luck-based mini-game). I then won the mini-game (chip shot challenge), used the reverse mushroom on the next turn, rolled a 6, and landed on a hidden block, which had a star in it. I then won a 2vs2 mini-game, used the Lucky coin, and played the game "Lucky 7". I first rolled a 1, Game Guy rolled a 4, he rolled again, it was a 2. I then rolled, and got a 6! I won, and my coins then multiplied by 10! After the game, I rolled an 8, stole a star with boo, spent 30 coins on the item "prize bag". I had no items at the time, and I recieved a golden lamp, a skeleton key, and another golden lamp.

Best 3-turn stretch ever!
LUCKY GUY. o_o Nothing could probably beat that.

And for the whole capsule-system thing in MP5, it was quite weak. I disliked the idea that you just got a random capsule, and sometimes you got one of these purple ones with a Baby Bowser in it. q_q But for the mini-games, they were great, some were bad but some were hella fun. They defiently improved this "shop-system" again in Mario Party 6, which is my favorite GC Party title.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
HELL NO, THEY NEED TO LIVE FOREVER!!!

But they need to make the sieres more addctive though.

Let's see:

Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Party 4
Mario Party E
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6
Mario Party Advance
Mario Party 7
Mario Party 8
Mario Party DS

Your right. I will say that Mario Party 5 is very very under rep though, with Game Informer giving it a 2 and everything. =/

I will still say the Mario Party 7 is the best and most funnest though, but Mario Party 6 tops it however.

Mario Party 3 is the best! GameCube ones PHAIL.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm honestly sick of the Mario Party series. The first three were great, and then they digressed in structure - going off on unnecessary tangents to try and blend a new and unique Mario Party game. I'd have to say that Mario Party 8 was easily one of, if not the worst in the series. The boards were extremely gimmicky and had completely lost the classic feel of a board game. This series is dead, and has been long since before 8 even debuted.

Mario Kart
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Mario Baseball
Mario Soccer
Mario Basketball
Mario Party

They've only not done Hockey and Football, and that's probably due in part to the rest of the world associating the name "football" with what is actually Soccer (hence why they named it Strikers as to generalize the title). I'm really tired of the Mario spinoff games. They're milking a wonderful franchise of all its worth. I'd rather them cease the production of all of the above listed titles (and that may go for Kart also) in order to better the Super Mario series.

The only hope I see in the Mario Kart franchise (following the latest mess of a title), is if they divert it so as to rename the series "Mario Racing", which would comprise all forms of racing, land, sea, air, space, etc.

Hell, make a Super Smash Bros. Racing game, where rather than depending on item boxes, you actually fight while racing (movesets would be altered to accommodate the vehicle type/shape/size and the racing schematic in its entirety). I'm taking this to the SSB4 thread...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm honestly sick of the Mario Party series. The first three were great, and then they digressed in structure - going off on unnecessary tangents to try and blend a new and unique Mario Party game. I'd have to say that Mario Party 8 was easily one of, if not the worst in the series. The boards were extremely gimmicky and had completely lost the classic feel of a board game. This series is dead, and has been long since before 8 even debuted.

Mario Kart
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Mario Baseball
Mario Soccer
Mario Basketball
Mario Party

They've only not done Hockey and Football, and that's probably due in part to the rest of the world associating the name "football" with what is actually Soccer (hence why they named it Strikers as to generalize the title). I'm really tired of the Mario spinoff games. They're milking a wonderful franchise of all its worth. I'd rather them cease the production of all of the above listed titles (and that may go for Kart also) in order to better the Super Mario series.

The only hope I see in the Mario Kart franchise (following the latest mess of a title), is if they divert it so as to rename the series "Mario Racing", which would comprise all forms of racing, land, sea, air, space, etc.

Hell, make a Super Smash Bros. Racing game, where rather than depending on item boxes, you actually fight while racing (movesets would be altered to accommodate the vehicle type/shape/size and the racing schematic in its entirety). I'm taking this to the SSB4 thread...
Never even joke about that.

