• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Forgive me for voting for one of my own here, but;

1. Super Horn
2. Boo

I feel like the Super Horn is a necessary item these days.

I also feel like having Boo steal it from you just before a Blue Shell comes is comedy gold.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
1. Super Horn
2. Chain Chomp

I'd normally vote for FiB but I came up with a far better idea for it so I'll hold off in case it doesn't win.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 11 Results

Chain Chomp Otoad64 Otoad64 6
Lucky 7/Crazy 8 Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 3
Fake Item Box Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 5
Super Horn GolisoPower GolisoPower 7
Boo YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 5

The Super Horn Will be Added

Job #12

Submit a Character Skin

This is different from the Character Costume job, this job is submitting something more substantial than a new costume, I'm thinking something like Dry Bowser Over Bowser, A Koopaling Over Bowser Jr., Gold Mario Over Metal Mario etc. etc.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I've been considering a few options but I worry some are too obscure, or don't quite fit well enough with their base character's abilities, or worse; both.

However I think this one would work and make sense as a skin rather than a whole new driver:

500px-SMO_Artwork_Tiara.png

Tiara
Cappy's sister and Peach's fellow kidnappee in Mario Odyssey, it's appears she has similar abilities to her brother, which should make for a perfect alt skin.

Whilst Tiara is indeed important to Mario Odyssey being that her abduction is the whole reason Cappy chooses to team up with Mario, I don't think anyone would want her to take up a full driver spot, but she's ideal for giving Cappy some much needed alts/skin options.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 12: Bone Yoshi

He's from a prototype version of Yoshi's Island and he's super rad. I seriously wonder how an idea like this hasn't made it into a completed Mario game yet. Also, Nintendo is no stranger to reusing scrapped ideas from the past; a "chomping cloud" graphic from a related SNES prototype seems to have been repurposed nearly two decades later for Super Mario Maker.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 12
wario.jpeg

Cowboy Wario (From the upcoming Mario Golf on Switch)

It's high noon boys, we ride at dawn!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 12
View attachment 310964

Cowboy Wario (From the upcoming Mario Golf on Switch)

It's high noon boys, we ride at dawn!
This one would fall under the costume category and not the skin category.

For a skin think of something that could feasibly change any animations or sound clips but are still intrinsically tied to a character like Dry Bowser

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So these are basically characters who share most animations, but have some unique animations and qualities - correct? While we're at it, will the ones who are seperate characters (Funky, Tiny, e.t.c.) have their own slots?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So these are basically characters who share most animations, but have some unique animations and qualities - correct? While we're at it, will the ones who are seperate characters (Funky, Tiny, e.t.c.) have their own slots?
They would have their own slots but it would be organized like an Echo fighter would in smash bros.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sorry if this is a little too short after the last 3 karts. I'm trying to space them out but I have so many ideas that it makes it a little tricky.
Falcon AX (A lot smaller, stripped of all F-Zero branding with just "AX" in its place, screen replaced with a window, wheels added of course)

Speed: 5
Acceleration: 1
Weight: 5
1618201771020.jpeg
Femurru-brum (Bike. resembles a grasshopper but is overall mechanical-looking.)

Speed: 3
Acceleration: 5
Weight: 1
Wario Bike (Has flame decals as seen in Smash. Becomes purple when driven by Waluigi.)

Speed: 4
Acceleration: 2
Weight: 3

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Sorry if this is a little too short after the last 3 karts. I'm trying to space them out but I have so many ideas that it makes it a little tricky.
Falcon AX (A lot smaller, stripped of all F-Zero branding with just "AX" in its place, screen replaced with a window, wheels added of course)

Speed: 5
Acceleration: 1
Weight: 5
Inspired by Ryo's ride in Sonic Transformed? I like it.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Okay, so I know I've already submitted Tiara, but I was browsing and I thought of someone else I think would work well:

Rex (mock up by myself-Rex surprisingly has no 3D model)

Rex.png

Rex is a surprisingly underused enemy who has never had the opportunity to be playable before, meaning our little Mario Kart would be his first official playable role!

We don't exactly have many 'minion' style characters at current(not even Koopa Troopa yet) but this rare Yoshi looking enemy I feel would make a good 'skin'.

Rex could actually work pretty well for both Yoshi(obvious, very similar looking) but also Birdo.

If successful and a Birdo skin: I'm thinking we could reskin the magic potion item that Birdo uses into the key from Super Mario World(the game Rex debuted in) in which rather than using the Magic Potion to enter Subcon, he'd use the key to access the Mario World keyhole; essentially entering into a totally different world similar to the potion's effects.

If successful and becomes a Yoshi skin: We'll work out how to 'reskin' Yoshi's special item at a later date...when we decide what Yoshi's special item actually is!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1) Metal Mario: He's practically a mainstay at this point.
2) Dry Bowser
3) Tiara

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Tiara
2. Dry Bowser
3. Metal Mario

In the interest of fairness we could hold Rex back for the next skin round if you'd prefer? Happy to resubmit at a later point if it helps.

1. Gooigi
2. Metal Mario
3. Dry Bowser
Yeah I'll do that, It was a well done submission and we will do more so you can re-submit it again

Last edited:
Top Bottom