• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mario Hotel - Super Social 4

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I really think his recovery needs to be better though; he is the jumpman, so he should at least have a better than average recovery. =P
Also I'd rather have Mario Tornado; FLUDD is too situational IMHO.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Event though i know it would be similar to kirby's down B, id like to see the stone tanooki as the replacement for his fluud move.

But if not that a variation of the mario tornado but with added luma support and what not.

D

Deleted member

I really think his recovery needs to be better though; he is the jumpman, so he should at least have a better than average recovery. =P
"Jumpman" is kind of funny issue, considering that he was only called that because he jumped over barrels in Donkey Kong. Luigi is the better jumper of the two, and if Mario's average recovery is buffed, Luigi's above average recovery would have to be buffed as well, making it ridiculous.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Toon Link has a similar down aerial where he rushes downwards. It could be similar to that.

:phone:
True, but i figured if it was his down b it would make him solid like kirby for a few seconds. If it was his Down air it would mean he could get knocked out of it, but im sure they could find some way to work it in that way i suppose.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still say Galaxy Spin should be his Down B as a revamed Mario Tornado. It would be a one hit attack this time though, with good knockback. You should be able to use it similary to Mario Tornado though, that you can alter directions with the move. And it should assist in recovery also. And I'd personally like it if Up B would have longer reach as well.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
True, but i figured if it was his down b it would make him solid like kirby for a few seconds. If it was his Down air it would mean he could get knocked out of it, but im sure they could find some way to work it in that way i suppose.
Let Kirby have that. I like the idea of it being a Down Aerial better.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
From the Balanced Brawl site:

Balanced Brawl Bonus: Super Walljump Punch​
  • This change allows Mario to cancel his Super Jump Punch into a walljump. Unlike in Super Smash Brothers Melee, this cancel can be done at any time during the Super Jump Punch, not just at the apex of the jump.
I. WANTS. IT.

Anonymous777

Smash Rookie
Not bad. I think Mario's attacks should be exactly how they were in melee but buffed. His neutral b can be repeatedly pressed for 3 rapid fireballs fired from both hands. His side b can be held in midair to assist him in a gliding recovery like Metaknight but to balance it, you can only do this or sjp. This means you can midair jump and glide to recover from above the stage or midair jump and sjp to recover from below the stage. This ability can only be activated from the first cape in midair because if you could activate it whenever you wanted it would be broken. Mario would knockback an opponent off the stage then proceed to chase them by double jumping away from the stage to cape them(seriously gimping their recovery), all while gliding back to safety. His down b should be the Luma spin. It should be a one hit attack with good knockback and a little ascension, like in the galaxy games, for vertical recovery. In galaxy you can do them in quick succession for a max of 2 or 3 hits, i dont remember, each one ascending. That should be implemented in ssb4. His up b should stay the same. Maybe it should be given a little more knockback and invincibility.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The problem with his recovery isn't that it's weak/ In Melee, his was average like it should be. The problem was that Brawl added a bunch of characters with ridiculous recoveries: Meta-Knight, Pit, Wario, Snake, ROB. And probably more. It makes Mario's recovery seem weak. I think it will be sorted out in SSB4 when characters with normal recoveries are added.

Again, I think Mario tornado as his down air is good. Just the FLUDD is awful.

D

Deleted member

I usually don't have much to say about Mario. He's usually an all around character. But I didn't like his Fludd as his down special move. I think it should be converted into an item. His Mario Tornado should be changed back into down special.
:dedede: :sheik: :snake:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only major change I can see happening with Mario is changing the down-b move. It could be similar to the old Mario Tornado in SSB64/SSBM. Or maybe the move will be changed into the Mario Galaxy spin attack. So instead of doing multiple weaker hits, Mario just does one powerful swipe with decent knockback. I'd like to see his final smash be tweaked a bit too. I like the way the Mario Finale as it is, a giant fireball, it fits well for Mario in a game like this. Just a decent damage buff really. Like 10%-20% more attack power, with a little more knockback.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just an idea for the FLUDD. Pressing Down B would cause Mario's specials to change and be based on the FLUDD.

Up B - Hover nozzle
Neutral B - What it does in Brawl
Side B - The FLUDD propels him forward at a great speed.
Down B - Puts back the FLUDD.

Thoughts on this?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
pretty much the same as I posted awile back,though I had UP B be the Rocket and Hove be a float mode like Peach.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I thought of a decent recovery for Mario that doesn't have to be his Up B special. Say if you are attempting to recover from off the stage. Why not create a recover where he wears his cape from Super Mario World? All the player would do is use the Side B to use the cape, then activate the glide (like Meta Knight/Pit/Charizard), then can follow up with a Super Jump Punch.

