• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is basically one of the main reasons Miyamoto is such a polarising developer to me, and has been for a while. I respect the guy, but I think he's way too old fashioned. Though, considering Nintendo's recent embracing of third party partnerships, I don't think F-Zero is without hope now.

--------------------

I started practicing in the game today, to see if I still got it, and I think I'm better than I've ever been! Was really getting through those tracks really smoothly, and even saved two awesome replays!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I-if I make everyone play on Mute City while driving the Blue Falcon, and turn on only Mushrooms, it'll be just l-like F-Zero, right?
I'm not even joking when I say I'm making a legit Captain Falcon Mii and buying the Amiibo so I can get the costume and play on Mute City.

Gonna model his face after the anime:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think I've figured out the stats for at least one character, along with a couple vehicle parts...

Cat Peach
Speed: 3.25/6
Acceleration: 2.75/6
Weight: 3.25/6
Handling: 3.75/6
Traction: 4/6

Blue Falcon
Speed: +0.25
Acceleration: +0.5
Weight: -0.5
Handling: 0
Traction: -0.5

Tanooki Buggy
Speed: 0
Acceleration: 0
Weight: 0
Handling: -0.25
Traction: +0.25

Triforce Tires
Speed: +0.25
Acceleration: -0.25
Weight: 0
Handling: +0.25
Traction: -0.5

Hylian Kite
Speed: 0
Acceleration: +0.25
Weight: -0.25
Handling: 0
Traction: 0

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
I would assume Link's a heavy. His gear weights him down, doesn't it?
You're right, I have a feeling Link would be a heavy and have similar to characteristics to Waluigi, since Waluigi is considered a heavy as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Link looks like a Cruiser to me. He's smaller than Rosalina and Waluigi, but his kart looks to be the same size as theirs. Roy Koopa is also a cruiser, despite being quite a bit smaller than Rosalina and Waluigi.

His kart is bigger than Mario's, so he's not any lower than Cruiser.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
C'mon Link! Please be a cruiser like with Roy Koopa. My signature combo is Roy - Pipe Frame - Wooden Tires - Peach Parasol, and if Link has the same stats as Roy, I can use him!

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
If we wanna see Captain Falcon on the racetrack again we could always use the Captain Falcon amiibo and use the Blue Falcon kart and play on Mute City.... T_T

I want to believe...

Also my favorite combo is Rosalina/Comet/Slick/Parafoil. I love the inside drifting bikes. Also biker outfit Rosalina got dat 2stronk booty game.

I mean what?

But no really I like inward drifting bikes and I like heavies, and Rosalina happens to be my favorite among those.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm still kind of salty that the Mario kart franchise deviated from Mario characters and is becoming more like Smash Kart.
I guess they felt the franchise doesn't really have much ingenuity to offer from previous installments, and had to differentiate it as much as they could. I hope this is something special to Mario Kart 8.

I think they could have expanded into Wario Ware characters before opening the flood gates completely for Nintendo characters.
Maybe we'll get Double Dash 2 for the next time around, I thought this version would have a double dash game mode in the least.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The gate has been open since R.O.B. in DS, or Pac-Man in Arcade/GP.
Debatable.
Some saw those as one offs.
Due to being an arcade version and other not returning in subsequent titles.
And there was debate on what was considered the main series.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The gate has been open since R.O.B. in DS, or Pac-Man in Arcade/GP.
Well Pac-Man was a special exception for the Arcade GP games since they are straight up developed by Bandai Namco Games. They also have Tamogatchi characters for some reason.

I do see no point in keeping it strictly to Mario characters now, though, it's just more appealing to have a wider cast, and as such, it would attract more buyers too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It still seems weird how Link will be playable, but I guess in Skyward Sword, there are some areas that have very advanced technology; something that's unheard of in most medieval-like locations.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
MK DLC usually takes until at least 3 A.M. EST/12 A.M. PST.

That's how long it took last time, anyway. For Hyrule Warriors, the DLC wait was even longer (until midday).

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Regardless, I'm so hype for SNES Rainbow Road, Mute City, Link, and all the other stuff.

D

Deleted member

Been a while since I've been here.
So far the Excitebike track is by far my favorite, and LINKS EVERYWHERE GODDAMN.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It appears that Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario have lower weight and higher acceleration when they're compared to their normal counterparts.

This really hit me hard, since I was hoping that the Blue Falcon would offer B-tier acceleration for the Cruiser characters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It appears that Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario have lower weight and higher acceleration when they're compared to their normal counterparts.

