• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Moveset Discussion. Current: None!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
No, not that. What I meant is actually ledgehopping the FLUDD charge stance which completely ignores your RCO lag and then shielding or rolling from the FLUDD charge stance. If you normally try to ledgehop, you have to either deal with the landing lag of an aerial or the RCO lag or the (slight) lag from Fireball ledgehopping before you are able to shield or roll. Ledgehopping the FLUDD charge stance is the fastest way to get back on stage with a shield or a roll as far as I can tell, but nobody has yet put it to application as far as I have seen. THAT is what I'm asking about.

Matt07

Smash Master
Since we're finished with this thread so far, I think we should save all the information we have somewhere, and put it somewhere were we won't lose it. I think Mario's Metagame Analysis, or Mario101's guide would be well suited for it.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yes. If possible, hero, would you mind putting this at the bottom of the meta-game analysis?

I'll bump this thread a few months from now and we can go through each move again.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
No, not that. What I meant is actually ledgehopping the FLUDD charge stance which completely ignores your RCO lag and then shielding or rolling from the FLUDD charge stance. If you normally try to ledgehop, you have to either deal with the landing lag of an aerial or the RCO lag or the (slight) lag from Fireball ledgehopping before you are able to shield or roll. Ledgehopping the FLUDD charge stance is the fastest way to get back on stage with a shield or a roll as far as I can tell, but nobody has yet put it to application as far as I have seen. THAT is what I'm asking about.
I've tried that a several times. A person like Marth that completely outspaces you then waits for a reaction can punish you serverly. At least from experience that is.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
So if you ledgehop, charge FLUDD, then cancel it and airdodge onto the ground, you'll be devoid of landing lag and will be able to shield immediately? If so, that's a pretty good deal.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
No, you still have to be charging FLUDD while landing.

Not practical enough and is quite unsafe. I prefer just using N-air.

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
So if you ledgehop, charge FLUDD, then cancel it and airdodge onto the ground, you'll be devoid of landing lag and will be able to shield immediately? If so, that's a pretty good deal.
You'll still have the lag the next time you touch the ground when you next enter the air.

Matt07

Smash Master
Eh, another way to mix-up your ledge game, and space yourself from attacks sounds quiet good. It's not something to rely on 100%, but most opponents will not except you using FLUDD from the edge.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
If I'm on the ledge I usually use cape stalls mindgames. Then I drop down do a reverse cape then go for a Bair.
I've seen this used quite a bit and it seems to work well. The lag on Bair is minimal and it's pretty safe...the drop to cape is what worries me. If used too much, you could easily be stagespiked.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
No, air dodging counts as landing "normally". Landing an aerial on an autocancel frame also counts as landing "normally". Whenever you land "normally", it triggers RCO lag. Landing while a special move is in progress temporarily ignores the lag, or eliminates it if the special move puts you in free fall. Activating landing lag of an aerial attack erases RCO lag.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Really? Nice. I also hit a DK with it a few days ago at about 130% on him and I got a free upsmash. Maybe it has godly amounts of hitstun? Or maybe the DK's controller just gayed?

Matt07

Smash Master
DK's controller got gayed. It has also been confirmed there is a 100% chance of breaking your opponents controller, when hit with down tilt.

Top Bottom