SSBR sounds like a worse idea than ANY of the games you mentioned.

Now if they made a Smash Bros. where the characters had the controls from their respective games (with a little balancing of course)...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

Mario Kart
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Mario Baseball
Mario Soccer
Mario Basketball
Mario Party

This is the most intelligent post in this whole thread by far. All of these Mario spin-offs NEED TO STOP NOW. Mario Kart can stay though, that one is the only decent one of the above listed.

Unfortunately, this won't happen because the freaking casuals will eat anything up with the name Mario on it, and Nintendo realizes no matter how crappy the game ends up being, they will make money.

Ever since the Wii came out, Nintendo has been showing us their true colors. They are alienating their true fans while they suck all of the money out of the casual gamers. Anyone who denies that is obviously blind.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This is the most intelligent post in this whole thread by far. All of these Mario spin-offs NEED TO STOP NOW. Mario Kart can stay though, that one is the only decent one of the above listed.

Unfortunately, this won't happen because the freaking casuals will eat anything up with the name Mario on it, and Nintendo realizes no matter how crappy the game ends up being, they will make money.

Ever since the Wii came out, Nintendo has been showing us their true colors. They are alienating their true fans while they suck all of the money out of the casual gamers. Anyone who denies that is obviously blind.
Yea, I remember the good ol' N64 days but now it's all about mini-games. They don't care about their "hardcore" fan base, they just want to make a quick buck.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Never even joke about that.

SSBR sounds like a worse idea than ANY of the games you mentioned.

Now if they made a Smash Bros. where the characters had the controls from their respective games (with a little balancing of course)...
Okay, I will 'never even joke about that'. It's a good thing I wasn't joking, because that would make me some kind of a liar, right?

I love the Super Mario series - all of the Mario Bros, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy -- but I cannot stand the worthless, half-***** spinoffs. Why did I suggest a Smash Bros Racing game? Because it would be better than the crap that the Mario Kart series has become. Hell, even a Zelda Racing game (despite how unlikely that is) would be better than current Mario Kart.

Mario Kart initially did wonders for the series, and continued to do so until epic fail Double Dash. Mario Kart DS revived it, but MKWii again, brought it back down (although not as far as DD did). The Zelda series has featured numerous racing challenges across the board (Epona/Horseback racing, Goron rolling, Zora-Beaver underwater racing, and numerous other accounts). So why stop there? The idea is growing on me, and while it would be a spinoff, the Zelda series hardly gets any spinoffs at all, and those that are, are similar to the main series.

Mario Kart is easily the best of the Mario spinoffs, but it is falling right now. I'd hate to see it perish, as the series has had some truly amazing titles. It's things like Miis, mega-gimmicks, and a complete change in mechanics that hurt the game. Like I said before, perhaps adding various types of racing and vehicles to the game could save it at this point, and although bikes touched on this idea, they alone - as an addition - diverted the series off to an odd tangent. Mario Kart with bikes... It's kind of odd. Mario Kart with bikes, planes, hovercrafts, and any other racecraft, feels so much more balanced. It's not two-sided, and it introduces a great variety, while the term "kart" now applies to any of these vehicles that can somehow "cart" you around, in any which way.

Thank you. Another real gamer! Gaming for enjoyment is hard to find these days on Nintendo consoles. Gaming for enjoyment was impossible to avoid on the Nintendo 64. Look at the comparative games from these eras - N64 vs. Wii:

Super Mario 64 vs. Super Mario Galaxy (N64 wins)
Ocarina of Time vs. Twilight Princess (N64 wins)
Mario Kart 64 vs. Mario Kart Wii (N64 wins)
Mario Party 1, 2, 3 vs. Mario Party 8 (N64 wins)
Pokemon Stadium 1, 2 vs. Pokemon Battle Revolution (N64 wins)
Super Smash Bros. 64 vs. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (eh... I'll give this to the Wii)
Donkey Kong 64 vs. Nintendo no longer cares about this series (Wii fails epically)

Hmm... which era is better? Which era did Nintendo blatantly care about the sheer enjoyment factor in their games? Obviously the Nintendo 64. Now, I won't even contest the Super Nintendo, because it would destroy the Wii more so than the 64 could, but it's blatantly obvious - Nintendo games nowadays suck. The Gamecube was the last Nintendo console.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Around Mario Party 5 and 6 came the downfall.

