• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Info vid (updated with annotations)

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Don't like Barwlwz (Mean to spell it that way =P) as much as I like Melee, but I main Mario. So..

This is some good stuff manz! I like the vid! :laugh:

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
gr8 vid, i enjoyed watching that alot.
not that important but what you could have added is where to hit to get the different effects of f-air and fludd/cape combo guard

Bl4nk

Smash Cadet
If you are going to add techniques to the video later, i have two requests:

You could add a shortened fsmash, like doing a very short dash dance and then cancelling the second dash into a regular fsmash. I find it pretty useful in some situations and it can be quite surprising for the opponent.

The second one is angling Mario's up+B. Can be very useful on stages like Final Destination.

Bl4nk

Smash Cadet
It's the same concept, but since Mario can stutter step you need to be aware of which side you smash to. You dash one step back, then turn around like in a dashdance and then instantly fsmash. I wish i had a recording device so i could show you what i mean.

Bl4nk

Smash Cadet
Hmm, no try to imagine the oposite of stutterstep. Instead of taking one step forward, you take one step backward. Great for spacing and hitting closer with the sweetspot.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I have an idea, try a wave slide stutter step. Like do an Ftilt in one direction and the Fsmash in the other with the proper timing for the wave slide.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Ok now, anymore things i may have to add? So i can make a whole new video with as much updates as possible.

Bl4nk

Smash Cadet
Ok now, anymore things i may have to add? So i can make a whole new video with as much updates as possible.
You could show a great setup for jab lock, namely doing a bair and hitting them kinda with your face, then SHing a fireball at them as they land and then walk up to them and start the jab locking. It's the easiest setup for jab lock imo.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Nice vid. Could use some more edgegaurding scenario's, capeing upB's. Like a mario Guide in a sense. Mario doesnt have many techniques. But knowing his certain setups/follow ups for each of his moves helps.

Bl4nk

Smash Cadet
To sum it up this far:

- Shortened fsmash
- Angling up+B
- Jab lock setup
- Glide fsmash (i myself couldn't get this to work)

Requestet music would be this or this ^^

I really don't think there is much more to add.

Top Bottom