• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

NickingAde

Smash Rookie
NNID
NickingAde
One of the latest patches added the feature. Not sure which button it is on the Pro controller, but it should give you the option when you push start during a race. Toggling it on once makes it stay on permanently.
The - Button toggles the mini-map

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'll admit, I don't think I've touched this game since Sm4sh released, but it's definitely something to keep going back to, especially with friends. I'm pretty eager to see the next batch of DLC.

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
MK8 is horrible single player wise, and when your internet is horrible, you're spending a lot more time in Smash than Mario Kart .-.

HopeX

Smash Rookie
NNID
Agrexis
MK8 is pretty fun single player online, but it's a lot more fun when you play with people in clan wars or frooms and stuff. Or even on the 20 viewer streams on twitch.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Mario Kart 8 is fun as long as you approach it with the proper mindset. In other words, don't take it too seriously. It's a party game first and foremost, and no amount of faux competitive play is going to change that. The game is at its best when you dial back and enjoy it for what it is, not what you want it to be. I learned that lesson the hard way, trust me. :laugh:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I decided to get back into MK7 for the Hell of it.
And I'm surprised there's still people playing it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even if I were to go back to Mario Kart 7's online, I doubt that anyone on my recent players list will still be available to race against.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, it's strange to see. I thought everyone moved over to MK8. Granted it's not eight players every match, but it's not a desert either.
(Plus, it's the only MK game I have ATM so...)

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
So I decided to get back into MK7 for the Hell of it.
And I'm surprised there's still people playing it.
I tried playing it the other night, and almost every player online was Japanese. I guess that's what happens when the 3DS has a massive install base over there, huh? It also made me realize how rushed Mario Kart 7 really was. No regional option of any kind!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This just in, the next update will offer us the 200cc engine size. Be ready for some high speed insanity later this month.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
My reaction to 200cc: Oh no, I have to beat all of the grand prix cups with gold and three stars ALL OVER AGAN!! The completionist in me won't let me rest easy until I do. Well, at least for better or worse, it's not like the races are going to take forever. On a more positive note, I'm going to enjoy playing 200cc online on like Mute City :D

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
200CC on Mute City just further depresses me that Nintendo will forever beat around the bush regarding F-Zero as a series.

Hype has been revitalized, nonetheless. Wondering if they'll have lobbies set up online specifically for 200CC.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
200CC on Mute City just further depresses me that Nintendo will forever beat around the bush regarding F-Zero as a series.

Hype has been revitalized, nonetheless. Wondering if they'll have lobbies set up online specifically for 200CC.
I hope so, since 150cc is the default engine class for VS Race mode. Of course, 100cc is used for the rooms that only have players with a race rating that's below 3000 (maybe less).

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
200cc sounds fun. So fun I booted up the game again for the first time in months. Got 3 stars one the DLC cups and messed around online for a while and some good fun. Did they buff the Bullet Bill though? I feels way more effective now than it did pre-DLC.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.

Tracks:

3DS Neo Bowser City
GBA Ribbon Road
A track based on subways
F-Zero Big Blue

GCN Baby Park
GBA Cheese Land
Nature Road
Animal Crossing

Apparently the subway track is called Lingling Metro, don't quote me on that, though.

D

Deleted member

My thoughts on this:
-That new kart is pretty cool looking.
-Neo Bowser City returning is really freaking lame. I am not a fan of the design of that track and it was incredibly boring. Ah well.
-I love what they did with Ribbon Road! Damn, this looks amazing! Is it strange that I get Toy Story vibes from it?
-I can't say much on the subway track. Pretty cool, though.
-I didn't think that F-Zero would get another track! Big Blue looks incredible!
-Baby Park returning? Hell yes! Poor Wario Colosseum. :( ...ALSO STOP TAUNTING ME WITH BOWSER JR.! (why isn't he playable?)
-Indifferent to Cheese Land.
-Nature Road kinda reminds me a bit of Frontier Village from Xenoblade Chronicles...
-Animal Crossing looks pretty cool.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
#iliketrains

Nice to see more GBA stages, and super hyped for Nature Road and the Subway level. Nature Road gives me Sonic Riders vibes. Also really like the new vehicles, especially the P-Wing.

kylexv

Smash Master
Figured out that Villager/Streetle/Crossing Tires/Crossing Glider = Mario/Blue Falcon/Roller/Parafoil, just in case any of you want to know.