This really hit me hard, since I was hoping that the Blue Falcon would offer B-tier acceleration for the Cruiser characters.
Rosalina + Blue Falcon is still really good though. Feels really fast.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina + Blue Falcon is still really good though. Feels really fast.
Can't go over 3.75/6 acceleration though, and that's a C-tier acceleration level.

On a side note, because Cat Peach has higher acceleration than Peach, she can actually have the fastest A-tier acceleration combo by pairing any of the inside drifting bikes (except the Master Cycle) with the Roller, Button, or Azure Roller, along with an acceleration boosting glider; up to 2.75/6 ground speed.

Mario, Luigi, Iggy, and Ludwig can't even go over 2.5/6 ground speed with their A-tier acceleration combos.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Link is everywhere online jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
At least he gets love somewhere :'(
I've actually seen more Tanooki Marios, funnily enough.

People seem to like using Mario a bit more too, since the B-Dasher is a thing now.

I will continue to represent Rosalina, though, and I have met a few others even today.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been hearing reports that the online system has been altered with the new update. This should probably be checked out more closely.

So far, it sounds like the race rating system is less brutal to those who do poorly now, but the person who tested this didn't have a 9000+ race rating.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been hearing reports that the online system has been altered with the new update. This should probably be checked out more closely.

So far, it sounds like the race rating system is less brutal to those who do poorly now, but the person who tested this didn't have a 9000+ race rating.
I didn't lose any points today and didn't place below 5th online today.

However, I've noticed that playing with DLC with enabled in Global Race pits me against people who are at least at a similar VR to me. This could simply be a fortunate coincidence, in that the majority of people who bought DLC would be more dedicated Mario Kart players.

D

Deleted member

Hello, I preordered the pack bundle Day 1 and have awaited the DLC for a couple months. The Master Cycle is basically the Sports Coupe/Gold Standard/B Dasher, only difference is that its a bike. Will probably be used for some World Records.

I was online and almost everybody was using Link with a few Tanooki Marios thrown in. Only saw 1 Cat Peach, I myself was Black Yoshi.

Also noticed a glitch with the Blue Falcon while online (it was only online, not local) while playing with my brother. The Blue Falcon has blue effects constantly coming out of its backside, but online I could only see my Blue Falcon's blue effects, not my brother's or anybody else using the Blue Falcon. I was online for 2 hours (left rooms if no DLC courses were available) and this glitch was constantly effecting my game. Can anybody else confirm if this needs a patch, or if its just a bug coming from a bit of lag? I have pretty good internet though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I want to give my quick thoughts about the courses.
Yoshi Circuit: I love how they redesigned this course and it really benefits from being in HD. I've always liked Yoshi Circuit, so I am glad that it made a comeback.
Excitebike Arena: It's alright, but very faithful to what the original Excitebike was like. The random courses makes each race interesting, but I noticed that there were two variations.
Dragon Driftway: Personally, this is my favorite course from the DLC pack. I love how the track is design and I love how it looks aesthetically.
Mute City: Very faithful to the series that it comes from! It's a fun course that is filled with great designs and the course is very colorful! The F-Zero music playing before and after every race here is a nice touch. Oh, and I noticed a billboard where Captain Falcon said, "Show me your moves!"
Wario's Gold Mine: I like how the course has more of a roller-coaster feel than the original course. Other than that, I'm indifferent.
SNES Rainbow Road: I'm not a fan of this course and I turned my head when I saw it return... those feelings are still there.
Ice Ice Outpost: This is honestly my least favorite course in the DLC pack. I am not a fan of how the course is designed and I find it to be bland overall.
Hyrule Circuit: What a fantastic homage to a wonderful series! I love how the course is designed and I love all of the references to Zelda (replacing Coins with Rupees, the item slots sound different, and there is even a puzzle you can solve by hitting three crystal switches)! My only complaint is that turn at the end... not a fan of it.

I found the DLC courses to be pretty fun and I like the new additions to the karts. I don't think I'll be going back to that Sports Coupe now that I have the Blue Falcon... (though the Sports Coupe is faster)
I can't wait for the next set of DLC! I am hoping more Nintendo series will get representation in the next pack. Who knows? We might get Gaur Plain from Xenoblade as a track! (I hope!)

EDIT: I also noticed a lot of Links online and a lot of people were racing in the B Dasher, Blue Falcon, and Master Cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Ice Ice Outpost. The shortcuts in it are awkward and honestly have dodgy collision/object placement, and not taking the shortcuts means the course is completely bland.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know if I'll be going back online any time soon, as I still have some unfinished business with Smash 3DS, along with Hyrule Warriors.

Top Bottom