I had 4 for GCN and it was awesome. I also have 8 but Nintendo just slaps Mario parties out too quickly and they just turn out boring... I personally don't like the series such.

Ange

Smash Lord
Eh, the reason why the Mario Party series gets worse is the lack of ideas. Thats why they keep loosing originality as the first games had. I agree alittle they should stop with the series, or start some kind of new one, cause the more there are in a series, the worse it gets. The first ones will always be the best and have the most originality. Mario Party have gone a little too far, and if Nintendo is stupid enough to do some kind of "remake" of the earlier N64 ones, I'll get destroyed from inside. |:

Mario Kart is easily the best of the Mario spinoffs, but it is falling right now. I'd hate to see it perish, as the series has had some truly amazing titles. It's things like Miis, mega-gimmicks, and a complete change in mechanics that hurt the game. Like I said before, perhaps adding various types of racing and vehicles to the game could save it at this point, and although bikes touched on this idea, they alone - as an addition - diverted the series off to an odd tangent. Mario Kart with bikes... It's kind of odd. Mario Kart with bikes, planes, hovercrafts, and any other racecraft, feels so much more balanced. It's not two-sided, and it introduces a great variety, while the term "kart" now applies to any of these vehicles that can somehow "cart" you around, in any which way.
It would be awesome if Mario Kart actually had hovering cars in some game, tho that kindoff makes me think of that Star Wars racing game, or Sonic Riders. :c

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
They shouldn't release a new version of a game every year in my opinion. They should take their time in quality, not quantity. (*looks at the Mario Party and Call of Duty series)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
They shouldn't release a new version of a game every year in my opinion. They should take their time in quality, not quantity. (*looks at the Mario Party and Call of Duty series)
There should never be four games from a single linear series on a single system.

Except Madden.

Maybe.

EDIT: When IS Mario Party 9 coming out? I've been bored enough with the current Wii titles to be willing to buy it.

Grunt

Smash Master
I've only ever played #1, #2, and #4.
I thought 1 and 2 were fantastic. My favorite was the Colored mushroom game (Does anyone know what I'm talking about)

but #4 had that falling page Mini game which I loved and it had a beach volleyball game, which was awesome =D
Pretty much what I was gunna say.

M.K

Level 55
In the newer games, the pace was accelerated and the wackiness was increased tenfold.
I could go from 1st to 4th place within 1-2 turns.
I felt like the original Mario Party (and a few after that) made you work for that win.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Mario Kart
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Mario Baseball
Mario Soccer
Mario Basketball
Mario Party
^^4 need to end

I agree that some series are becoming over mlked (MP) but I don't see what's wrong with releasing 1 Mario____ game per gen. I think some of them should be dropped like tennis and golf but the rest seem fine.

My brother bought Soccer and baseball and there both pretty good games. If they were to work on the rest of the games and actually put a bit more effort, I'm sure they could pass as a "good" game.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Spire

III
BRoomer
^^4 need to end

I agree that some series are becoming over mlked (MP) but I don't see what's wrong with releasing 1 Mario____ game per gen. I think some of them should be dropped like tennis and golf but the rest seem fine.

My brother bought Soccer and baseball and there both pretty good games. If they were to work on the rest of the games and actually put a bit more effort, I'm sure they could pass as a "good" game.

