• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 21 Results

Vivian & Invisibility Curse Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 5
King Boo & Dark Crown GolisoPower GolisoPower 12
Petey Piranha & Spike Ball Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 7
Stork & Delivery Bag @evanwoo10 5
1-UP Mushroom & Rogue Box ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos 6
Pianta & Rocket Nozzle Ruler of Subspace Ruler of Subspace 10
Lanky Kong & P Balloon Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 9

King boo is our next character and his special item is the Dark Crown

Job #22 Submit a Track that is not based on any character & Submit a Retro track from Mario Kart 64

These tracks are your Shroom Ridge's, Rock Rock Mountain's Etc.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
New Track: Musée de Champignon
1620940998835.png

A track taking place in an art museum. You'll find various old-age arts such as paintings of old Toads, statues of mighty Koopas, and intricately decorated pottery from since perhaps before the Mushroom Kingdom. The track itself is very straightforward sometimes, and allows you to take advantage of exhibits for boosts and cover from incoming item fire. You start at the entrance of the museum, and as you drive through, you'll start from the earliest art pieces to the more recent, each transition between time periods a lap in and of itself before crossing the starting line, making the layout similar to MK64's Rainbow Road mechanically.

Banshee Boardwalk:
1620941293349.png

A track from Mario Kart 64 that has made its return in MKDS, Banshee Boardwalk is a track I feel needs a good overhaul. The thing it has going for it in comparison to Broken Pier is that Banshee Boardwalk has more detail and more to work with. It's a little spooky, yeah, but it's got its own unique aesthetic to it, I'll have you know.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 22: Sky Pipes

This track takes place in the sky and has a general Mario "athletic level" theme to it. Foos, Lakitus, Flopters, and other flying enemies spectate the race from above and below.

The terrain you're racing on consists of floating chunks of land and clouds, often connected by multicolored warp pipes which you race on top of. Some of these pipes are giant and can be entered like the pipe in MK7's Mario Circuit.

Things get more interesting with the addition of clear pipes, which are just large enough for one racer to slide through. These work like in 3D World and some have branching paths. Some even end in cannons that boost you forwards and activate your glider! Item boxes also travel through these pipes in a set pattern, so time your pipe-sliding right to get one. Lastly, projectiles like shells can be thrown into clear pipes and will travel through them as a racer would.

The last segment of the course has everyone race along the rim of the biggest pipe in the course before gliding back down to the starting line.

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Quick question: Since MK8 was the first to feature guest characters, would we be assigned a job to choose one or two later on?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Job 22:
New track:
S.T.E.A.M by Gorgonzales Gorgonzales
Submerged
Technological
Expertise
Analyzing
Magma

A subsidiary of Gadd Industries, this course takes place in an underwater research facility near an active volcano. The drivers race through brightly lit hallways that lead to various sections like laboratories and water treatment areas (kind of like the Wario Dam section of Mount Wario. The interior, not the exterior). The drivers are eventually led outside of the facility into an underwater section where they drive around the exterior and up an erupting underwater volcano, which serves as a boost that leads them back to the facility.

This course contains rare, special item boxes containing prototype FLUDD nozzles that automatically attach to your kart when obtained.

Blue boxes give you the Squirt Nozzle, which briefly attaches to the front of your kart and sprays a stream of water that spins out opponents if they're sprayed for long enough. You can control the direction of the spray with the right stick.

Red Boxes contain the Rocket Nozzle, which boosts you upwards. These are usually found near branching paths, where obtaining one automatically boosts you up to an alternate route on an upper floor.

Gray Boxes give you the Turbo Nozzle, which briefly attaches to the back of your kart and sprays out water backwards to increase your speed. You can even pass people and drive in front of them to spray them with the water and spin them out!
Mario Kart 64 retro:
Frappe Snowland
ddoltro-2df5799e-6a96-4cb4-8bdc-a70a351e7fac.jpg

This track deserves better. It just feels so... empty. It could really benefit from a brand new coat of paint.

christmas-village-richard-burns.jpg

I'd imagine a remake taking place in a small village during the Christmas season like in the picture above. I would make the cliff section at the end more interesting by turning it into more of an ice cave like the following image:

man-standing-in-jokulsarlon-glacier-ice-cave.jpg

And for aesthetic purposes I would have the village be located right next to a large lake from which you can gaze upon the northern light reflecting off it.