Now that I think about that it's probably way too good, but i'm sure it could be implemented nicely.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hope his Down B the Galaxy Spin can assist some in recovery, like how it can gain a little momentum in the air in the Galaxy games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, does anyone know of a way his hammer can be implemented? I was thinking that it could be one of his B-moves myself. But I don't think could work as well as say the spin attack or the ground pound.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
FSmash personally, it's never been particularly strong except in SSB. You have to sweetspot in Melee to really get good KB out of it and it's just meh in Brawl.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think the down B should just stay FLUDD, just make it different/better.
1. Not a move that has to be charged; Make it like ROB's laser in that it automatically charges when he doesn't use it. Charged amount would just be how long the spray lasts, not making it spray "harder" or anything.
2. When used in air, have it be the hover nozzle instead, giving another needed boost in recovery as well as granting another semi-spike attack by pushing enemies underneath him down.
3. At max charge, have it spray about 25% longer than it does in Brawl.

Done and done.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I think Mario's Up B should be the Rocket Nozzle.
His Down B should be the Mario Tornado (like in Galaxy).
And his Neutral B fireballs need to be more like in his games. Add more speed and give them a little bounce. They might accidentally become useful.
His side B is fine, if not damn good as it is.

For his normal attacks, they're all fine as they are. Maybe buff them a little for balance, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think Mario's Up B should be the Rocket Nozzle.
His Down B should be the Mario Tornado (like in Galaxy).
And his Neutral B fireballs need to be more like in his games. Add more speed and give them a little bounce. They might accidentally become useful.
His side B is fine, if not damn good as it is.

For his normal attacks, they're all fine as they are. Maybe buff them a little for balance, though.
His fireballs are fine as they are. Not to say I wouldn't mind the move having more power or speed. But I think if they're any changes to the fireball, you should be able to shoot two fire balls quickly, like you could in the games. His Super Jump Punch is fine as it is, no need to change it, aside from the basic buffs like damage or range. While I do really agree with you on his Down-B being the spin attack from the galaxy games. Either that or giving him a ground pound.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah Mario's fireballs are just lackluster compared to some of the other projectiles. I'd prepare them to have a consistent bounce rather than BOUNCE, Bounce, fizzle that he currently has.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, can we buff his Up+Smash? Maybe even his Down+Smash too while we're at it.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I think mario just needs more dedicated kill moves personally I hate that mario is the type of charactter that if you make one your opponent can punish you iimmensely for it. Either he needs more kill power or range . His recovery is fine but the fludd is really Good. The star spin only being a one hit move is odd to me because how you to apply pressure fire balls can only get you so far and so can some aerials. But kill power should really be atop priority .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That one moment on Brawl when Mario wasn't poker faced. (-_-)
True, I wish that SSE Mario wasn't Pit's angry sidekick, though that scene where he nearly punched Link to Smash-China was pretty cool.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That one moment in Brawl when Mario wasn't poker faced. (-_-)
See! He looks much better when he's happy and calm.

Not that Mario shouldn't be serious at times, but all the time is just out of character.

Capeflip

Smash Cadet
I actually think Mario's fludd is good.It's an awesome positioning tool. The problem is that people never try to bring out its potential. Fludd induced hit lag is great. The charge time can be buffed though

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Do you think Mario's remix of his original theme for his victory theme should be changed to his New Super Mario Bros. Wii Victory theme? (NSMBW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Ljl8lZPog) (Brawl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9UmSGetOPM)
Although a small detail, it means a bit to the music area of Smash.
Just remix the original like they've always have. And if something needed to be different then let it be the Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy victory theme instead.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Mario regains Mario Tornado, but with a Tanuki Suit. Buff his Smashes slightly, speed up his fireballs, buff his aerials' knockback and make him slightly heavier and slightly more range.

Give FLUDD to E. Gadd.

E. Gadd for SSB4.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Loving the subtle propaganda there, Ultinarok.
Lol, hey gotta promote it somehow. My thread hasn't had a reply in a while and I just did a merger, so I kind of want people to notice it so the conversation can carry on and new ideas can be introduced without needless bumping. mypantisgone is the current thread starter but my ideas are in there too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lol, hey gotta promote it somehow. My thread hasn't had a reply in a while and I just did a merger, so I kind of want people to notice it so the conversation can carry on and new ideas can be introduced without needless bumping. mypantisgone is the current thread starter but my ideas are in there too.

Just don't overdo it, or else E-Gadd will probably end up like Impa thanks to a certain someone...

Top Bottom