-:bowser:Bowser King
I'm also sure that Nintendo could put a lot of time into making a wonderful "Mario Sports" game, synonymous with Wii Sports, but involving fully developed and refined games all under one titles - encompassing tennis, golf, sluggers, strikers, etc, etc. Mario Kart can stay separate of course, but a Mario Sports series would help to unify these lackluster titles into a conglomerate of a Mario sports-themed spin-off title, and I would actually support that.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
In the newer games, the pace was accelerated and the wackiness was increased tenfold.
I could go from 1st to 4th place within 1-2 turns.
I felt like the original Mario Party (and a few after that) made you work for that win.
That's why the original Mario Party oozed awesome. It was a difficult game and the risk was worth the reward.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Sorry I just had to quote this:

Super Mario 64 vs. Super Mario Galaxy (N64 wins)
You can't say that for sure, Galaxy's had levels, music, and a storyline that out blasted Super Mario 64's levels, music, and storyline. The only reason why some people complain is because the level's and bosses are easier than Super Mario 64. However, the level of the difficulty does not make the game great all the time.

Ocarina of Time vs. Twilight Princess (N64 wins)
Can't really agure with that, but to say that Twilight Princess takes longer to complete than Ocarina of time. But Twilight Princess is an awesome game regardless, just that Ocarina of Time is even better when it comes to the fans I suppose.

Mario Kart 64 vs. Mario Kart Wii (N64 wins)
This is a HELL NAW!!! Tell me you didn't just say a game that has a whole lot of glitches, to be said the worst Mario Kart game right now, and Toad just takes over the whole game with Rubber Band AI's at it's best is better than Mario Kart Wii. To add on this, Mario Kart Wii has too many more options to choose from that Mario Kart 64 had not. Also, the most important reason... Toadette is not in Mario Kart 64(lol, that's my option). ;p

Mario Party 1, 2, 3 vs. Mario Party 8 (N64 wins)
That's kind of not fair, 64 had three Mario Party's to show and Wii only has one?! That's like saying which system had the most games, 64 or Wii and the Wii came out late 2006.

Pokemon Stadium 1, 2 vs. Pokemon Battle Revolution (N64 wins)
Well, that's sadly true as for now, but like I said to the Mario Party section, too soon to say which is better though.

Super Smash Bros. 64 vs. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (eh... I'll give this to the Wii)
Good.

Donkey Kong 64 vs. Nintendo no longer cares about this series (Wii fails epically)
.... You don't know that yet, heck, I still don't know if they will contenue the Kirby game for the Wii yet.

*Sigh* I'm sure glad I wasn't too big on comparing games like some people do. I'm suprised you didn't say Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario, though Super Paper Mario got a higher score than Paper Mario in worldwide rating, lol.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
this whole series was an epic fail. it was fun to me when i was like 8 but then i realized this whole game is based on randomness and luck, no skill there
Hmm, let's compare with all the big system Mario Party's and not the handhealds nor not counting bouns Stars because you can turn them off.

Mario Party 1
Random Event's: 35%
Luck: 25%
Mini Game Skills: 40%

Comment: The mini games take the toll in this game, if you need a whole lot of cash, you have to win a mini game. You'll lose coins if you don't win.

Mario Party 2
Random Event's: 30%
Luck: 35%
Mini Game Skills: 35%

Comment: Chance time and the Boo's are very effective in this game, and items are hard to keep because of the chest that can steal them. You can still be beasty if you win a lot of mini games, but beware of Boo's and Chance time.

Mario Party 3
Random Event's: 40%
Luck: 20%

Comment: Ah yes, three takes a lot of skills to win they mini games because it's not very easy to win them if you have good competivers. However, the stage event's also is very effective in this game. There are a lot of items in the game, but some can back fire if you use them wrong.

Mario Party 4
Luck: 40%
Mini Game Skills: 30%

Comment: The luck in this game has higher up from the last one because if you choose the right items, you can win faster or get to the star faster which is a diffrent case. Also, Boo's are very harsh in this game, if you don't know how to keep your cash.... you might lose faster than you think. In this game, if you play by the rules, you'll get in last place, lol.

