• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

LF2K

Floor Diver
It might be hard for R.O.B. to return. Can you see him riding on a motorcycle? I'm hoping for a WarioWare character, Wario's wacky bunch needs some spotlight!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It might be hard for R.O.B. to return. Can you see him riding on a motorcycle?
I can see him being a motorcycle.

On another note, I found out yesterday I'll be able to get a Wii U on May 30th. Coincidentally, that's my graduation date.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Being my favorite stage in Mario Kart Wii, I myself would have loved to see Maple Treeway as a retro course this time around, just for the beauty that I can imagine it would bring alone. Though I'm none too sure if it is going to be one of the remaining stages left. . . Perhaps in the form of future DLC?

Anyhow, come May 30th, I'm hoping to have enough put away for a Wii U for the Mario Kart 8 launch. If worst comes to worst, I'll have to make my purchase sometime in June (which is more than likely. . .).

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I know, I really want to see Koopa Cape in HD. But alas, they went ahead and used it.:glare:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
They used a lot of my favorite stages already, too. Airship Fortress, all the GBA Bowser's Castles, Moo Moo Farm (64), Mushroom Bridge, etc.

Probably my favorite SNES stage, at the very least. Also interested in Yoshi Valley.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I think they need to actually add some Bowser Castles to the track list, lol. None are confirmed yet, retro or new.

I can't wait to see what the [suspected] Wii U Bowser Castle looks like, I bet all the lava and fire in HD will look insane. Also hoping for the small chance that they'll add GCN Bowser's Castle, that one was my favorite ever ;_;

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
All 3 of the GBA and 64 ones have been used. Dying for the SNES track, if only for the music (same as Super Mario World's Final Bowser theme)

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I'm a bit skeptical about Yoshi Valley returning. It seems weird having four N64 tracks since there were only three of them last time.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
* 0:51 - Bob-ombs will now walk a few steps before exploding, rather than staying in a stationary position after landing.

* 3:02 - Even though Bob-ombs now walk a few steps before exploding, they still of course will instantly explode when in close proximity to another player.
Actually this isn't a new thing, Bomb ombs also walk in MK7.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
We've already seen Grumble Volcano during the Koopaling depute; that stage looked absolutely beautiful. I'd like to see N64 Bowser's Castle in beautiful HD as well, but given it was on Mario Kart Wii, I doubt they'll add it again this time.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
looking at that gif are spinouts not as crippling as before or is it just some kind of new bumping animation?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
looking at that gif are spinouts not as crippling as before or is it just some kind of new bumping animation?
In antigravity sections, bumping into other players causes that spin animation, and gives you a small boost. Supposed to encourage you to do it.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Still, it's nice that being aggressive is encouraged in some places now.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Interesting. But there's always the possibility that more columns get added with unlockable characters.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Here's something else. An article from the Spanish ONM seems to confirmed DIddy's back.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its obviously fake, notice how all the non confirmed characters have another game's artwork and white backgrounds unlike every confirmed character.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im not saying those characters wont be in, they could, Im just saying that pic is a fake. Nintendo would never reveal something like this using old artwork, come on now.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Pretty sure it's fake, but I'm not really questioning Diddy, Birdo or King Boo's return anyway. I am a bit worried about Dry Bones though, and I wish they'd bring back Petey Piranha.

LF2K

Floor Diver
They just confirmed that it was a misprint. But, really, Diddy's probably back. :p

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
I hope this time they have a proper shop for all the kart customization options. I really hated the random unlock garbage in Mario Kart 7, but that could just be me.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, another rumor has emerged. For those of you on the fence about getting a Wii U and Mario Kart 8, you're in luck if this is true.

Shök

Smash Champion
Well, another rumor has emerged. For those of you on the fence about getting a Wii U and Mario Kart 8, you're in luck if this is true.

Oh man. Good thing I bought my Wii U with the Target offer. Buy Wii U, get a $50 gift card.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Wii and GCN versions of Bowser's Castle are my favorites. I would be ecstatic to see them return, they would look amazing.

And I'm still praying that King Boo will return....

Top Bottom