• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 6 is Releasing November 9th, 2023

Funky_Kong_Real.jpg

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s final wave of the Booster Course Pass is almost here. Wave 6 of the Booster Course Pass is launching on November 9th, 2023!

As you’d expect from the final DLC, Wave 6 has new content on the way. As usual there are eight new tracks, but, this time we’re also getting a whopping four new characters! Here’s what’s coming to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe soon:

Acorn Cup:
  • Rome Avanti (Tour)
  • DK Mountain (GCN)
  • Daisy Circuit (Wii)
  • Piranha Plant Cove (Tour)
Spiny Cup:
  • Madrid Drive (Tour)
  • Rosalina’s Ice World (3DS)
  • Bowser Castle 3 (SNES)
  • Rainbow Road (Wii)
New Characters:
  • Diddy Kong (Medium Weight)
  • Funky Kong (Heavy Weight)
  • Pauline (Heavy Weight)
  • Peachette (Medium Weight)

Author’s Note: Crazy to think we’re finally nearing the end now. It’s been a long ride but I’ve really enjoyed how the Booster Course Pass came out. I wasn't even expecting new characters, and we ended up with eight new ones overall. And the tracks have been pretty great for the most part too, there's been a lot to love! Enough about my thoughts though, what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing & Editing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail Graphic: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

If nintendo wants to go all out they could release a seprate character Pack!
I would love to see someone like Goomba, Florian, Kirby or Toon Link in Mario Kart!

I do kind of wish that Nintendo would just categorize characters by size, instead of weight. I mean, despite Wiggler's weight, its body frame is medium, much like with Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach.

Anyway, to see DK Mountain over Dino Dino Jungle did surprise me, along with the lack of Piranha Plant Pipeline.

The size of characters is more obvious and can have a stronger impact on gameplay. For example, larger characters tend to have a higher jump and a wider kick.
My overview is here

Last edited:
New Mii Costumes from Tour also confirmed!

Various Miis racing in GCN DK Mountain
Miis in different Mii Racing Suits on Wii Rainbow Road

Also found a look at the full roster, looks like Villagers and Inklings are now merged to make room for the four new characters.

The full character roster, with the Mii Racing Suits selection panel open
Wiggler on Wild Wiggler vs Wiggler Suit Mii on Wild Wiggler, who would win? This is great lol

New Music Function confirmed on Japanese Nintendo website. Will be presumably similar to My Music mode in Smash, will let you listen to the music of all the tracks in game anytime you want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom