• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lol, so yesterday I was playing this game and I was like "THIS BADWAGON IS EXACTLY THAT; BAD" so i switched to biddybuggy with roller wheels because of how utterly ridiculous it looked.

Little did I know that it absolutely DESTROYED my top speed since I was playing Peach.

But it's ok, I understand the meta now.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Still inferior to other heavy karts but is a medium sized one so

I might do that.

ONCE I EVER UNLOCK HER

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
She was like my first unlock haha! Or close to anyways. I like the Cruiser Special, especially since it says ORANGE on it for no reason

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People have found the next MK8 meme, the sequel to the Luigi Death Stare - "The Rosalina Wiggle".

I'm so happy I'm not the ONLY person who noticed she did that:

We just need a heroic character meme, and then we'll have all of the ingredients for a ghetto parody movie with lots of driving action.

A ruthless but damaged kingpin. (Luigi)
A star babe to cause lots of drama between the antagonist and the protagonist, she is originally with the kingpin, but she doesn't know who she wants as things progress. (Rosalina)
A young hero who just pulled up in the city, works for the cops in an undercover investigation, trying to prove that he has left his life as a petty criminal behind him. Originally comes just for that, but winds up getting caught up in the gang's drama, including developing attraction and having chemistry with the kingpin's babe. (???)

We must continue to peruse this MK8 footage to find our hero.

D

Deleted member

People have found the next MK8 meme, the sequel to the Luigi Death Stare - "The Rosalina Wiggle".

We just need a heroic character meme, and then we'll have all of the ingredients for a ghetto parody movie with lots of driving action.

A ruthless but damaged kingpin. (Luigi)
A star babe to cause lots of drama between the antagonist and the protagonist, she is originally with the kingpin, but she doesn't know who she wants as things progress. (Rosalina)
A young hero who just pulled up in the city, works for the cops in an undercover investigation, trying to prove that he has left his life as a petty criminal behind him. Originally comes just for that, but winds up getting caught up in the gang's drama, including developing attraction and having chemistry with the kingpin's babe. (???)

We must continue to peruse this MK8 footage to find our hero.
I call for it to be Shy Guy.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
PGP was my first character unlock. My last one was Lakitu.

I just noticed that Rosalina has a heart on the back of her biker suit.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I took as many as "four" consecutive Red Shells in one of today's online races, which did irritate me for a while. Fortunately, my acceleration reliance did get me back into 2nd place after some perseverance with the items.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
so is anyone here good at time trials?

All my friends are goddamn casuals and hate competitive games or being good at things BUT THEY'RE SO GOOD AT MARIO KART WTF

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
lol, so yesterday I was playing this game and I was like "THIS BADWAGON IS EXACTLY THAT; BAD" so i switched to biddybuggy with roller wheels because of how utterly ridiculous it looked.

Little did I know that it absolutely DESTROYED my top speed since I was playing Peach.

But it's ok, I understand the meta now.
Ironically, the Badwagon is actually one of the best vehicle bodies for underwater racing, alongside the Steel Driver, Tri-Speeder, and Standard ATV, despite of their acceleration drawbacks; they boost water speed and water handling. Of course, those vehicle bodies are only really meant to be used by the heavyweights, since they get the best use out of them.

If anything, it's the Monster and Hot Monster wheels that are the worst vehicle parts, as they have a negative impact on ALL the handling stats, they don't boost speed at all, and their only strengths are the weight and traction boosts, with traction being expendable on most occasions. In this dilemma, you're probably better off using the Metal and Gold Tires, as those wheels actually boost the speed stat a little.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
See, I keep going back and forth between the Slicks and Button/Rollers because I do similarly on them in terms of placement. I guess it's just a preference thing.

I like Battle Mode, but then I get pissed and rage attack the person who killed me last round haha

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yeah definitely. I'll probably be back online later, as I'm letting my niece play right now (she's getting the hang of it pretty quick for a 5 year old).
I call for it to be Shy Guy.
I feel like this is appropriate.