Mario Party 5
Random Event's: 50%
Mini Game Skills: 25%

Comment: This game... radnomness is out of wack in almost every stages. Though the items help a little, but you have to be a king pin in mini games... or at least hope that you get some cash by luck. ^_^;

Mario Party 6
Mini Games Skills: 40%

Comment: Finally, a Mario Party with Toadette in it, oh how I love that little mushroom so much.... but enough about that. This Mario Party mini games takes more skill than anyone thinks, because the mini games are a little harder than the other Mario Party's. However, the random event's are very high due to the game going to day and night, but it's not too much to change a person's leauge very much, but do beware of chance time and Boo's, but it's a low chance of you getting chance time, and Boo's are only avalible at night on two stages. So yes, random event's and mini game skills are very high in this game. However, the luck is mostly on if you land on the DK space or the Bowser space.

Mario Party 7
Mini Games Skills: 25%

Comment: Yea I've heard this before "BOWSER TIME IS CHEAP" "BOWSER TIME RUINS THE GAME" and "BOWSER TIME IS BUUULLL CRAP" well their right, it jack's up the balance of the game very much, but the good part is that theres no chance time. Items are super effective in this game, (this game has item tier list, lol), one reason is because the some items **** very hard like the Pink Boo Orbs, they take your star with no question's ask, but they only show up in two stages however. The mini games still takes skills, but what makes this game not a fan favroite is Bowser Time Bowser Time, and yea, BOWSER TIME!

Mario Party 8
Random Event's: 25%
Mini Games Skills: 35%

Comment: Well... at least the random event's are water down... a lot, but this game still has luck in it to win. Theres a space were you can get a free Star, and the DK spaces mostly gives you a chance to get a Star easily while Bowser makes it harder for you or he takes it a way. Well, the mini games are easy because they took out a lot of mini games because it was rushed.

Well, that's all I got to say, but I'll say this, this game is a Party game and NOT made for competiveness.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
My favorite Mario Party is the very first one. Princess Peach's Cake level is the best because the star stays in one spot and doesn't get moved around after someone purchases one. It's also cool to yoink your opponents stars by purchasing the pirantahs.

I also like the Bowser Cake.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
My favorite Mario Party is the very first one. Princess Peach's Cake level is the best because the star stays in one spot and doesn't get moved around after someone purchases one. It's also cool to yoink your opponents stars by purchasing the pirantahs.

I also like the Bowser Cake.
Ah the Bowser Cake was classic. I think the 2nd Mario Party was my favorite though. It had the duels, which were fun, and it didn't have the 1 player mini games that killed your hand like Mario Party 1 did (like the one where you are on the bike trying to light the lightbulb before Boo gets you).

My favorite mini game was Hexagon Heat from Mario Party 2.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The second game was my favorite. The characters would change their costumes based on the stage.
There were a lot of great mini-games.
The one where I was best at was a 1 vs. 3 mini-game. One Players turns a lever to turn a cylinder clockwise or counterclockwise in an attempt to knock the other 3 off and electrocute them. I was very adept at staying on. I never fell off the cylinder even the Super Hard CPUs didn't win. I think it was called Shock, Drop or Roll.

Another one I liked involved the single Player holding a huge hammer to knock out the other 3 player's light bulbs. The light would turn off half the time so that only the 3 players bulbs are visible. I think this one was named Lights Out.

Hexagon Heat was very fun despite being a copy from a mini-game in Mario Party 1

The mini-games were so inspired in the first 4 games.
The duel mini-games were awesome as well.

Ange

Smash Lord
Well, that's all I got to say, but I'll say this, this game is a Party game and NOT made for competiveness.
I couldn't agree more, and you summoned the games up there pretty well.