433dcba483473cfcc8ae575e05db5c3b.jpg

Last edited:

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Considering my previous track idea (Galaxy Generator) needs to be somewhat based on a character, I'm coming up with something new.

Job 22: Urban Raceway
20150415-1-360-chicago-view.jpg

This track consists of three sections and no loop, pretty much like Maka Wuhu, Big Blue, and others.

Section One

The track begins on the inside of a crane near the top of an unfinished skyscraper. There's a glider ramp at the edge, and you can glide down to one of two rooftops. Each rooftop branches onto a unique path, each obviously connecting together into one road creating a fork.
The_top_of_One_Rincon_Hill_South_Tower_and_the_crane_seen_above_the_South_of_Market_skyscrape...jpeg

This first section will have an overlap midway through. This will be done by having the right side transition to left and the left transition to the right. A metal plate will be bolted from building to building to go above the left transition, and a wooden plank will be below the metal. Right to left should be straight across, and left to right is down. Choosing the right side should lead to a slightly steeper descent than the left. Of course, you have the option to stay on the right side, but you'll need a boost to get across. I drew a very quick sketch.
sketch1620985130022.png

The general idea of this section is hopping from building to building, whether it be from conveniently placed rooftop ventilators, tricking off slightly extended walls, or sliding down a slope. It will form a small, misshapen figure eight. This will lead down to the street where the next section begins.

I'd also like to mention that the whole track should be reminiscent of New Donk City.
jx8t7jo1hq9y.jpg

Section Two

This will be a curvy section, as most roads tend to be. Cars are parked on the side of the road in front of buildings, and every so often a ramp will appear in front of them, that way you can bounce off the cars just like in Super Mario Odyssey. After that, there will be a bridge similar to the one in Wuhu Loop except twice the size. This part is pretty much a joyride: you're forced into traffic, but instead of waiting, you're driving on top of cars, busses, trucks, etc. and jumping off of ramps scattered across traffic. At the end, there will be a tunnel to a subway, which is the final section.
large_thumbnail.jpg

Section Three

As you enter the subway, it appears to look a lot like Super Bell Subway. That is true, but it's obviously smaller and doesn't loop. The general layout and turns are different, meaning that ramps and platforms are in different places to make it a lot different than SBS. The one major difference is that instead of just being able to ride on top of the trains, you can go inside them too. The back of the one going in the same direction you are will be open, but the one going the opposite direction will be trickier to get into. It has a door on the side, so you'll have to carefully drift into it if you want. Both trains will contain boost panels and a set of Item Boxes.

Approaching the finish line, you will be sent flying out of the subway with boost panels and a glider ramp. The outside will look very similar to section two but more busy. The finish line will in front of a building that you will drive and slide into thar looks very similar to New Donk City Hall.

Last edited:

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
For a returning track from MK64, I'd like to see Bowser's Castle.
MK64_Bowser_Castle_Icon.png

It was a wonderful track in Mario Kart Wii and I'd love to see an update.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Chemical Lab

A stage taking place in a giant chemistry lab, this course is unique for 2 features

First, the stage is primarily foucuses exclusively on 90 degree turns,making it one of the trickier courses to navigate, especially when avoid the giant bunsen burners in the middle gliding section and the electrical nodes coming from the tesla coil walls

Second their are no items boxes, instead you collide with chemical vials which gives many different effects

Blue makes you larger but slower

Red makes you smaller but faster

Purple makes you faster but harder to control

Yellow makes you slower but temporarily invincible

Beware as touching Black chemical vials causes you to explode and White chemical vials will act as the thunder cloud

In the background scientist toads and koopas cheer in the distance

The music sounds like this

Overall a simple concept but a unique concept as well like all the best mario kart tracks

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions for new tracks ends in a few hours

That was a couple jobs ago unfortunately. We are currently submitting new tracks though if you want to get in on that.
Ah I thought that was more of a “submit it when you are free” type of deal. Did someone submit a track for the Koopa University then?

cashregister9

Smash Hero

GolisoPower

Smash Master
New Battle Track:
1621278359112.png
1621278377040.png

Fury Town:
This is a battle track taking place in a city on fire, with Fury Bowser in the background rampaging as though he were some Mushroom Kingdom equivalent of Godzilla. The layout itself would be fairly large: taking place at a city square completely left to desolation by Fury Bowser, with some buildings on fire at the top and others just piles of rubble which racers can use as ramps for boosts. On some rare occasions, Fury Bowser will face off against Giga Cat Mario himself, or a Mecha-Fury-Bowser if Mario is participating in a Battle. At the end of the match, Fury Bowser will retract into his shell as the skies clear up, his rampage over...for now...

