• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
This really isn't all that surprising, but it's an obvious move that'll sweep some Wii Us off the shelves for sure.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
It would be just plain stupid to not have a Mario Kart bundle. I mean, why not give the potential buyers a bundle with the game they want?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm just happy it looks to be legit. Nintendo is one of those companies you need to invest some faith in, considering their marketing choices are extremely flawed.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver

Here's a full run from DS Cheep Cheep Beach. It's a little muddy, but it's the first real direct footage from the game!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Wow! These bundles need to be announced for a North American release soon so I can go and sign myself up for a Team Luigi purchase! I should be coming across some extra money in the near-future, so the timing of this is opportune.

Edit: I'll correct myself in saying that I'm decidedly not going to purchase any Wii U, bundle or not, for more than $300. The game and console is really all that I find necessary. . . I don't think I'd be too keen on paying anything more than $300 for a deal that isn't related to the Legend of Zelda, specifically if any kind of special edition is ever released for the upcoming Wii U iteration.

I'd agree that the drifting in the above video seems to be a hybrid of inside and out. . . From appearance, a fair enough balance. The highlight reel feature is interesting as well. If it's worthwhile, I wouldn't mind spending a little time messing with its edit function.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ugh! I am incredibly jealous of the Europeans! I would really love to have a Luigi Wii U. :( Though, even if it came here, I wouldn't get it. Luigi is my favorite character of all-time, but that Wii U will definitely be expensive and I have a Wii U already...

R0Y

Smash Master
Ugh! I am incredibly jealous of the Europeans! I would really love to have a Luigi Wii U. :( Though, even if it came here, I wouldn't get it. Luigi is my favorite character of all-time, but that Wii U will definitely be expensive and I have a Wii U already...
The Year of Luigi was made for YOU!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least you can play MKWii and DS online until then! It won't be long!
I've stopped doing Wi-Fi features for Mario Kart Wii after having to resort to USB Loaders. I still have Mario Kart 7 for online play, but I've never really done any more online races after purchasing Pokemon White Version 2, which was late 2012.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Been playing a ton of MkWii and MK7 online to get ready for MK8. But good grief the hackers on MKWii are ridiculous. I left like 3 races the other night due to hackers with their infinite lightning or bombs.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I've stopped doing Wi-Fi features for Mario Kart Wii after having to resort to USB Loaders. I still have Mario Kart 7 for online play, but I've never really done any more online races after purchasing Pokemon White Version 2, which was late 2012.
We should set up MK7 online sometime then; it's still fantastic and it'll help the hype for MK8

Also, MK8 may be getting a demo according to Reddit last I heard. I'm really excited, honestly.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It probably will be given the Mario Golf demo - If it's not, it's not that hard for you to check a store locally. Were you able to go to the Best Buy promotion?
If you're talking about the E3 2013 event, I did attend a Best Buy that was holding the event, but it was a waste of time on my end. I don't want a repeat of that.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
If you're talking about the E3 2013 event, I did attend a Best Buy that was holding the event, but it was a waste of time on my end. I don't want a repeat of that.
I doubt it'd be a repeat of that; that one was just for promotion. If they were to do a demo, it'd either be for everyone in stores or for everyone on eShop or both if we're lucky

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
New pics released from a demo stream that aired earlier tonight, everything is in Japanese; but it at least gives us more details.

GP customization screen:

Vehicle Selection screen:

Character Selection screen:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On an additional note, Mario Kart 7's stat system is apparently back...

A user has also found a name list for the vehicle parts that are in the game.

Truth said:
I translated the names of the parts that appeared in the demo. You shouldn't expect these names to be localized exactly from their Japanese translation, but it could happen.

* indicates this part returns from Mario Kart 7

Karts
スタンダードカート - Standard Kart*
スケルトン (Skeleton) - Pipe Frame*
Gフォース - G-Force
スティールダイバー - Steel Diver
ネコクラシカル - Classical Cat
ターボ・ワン - Turbo One
トライマッシュ - Tri-mash
ビートデイモン - Demon Beat
プリンセスコーチ - Princess Coach
パタテンテン - Para-Biddybud
クッパシップ (Bowser Ship) - Airship
スニーカート - Sneaker
スーパースター - Superstar

Bikes
スタンダードバイク - Standard Bike
スーパーコメット - Super Comet
マッハGP - Mach GP (this actually looks exactly like the Mach Bike, you even hold it similarly)
マキシマム - Maximum
バーニングボウル - Burning Bowl
モト・ドーザー - Moter Dozer
そらまめ - Broad Bean
ジェットライダー - Jet Rider (inside drift?)
ヨッシーバイク - Yoshi Bike

Buggies
スタンダードATV - Standard ATV
ハナチャンバギー (Wiggler Buggy) - Wild Wiggler
くまライド - Bear Rider