Image:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Figured out that Villager/Streetle/Crossing Tires/Crossing Glider = Mario/Blue Falcon/Roller/Parafoil, just in case any of you want to know.

Image:
So it seems that the Villager has the same stats at Mario, Luigi, Iggy, and Ludwig then. I know that Tanooki Mario has less weight and more acceleration, so if he were to use that same combo, his weight would be 2.5/6, while acceleration is 4.25/6.

kylexv

Smash Master
So it seems that the Villager has the same stats at Mario, Luigi, Iggy, and Ludwig then. I know that Tanooki Mario has less weight and more acceleration, so if he were to use that same combo, his weight would be 2.5/6, while acceleration is 4.25/6.
Yeah, but if you replace the Parafoil with the Super Glider on Tanooki Mario, you also get the same stats. And since we have no idea what the Crossing Glider's stats are, Villager could have the same stats as Tanooki Mario as well.

By the way, I found Isabelle's stats with Sport Bike/Standard/Paper Glider
It is the same as Toad/Sport Bike/Standard/Super Glider, which means Isabelle is a Featherweight and the Paper Glider is equivalent to the Super Glider. I also gathered some things from the Nintendo Minute footage:
P-Wing=Circuit Special
City Tripper=Standard Bike
Leaf Tires=Roller Wheels
Bone Rattler=Tanooki Kart

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Paper Glider is completely aesthetic, so the Villager's stats are the same as Tanooki Mario's.

The only character left is Dry Bowser, where while we may know his body frame size, his stats are still a mystery right now.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
He'll most likely remain heavyweight. Can't see him being lighter than metal class.

Also, is anyone even going to comment on the fact there's a statue of Pink Gold Baby Peach on Baby Park?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
He'll most likely remain heavyweight. Can't see him being lighter than metal class.

Also, is anyone even going to comment on the fact there's a statue of Pink Gold Baby Peach on Baby Park?
It's basically just a mere statue, much like with the Daisy and Luigi statues from Mario Kart Wii's Daisy Circuit. The only difference is that instead of being colored gold, it's pink gold, simply because pink is Peach's main color.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I love how the cracks in Dry Bowser's shell glow red, as if there's lava in it. The new courses seem awesome. I nearly freaked out when I first saw Ribbon Road. The amount of detail they put into it is absolutely astounding. And having more than three ATVs is nice.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Bone Rattler is just a Tanooki Kart clone though, so it's probably not going to be spammed as much as the Streetle, City Tripper, and P-Wing.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Wonder if they'll "fix" the gyro controls' traction bonus...

Oh yeah, and you can brake while drifting already, although the update will give it a proper visual cue. I believe it will also let any controller toggle the map with minus, and then 200cc should be unlocked after 150cc if you haven't beaten it already.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What would really be good is if you can drift, even while your foot is not on the accelerator. Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing had that feature, and it made taking sharp turns much easier.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Wow, these tracks look so amazing! I have watched a few of the videos posted by GameXplain with their analysis, and the amount of authentic work that went into the background as well as the track designs is absurd... Particularly in Big Blue, Wild Woods and Ribbon Road; the amount of detail is just mind-blowing!

It'll be neat to see the Villager joining in, the Villagers have been confirmed as being the same weight as Mario / Luigi?

I'm also quite excited for that subway track, it's just excellent how Nintendo is always able to take such simple concepts and make them complex and fascinating.

I'm still not a fan of Neo Bowser City, and I really don't see that opinion changing no matter what, but I suppose I can give props for the rain effect being refined.

Dry Bowser, from a few sources, has been confirmed to be in the heaviest class. It's not surprising overall, but I suppose you never know. There are instances of oddities throughout the game, such as Donkey Kong being lighter than Wario, among others. The radiating lava that can be seen between the crevices of his shell upon performing stunts is quite a nice touch in my opinion.

200cc is nice I guess, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm dreading having to do all of the cups over again in 200cc, lol.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I kind of wish that the pre-release videos actually showed Dry Bowser on the character select screen, because the ones that I've seen only really showcased the Villager, Isabelle, and the new Mii outfits.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
200cc is nice I guess, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm dreading having to do all of the cups over again in 200cc, lol.
I'm sure it'll be a chore. But anything to extend the replay value outside of Time Trials and multiplayer for one last time. It'll be like living through the game all over again. :p

Although I also have to worry about the Crossing Cup and Bell Cup being 3 Star'd on the other 3 GP classes. :urg:

Top Bottom