• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I as well use button wheels. They kind of remind me of giant Ritz crackers lol.

Btw, does anyone else in here use a bike? Or is the majority on karts?
I pretty much exclusively use inside-drifting bikes. I tried them at launch and they just felt right, not sure why. With Cruiser / Heavy / Metals, they handle quite well and can have some nice all-around stats with the right wheels. Bunny Hopping is dirty and needs to be patched out in my opinion, so I've been staying away from karts other than the Pipe Frame and Landship from time to time.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
So, I have a few things.

I barely ever get lag online. I played for a long time earlier today and I only saw lag twice, both of which were just taking the damage from getting hit by items a second late.

Battle mode, in my opinion, is actually really good. I enjoy it a lot more than Mario Kart Wii's (Not sure about Mario Kart 7's).

The following combination has worked really well for me. Roy - Pipe Frame - Roller - Accel boosting glider

I can't get the hang of Fire Hopping. It's too hard to alternate sides when hopping.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I play with the Cruiser Special or whatever it is called, with Button wheels and Bowser Kite. I was on Biddybuggy for a while, but I need more top speed than that haha. Anyone up to play in like half an hour??

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that the Biddybuggy's speed drop can turn some people away from using it, but it's one of the very few vehicle bodies that can help the heavyweights with their acceleration issues (alongside the Landship, the Mr. Scooty, and the inside drifting bikes). This is also true for if you're more used to outside drifting.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I know that the Biddybuggy's speed drop can turn some people away from using it, but it's one of the very few vehicle bodies that can help the heavyweights with their acceleration issues (alongside the Landship, the Mr. Scooty, and the inside drifting bikes). This is also true for if you're more used to outside drifting.
With my setup, I have close to 3/6 in acceleration, which I find works well for me. Cruiser* Special has okay top speed and decent acceleration with the button/equivalent wheels and the little boost thanks to the glider. But I do get screwed over by subpar acceleration at times.

SOMEONE request me as I'm tryin to increase my VR!

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
My setup is Morton with the Circuit Special, Slicks and MKTV Parafoil, although sometimes I use Roy. Unrelated topic, I just got to 3000 VR.

D

Deleted member

GG's @ IsmaR IsmaR , even if I didn't exactly play all that well.
Getting pelted by items constantly got pretty old too.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Almost at 4000 VR and I think I reached the point in Mario Kart where everyone is just better than me. I almost never get above 6th anymore :(

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
What would be good kart, wheel, glider choices for Wario and Rosalina?
I've seen a lot of people go just pure speed/weight for the super heavies like Wario. Circuit Special / Slicks / Accel Glider has been very, very common from what I've seen.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
From my understanding, it's possible for Wario, Bowser, and Morton to have good speed and good acceleration, but it does require you to get good at inside drifting. If you're only good at outside drifting, however, you're pretty much stuck with the Biddybuggy, Landship, and Mr. Scooty, and they all have a negative impact on speed.

The image below is simply an example that you can refer to.

Of course, average speed can still get the job done, as I've seen some of the heavier lightweights win online, and they can only get up to 3.75/6 speed.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I just love Pink Gold Peach too much to stray from the non-pink gold path at this point.

I'm wondering out loud if the accelration nerf but speed boost the slicks provide are worth it.

Also stupid question, but things that are variants of the same kind of wheel (think Slick, Blue Slick, Cyber Slick) all have the same stats, right??

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Do the alt colours for tires change any stats compared to the regular version?
I just love Pink Gold Peach too much to stray from the non-pink gold path at this point.

I'm wondering out loud if the accelration nerf but speed boost the slicks provide are worth it.

Also stupid question, but things that are variants of the same kind of wheel (think Slick, Blue Slick, Cyber Slick) all have the same stats, right??
They have the exact same stats.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
GG's @ IsmaR IsmaR , even if I didn't exactly play all that well.
Getting pelted by items constantly got pretty old too.
Most indubitably, old chap. Surprised I caught up to you in VR so quickly.

My favorite moment was when we both had Stars on Rainbow Road and did an anti-gravity bump/boost.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've tried working with inside drifting again, and I'm starting to figure out how to control the drifting. However, I did run into some bumps while practicing on certain tracks, so I'll have to work harder to deal with them.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For Rosalina, I've been using this lately:

The Gold Kart Body can be swapped out for the Sports Coupé too and you'll get the exact same stats, and the Bowser Kite can be swapped out for Gliders with the same stats. And of course, Slicks and Cyber Slicks are also the same.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was there ever a verdict on that DLC leak?
Well the leak mentioned the DLC was supposed to be shown at E3, which never happened, plus someone matched the photo of the TV up with an existing one. So I think that it's way past being a confirmed fake by now.

BTW, don't know if this has been brought up here, but that Mercedes Benz DLC is confirmed to release in the West. No date still though, they just say it's coming during the summer.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
From my understanding, it's possible for Wario, Bowser, and Morton to have good speed and good acceleration, but it does require you to get good at inside drifting. If you're only good at outside drifting, however, you're pretty much stuck with the Biddybuggy, Landship, and Mr. Scooty, and they all have a negative impact on speed.

The image below is simply an example that you can refer to.

Of course, average speed can still get the job done, as I've seen some of the heavier lightweights win online, and they can only get up to 3.75/6 speed.
You realize this Rosy combo is wasting 0.75 points in Accel right? That Rosy combo is actually pretty bad.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You realize this Rosy combo is wasting 0.75 points in Accel right? That Rosy combo is actually pretty bad.
The hidden stats will say otherwise though, since the Roller, Azure Roller, and Button wheels are more efficient than the Wood, Sponge, and Cushion wheels.

Roller, Azure Roller, Button
Ground Speed: -0.5/6
Water Speed: 0/6
Air Speed: +0.5/6
Anti-Gravity Speed: -0.5/6
Acceleration +1/6
Weight: -0.5/6
Ground Handling: +0.25/6
Water Handling: +0.25/6
Air Handling: +0.25/6
Anti-Gravity Handling: +0.25/6
Traction -0.25/6
Mini-Turbo: +1.5/6

Wood, Sponge, Cushion
Ground Speed: -0.25/6
Water Speed: -1/6
Air Speed: +0.25/6
Anti-Gravity Speed: -0.25/6
Acceleration +0.25/6
Weight: -0.25/6
Ground Handling: -0.25/6
Water Handling: -0.5/6
Air Handling: 0/6
Anti-Gravity Handling: -0.25/6
Traction +0.5/6
Mini-Turbo: +0.75/6

This isn't like in Mario Kart 7, where the Wood wheels would almost always be superior to the Roller wheels.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The point isnt that Roller tires are bad (theyre amazing) but more that combo is literally taking the least possible advantage on said stats while on top of wasting so many points isnt giving you anything fantastic. 3 Speed? 4 Accel? Sure it has some good stats in other areas, but you'd be a MILLION times better off just by switching the body to get better stats and actually make full use of those Roller stats.

Top Bottom