Tires
スタンダードタイヤ - Standard Tires*
ワイルドタイヤ (Wild Tires) - Monsters*
ローラータイヤ (Roller Tires) - Roller*
リングタイヤ (Ring Tires)
スリックタイヤ (Slick Tires) - Slick*
メタルタイヤ (Metal Tires)
ボタンタイヤ (Button Tires)
ブロックタイヤ (Block Tires)
スポンジタイヤ (Sponge Tires) - Sponge*
ウッドリング (Wood Rings)
クッションタイヤ (Cushion Tires)
ノーマルブルー (Normal Blue)
ワイルドホット (Wild Hot)
スカイローラー (Sky Rollers)
スパイシーリング (Spicy Rings)
サイバースリッグ (Cyber Rigs?)
クリームブロック (Cream Blocks)

Gliders
スーパーカイト (Super Kite) - Super Glider*
もくもくバルーン (Cloud Balloons)
ワリオカイト (Wario Kite) - Wario Glider
パラフォイル (Parafoil) - Paraglider*
パラフォイルMKTV (MKTV Parafoil)
セイルプレーン (Sail Plane)
クッパだこ (Koopa dako, can't really translate this)
フラワーカイト (Flower Glider)*
パラシュート (Parachute)
ズングリカイト (Waddlewing Glider)
ピーチパラソル (Peach Parasol)*

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I saw those stat comparisons, and have tried to figure them out to some extent. The following quote is a post that I made at Mariokartwii.com, regarding the stat comparisons.

Mario and Sonic Guy said:
I might as well try to figure the stat distribution out if I can. Keep in mind that the stat values that I'll be bringing up will be integers, with the stat maximum being 24.

I have to first start out with the third image, as the first two images use the Paraglider glider part for Toadette's vehicle combos.

Now, when compared to the Super Glider, the Paraglider lowers weight by 1 point to boost acceleration by 1 point. In fact, the following seems right...

Super Glider, Sail Plane, Waddlewing Glider, Wario Glider
*Acceleration: 0
*Weight: 0

Paraglider, Parachute, Flower Glider, Koopa dako, MKTV Parafoil, Cloud Balloons
*Acceleration: +1
*Weight: -1

It seems that all of Toadette's combos that have their stats visible for the first two images are using the Standard Tires and Paraglider, so I can at least estimate on the stat boosts and drops that the vehicle bodies seem to offer.

Toadette's Standard ATV + Standard Tires + Paraglider
*Speed: 11/24
*Acceleration: 11/24
*Weight: 12/24
*Handling: 15/24
*Off-Road: 19/24

Now, if I were to replace the Paraglider with the Super Glider, the Acceleration would drop to 10/24, while Weight would rise to 13/24.

As for the Bear Rider body, when compared to the Standard ATV, the stat differences are as follows...
*Speed: 0
*Acceleration: +2
*Weight: -2
*Handling: +2
*Off-Road: -2

The Wild Wiggler when compared to the Standard ATV...
*Acceleration: +3
*Weight: -3
*Handling: +4
*Off-Road: -4

Next up are the bikes, and I'll start with the Standard Bike body...

Toadette's Standard Bike + Standard Tires + Paraglider
*Acceleration: 14/24
*Weight: 9/24
*Handling: 19/24
*Off-Road: 15/24

Replace Paraglider with Super Glider, and Acceleration becomes 13/24, while Weight becomes 10/24.

Next up is comparing the Standard Bike to the other bike bodies...

Yoshi Bike
*Handling: +1
*Off-Road: -3

Jet Rider

Broad Bean
*Speed: -3
*Acceleration: +4
*Weight: -1
*Handling: 0
*Off-Road: +1

Now this seems odd. For some reason, the Broad Bean seems imbalanced, but because the images aren't the best quality, there may be some errors with my work.

Moter Dozer
*Off-Road: 0

Burning Bowl
*Off-Road: 0

Wait, so am I to understand that the Moter Dozer and Burning Bowl have the same stat boosts as the Standard Bike? That's rather unusual.

Maximum
*Acceleration: -1
*Weight: +1
*Handling: -2
*Off-Road: +2

Mach GP

Another Yoshi Bike copycat for the Mach GP.

I wish that I could go further by going through the kart bodies, but without any visible stats for the Standard Kart, I can't really compare the other kart bodies to it.

Edit: I almost forgot about the stats for the following...

Toadette's Bear Rider + Monster + Paraglider
*Acceleration: 11/24
*Weight: 12/24
*Handling: 14/24
*Off-Road: 20/24

Replace Paraglider with Super Glider, and Acceleration drops to 10/24, while Weight rises to 13/24.

When compared to the Standard Tires, the Monster's stat differences seem to be as follows...

Monster
*Acceleration: -2
*Weight: +2
*Handling: -3
*Off-Road: +3

As for the Slick wheels when compared to the Standard Tires...

Slick
*Speed: +2
*Acceleration: -1
*Weight: +1
*Off-Road: -4

So the Slick wheels have a stat imbalance, just like in Mario Kart 7.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I hope the thundercloud doesn't come back, and you can choose to have coins turned off.
Hopefully Double Dash Mode comes out as DLC in the future.

This would be awesome. lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ugh that was ****ing stupid in mario kart 7. I liked the stat system of MKW. They should've used that wtf.
I actually hated how difficult it was to get the accurate stat values in Mario Kart Wii. At least Mario Kart 7 gave you a better indication on your kart's statistics.

Top Bottom