• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
New:
1. Koopa University:I'm willing to do a concept sketch of this, it sounds really fun!
2. Volbono Valley: There's already a Mario Kart Wii custom track based on the Luncheon Kingdom and it's really cool. So much potential.
3. Crumbleden: Favorite kingdom conceptually. Wish there was more done with it.

Retro:
1. Ninja Hideaway: Yeah it just came out and I need it in mainline Mario Kart. Gimme.
2. Wario Colosseum: They'd go crazy with the antigravity going around the sphere, honestly.
3. Mount Wario: I can't picture it being much different from the original in a sequel, but hey, it's a fun track.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
New
1. University
2. Witchcraft Tower
3. Volbono Valley

Retro
1. Ninja Hideaway
2. Mount Wario
3. Coconut Mall

Voting will end in an hour or 2

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 10 results

Retro Tracks
Mount Wario GolisoPower GolisoPower 13
Wario Colosseum Mamboo07 Mamboo07 7
DK Jungle Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 2
New York Minute cashregister9 cashregister9 2
Coconut Mall YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 10
Ninja Hideaway Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 9
Yoshi Desert @Venus of the Desert Bloom 5

New Tracks
Kamek's Witchcraft Tower GolisoPower GolisoPower 6
Crumbleden Mamboo07 Mamboo07 6
Overthere Court Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 2
Diamond City Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 2
Koopa Karnival cashregister9 cashregister9 5
Volbono Valley YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 6
Koopa University @Venus of the Desert Bloom 21

Job #11
Submit a Retro Item that has appeared in the past

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Kart Submissions have started.

How these will work is just to follow this template

Kart Image.pngName:
Speed: 1-5
Acceleration: 1-5
Weight: 1-5

Each Kart will be rated on the scale from 1-5 for each of the 3 categories. You can submit any Kart from the past, or new Karts that are references to something else or general design inspirations.

When submitting Karts you can submit no more than 3 Karts per post.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 11: Fake Item Box
...With some modifications. I want to repurpose this item to make it live up to it's name.

These updated FIB's actually, y'know, look like item boxes. The differences between real and fake are more subtle; gone are the ugly red Item Boxes that stick out like a sore thumb on the racetrack. Instead, Fake Item boxes only differ in that they have an upside-down question mark and don't spin.

But wait! There's more!

So, y'know how you often see FIB's strewn around the course and NOT near the real rows of item boxes? Yeah, nobody's falling for a lone item box in the middle of the track, no matter how authentic it looks. And even if you do decide to drop it near an actual row, the overlap of boxes will still be an obvious giveaway.

So for this new version, dropping this item near an actual row of item boxes will make it snap into the position the closest box to you, effectively replacing that real item box with a fake! This should make it much trickier for foes to tell what's real and what's not!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 11:
1617909581057.png

Super Horn

The sweet relief from the Blue Shell fans have been asking for, the Super Horn has saved 1st-placers from being violated and screwed over by the 1st-Place-hating explosive item. Having this back would make more feel safe to ensure the Blue Shell never causes as much terror as it did pre-MK8.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Kart Submissions
View attachment 310595

1. Taxi Cab (from Odyssey)
Speed: ?
Acceleration: ?
Weight: ?

2. Bullet Express (the locomotive from 3D World)
View attachment 310597
Speed: ?
Acceleration ?
Weight: ?

cashregister9 cashregister9
I don't understand the Speed/Acceleration/Weight thing?
(What do the numbers mean?)
Speed: The top speed of the Kart, the higher the number, the higher the top speed
Acceleration: How long it takes to reach the top speed, the higher the number the faster it is
Weight: How heavy the kart is, The weight of the Kart can determine priority, for example if a Heavy kart bumps into a lightweight kart, the Lighter car will be shoved off to the side.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Kart submissions:
Penny Farthing

Speed: 1
Acceleration: 4
Weight: 5

A bit smaller than the real thing but still a big eyecatcher, especially when the wheels are swapped out.
Virtual Booster

Speed: 3
Acceleration: 5
Weight: 3

See that grey bit at the top? That's where the driver sits, it's a bit bigger though. Everything below the eyes is replaced with wheels
Zoom Broom

Speed: 5
Acceleration: 2
Weight: 1

Resembles the Ink Striker somewhat in terms of shape.

Waddle!

Smash Rookie
To be honest, I really liked Mario Kart Wii more than all of the other Mario Kart games, especially MK8 Deluxe. I did not like that game, got boring after 3 weeks. Never really returned to Mario Kart Wii after that as I lost interest in the series, however I'm still more than willing to gush over the fun times I had with this odd racing game. Where am I going with this? Well, I want mechanics, tracks, and some UI from Mario Kart Wii to come back in Mario Kart 9. Why not characters, you may ask. Well.. Funky Kong was too overpowered and destroyed the competition easily. Poor Toad never stood a fighting chance. Birdo is a bit strange, however if she came back I wouldn't really care. Sure, Birdo can return, just no Funky Monkey.

Waddle!

Smash Rookie
This is my ideal Mario Kart 9:

• Birdo (Maybe)
  • Wheelies
  • MKWii's inside drifting, with some nerfs
  • Buffed snaking for karts, because MKDS is a good game.
  • The return of Toad's Factory, Coconut Mall, Waluigi Pinball, Delfino Square, and Bowsers Castle from MKWii
  • Jazz music
  • and MAYBEEE R.O.B? Also new characters, but I'll not get into that (yet)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
This is my ideal Mario Kart 9:

• Birdo (Maybe)
  • Wheelies
  • MKWii's inside drifting, with some nerfs
  • Buffed snaking for karts, because MKDS is a good game.
  • The return of Toad's Factory, Coconut Mall, Waluigi Pinball, Delfino Square, and Bowsers Castle from MKWii
  • Jazz music
  • and MAYBEEE R.O.B? Also new characters, but I'll not get into that (yet)
Wait for the jobs.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
To be honest, I really liked Mario Kart Wii more than all of the other Mario Kart games, especially MK8 Deluxe. I did not like that game, got boring after 3 weeks. Never really returned to Mario Kart Wii after that as I lost interest in the series, however I'm still more than willing to gush over the fun times I had with this odd racing game. Where am I going with this? Well, I want mechanics, tracks, and some UI from Mario Kart Wii to come back in Mario Kart 9. Why not characters, you may ask. Well.. Funky Kong was too overpowered and destroyed the competition easily. Poor Toad never stood a fighting chance. Birdo is a bit strange, however if she came back I wouldn't really care. Sure, Birdo can return, just no Funky Monkey.
This thread is a group design thread, Certain Prompts will be posted and anyone can submit 1 submission as long as it fits the prompt. After the submission period we will then vote on it and the one with the most votes will get added to the front page.

We have done quite a few jobs and the current job is to submit an Idea for a retro item.

You can see what we have added here

Top Bottom