Retro Battle Track:
1621278148985.png

Lunar Colony:

One of the most beautiful-looking tracks in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the Lunar Colony is a battle track that is absolutely unique in terms of aesthetics and layout. Having this return would be beautiful.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1200px-Sammer's_Kingdom.png

New Battle Course
Sammer's Kingdom (I will forever try to get a super paper mario course)
Since un universe this course is inspired by was a tournament I think it would fit pretty well as a battle course

Its boxed shaped with a Blue, Pink, Orange, and Green section to keep your direction, the course takes full inspiration of the wutai setting, their are gongs that if you ram into them with a speed boost you can stun opponents, each team can summon a personal squadron of star throwing Ninjoes that disguise themselves as item boxes.

The sammer guys and the king himself will be overlooking this crazy course.

Retuning Big Donut
Not many changes, just as simple as it was last time

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 23:
Golden Ruins

This battle course takes place on the ruins of an ancient temple loosely based on the one from DKCR. The layout is similar to the exterior of a pyramid; there are three to four levels of platforms, with each getting smaller as the elevation increases. A set of stairs connect each floor. (When the time comes I'll draw a layout for this course so you can see what I mean)

Block Fort

The quintissential Mario Kart battle course! Branching paths, multiple levels, distinguishable color schemes; this course has it all. IMO it's the "Battlefield" of Mario Kart battle mode courses, and if it were up to me this would be included in every game. It's that good.

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
So close yet so far, oh well :(

Job 23
Dark World Castle

Capture+_2021-05-19-11-35-03.png

This was just a quick model I threw together because I had no other way to represent my idea through an image.

As the above image shows, there is a structure similar to a lookout tower in the center with four pillars in each corner of the track. Because I'm using my phone for all of this, I couldn't do anything too detailed, so I'll be explaining below.

1701.png

This is what the ground should look like, and the bombs at each corner should be there too. In my mind, I was thinking the course should be around 1.5x bigger than Honeybee Hive to keep things balanced, but that's obviously always subject to change.

This would be a somewhat hectic battle course, as there's bombs and a spinning Bowser statue at the top of the tower that will occasionally blow out fire onto the track. In between each pillar would be a set of three Item boxes, and in the tower would be four item boxes in the shape of a diamond looking at them from an entrance.

For decoration and whatever else, there could be flags on the pillars and maybe minions in the windows of the tower. For the background, it could be the same as in Super Mario 64, or it could be a dark thunderstorm.

I was gonna go with the Switch logo but I had no idea how to make it sound good, so here's this.

Galaxy Colosseum
tumblr_26295232ea63be5f5e3c4560b4eda9cf_81e74eda_512.jpg

While never a selectable course, it's still a battle course. For a remastered version, I'd say the Spikey Topman should return in the center as well as some added Topmen around the blue ring.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 23

Retro

Dragon Palace

New

Chronochamber

This stage would have 3 rooms based on 3 different Time Periods, Past, Present Future. Each room has the same layout but with new areas and hazards. To enter each Time period just drive through a door on each end of the room. In The Middle is a laboratory that connects to the 3 rooms.

here is a quick visualization

chronochamber.png

The middle is the Lab and the black lines jutting out from that are roads that connect it to the chambers, the blue lines are the portals that you can drive through to take you to the other rooms.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Retro Battle: Honey Bee Hive

New Battle:
Console themed courses were at one point a Mario Kart staple, but the Switch is just a flat screen, so we'll have to get creative...

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.
The handles are a downwards slope, the D-pad seems like a wall but you can jump on it with the drift button, the YXBA buttons are basically just bumps in the road, the shoulder buttons are pressed down and therefore not driveable terrain, and finally the joysticks will be rotated in different directions, meaning you can drive atop them when they're facing you, but once you get on you may be pushed off. The +, -, Home, and Camera buttons don't effect gameplay.

Top Bottom