I think people need to realise that every game isn't for competitveness, although pretty much all games can be played that way EVEN if they wasn't invented for it. But... with the Mario Party series, they pretty much cant be played competitivly. :/

And aahh that Hexagon Heat mini-game in Mario Party 2 was SO fun. I swear I probably nearly broke the game cause I played it so much lol.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Hmm, let's compare with all the big system Mario Party's and not the handhealds nor not counting bouns Stars because you can turn them off.

Mario Party 1

Comment: The mini games take the toll in this game, if you need a whole lot of cash, you have to win a mini game. You'll lose coins if you don't win.

Mario Party 2
Luck: 35%
Mini Game Skills: 35%

Comment: Chance time and the Boo's are very effective in this game, and items are hard to keep because of the chest that can steal them. You can still be beasty if you win a lot of mini games, but beware of Boo's and Chance time.

Mario Party 3

Comment: Ah yes, three takes a lot of skills to win they mini games because it's not very easy to win them if you have good competivers. However, the stage event's also is very effective in this game. There are a lot of items in the game, but some can back fire if you use them wrong.

Mario Party 4
Mini Game Skills: 30%

Comment: The luck in this game has higher up from the last one because if you choose the right items, you can win faster or get to the star faster which is a diffrent case. Also, Boo's are very harsh in this game, if you don't know how to keep your cash.... you might lose faster than you think. In this game, if you play by the rules, you'll get in last place, lol.

Mario Party 5
Random Event's: 50%
Mini Game Skills: 25%

Comment: This game... radnomness is out of wack in almost every stages. Though the items help a little, but you have to be a king pin in mini games... or at least hope that you get some cash by luck. ^_^;

Mario Party 6
Mini Games Skills: 40%

Comment: Finally, a Mario Party with Toadette in it, oh how I love that little mushroom so much.... but enough about that. This Mario Party mini games takes more skill than anyone thinks, because the mini games are a little harder than the other Mario Party's. However, the random event's are very high due to the game going to day and night, but it's not too much to change a person's leauge very much, but do beware of chance time and Boo's, but it's a low chance of you getting chance time, and Boo's are only avalible at night on two stages. So yes, random event's and mini game skills are very high in this game. However, the luck is mostly on if you land on the DK space or the Bowser space.

Mario Party 7
Mini Games Skills: 25%

Comment: Yea I've heard this before "BOWSER TIME IS CHEAP" "BOWSER TIME RUINS THE GAME" and "BOWSER TIME IS BUUULLL CRAP" well their right, it jack's up the balance of the game very much, but the good part is that theres no chance time. Items are super effective in this game, (this game has item tier list, lol), one reason is because the some items **** very hard like the Pink Boo Orbs, they take your star with no question's ask, but they only show up in two stages however. The mini games still takes skills, but what makes this game not a fan favroite is Bowser Time Bowser Time, and yea, BOWSER TIME!

Mario Party 8
Random Event's: 25%
Mini Games Skills: 35%

Comment: Well... at least the random event's are water down... a lot, but this game still has luck in it to win. Theres a space were you can get a free Star, and the DK spaces mostly gives you a chance to get a Star easily while Bowser makes it harder for you or he takes it a way. Well, the mini games are easy because they took out a lot of mini games because it was rushed.

Wow, you sure know alot about Mario Party! And I agree with all of what you said :bee:

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
How could anyone think mario party 5 sucked? It was easily the best one on the gamecube....way better than 6 with that stupid microphone that i lost in a few days... 7 and 8 were just terrible.....

the first 3 were good but some of the minigames just put to much stress on ur hands... escpecially with n64 controllers (outdated)

If have some friends over we play 5 handsdown....

want further proof....go look at ign retro gamecube and see which one they rate the highest along with reviewers...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think 4 was the most repped of them all. They made a board game off of it, they even made Mario Party E out of it as well.

Alzi

Smash Master
Too be honest i enjoyed all the mario party's but the best one is by far the first one.

Top Bottom