Ironically, the Badwagon is actually one of the best vehicle bodies for underwater racing, alongside the Steel Driver, Tri-Speeder, and Standard ATV, despite of their acceleration drawbacks; they boost water speed and water handling. Of course, those vehicle bodies are only really meant to be used by the heavyweights, since they get the best use out of them.
Oddly enough, my niece loves using the Badwagon (mostly because it's pink), and always takes water paths. She has no knowledge of stats or anything.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ IsmaR IsmaR : Funny how your niece chose the Badwagon, when the Biddybuggy can also be colored pink. Of course, both vehicle bodies excel quite well while underwater, so it does come down to if you want to focus on acceleration or weight.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I find heavy weights around high low tier when items are involved, lol. I've done some no item tournies before. They're actually quite fun since the focus is now ramming people anti gravity or not.

Anyways, as long as you get out of the chaos early it's smooth sailing as a heavy weight. But, just like all Mario Karts, it's all up to luck whether or not someone gets a Blue Shell or if 2nd gets those acursed Triple Reds!!!!!!!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I find heavy weights around high low tier when items are involved, lol. I've done some no item tournies before. They're actually quite fun since the focus is now ramming people anti gravity or not.
Ironically, even the heavyweights can have 4/6 acceleration, though their combination options are heavily limited.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Ironically, even the heavyweights can have 4/6 acceleration, though their combination options are heavily limited.
Oh yes, I've nearly forgotten. Been focusing too much on the best karts with Slicks/Slims.

Turns out that high acceleration is mostly the way to go to get an enjoyable experience online, haha.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh yes, I've nearly forgotten. Been focusing too much on the best karts with Slicks/Slims.

Turns out that high acceleration is mostly the way to go to get an enjoyable experience online, haha.
If only the other players thought the same way. But obviously, there will always be players who will go all out with the speed, and they won't care less about how low their combo's acceleration is.

Of course, a 3/6 acceleration combo can potentially have up to 4.75/6 speed, so at least it's still possible to have good speed and average acceleration at the same time. If you want 4/6 acceleration though, at best, you can get up to 4.25/6 speed.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I do enjoy DK ATV's with those big wheels. Not necassarily good, but it's way funny, haha.

Otherwise, Bowser+Biddy Buggy+Those Tiny Wheels lol.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Nintendos having a video contest. You can win a Wii U Pro controller and $35 in eShop credit.

The rules.

I'm trying to pick between two videos I have. Not sure which one to go with atm. Though the rules doesn't say anything about multiple submissions so maybe I'll submit both.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Well I don't use Twitter so I'm out of the running. I do enjoy Bomb chucking, though.

Good luck to whoever participates!

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody know if a list of all the track shortcuts exists and, if so, where can I find it? My brother and I think we may have found a shortcut (or maybe just an alternate route) in the river cave on Mount Wario and we can't figure out how to get to it.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Does anybody know if a list of all the track shortcuts exists and, if so, where can I find it? My brother and I think we may have found a shortcut (or maybe just an alternate route) in the river cave on Mount Wario and we can't figure out how to get to it.
Could try watching Troy's new vid:

I think there were only like 2 shortcuts shown on MW, and only one involving the water-cave portion. I believe this is one of the only sources for all the known shortcuts in-game thus far, and I'm sure many more have yet to be discovered still.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I totally dig the megaman music.

Thanks for the vid!

Now to plan my uprising.

ALSO HOLY **** THE LAKITU ON THE MKTV LOGO LOOKS LIKE A GRENADE LOL

Last edited:

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
Could try watching Troy's new vid:

I think there were only like 2 shortcuts shown on MW, and only one involving the water-cave portion. I believe this is one of the only sources for all the known shortcuts in-game thus far, and I'm sure many more have yet to be discovered still.
That's awesome! I see I still have a lot to learn. Thanks!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Guys! What's your favorite Rainbow Road, from favorite to least-favorite!?
1.- Rainbow Road 8
2.- Rainbow Road Wii
3.- Rainbow Road 3DS
4.- Rainbow Road N64 (MK8)
5.- Rainbow Road GCN
6.- Rainbow Road SNES (MK7)
7.- Rainbow Road NDS
8.- Rainbow Road GBA
9.- Rainbow Road SNES

Top Bottom